George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012

+30
bamboochacha
watching
premiere
cindigirl
lucy
Lighterside
Natascha
fava
lelacorb
Joanna
Atalante
annemarie
Aruna
laetval
Best in Category
Bidbod
LornaDoone
barla
Katiedot
theminis
noodle
The next mrs clooney
EEOsandy
party animal - not!
Maggy
melbert
it's me
Lakin460
silly girl
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012

Post by party animal - not! Sat 06 Oct 2012, 18:38

Grinning from ear to ear as he watched her come back........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney on the red carpet for Argo's Los Angeles Premier Oct 4, 2012

Post by party animal - not! Sat 06 Oct 2012, 18:45

Cindy, if you google Accesshollywood, and scroll down to the item 'clooney and keibler scotch rumours (or something like that) the video should come up. That's what I ddi - hope it helps

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 06 Oct 2012, 18:58

Thanks party animal-not!!! lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 06 Oct 2012, 19:21

party animal - not! wrote:Thank you, Lux! I'm useless.

Thought this was interesting - Stacy walks off to some other photographers, and GC says 'Lost her', and then as she walks away, asks the paps if they'd rather look over his shoulder to look at the view - and they all say yes!

i think the shoulder reference was actually when they were stood together and he asked them if he should pose looking over his shoulder like she was doing. But see what you want to see party animal. I thought you were there? Did you not get to see them on the red carpet?
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 06 Oct 2012, 19:24

Joanna wrote:I think he loves that !

They were actually saying they wanted him to look over his shoulder like she was doing if you watch the video. You know how G likes to play around with the press.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 06 Oct 2012, 19:35

The next mrs clooney wrote:
Joanna wrote:I think he loves that !

They were actually saying they wanted him to look over his shoulder like she was doing if you watch the video. You know how G likes to play around with the press.

That's what I heard too. He was clowning around kinda like when he often asks the reporters on the red carpet if they wanted to know "who" he was wearing after the reporters ask his GF.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 06 Oct 2012, 21:00

Don't you think all that was a sign that he was
happy and relaxed ?

Apart from the "tired eyes" he looked like he was
"cookin' on gas" to me.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 06 Oct 2012, 21:04

I just think it was george being george on the red carpet. The charming joker.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 06 Oct 2012, 21:39

Don't forget, George is an actor and the red carpet is another acting role for him. Any pictures of him in public aren't going to show his true feelings.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 06 Oct 2012, 22:12

Crikey! George and Stacy even made the Daily Telegraph..............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 07 Oct 2012, 01:30

link?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 07 Oct 2012, 05:22

I think this was more George's need to be the centre of attention and ensure everyone knows he was involved in the film than anything else. Him stepping out with gf in a revealing dress after the press had split rumours swirling, made the G&S show the focus. G actively seems to have wanted to make the night about him instead of Ben who directed and stars in the film.

He did a similair move with Larson at the film premiere in NY that Brad Pitt starred in (Ass. of Jesse James) which was their first US outing together not long after Venice.

Maybe G isn't feeling the love on set at the moment and without a project out with him acting for at least another 6 months, he needs to remind the press that he is stil around whilst he is filming out of town where he isn't the drawcard. Stacy has been sent out each night to ensure ongoing pap coverage. Premiere, Spago, Variety event - all about courting and ensuring ongoing coverage.

Bet Jen Garner was unimpressed by another upstaging blonde when the focus should be on her husband and the film he has created - Blake Lively for the Town and Stacy for this one.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 07 Oct 2012, 19:47

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 08 Oct 2012, 02:43

Just saw Ben being interviewed on one of those celebrity entertainment shows OTRC and he said that this project is the one of which he is most proud:

"I haven't felt this proud and as excited since Good Will Hunting, and when I made Good Will Hunting I didn't have any idea what I was talking about."

The Argo twitter chat with Ben Affleck noted in the post above sounds interesting but I'll be at work tomorrow (don't get Columbus day off) so won't get to see it.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Mon 08 Oct 2012, 04:44

What the hell is up with his hair part????? lol. Razz
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Tue 09 Oct 2012, 06:58

I thought it was kind of tacky the way George came to this premier and made it all about himself and Stacy. I mean Ben stars, directs and produces the movie, but all the media could talk about was George and Stacy. George should have been gracious and gone through a back door or had Stacy do that while he walked the carpet.
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 09 Oct 2012, 08:05

I don't know whether it was planned like that, but the whole split rumours then showing up at the premiere certainly took all the attention off the other people in the film.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:11

Clooneygirl wrote:I thought it was kind of tacky the way George came to this premier and made it all about himself and Stacy. I mean Ben stars, directs and produces the movie, but all the media could talk about was George and Stacy. George should have been gracious and gone through a back door or had Stacy do that while he walked the carpet.

Iosono agree with you it seems to me that George wants to appear on the red carpet (today will be in New York) but he's just a producer, he has not even played at the helm. The miss the red carpet? Stacy will be missed? Ben Afleck not need the help of George to launch his film!

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:32

yes
he doesn't
but I fear
the happy couple's pics (...)
made a fast trip around the world

you know,
the producer is
the one who can make some other projects
if he can
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:43

I don't think he had much choice but to walk the red carpet. If he stayed away the rumors would have exploded. If he avoided the red carpet, same thing. If he sent her inside or went alone,same thing again. He wanted to support the movie and he did avoid interviews which minimized questions about his relationship. I don't know what else, at that point, he could have done.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 10 Oct 2012, 00:21

Generally speaking, posing on the red carpet for the public is for the talent. Directors, too, if they're well known. Same for producers. Nobody gives a fudge about writers, unless s/he is also one of the above. GC is in the Spielberg/Tarantino realm, so, yeah, he can pose and take up some limelight as a producer.

But here's the thing: a Plus One should never EVER do anything to overshadow the wife of the major talent AND director of a project, even if she is the GF of the upper-echelon producer. And SK's dress is designed to upstage any and everyone. Like it or not (I don't), it's an attention grabber. All eyes on Stacey. I think that was the intent, and it was subliminally disrespectful, IMO.

SK certainly has a style that's eye-catching, but there's a difference between style and class. A stylist can't give you class. You got it or you don't. She don't.

BTW, check out their foot positions. His feet are pointed everywhere except towards her, even when their bodies are close. Her feet, on the other hand, point at him more often than not -- almost as if she consciously planted them that way.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Wed 10 Oct 2012, 01:43

When you google "Argo premiere" the first several headlines are strictly about George and Stacy - break-up rumors and her dress. I'm not saying George and/or Stacy "upstaged" Ben and/or Jen intentionally, but this "ain't George's first rodeo" and he knew that amid the break-up rumors and Stacy's cut-out dress, it was going to happen. I'm sure Stacy also knew. This could have been avoided by skipping the red carpet. George has done this many times when he was dateless. This was Ben's first big project in years - not cool IMO.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 10 Oct 2012, 01:49

Way2Old4Dis wrote: I think that was the intent, and it was subliminally disrespectful, IMO.
How about blatantly so?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Wed 10 Oct 2012, 01:56

I agree EEOsandy this pretty jerky of George. I guess he forgot what it was like when he was at that part of his career.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Oct 2012, 01:58

Wonder if he/they will be at the Argo charity screening in LA on Thursday

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 10 Oct 2012, 05:09

I don't know if he was so much trying to get the focus on them, he may not have known what she was wearing until she got there, if they are really living separately. Prolly realized it afterward tho. Don't think its intentional to "take" up all the attention because there will be several screenings and any one of those can be a "Biggie" event for the film. But on the other hand, it can act as a draw for other big screenings of ARGO. Know that sounds like a foreign language here but its highly possible.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 10 Oct 2012, 13:25

As good as this film probably is, it is not for mainstream audiences and most likely took a lot of effort to get financed. It is much more a prestige project than it is a big box office film. So I would bet that all the star power on the red carpets is to draw as many people from as many segments of the audience as possible. As producer, GC is obligated to do everything he can to make this picture a success -- which to a producer means making sure it sells enough tickets to pay the financiers all they're due in a timely fashion and end up somewhere over the black line. In other words, I think he had to be at this premiere, and the next one and the next one. It's his job to lend whatever star power he has to make sure this movie gets lots of publicity, which (one would hope) translates to being seen by lots of people.

But that doesn't mean he had to bring SK, and especially not the way she looked. I think it was a misstep on his part, and it's well past the time he realized that he can make all the prestige projects in the world, but when people who matter don't take him seriously because of the person he's "with," he's only putting up more roadblocks to the kind of recognition it seems he wants and needs.

(Not knocking the guy, BTW. Who doesn't want validation for their work? But I'm remembering the year he won an acting Oscar but was also up for directing (Good Night, and Good Luck); he seemed genuinely disappointed that winning for acting probably meant he hadn't won for directing. He wants to be recognized for his skills behind the camera. I would, too. Which means I probably wouldn't choose to parade around with Red Carpet Barbie and have the industry doubting my integrity to the craft.)

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Wed 10 Oct 2012, 13:39

Way2Old4Dis wrote:

(Not knocking the guy, BTW. Who doesn't want validation for their work? But I'm remembering the year he won an acting Oscar but was also up for directing (Good Night, and Good Luck); he seemed genuinely disappointed that winning for acting probably meant he hadn't won for directing. He wants to be recognized for his skills behind the camera. I would, too. Which means I probably wouldn't choose to parade around with Red Carpet Barbie and have the industry doubting my integrity to the craft.)

Just one good example is Warren Beatty's marrying Annette Bening. So many people's perception of him changed extremely. I know I certainly perceived him differently.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3