George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptyYesterday at 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney?

+3
it's me
Lakin460
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? Empty Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney?

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Apr 2012, 12:42

I read this in the Daily Mail and immediately thought of George. Then I found this online, so I'm not the only person making that connection! What do you think? Are there similarities between the two?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simon Cowell Admits to 'Nights of Passion' with X-Factor Co-Judge Dannii Minogue
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 15, 2012 12:14 PM GMT

Is Simon Cowell the new George Clooney? The "Britain's Got Talent" (BGT) judge sure knows, it seems, how to charm the ladies, if his latest confessions are true.

During an interview for a biography, Cowell confessed to having a "passionate" relationship with co-judge Dannii Minogue.

"I had a crush on her. It was Dannii's hair, the sexy clothes, and the t**s. I was like a schoolboy. She was foxy. She was a real man's girl. Very feminine. It was genuine love. After Terri Seymour, I wasn't ready for another relationship," Simon was quoted as saying by the Mirror.

"Simon and Dannii always had a big on-screen chemistry, when Dannii joined the panel in 2007, but clearly managed to hide their affair from viewers. They are said to have spent several nights together, but the ­relationship petered out after a while," a source told the Sunday Mirror.

There were actually speculations regarding the two of them being together but since neither of them confirmed it, the media let it go. There was even a picture of them holding hands in Simon's car. However, at the time, Dannii admitted she was just flirting with him and denied fancying him.

"But that man could flirt with a book, a wall, anything. I don't fancy him and I don't have a type I go for, but I like a man who makes me laugh, who's intelligent and speaks his mind," Dannii stressed.

There was one hint of the two actually being in a relationship. In 2008, Dannii joked about Cowell having too much cosmetic surgery.

"He's got more botox in his body more than anyone on TV ever. It changes your face you can see that with Simon, he's that vain. He loves himself, he really does. And he's very honest about it," Danni said.

Meanwhile, the biography on Cowell - titled "Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life of Simon Cowell" - is being written by journalist Tom Bower and also reveals Cowell was interested in another "X-Factor" judge - Cheryl Cole. He even put it as "a mouse being played on by a beautiful cat".

And here's a few selected bits from the Daily Mail version of the story (full story at the link):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A secret affair with Dannii, lusting after Cheryl, besotted by Natalie... Simon Cowell's more red-blooded than many of us supposed - if a new book's to be believed

By Alison Boshoff [isn't that the same writer who did the 'toxic bachelor story on George when he split from Lisa? Katiedot]

PUBLISHED: 00:55 GMT, 16 April

Of course, if you are a 52-year-old entertainment titan who has long suffered jibes and speculation about your sexuality, publicity of this sort is catnip. Just recently, the Village Voice in New York ran an article titled: Simon Cowell: Gay Or Just British?

Cowell told Bower he fell for Dannii after she joined The X Factor’s judging panel in 2007. ‘It was genuine love,’ he claims.

However, a long-standing friend of his tells me: ‘Whenever Simon uses the phrase genuine, you know it’s not true.’ (And ‘genuine love’, surely, is a phrase better reserved for happily-ever-after rather than a clandestine, no-strings assignation.). His account of the romance is as follows: ‘I had a crush on her. It was her hair, the sexy clothes and the ***s. She was foxy. She was a real man’s girl. Very feminine.’

Why did it end? Apparently, Cowell told a friend: ‘There were a few bonks and then it petered out while I was in America.’

Not quite the stuff of grand romance, then.

Cowell has never married and none of his many relationships has lasted. There have also been numerous flings and liaisons, which he has been lucky to keep out of the newspapers.

One relative of a Cowell conquest told me: ‘He is very intense and controlling, and then when he cools off he simply couldn’t care less. I don’t really know if he has ever been in love. He will say he is, but it’s not in his make-up, in my opinion.’

Another long-standing colleague says: ‘Simon is only fully committed to work, making money and to himself. It’s all about him.

‘The only person he cares about other than himself — who he has ever cared about — is his mum, Julie.
‘He likes pretty girls and being in a relationship, but they end up just being useful arrangements. He will never get married. That’s the way it is — it’s not the wrong girl or the wrong time, it’s just Simon.’

Eighties pop star Sinitta, who dated him for a number of years and remains a close friend, has called Cowell a ‘master of denial’. She caught him out several times with other women and described him as a ‘horny, salty dog’, saying he likes women of every colour, culture and size.

His PR spokesman Max Clifford told me: ‘Simon is naturally a very generous person.

‘If he has spent a long time with someone and the magic has gone, but they have got used to a certain standard of living, then he feels they should have some money.’

What a curiously stunted emotional life Cowell seems to have. He may be 52, but it’s all crushes and flings, like a teenager.

He says he is in love, but there doesn’t seem to be any room in his life for anything resembling it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? Empty Re: Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney?

Post by Lakin460 Mon 16 Apr 2012, 12:57

Interesting article. I can def see parallels between Simon and George.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney? Empty Re: Is Simon Cowell another George Clooney?

Post by it's me Mon 16 Apr 2012, 13:03

no

not me
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 16 Apr 2012, 13:25

At least George is respectful toward people, but not Simon Cowell.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Apr 2012, 13:39

Cowell is nothing like GTC.

Incredibly vain, I think, to the point of narcissum, and kind, yes, but with a hint of 'how can I make money out of this?' about him.

Not sure he would trek across deserts thro dodgy territory to see how people are managing their lives in desperate circumstances, either

Maybe he'll prove me wrong

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 16 Apr 2012, 13:50

If somone can get hold of the latest OK magazine (UK), there's an article saying how similar George & Simon are with women, charity works, and how not to get married!!! Wasn't worth buying, but quite interesting slant on the two of them. George still comes out on top, as Simon is more power hungry and more letchy!!! Love letter
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 16 Apr 2012, 14:05

There maybe similarities, but IMO George is kind, doesn't come off as conceited and vain.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 16 Apr 2012, 15:24

I have no respect for Simon CowelL; he is such a jerk any way you look at him. Once, there was a female contestant on "American Idol," who was being insulted by Mr. Cowell, and she did an oneupmanship on him. I just laughed, while thinking, "Hey, Simon, you just met your match, HAHAHAHAHA!!."
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down