George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
You too can order a George Clooney urn EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

You too can order a George Clooney urn

5 posters

Go down

You too can order a George Clooney urn Empty You too can order a George Clooney urn

Post by Katiedot Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:34

These week's missive from the world of weird leaves me with way too many unanswered questions. Such as: how did the company 'accidentally' make and then deliver an Obama-urn? And why on earth was the customer ordering a George Clooney urn in the first place? And why did the picture editor use the word 'realistic' next to a picture of an urn that's anything but?

But there you go:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

House your loved one's ashes in an urn that looks like THEM: Company offers personalised heads to hold cremated remains

By Thomas Durante

24 July 2012

There is now hope for those who wish to see the face of their departed loved ones in a device that doubles as a box to hold their ashes. Cremation Solutions, a Vermont-based memorial products service, is taking the idea of a traditional urn and turning it on its head, using state-of-the-art facial recognition software and 3D printers to produce human faces as realistic monuments.

The company says it can design the urn to look like anyone - all it needs are photos that show the front and side of the face the customer wishes to use. Urns are created using facial recognition software and 3D printers to create human faces like President Obama, which Cremation Solutions owner Jeff Staab says was unintentional

The heads stand on a marble plaque and come complete with a nameplate. Each urn is built to order, and customers have the chance to approve the design before each one is sent out.

The company's owner, Jeff Staab, has spent years in the funeral business, and came up with the idea two years ago when he noticed that urns were becoming much more personalised with requests for pictures and engraved messages on them.

Mr Staab told MailOnline: 'I thought, what about an urn that looks like a person? What could be more personal than that?'

He confesses that they don't sell particularly well because they look too real, and may alter the colour design to roll out urns that look more like the busts of ancient Greece.

On the Cremation Solutions website, a sample urn in the form of President Obama is prominently featured.

Mr Staab said that the likeness of the commander-in-chief was completely unintentional.

He said: 'They were supposed to send me a George Clooney, but I opened the box and it was President Obama.'

He said that the company that produced samples for him, ThatsMyFace.com, feared a lawsuit from Clooney and his reps, and sent Obama instead.

Mr Staab said that despite the imagery, he bears no ill will toward the president.

He said: 'I get complaints about that and I'm surprised the Secret Service hasn’t visited me yet. But I don’t want him dead.'

The urns do not come with hair. Cremation Solutions says on its website that hair can be digitally added, or a wig can be used to mimic the deceased's coiffure.

Each urn is available at a price of $2,600, plus shipping costs. It takes about a week to make them.

A 'keepsake-sized' person urn is also available for those who are looking for something smaller than a life-sized human head at a reduced price of $600.

Other Cremation Solution products include pendants designed to hold a loved one’s ashes, urns that look like acorns and a device used to scatter ashes.

There's also Mr Staab's top-seller - fingerprint jewellery - which allows a customer to wear an imprint of their loved one on earrings, pendants and military dog tags.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

You too can order a George Clooney urn Empty Re: You too can order a George Clooney urn

Post by Lakin460 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:39

Oooooooh! That's just creepy!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

You too can order a George Clooney urn Empty Re: You too can order a George Clooney urn

Post by it's me Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:40

all crazy ppl around, today!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaGirl Wed 25 Jul 2012, 18:29

There are some verrry weird ppl out there! The Obama urn really creeps me out. Holy crap.... Shocked
LyndaGirl
LyndaGirl
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 26 Jul 2012, 07:24

there are some sick puppies out there.

Lyndagirl - cute avatar
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 26 Jul 2012, 08:14

yours too Play!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 27 Jul 2012, 05:44

thanks, a friend of mine who is a photographer shot this image. I just love it, so I'm borrowing it.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down