George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012

+10
MyGirlKylie
lelacorb
cindigirl
Atalante
melbert
Cinderella
dakota007
it's me
Joanna
Katiedot
14 posters

Go down

George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 Empty George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Feb 2012, 05:43

Found by Henway. There are really fanstastic photos to this, so I'll add them in just a minute.

From LA Times Magazine

Merry Prankster
Laughter, fun and practical jokes are as close to George Clooney’s heart as his circle of friends

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

by NANCIE CLARE / photographs by RUVEN AFANADOR / styling by HAYLEY ATKIN / produced by HANNAH HARTE
Boss Black tuxedo shirt: $145, 310-859-2888, hugoboss.com. Vintage hat and bowtie: price upon request, Palace Costume, 323-651-5458, palacecostume.com. Vintage tuxedo: price upon request; cufflinks: price upon request, 323-651-5458, palacecostume.com. Boss Black tuxedo shirt: $145, 310-859-2888, hugoboss.com. Giorgio Armani dress shoe: $695, 310-271-5555, giorgioarmani.com.
Calvin Klein Collection coat: $3,750, 212-292-9000, calvinklein.com. Giorgio Armani long-sleeve button-up: $395; dress pant: $695; dress shoe: $695, 310-271-5555, giorgioarmani.com.

When we think of George Clooney, the words handsome, talented, humanitarian, class act, suave and debonair come to mind. So here’s a question: Would such a guy really relieve himself in a roommate’s cat box?

“Humor is humor,” he says to a question about what type of comedy—physical, visual, cerebral—most makes him chuckle. “W.C. Fields sitting next to a kid, George Bernard Shaw writing telegrams to Churchill—they all make me laugh.”

Then there’s Clooney’s famous penchant for practical jokes. Almost everyone who’s ever worked with him has a story—and some have more than one. In fact, his mischief making is in a class by itself. And the truly rare thing? The seeds of his jokes can occur from a spontaneous act or event, or they can be the product of meticulous planning. Clooney may have recently told Vanity Fair that patience is an overrated virtue, but it is one he practices: Once a prank is set in motion, he has been known to wait a very long while for all the moving pieces to align before pulling the trigger.

By her own account, Julianna Margulies never tried to mess with Clooney on the set of ER, though she recalls one person—who shall remain nameless—in the series’ early days who did. One time at lunch in the Warner Bros. commissary, she recalls, “He asked George, ‘Does my pasta smell funny?’ and then pushed the plate into his face.” Clooney took it all in stride, but “he waited until the guy’s last day [on the production] and placed a license plate frame on his car that said, ‘Honk if you like p--y.’ The guy thought every-one was honking and waving goodbye to him.

“He was the master—and he had the patience of a Buddhist monk,” she says of Clooney. “He can create a joke that will take eight years [to pull off].”

Eight years?

Margulies describes a time she was booked on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno during the first season of ER. “I’m not a comedienne,” she recalls thinking. “I don’t have a funny story.” So she turned to Clooney for source material—he supplied a story he said had happened to his mother.

The anecdote involved going to a doctor’s office, nudity—and the punch line was “I’m not a gynecologist, I’m a podiatrist.” And so the tale was told to millions. But it wasn’t the first time Clooney had suggested the yarn: Years before, he had given it to then live-in girlfriend Kelly Preston, and she had used it on her Leno appearance. And then he waited.

Cut to another night some eight years later, when Margulies and Clooney were each set to appear on The Tonight Show for separate projects. “I hadn’t seen George for a long time,” Margulies recalls. “I was so excited to see him again. I ran to his dressing room and gave him a big hug and kiss.”

But Clooney had plans for that broadcast. He had seen to it beforehand that Margulies’ and Preston’s earlier recountings of the same story were edited together, with each woman finishing the other’s sentences. It would have been a scream, but we’ll never know. When he saw Margulies, he realized how crushed she would be and pulled the plug at the 11th hour.

Asked if his wicked sense of humor has ever misfired, Clooney says, “I’m just screwing around...but you realize as you get home that it’s something that would hurt someone’s feelings, and maybe it’s not needed. You have to consider that a little more.”

In hindsight, Margulies says she doesn’t know anyone who’d wait eight years to pull a practical joke and then scuttle it to save a friend’s feelings. Which demonstrates yet another unique aspect of Clooney’s humor: He’s motivated by the art of the joke, not just the potential discomfort of its target.

Asked if his wicked sense of humor has ever misfired, Clooney says, “Humor only gets me in trouble when I forget that any joke I make will be heard by a lot of people and can be hurtful to someone if I’m not careful. I’m just screwing around...but you realize as you get home that it’s something that would hurt someone’s feelings, and maybe it’s not needed. You have to consider that a little more.”

Evan Rachel Wood seconds that sentiment. “George has a big heart,” she says of her director—and costar—in The Ides of March. “He wants people to have fun and be happy. He’ll do anything for his friends.” Wood says she herself has gotten off easy: During their time together, Clooney once convinced her to dance while singing Justin Bieber’s “Baby.” Unbeknownst to her, cameras were rolling. When it was over, he deadpanned, “Enjoy the DVD.”

Her costar Ryan Gosling was not quite so unscathed. As Wood tells it, while giving direction to Gosling, Clooney surreptitiously misted the front of his trousers with water. She recalls that Gosling was pretty used to people staring at him, just not quite like this. “It was pretty funny,” she says—and yes, Gosling laughed, too.

One joke pulled on Ocean’s producer and longtime friend Jerry Weintraub was of the premeditated type. “I had a gold silk shirt—a very expensive gold silk shirt—Clooney hated,” Weintraub says. “Once at the Bellagio when we were doing Ocean’s, I was having drinks with the guys, and Clooney sneaked into my closet and stole the shirt. That September, for my birthday, I received a big box wrapped with ribbon—and in it was my gold shirt. On the back, Clooney had drawn a picture in black marker of a giant penis, and he’d had everyone who participated in a charity golf tournament for prostate cancer in Las Vegas sign it, too. There were 30 signatures—Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle, Wayne Gretzky...”

Problem was, in Weintraub Clooney had a worthy adversary. “So I opened the box,” he recounts, “jumped in my golf cart and drove over to his office—this was when we both had offices at Warner Bros. Clooney was on the phone to [director Steven] Soderbergh, and there were people in his office. I walked in, took a golf club and broke up the place—smashing lamps, throwing a bicycle through the window, tossing scripts around. Clooney was curled up on the floor, screaming to Soderbergh, ‘He’s gone nuts, he’s gonna kill us all.’ Now, I was just kidding, and Clooney knew it. But then the head of the club came off and flew across the room, just missing him. We looked at each other and figured it had gone far enough.”

As prime as these pranks were, Clooney doesn’t consider any of them his masterpiece. When asked about his most outrageous practical joke, he says, “Google my name and ‘kitty litter,’ and you’ll get your answer.”

I did, and the story, as told by Clooney to both Leno and Dennis Miller, was inspired on so, so many levels. The brilliantly scatological tale is an established chapter in the Clooney canon. When I mention it to Margulies, she laughs and says, “My husband asks me to tell that story at dinner parties at least once a month.”

In a nutshell, after his divorce from Talia Balsam, Clooney moved in with a friend who had a cat. The litter box was in the bathroom. One day, Clooney did the scooping chore, flushing the cat poop down the toilet. He then did it the next day and the next and the next. But he didn’t tell his roommate, who became concerned at the cat’s lack of bowel movements and took him to the vet.

The feline was put on meds, and still Clooney continued to clean up after it. The roommate’s concern escalated, Clooney kept scooping. Finally, after hearing his roommate bemoan the cat’s lack of progress, Clooney relieved himself in the catbox and sat back to await his roommate’s reaction...which we presume he got in spades.

As funny as he is, Clooney doesn’t call himself a comedian. “Professional comedians are a very different breed than people with just a sense of humor,” he says. “I played in a basketball league with all comedians...and it was a very angry place.” Clearly not where Clooney wants to live.

MAKEUP: Francesca Tolot / Cloutier Remix
HAIR: Carola Gonzalez / The Magnet Agency
MANICURE: Lisa Jachno / Aim Artists
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 Empty Re: George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012

Post by Joanna Fri 03 Feb 2012, 12:20

Quote..."But Clooney had plans for that broadcast. He had seen to it beforehand that Margulies’ and Preston’s earlier recountings of the same story were edited together, with each woman finishing the other’s sentences. It would have been a scream, but we’ll never know. When he saw Margulies, he realized how crushed she would be and pulled the plug at the 11th hour.
Asked if his wicked sense of humor has ever misfired, Clooney says, “I’m just screwing around...but you realize as you get home that it’s something that would hurt someone’s feelings, and maybe it’s not needed. You have to consider that a little more.”

That's a nice part of his nature and it's good to have it exposed
in that fabulous article.

My favourite picture is the sad tramp.

Last edited by Joanna on Fri 03 Feb 2012, 12:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : asthetics)
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012 Empty Re: George Clooney in the LA Times, February 2012

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 12:40

WOW

how different
from the usual ones

like them
all I love you Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 13:45

anyway
first pic
cappello e fiocco sono...
terrificanti! Shocked
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Fri 03 Feb 2012, 16:06

cool pics!!he is great actor!! I like the sad picture too it is something I've never saw before!1 thanks Katie..
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 03 Feb 2012, 16:24

Very good article and photos are great! It made me smile! Laughing

Thanks for posting, Katie!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 03 Feb 2012, 16:41

I like when he plays dress-up!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 03 Feb 2012, 16:46

... surreptitiously ... scratch
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 03 Feb 2012, 17:29

Hey just had a thought...

How about a remake of Some like it Hot....
with George in the Tony Curtis role ( Cary Grant impression !)
and Brad in the Jack Lemmon role.

Shall we start a petition gils ???
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 18:33

driving home
I was thinking
that
in this such damn life
George
took the best way

enjoy

until you can

WTF!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 18:36

Joanna wrote:Hey just had a thought...

sure! Thumbs up! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 03 Feb 2012, 19:02

Quote from Katie's GC in the LA times about the license plate incident: "Clooney took it all in stride, but “he waited until the guy’s last day [on the production] and placed a license plate frame on his car that said, ‘Honk if you like
p--y.’ The guy thought everyone was honking and waving goodbye to him."

That (sadly) reminds me of when I was dating this guy who thought he was funny . We were dating only a few weeks and he put a sign on the back of my car that said "I put out on the first date."

I wondered why all the guys were driving past me smiling, giving me the thumbs up and waving. It took a few days before I saw the sign. Needless to say, he's now my ex bf. LOL

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 19:18

I put out means???

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 03 Feb 2012, 19:25

having sex on the first date...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 19:36

oh.
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 19:37

listen

this make me think
would you
with George
at the first date? (in a fictional world, of course!)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 19:43

does it need a new thread? or maybe such thread already exist?

anyway
dunno how to put it
imagine
you met
(whatever where and how)

frankly
yes or no?

not knowing about the future
you could have only one chance

play it
or better not
because.... you mustn’t do
because he can think that
because... whatever

so?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 03 Feb 2012, 19:49

it's me wrote:this make me think
would you
with George
at the first date? (in a fictional world, of course!)

Good grief no - I am a good girl (relatively speaking of course).

And I don't think having a first date sex thread on this forum is a good idea. Don't want to overheat anyone. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 03 Feb 2012, 19:59

Joanna wrote:Hey just had a thought...

OK! would be great
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 20:03

Don't want to overheat anyone. LOL

Mel? Laughing
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 03 Feb 2012, 23:12

Y E S!!! I would in a New York minute!!!! I'm not a good girl like CindiGirl (but I luv ya anyway CG!!)!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 03 Feb 2012, 23:37

Wong thread.... but seemed appropriate somehow ?

Male Dating Rituals

WHITE WOMEN

First date: You get to kiss her goodnight.

Second date: You get to grope all over and make out.

Third date: You get to have sex, but only in the
missionary position.

IRISH WOMEN

First Date: You both get blind drunk and have sex.

Second Date: You both get blind drunk and have sex.

20th Anniversary: You both get blind drunk and have sex.

ITALIAN WOMEN

First Date: You take her to a play and an expensive restaurant.

Second Date: You meet her parents and her Mom makes
spaghetti and meatballs.

Third Date: You have sex, she wants to marry you and insists
on a 3-carat ring.

5th Anniversary: You already have 5 kids together and
hate the thought of having sex.

6th Anniversary: You find yourself a girlfriend.

JEWISH WOMEN

First Date: You get dynamite head.

Second Date: You get more great head.

Third Date: You tell her you'll marry her and never get head again.

CHINESE WOMEN

First date: You get to buy her an expensive dinner, but
nothing happens.

Second date: You buy her an even more expensive dinner.
Nothing happens again.

Third date: You don't even get to the third date and you already realized nothing is going to happen.

INDIAN WOMEN

First date: Meet her parents.

Second date: Set the date of the wedding.

Third date: Wedding night.

MEXICAN WOMEN

First Date: You buy her an expensive dinner, get drunk on Tequila, and have sex in the back of her car.

Second Date: She's pregnant.

Third Date: She moves in. One week later, her mother, father, his girlfriend, her two sisters, her brother, all of their kids, her grandma, her father's girlfriend's mother, her two cousins, her sister's boyfriend and his three kids move in ......
and you live on rice and beans for the rest of your life in
your home that used to be nice,
but now looks like a home along the Rio Grande.

The POINT?

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IRISH WOMEN?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 Feb 2012, 00:02

I'm part Irish!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sat 04 Feb 2012, 00:11

melbert wrote:Y E S!!! I would in a New York minute!!!! I'm not a good girl like CindiGirl (but I luv ya anyway CG!!)!!!

Lmao! (sits in the naughty girl corner with Mel) I so WOULD, but only for George. Wink

Love the pics and article, Katie. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by MyGirlKylie on Sat 04 Feb 2012, 00:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid iPad autocorrects everything wrong...grrr)
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 04 Feb 2012, 00:38

Joanna wrote:Third date: You get to have sex, but only in the missionary position.

Thanks for the jokes Joanna.

My favorite position is the missionary position - woman on the bottom, man in Africa.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 Feb 2012, 01:45

somebody already green-lined you, but I had to add to it CindiGirl! Too funny!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sat 04 Feb 2012, 02:17

Hoboism requires no tailor. love it. flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sat 04 Feb 2012, 06:01

I am a little bit late in the game today, but still, thanks Henway & Katie !!!
Great article and fantastic pics. The second pic. is hilarious. Very Happy

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 Feb 2012, 07:27

Joanna!

we are not like that!!!!

(thank for the laughs, anyway Very Happy)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:35

melbert wrote:I'm part Irish!!!

Oh well....that explains everything mel Love5
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 Feb 2012, 23:08

Too bad I don't get to practice at it anymore!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 04 Feb 2012, 23:37

They say it's like riding a bike mel ?

Never understood that actually confused lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Feb 2012, 00:21

dynamite head

but....
what does it mean? scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 05 Feb 2012, 00:30

I have to admit... I love these photos! Smile
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Feb 2012, 01:45

it's me wrote:dynamite head

but....
what does it mean? scratch
giving REALLY good blow jobs!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Feb 2012, 01:59

cindigirl wrote:
Joanna wrote:Third date: You get to have sex, but only in the missionary position.

Thanks for the jokes Joanna.

My favorite position is the missionary position - woman on the bottom, man in Africa.

Brahahahaha! Very Happy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 05 Feb 2012, 02:07

And I thought this was about George in LA Times or something ;-) HAHAHAHHA... This is just so funny!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Feb 2012, 09:59

oh...
non avevo capito... Rolling Eyes

thanks Mel !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Feb 2012, 18:35

It's Me,
imparare qualcosa di nuovo ogni giorno?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Feb 2012, 20:41

esatto

Thumbs up!

(anyway men always mix heads up... guess why?)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down