George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

+38
Cinderella
lucy
Way2Old4Dis
EEOsandy
watching
theminis
iamnoone
Dior
Missa
EinsteinsMistress
barla
laetval
lelacorb
pandabear
premiere
lovelylois
noodle
annemarie
OofOof
fava
party animal - not!
Henway
Best in Category
amaretti
Maggy
Joanna
blubelle
cindigirl
it's me
silly girl
NotAvailable
The next mrs clooney
LornaDoone
m4rose
melbert
Lakin460
Katiedot
42 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 Empty Re: George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

Post by silly girl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 00:33

I agree with you Missa...but sometimes there is no arguing with people. Here is a nice story that happened that night from Radar Online:

Clooney: Humanitarian, Oscar Winner, Agent, Wingman? George Makes A Fan's Dream Come True!

Is George Clooney planning to add agent to his ever expanding resume?

The big-hearted superstar got friendly with 25 year-old Cody La Scala at the 26th Anniversary Carousel Of Hope Ball in Beverly Hills, Calif. on Saturday night. Wheel chair bound from a crippling bout with cerebral palsy, La Scala is an aspiring actor and confessed to Clooney that he is a big fan.

PHOTOS: George Clooney Poses With Cody La Scala

“George was so touched. It was so cute. He hugged Cody and introduced him to Stacy [Keibler]," an eyewitness tells RadarOnline.com. "They chatted for a bit and George encouraged him to follow his dream, took down his number and promised to make some calls!”

George was recognized for his efforts in advocating various humanitarian causes by being honored with the Brass Ring Award and when he bumped into Cody later, he handed him the trophy and said, “Here, hold this!”

PHOTOS: Hollywood's Most Charitable Stars

When Cody told George that he thought Carmen Electra was “hot,” George flagged down the buxom babe and made an intro. Carmen planted a sexy smooch right on Cody’s cheek!

Just when we thought we couldn't love George any more!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 5 Empty Re: George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

Post by Joanna Tue 23 Oct 2012, 00:50

That's a great story..what a lovely name Cody La Scala !
He should make it with an unforgettable name like that.

Hope he gets to La Scala too one day.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 23 Oct 2012, 00:50

Missa wrote:Oh, for Pete's sake.

The word "legend" is in quotes because I was indicating that I was using your words. You'll have no argument from me that Sidney Poitier is a legend, so settle down.

And no, I do not believe that George has any say in any seating arrangements at any event he attends (with the exception perhaps of the Obama fundraiser at his home). The event is run by Mrs. Davis, who apparently makes personal phone calls to each attendee to invite them. Do you think someone who micromanages to that level (not saying that's a bad thing), delegates the seating arrangements? In some of the pictures, Mrs. Davis is sitting to George's left. Perhaps it is she who wanted to sit at the same table with Sidney Poitier.

This wasn't a party planned exclusively for George. It was a biennial charity fundraiser that happened to select George as their honoree this year. If George had a say in the planning process, I'm certain he would have selected better performers than the runner-up from last year's American Idol and an R&B singer from the 90s.

This would be funny if it weren't so tiresome. Not even worth the effort of a click on the eyeroll emoticon.

There is absolutely nothing contentious in what I said, going back to my original point, unless you're looking to read something contentious into it.

BTW, Katiedot, if you're reading this, this kind of thing is exactly the reason so many people are willing to stay away for extended periods or leave entirely. Nobody needs grief from an actor fansite. Life's too short.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 23 Oct 2012, 01:12

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Missa wrote:Oh, for Pete's sake.

The word "legend" is in quotes because I was indicating that I was using your words. You'll have no argument from me that Sidney Poitier is a legend, so settle down.

And no, I do not believe that George has any say in any seating arrangements at any event he attends (with the exception perhaps of the Obama fundraiser at his home). The event is run by Mrs. Davis, who apparently makes personal phone calls to each attendee to invite them. Do you think someone who micromanages to that level (not saying that's a bad thing), delegates the seating arrangements? In some of the pictures, Mrs. Davis is sitting to George's left. Perhaps it is she who wanted to sit at the same table with Sidney Poitier.

This wasn't a party planned exclusively for George. It was a biennial charity fundraiser that happened to select George as their honoree this year. If George had a say in the planning process, I'm certain he would have selected better performers than the runner-up from last year's American Idol and an R&B singer from the 90s.

This would be funny if it weren't so tiresome. Not even worth the effort of a click on the eyeroll emoticon.

There is absolutely nothing contentious in what I said, going back to my original point, unless you're looking to read something contentious into it.

BTW, Katiedot, if you're reading this, this kind of thing is exactly the reason so many people are willing to stay away for extended periods or leave entirely. Nobody needs grief from an actor fansite. Life's too short.

You're one hundred percent correct. The ability of certain posters to go from zero to sixty over complete nonsense is the reason people take a break from the board or leave entirely. I honestly cannot believe I have spent this long discussing the seating arrangements of a party to which I was not invited. In my defense, you called me out for using quotation marks around the word "legend" (there I go again) as though it were a personal attack on Sidney Poitier, and then asked if I thought George had a say in the planning. I simply answered both. If you didn't like the answer, that's not on me. Most of the people on here are able to agree to disagree without having to leave the board for extended periods.

Although I do think it's odd that my post was "too tiresome" to be worth a click on the emoticon, but not too tiresome to warrant a typed response and a shout out to Katie. I typically just scroll past the posters I find tiresome. As I will be doing in 3...2...1...
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 23 Oct 2012, 01:48

If it was George's event then he would have had a say in the seating arrangements but we have to remember that he was just a guest. No one reviews a seating chart with a guest.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 23 Oct 2012, 01:49

Congratulations George!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 23 Oct 2012, 02:23

Congrats George !! Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 23 Oct 2012, 02:32

Cinderella wrote:Congratulations George!
YES!

Congratulations George Hug1
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 23 Oct 2012, 03:09

Wow! Lots of posts to catch up on and lots of people feeling as irritable as I have for the last few days! (-: One comment caught my attention; George introduced Sarah Larson to the Dalai Lhama? Good God! I was actually thinking he must feel strongly about Stacy as since she's been with him she's met the President at least 2 times, Bon Jovi, Bono, and a ton of other amazing people But the Dalai Lhama is someone I've respected for so many years and have wanted to meet The idea he would take Sarah to meet him makes me wonder a bit about him I must admit. Wow! Would have loved to have been a fly on that wall.

What I got from this event is that he was the guest of honor which is the only reason he went. Other than major film icons in their 80's and 90's the rest of the people in attendance were d-listers and many of the people Stacy runs in to at all her hosting events. As for the seating argument, I worked for several non profits in my life and the seating charts are done by the host. And, it's typically boy girl boy girl. Poitier is a film icon and as such placed at the head table and Stacy, lucky girl, got to sit next to him.

All I can say, is she is one lucky lady! And not just because of who she's sleeping with!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 23 Oct 2012, 04:48

Henway found this and I don't think we've seen it yet:

Way2Old4Dis wrote:BTW, Katiedot, if you're reading this, this kind of thing is exactly the reason so many people are willing to stay away for extended periods or leave entirely. Nobody needs grief from an actor fansite. Life's too short.
Well yes, but I haven't found a way in which people can post their different - and opposing - opinions on a site without ever disagreeing or taking umbrage. If anyone has a feasible idea let me know and I'll be happy to make it happen.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 23 Oct 2012, 12:20

I was told some years ago by an experienced forum member that one had to have a thick skin to be active on a forum.

That is so true lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 23 Oct 2012, 13:26

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 23 Oct 2012, 13:46

bravo!! Love2
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 23 Oct 2012, 14:12

Joanna wrote:I was told some years ago by an experienced forum member that one had to have a thick skin to be active on a forum.

That is so true lol!
Joanna is necessary to have thick skin to live not to play ........... this is a game, a relaxing, fun!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 23 Oct 2012, 14:59

Oh Gosh that was awfullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ! Laughing He really needs lessons !!! Beaten 1 out of 10 Doh! pointing

Last edited by Atalante on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 15:04; edited 1 time in total
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 23 Oct 2012, 15:01

Joanna wrote:I was told some years ago by an experienced forum member that one had to have a thick skin to be active on a forum.

That is so true lol!

I don't think it's true, I am a member of several forums and this is the only one where bashing takes place.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Tue 23 Oct 2012, 15:48

I don't think it's true, I am a member of several forums and this is the only one where bashing takes place. [/quote]

Oh, Next Mrs. - you must have been left off the memo stating that if you put this emoticon lol! behind anything you say it's not considered bashing?
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 23 Oct 2012, 15:51

Ahh Sandy thanks for pointing that out. Will use LOL after everything I say from now on lol!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 23 Oct 2012, 16:58

And of course you two aren't bashing another poster right now are you? As I've had to say several times to others, if you're having problems with a particular poster, put them on ignore.

-----------------------------------------
I don't know about a thick skin, but the ability to understand that when someone disagrees with you that it's not a personal attack is helpful, otherwise you go through cyberlife believing yourself under attack where in reality none is happening.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 23 Oct 2012, 17:14

Katiedot wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:BTW, Katiedot, if you're reading this, this kind of thing is exactly the reason so many people are willing to stay away for extended periods or leave entirely. Nobody needs grief from an actor fansite. Life's too short.
Well yes, but I haven't found a way in which people can post their different - and opposing - opinions on a site without ever disagreeing or taking umbrage. If anyone has a feasible idea let me know and I'll be happy to make it happen.

I have no problems with disagreements or debate -- or even a feisty but civil verbal fight, for that matter. I think my short history here will bear me out on that. But I do have an issue with members intentionally provoking a reaction (for whatever personal reason) and then arguing against the reaction before retreating behind "You said this to me first." That's just juvenile and irksome. And I don't have an answer for you, outside of a virtual pledge to abide by some sort of honor system for mature discourse.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 23 Oct 2012, 17:27

laetval wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
OMW, he is such a sweetheart. I love you I love you

I wonder if he had to change his pants after that, haha Razz

Hug1
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 23 Oct 2012, 17:32

Katiedot wrote:And of course you two aren't bashing another poster right now are you? As I've had to say several times to others, if you're having problems with a particular poster, put them on ignore.

-----------------------------------------
I don't know about a thick skin, but the ability to understand that when someone disagrees with you that it's not a personal attack is helpful, otherwise you go through cyberlife believing yourself under attack where in reality none is happening.

We are absolutely not bashing another poster we are making fun of the way some people get away with being rude on this forum just by adding LOL. Obviously it is true because you don't see through it at all. From now on everything I say will have LOL after it to cover my ass as it seems to work for certain people on this site. Assuming that I continue to post here. I come here to share my opinions about George and don't care if people agree or not, what I don't come here for is to be lectured by the moderator. If I want a lecture I can call my mum. I wonder why this site has so many problems that you don't encounter on other forums?? Oh that's right, it's pretty obvious why!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:33

Perhaps you don't understand that that 'other poster' is also just having some fun and not actually being rude?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:40

Hug1

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:42

Katiedot wrote:Perhaps you don't understand that that 'other poster' is also just having some fun and not actually being rude?
Or maybe we do!!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:55

Maggy wrote:I wonder if he had to change his pants after that, haha Razz Hug1

ROFL I love that video so much. Now on George's last oh I think he went off key purposely. I'm positive he could have done better than that.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 23 Oct 2012, 19:12

I love it too.

You have to admire his good spirit. He's a trooper sunny
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 19:19

Maggy wrote:You have to admire his good spirit. He's a trooper sunny

AND one of the kindest men I know. I used to think he was gay because ( and no offense meant) but men are usually not as sensitive and caring.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 23 Oct 2012, 19:30

"AND one of the kindest men I know"

Right,

What's why he has me wrapped around his little finger. I love you
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 23 Oct 2012, 20:46

cindigirl wrote: Now on George's last oh I think he went off key purposely. I'm positive he could have done better than that.

purposely
I agree Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:14

The next mrs clooney wrote:
Katiedot wrote:Perhaps you don't understand that that 'other poster' is also just having some fun and not actually being rude?
Or maybe we do!!!!

Compared to many on here, I thought I had always been very respectful. I'm glad things have been cleared up. It depends on who you are as to whether you're bashing someone or just having fun. Silly me - guess I should have known the difference. Now that I have clarity I'll stay on my other George forum where the rules are applied equitably for everyone, and oddly enough while there are differences of opinions, so far I've observed no bashing.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:44

Keep practising Cloonz, keep practising : LINK Basketball Spliff
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 25 Oct 2012, 19:53

The Carousel of Hope
George Clooney is honored at Barbara Davis’s bi-annual juvenile diabetes fund-raiser

“I’m uncomfortable with ‘hands touching hands,’” George Clooney said to Neil Diamond as the singer coaxed him into warbling a few lines with him from “Sweet Caroline” at the Carousel of Hope Gala. Clooney finally agreed to belt out the “so good” section once he drained his glass of red wine, then took a few additional slugs from the bottle. The actor (who showed up with date Stacy Keibler) was honored at Barbara Davis’s bi-annual Carousel of Hope extravaganza. Davis’s event has raised around $75 million for the Children’s Diabetes Foundation over the last 35 years, an incredible feat in this town.

Jay Leno has been emceeing the to-do since its inception, and when Neil Diamond took to the stage to sing a long set, he joked, “When Barbara [Davis] proposes, she don’t get no no’ses.” Davis in turn joked about the singer. “He’s a great performer, and I sure do like his last name,” she said. Every time I attend this event, I find myself checking out Davis’s enormous diamond or pearl necklaces, which are pretty spectacular. Diamond took the opportunity to introduce his new wife,Katie McNeil, who is only about 30 years his junior. Not quite the Hollywood math of taking half the fella’s age and subtracting six, but close. Shirley MacLaine showed up to pinch-hit for Carl Reiner (who was ill but fine, Clooney said later), and introduced her pal George. “I was in the first Ocean’s movie,” she said, referring to Clooney’s Ocean’s Eleven flicks. “I was the drunk hooker falling off the car.” The party went into the wee hours, and the line for the goody bag had security.

Who else was at the Beverly Hilton bash? Sidney Poitier, Clive Davis, Jane Fonda, Julianne Hough, Quincy Jones, Joan Collins, Jerry Weintraub, Jerry Bruckheimer, Jay Leno, Smokey Robinson, Brad Grey, Berry Gordy, Carrie Ann Inaba, and all the fellas from KISS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 25 Oct 2012, 20:20

Quote from laetval's post "Diamond took the opportunity to introduce his new wife, Katie McNeil, who is only about 30 years his junior."

If the Hollywood math works then Neil Diamond's wife is around 31 or 32 years old. Neil Better hope George doesn't steal his wife to get back at him for making him sing. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 25 Oct 2012, 20:25

Cindi, if Mr. Diamond is 71 and she is about 30 years younger, then she is in her early 40s, not Mr. Clooney's type.
I think Neil Diamond has nothing to worry about.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 25 Oct 2012, 20:32

Hi Maggy - the article said to to subtract 6. Neil is 71 1/2, half his age would be about 35 1/2, then subtract 6 would bring you to about 30 or so.

Quote: "Not quite the Hollywood math of taking half the fella’s age and subtracting six, but close"

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 25 Oct 2012, 20:34

Thanks Cindi Rolling Eyes
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 25 Oct 2012, 20:41

You're welcome Maggie. It's just that I notice in the latest vid that when Neil introduced his wife George was in the background smiling and nodding his approval. With all due respect I have to admit our George IS a horndog. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 25 Oct 2012, 20:49

Horndog?!?

I think it's time someone beat it out him warning

Hehehe(JK)
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 25 Oct 2012, 20:59

The video I was talking about is on the other thread. I copied the vid here - check out the .27 point to see George's approval glance. LOL

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 25 Oct 2012, 21:08

OMW, did you see Stan just go under, silly man Very Happy

and yes, I saw that approval Laughing
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 25 Oct 2012, 21:36

George is great, exceptional with Neil Diamond but he doesn't isinging he is playing!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 25 Oct 2012, 23:33

LINK Different scenes singing
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 25 Oct 2012, 23:48

Thanks hathaross - I never get tired of hearing George sing.... lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 25 Oct 2012, 23:52

You´re welcome!!

Me neither Very Happy

(I´m not posting lately... I´m very very busy but sometimes I read the posts)
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 26 Oct 2012, 00:15

Nice to see you again Hathaross!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 27 Oct 2012, 00:40

Thanks melbert! Hope everythin goes well! Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Nov 2012, 19:58

Don't know if anyone is interested in this, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have more pix of Our Hero at this event, and many others besides, going way back to the summer.

Interestingly I noticed some from a trip they both apparently made to Navandano in Como on July 7. This was just after the food poisoning event, but not the same occasion when a group of them were there.

The pix are incredibly small, and being technically inept, I am clueless as to how to resolve that, but it may be worth a look.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 08 Nov 2012, 20:15

Sorry party...mine comes up in foreign !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Nov 2012, 23:51

Mm, I wondered if that might happen, but I know that our friends on the Frenchies site had some shots from them in the siummer with an absolutely huge term of reference. I think I found it going back in their archives on page 13 or thereabouts. Go to 'suivante' at the bottom of their page to go back historically. Thanks to them

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next