George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

+69
chiki
mosaic
francis100
What Would He Say
Juliette Hardy
Carla97
Nicky80
minette
Mary-Lou
very vera
Dior
Picachu
pizza
ktsue2002
TURIGOL
aflower1325
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Barbara Garabedian
fava
theminis
cupcake
NotAvailable
Mazy
pattygirl
laetval
Pink Ice 1990
Cyteen
playfuldeb
flyingsolo
A(CUTE)-CASE-CLOONEYITIS
OofOof
amaretti
tzizz
Best in Category
Vi
cindigirl
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Lighterside
Lakin460
Ello
davidarochelle
bamboochacha
adgran
LornaDoone
lelacorb
Sirius12
watching
fluffy
Michelle meyers
macs
Cinderella
Natascha
alriv
zizi
lucy
silly girl
Maggy
Missa
Atalante
Duffy
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
Joanna
dakota007
73 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by it's me Sun 31 Mar 2013, 23:39

great vid
really great atmosphere Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 10 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by theminis Tue 02 Apr 2013, 13:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Google translation below.

Mission Art

02.04.2013 · "Monuments Men" tells how American art historian fought in World War II behind the German lines to Vermeer images and Nefertiti bust. George Clooney filmed the book in Berlin.

A ghost seems to deal in Berlin, and it looks like George Clooney. "Soho House" visitors firmly expect it these days but yet to take to the gym, and are disappointed when next to them on the treadmill only John Goodman gasps. Paparazzi and tourists shot off with their cameras, as last week came up the rumor on construction sites Unter den Linden boulevard, close to the Neue Wache, a locked area for the shooting was, next day you could see on newspaper photos Clooney with special mustache and Matt Damon in a uniform of the U.S. Army during the Second World War, recognized in profile the German actor Justus von Dohnányi and a thick uniforms with much tinsel, which then was probably Goering. A Berlin optician has now confirmed that not Clooney, but Cate Blanchett had appeared in his shop to let her set up forty-year eyewear model.

George Clooney is actually in Berlin because he since the beginning of March the movie "The Monuments Men" revolves. He is the director, plays a starring role, along with Grant Heslov wrote the script and is also one of the producers. Studio Babelsberg, also co-producer must not, however, confirm much more than that, there are no official photos yet on set dates. It is known that in addition to Clooney, Damon and Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray, John Goodman and Jean Dujardin with it, but it does not even have a cast list from which a finding of who plays whom.

And so it is very convenient that there is at least the book "Monuments Men" is, on which the film is based. Robert M. Edsel, 56, wrote it, he was recently also for interviews and readings in Berlin and Potsdam, because the book is four years after the publication in America now been published in German, he also spoke about the screenplay with Clooney but answered every question with a reference to the movie, he had sworn to secrecy.

Five million objects

And before Clooney's long shadow falls over film and book and their theme, must finally be told who because these "Monuments Men" actually are and were: a task force of American and British soldiers, or in civilian life as art historians, curators, architects Conservators worked and 1943, the middle of war, received the order to preserve European cultural heritage from destruction and later to find the stolen by the Nazis and deported art and artifacts in order to return to their rightful owners. "Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives Section" (MFAA), the unit was officially called, it was just "Monuments Men". She was located not very high in the military hierarchy, but with persistence and improvisation succeeded its members in the years 1943 to 1951, to identify more than five million objects and save - from Vermeer paintings to the Torah, from the Aachen Cathedral to the church bell.

"Heroes of civilization" they called Edsel, who these "Monuments Men" paid for more than a decade of enormous energy, passion and a lot of money, money that he, who is also a professional tennis player would be able to mid-nineties in the oil industry had earned. Edsel has already published an illustrated book on the topic, "Rescuing Da Vinci" (2006), he has created a foundation and develop a learning program can. For his book, he has conducted interviews with the few surviving "Monuments Men", the youngest is now 87 years old and from Germany comes Harry Ettlinger fled in 1938 with his Jewish family from Karlsruhe to New Jersey and was drafted out of high school.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
© Walker Hancock Collection
The man whom Clooney plays - the "Monuments Man" George Stout (far left) in May 1945 in Bernterode

It's Edsel to the "legacy" of a total of 345 men and women from 13 countries, and because he lacks neither pathos nor of self-confidence, he speaks of "the great untold story of World War II", with their "big final chapter," he wants to write their projects. This establishment is indeed an almost unique historical process: a country that the United States, it is defined as part of his war to preserve the cultural heritage of the enemy before being destroyed by bombs, marauding soldiers and the Nazis. Dwight D. Eisenhower, supreme commander of Allied forces in northwest Europe, had proclaimed end of December 1943 this goal. His command was the basis for the work of the "Monuments Men," whose necessity had brought near the Roberts Commission, the civil parish of the American Museum people, even President Roosevelt.

Art historians as heroes

It is not difficult to see where this substance is for a movie, why the "Monuments Men" are good for heroes: men mostly, at the time of their use were almost all in their forties, family and career, but also had plenty of adventure to the soldiers, art historians and investigators at the same time to travel through enemy territory. Robert Edsel has (with his co-author Bret Witter) the experience of his hero so written that one to one or other of the same historical person can imagine the right actor. And he has, he admits to the readability's sake also written one or two clarifying dialogue -. Said he hopes that Clooney and Heslovs screenplay version did not turn out quite as striking, with a little less "Casablanca" melting

Cinema Suitable definitely take the complete title of the book, which sounds like Indiana Jones: "Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the greatest treasure hunt in history". And it is also quite clear that George Clooney may embody only Lieutenant George Stout, mastermind and coordinator of the "Monuments Men" who was with his then 47 years an authority in the field of preservation and conservation of works of art. When Edsel describes him, it looks effortless Clooney before him: a man with a mustache and helmet, sitting in a battered VW Beetle, the Colt at the one, the dagger on the other side determined, assertive and anywhere on site, where it is controversial.

During the advance of the Americans we see Stout about the mine of flag in Thuringia, in the midst of the Reichsbank gold and treasures of the Gemäldegalerie in Berlin, next to the bust of Nefertiti, in an art depot near Maastricht, in which Rembrandt's famous "Night Watch" was rather rolled improperly; Bernterode or in Thuringia, in May 1945, where he spent there can recover the coffins of Frederick II and his father. And in the photo from Bernterode, which is printed in Edsels book, one could easily confuse Stout with Clooney.

Spying on German

It is also unquestionable that Cate Blanchett can only Rose Valland, although their appearance has to be pretty dimmed to suit those quietly heroine who spied in the Paris Jeu de Paume as unpaid workers, the Germans, after the museum to the terminal for all been stolen and confiscated collections of French Jews. Rose Valland listed what she saw, she risked a lot and gave her information to Jacques Jaujard, the director of the French National Museums, the guardians of the world famous Great works in the Louvre.

In this role, you can only was by "The Artist" in America has become known Jean Dujardin imagine how he in his office with the Rose Valland "Monuments Man" James Rorimer makes known, the curator at the Metropolitan Museum and later should be its director. Matt Damon would be perfect for this role, even if it's not so amazing historical model is similar, as Clooney does. Damon and Blanchett would incidentally also make pretty good against the backdrop of Neuschwanstein Castle, where the Nazis had brought most of the stolen goods from France.

Despite the somewhat silly secrecy of production you can after reading this book, so imagine quite well, what could be "The Monuments Men" on the big screen: the scenes, the characters, even the drama because there open always situations full of suspense when it comes around to save the treasures in the saltworks of Altaussee before preparing to blow up Hitler's henchmen, who had the resources there for his pompous "Führer Museum" in Linz can hoard. Here too Stout ensures that, among other things, and Jan van Eyck's Ghent Altarpiece Michelangelo Bruges Madonna are recovered without damage.

More Articles
"Our mothers, our fathers" on ZDF: The story of German nightmares
ZDF trilogy "Our mothers, our fathers' desire trauma of children
Video Movie Review: 'The Artist'
Video Movie Review: Steven Soderbergh's "The Good German"

George Clooney, even in "The Good German" (2006) ever came as a journalist from Germany is bombed, so be sure the right person to the memory of the "Monuments Men" not only to preserve, but its very existence prominently displayed on the map to set the reminder. No matter how good the movie will be succeeded him at the end. In these days of debates on the television miniseries "Our mothers, our fathers," it is even more refreshing to read Edsels book. And to have a few words reverberate. Of the Eisenhower for example, is concerned with a "battle that serves to protect our civilization," or of the Stout, "What happens if we win the war but lose the last 500 years of our cultural history"

It's that simple sometimes. That is you will not immediately come up with the rhetoric-formula "culture and barbarism," does not even the idealism of the "Monuments Men" praise because their work was indeed a genuinely materialist. It is completely sufficient to think of what Robert Edsel has said with regard to Iraq: that the attitude of the United States was in World War II introduced a "gold standard" - "Similar efforts have been made in any of the following conflicts and wars" . And maybe it has to do with the fact that these people who had come to liberate Europe from the Nazis, a bit more thoroughly thought about, because a world might look like that would come after the catastrophe of World War II.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 02 Apr 2013, 14:41

Love this picture of George Stout.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 02 Apr 2013, 19:51

Funny blog entry....

Humboldt-Studios present: George Clooney, die Nazis und ich
von glamorama Pro @ 2013-04-02 – 15:15:15
Als ich heute früh zur Arbeit gehen wollte, war das Institutsgebäude durch einen hohen Zaun abgeriegelt und von grimmig dreinblickenden Security-Leuten umstellt. Der Grund: George Clooney dreht einen zum Ende des Zweiten Weltkriegs spielenden Film in Berlin, und die vom Verfall gezeichneten und halb verrotteten Gebäude der Humboldt-Uni sind dafür offenbar die beste Kulisse.

Nachdem ich vier Personen erklärt habe, dass ich kein Filmgroupie, sondern ein wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter auf dem Weg ins Büro bin, durfte ich an als Nazis verkleideten Statisten und unbesetzten Stühlen mit Namensschildern wie Bill Murray und John Goodman vorbei schleichen und das einzige nicht gesperrte Treppenhaus benutzen. Nun sitzt vor meinem Büro ein grimmiger Security-Mensch, der permanent in sein Walkie-Talkie schreit, mich aber jedesmal, wenn ich aufs Klo will, ermahnt, bitte leise zu sein, weil das die empfindlichen Nerven der Filmleute stören würde.

Unsere exzellente Exzellenzuni, die sonst wegen jedem unwichtigen Furz die Email-Postfächer ihrer Mitarbeiter zumüllt, hat es (natürlich!) nicht hinbekommen, uns vorab über den zweitägigen Ausnahmezustand zu informieren. Für eine Stellungsnahme ist (natürlich!) auch niemand zu erreichen - die Verantwortlichen sind im Osterurlaub. Das ist vielleicht auch besser so, denn ich bin hier nicht der Einzige, dessen Blutdruck gerade vierstellige Werte erreicht.

Ich hoffe nur, dass mir George Clooney auf dem Klo begegnet - dann hätte ich wenigstens jemanden, dem ich für diese Sauerei ans Bein pinkeln könnte.
-----------------------------------Translation-------------------------------------------

Glamorama by Pro @ 2013-04-02 - 15:15:15
Today when I wanted to go to work early, the Institute building was sealed off by a high fence and surrounded by grim looking security people. The reason: George Clooney is shooting a the end of World War II movie to be dubbed in Berlin, and by decay and half-rotted buildings of Humboldt University are obviously for the best scenery.

After I explained four people that I am not Filmgroupie, but a research assistant on the way to work, I was able to dressed as Nazis extras and unoccupied chairs with their names as Bill Murray and John Goodman sneak past and use the only unlocked stairwell . Now outside my office sits a grim security man who constantly screams into his walkie-talkie, but I every time I want to go to the bathroom, admonished to be quiet please, because that would interfere with the sensitive nerves of the film people.

Our excellent university of excellence, the zumüllt otherwise unimportant because each fart the email boxes of its employees, it has (of course) do not get to us in advance to find out about the two-day state of emergency. For an opinion (of course) is also accessible nobody - those responsible are in the Easter holidays. This is perhaps just as well, because I'm not the only one here whose blood pressure just reached four-digit values​​.

I just hope that I met George Clooney on the loo - then at least I would have someone I could pee for this mess in the leg.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 02 Apr 2013, 20:12

I just hate it when someone farts my e-mail box.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 02 Apr 2013, 21:07

Sounds like George is making new friends here and there.
But seriously, can you blame him for this?
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 03 Apr 2013, 05:24

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I just hate it when someone farts my e-mail box.

I'm trying to picture someone farting in an email box but it's just not coming to me.

So this is the best I could find. The "Oh oh" one did make me LOL!

I know, I know so far off topic I'm sure Katie will come verbally rip me a new one.

Oh wait, I said rip!

Brahahahahahaha

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 03 Apr 2013, 06:38

Lorna will you please send me whatever you're drinking? You are having way too much fun to drink alone.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 03 Apr 2013, 06:50

Thanks so much;
Theminis & SillyGirl
for the articles and translations.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 07 Apr 2013, 09:34

Hope this hasn't already been posted.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:39

Yes it's on another MM thread. So good to see his "hands on"
work and his obvious delight at things going well.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 07 Apr 2013, 23:22

Sorry, thought it was new - oh well back to searching.....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 08 Apr 2013, 21:33

Lots of youtubeclips: LINK Thanks to the Frenchiesfans ! Smile
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 08 Apr 2013, 23:46

thanks !! Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 11 Apr 2013, 04:22

Google translations below of link:

Prominent visitors

George Clooney turns in Krampnitz Barracks

Action in the Krampnitz barracks in Potsdam, where Hollywood star George Clooney and his crew shot Wednesday ham war scenes for the movie "The Monuments Men". In the coming days the shooting will be continued in Berlin.

The "Studio Babelsberg" - co-producer of the strip - uses the abandoned facility in the north of the city on a regular basis as a foreign setting. "The conditions are there for filmmaking very beneficial," said studio spokesman Eike Wolf. On the approximately 40 hectare site was for "Enemy at the Gates" and "Inglourious Basterds" was filmed.

Is also in Berlin turned further

Director Clooney interested loud "Märkischer General" especially the hall countryside to the west of the site. There once horses were housed, later tanks and other vehicles. The first set-date on the site fell out rather short. From mid-June - the end of the shoot - Oscar-winner Clooney and co will return but for a long time in the Krampnitz barracks.

In the coming days it is first returned to Berlin, where is rotated among others in the Supreme Administrative Court. Other stations are the ruins of the old chemical plant Rüdersdorf (Märkisch Oderland), Goslar, and Saxony-Anhalt, where in May to be rotated in the Halberstadt cathedral.

Rush for casting in January

For the shooting of the new film by George Clooney in the run lots of extras were sought. Especially for the military scenes in "The Monuments Men," which are shot in Berlin and in the resin, up to 8,000 extras were searched.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 11 Apr 2013, 07:25

Google translation of link:

Filming in Krampnitz

Wehrmacht barracks is the backdrop for the World War II film "Monuments Men," starring George Clooney

Because That's the way ...

Abandoned Barracks

Potsdam - Whether from the old cavalry barracks in a prosperous suburb of Potsdam Krampnitz will decide soon to the city council. But one thing is already clear: Before World War II is still. George Clooney and his crew now besiege the decaying military wasteland. By late June, they have rented on the closed to the public area in order to turn parts of the movie "The Monuments Men". Ministry of Finance of the guest from Hollywood got the key from now.

After VTR information interested director Clooney and his team especially for the landscape in the West Hall of the area. Here once horses were housed, later tanks and other vehicles. Gas stations, laundry facilities, garages and other commercial buildings are spread out over the 40-acre site. Slowly, nature has reclaimed the Barracks, Trees put out between concrete slabs, fox and rabbit are supposed to say in the shadow of the crumbling buildings, "Good night."

Warlike scenes know the animal inhabitants of the land already. More than ten years in the ruins of the battle of Stalingrad was reproduced - for the drama "Enemy at the Gates", which is about the duel between two snipers.

A film crew even asked to be allowed to blow up a leftover from the Soviet era tower blocks. But they had not reckoned with the German Regulation guardians: the competent environmental authority, called for boneless concrete block observe first two breeding seasons, to ensure that no protected birds lodged therein. The panel stopped.

In "Monuments Men" is about a special unit of the Allies in World War II who tried to rediscover the hidden by the Nazis looted art. Clooney, who lives for the duration of filming in an apartment house in central Berlin, has already shot for the project on the grounds of the Babelsberg film studios, also in Goslar.

In Krampnitz should also Bill Murray ("Lost in Translation") stand for Clooney on camera. Cate Blanchett ("The Aviator") and Matt Damon ("The Bourne Identity") that are also to be seen in "Monuments Men" will not go to VTR information in the north of Potsdam. nf / ms
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 11 Apr 2013, 08:51

Sorry I couldn't do the image

CLOONEY DREHT KRIEGSSZENEN IN POTSDAMER KASERNE
Wednesday 10, April 2013, 14:39

Potsdam (dpa / bb) - Action in the barracks Krampnitz in Potsdam: George Clooney (51) and his crew on Wednesday War scenes for the movie "The Monuments Men" shot in the dilapidated military wasteland. Studio Babelsberg - co-producer of the strip - uses the abandoned facility in the north of the city on a regular basis as a foreign setting. "The conditions are there for filmmaking very beneficial," said studio spokesman Eike Wolf. On the approximately 40 hectare site was for "Enemy at the Gates" and "Inglourious Basterds" shot.

Potsdam (dpa/bb) - Action in der Kaserne Krampnitz in Potsdam: George Clooney (51) und seine Crew haben am Mittwoch Kriegsszenen für den Film «The Monuments Men» in der verfallenen Militärbrache gedreht. Studio Babelsberg - Co-Produzent des Streifens - nutzt die verlassene Anlage im Norden der Stadt regelmäßig als Außenkulisse. «Die Bedingungen dort sind zum Filmemachen sehr vorteilhaft», sagte Studiosprecher Eike Wolf. Auf dem rund 40 Hektar großen Areal wurde bereits für «Enemy at the Gates» und «Inglourious Basterds» gedreht.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 11 Apr 2013, 20:01

Interesting article courtesy of Frenchiesfans

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 11 Apr 2013, 21:29

amazing words
thanks ! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 12 Apr 2013, 16:32

Taking a break this weekend for sunnier climes..............?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 12 Apr 2013, 17:15

we all hope so!! sunny
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 15 Apr 2013, 13:48

Google translation below:

U.S. actor George Clooney is in the weeks turn in Bad Grund. Hollywood in the resin? The villagers are very excited. A site visit, including evidence.

The good news: He was there. And there's evidence.

The clouds are stuck between the mountains in the Harz Mountains. It is gray and cold and cramped in the spruce forests. But again and again flashed again now by the spring sun.

Bad reason lies on the western edge of the Harz Mountains, halfway between Braunschweig and Göttingen. From the station to the town center runs the 5.4 kilometers. Bad Grund is an ancient mountain city, where ore was mined. When the mines were exhausted and slow the degradation no longer worth it discovered the countryside, forests and tourism as a livelihood.

But at some point even this source dried up, and back was a ghost town with a mining museum, a clock museum and North Germany's largest limestone cave. The glamor is in Bad Grund.

Hundreds apply as extras for Clooney film

Babelsberg Crush at the casting for Clooney film

Prominent visitors

George Clooney fed without special requests
For lunch, you go here to the inn "Altes Backhaus" where solid Harzer cuisine is on the menu and also Toast Hawaii. Behind the counter (Rustic oak) for 20 years, Ulrich lens. The man with thinning gray hair is the owner of the inn.

George Clooney was one of them?

"Lens, like the pea," he says, become proficient with journalists. For it has become common knowledge that he has seen something that is newsworthy: "Four cars were the, raised dark disks, Berlin Features The are the street I saw that just as I stood at the window..."

Ulrich lens has suspected that something big happened in Bad Grund. That's why he immediately jumped into the car and followed the four cars. "They went to the old shaft in the Wiemannsbucht. There were a lot of people that have looked at everything very closely," he observed. And George Clooney was there too?

Now says Ulrich lens and shows with a triumphant gesture on the wall above the corner seat. For there hangs the evidence. A photo. The picture shows Ulrich Anja Linses Known as she stands next to George Clooney and excitedly puts her hand on her heart. George Clooney was there.

Of "the old bakery" from the main road leads further up the hill through the village at the end of the Wiemannsbucht lies. Here is the old mine where the filming will take place on parts of his new feature film, "The Monuments Men". About 2000 extras from the resin have been determined.

Room for speculation

The film tells the true story of the 350 men and women from 13 countries who are trying behind the line of the Allies at the end of World War II, bringing treasures to safety before the Nazis could destroy them. Quite possible that the movie a couple of paintings in the old mines of Bad Grund be hidden.

Exactly when that will be, that no one here knows for sure. From the official side is heard to nothing, classification level: high. Hollywood is here to work undisturbed. So there is plenty of room for speculation.

At the village road to the well is the Red House by Klaus Kreykenbohm. Klaus Kreykenbohm is born in his house, nearly a century ago. Kreykenbohm he says proudly, that is wild cherry tree. He has worked in the mines and thereby amassed a huge collection of minerals. Which you can also look at a kind of small museum he has created. Today, he stands on his porch and looks in the drizzle.

Whether he has seen George Clooney? "No, who's that? Oh this man from America, talk about all the time?" With Hollywood, you have to come not Kreykenbohm. "I've seen much bigger stars. The Sheeba! Jaa, who has danced here. Above the hotel, in the ballroom!"

Sheeba was big in the seventies as a pop singer, and from this time also Aparthotel "Eichelberg". The eight-storey monstrosity towers over the city and is a stylish relic of architectural eyesores of the seventies. Today the hotel operation is set and divided the house into condominiums. Which are now rented from private to vacationers, and for George Clooney was here identified had a vacancy.

The reception area is designed with brown carpet. On a table in front of the couch is a Easter bouquet. The room feels a bit like a ghost train adapted to the seasons. At the windows are probably the ugliest garden gnomes in the world: small toadstools clay with faces. From the reception area, the restaurant is actually a ballroom from, in which Klaus Kreykenbohm heard singing Sheeba years ago: "A beautiful day was brought to us, / as there are not many, filled / of pure unadulterated joy and sorrow."

Where Clooney drink coffee?

The good old days are gone in the apartment hotel, the restaurant is closed today. "But are apartments for rent here still," says Uwe caretaker Biewald. "If we would of course do immediately." Accommodation would be provided also. But where George Clooney can I even drink a cup of coffee in peace?

The first house on the square is Café "Antique" in the market 12, open daily from 12 bis 18 clock clock, is closed on Mondays. There are coffee pot and homemade cakes, especially good is the gooseberry pie. "If you like it because gooseberries," says owner Stefanie Berger, "which many find too sour."

Stefanie Berger is a pragmatic woman who collects coffee pots and issues in their café. So it will not drip from the cans, under each nozzle depends a sponge, which is fastened with an elastic band on the cover. So there are no stains on the table.

Has she heard that Clooney is? "Heard? Because yes all talk about it." Has she seen him since? "No." Now she smiles broadly: "I have nevertheless given an interview to a TV crew asked if I could not do so, as if he were here.".

What she then did like the post then ran in the early evening. In the film, she acts as if she would George Clooney do an espresso and serve it with a flourish. Her appearance Stefanie Berger has put in place to lower fame: In the lobby of the spa center hangs a flat screen, on which the film is now running in an endless loop.
George Clooney alarm on the slopes of resin
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 17 Apr 2013, 01:33

Google translation below:

George Clooney begins filming in late April Goslar

Long been whispered, now it's official: Hollywood comes to resin - or rather movie star George Clooney. He turns 29 April Goslar part of his film "The Monuments Men".

It's official: On 29 April George Clooney begins filming his movie "The Monuments Men" in Goslar.

Goslar. Hollywood in the Harz: Film star George Clooney turns 29 April Goslar. For the Clooney movie "The Monuments Men" the road width will completely blocked by next week on Monday, the city of Goslar said on Tuesday.

The film is the end of the Second World War. It's about art experts who try behind the Allied lines to ensure the Nazis looted art treasures and preserve from destruction. Hollywood star Clooney directs and plays the lead role.

Goslar road width is the movie in a small Belgian town. Is filmed the arrival of the Allies. The filming of "The Monuments Men" began in early March at Studio Babelsberg.

Except in Goslar is still turned to the details of Studio Babelsberg in other places in the resin. Exact dates and locations would not give spokesman on Tuesday. For the filming of the Harz agency had sought in 2000 extras. Casting for more than 4,000 prospective arrived.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 17 Apr 2013, 05:51

A bit more on this (thanks Henway)

George Clooney hires whole Harz hotel!

5 STARS FOR 4 WEEKS

In the country house "The Rothen trout" the Hollywood stars will relax after the shooting dates. U.S. actor and director George Cloony films the story of the "Monuments Men 'in the Harz

Wernigerode - The country house "The Rothen trout" in Wernigerode was always attracted to the celebrities. In the 18th Century Friedrich Schiller lived here, and later Heinrich Heine. Now it attracts Hollywood!

As BILD has learned megastar George Clooney (51), has completely booked the 5-star hotel in Harz: all 76 rooms and suites (up to 350 Euro / night) for more than four weeks!

Because the U.S. actor and director is film with around 300 people - the whole crew for his film "The Monuments Men". Even the main character pull a with: the Hollywood star Cate Blanchett (43), Matt Damon (42) and Bill Murray (62).

The management agreed to confidentiality in accordance with the contract. But a source told Bild: "The house is booked on 24 April to 29 May. Mr. Clooney will arrive a few days later. "Room requests for this period will receive a friendly 'we are fully booked' rejection".

George Clooney mietet komplettes Harz-Hotel!
Vergrößern
5 STERNE FÜR 4 WOCHEN
George Clooney mietet komplettes Harz-Hotel!
Im Landhaus „Zu den Rothen Forellen“ werden sich die Hollywood-Stars nach den Drehterminen entspannen. US-Schauspieler und Regisseur George Cloony verfilmt die Geschichte der „Monuments Men“ teilweise im Harz

17.04.2013 - 00:09 Uhr
Wernigerode – Das Landhaus „Zu den Rothen Forellen“ in Ilsenburg zog schon immer die Prominenz an. Im 18. Jahrhundert wohnte hier Friedrich Schiller, später Heinrich Heine. Nun zieht Hollywood ein!
Wie BILD erfuhr, hat Mega-Star George Clooney (51) das 5-Sterne-Hotel im Harz gebucht – und zwar komplett: alle 76 Zimmer und Suiten (bis 350 Euro/Nacht) für mehr als vier Wochen!
Denn der US-Schauspieler und Regisseur bringt rund 300 Leute mit – die komplette Crew für seinen Film „The Monuments Men“. Sogar die Hauptdarsteller ziehen mit ein: die Hollywood-Stars Cate Blanchett (43), Matt Damon (42) und Bill Murray (62).
Die Hotelleitung hüllt sich dazu vertragsgemäß in Schweigen. Doch ein Insider verriet BILD: „Das Haus ist vom 24. April bis 29. Mai reserviert. Herr Clooney wird ein paar Tage später anreisen.“ Zimmeranfragen für diesen Zeitraum werden mit einem freundlichen „Da sind wir leider ausgebucht“ abgewiesen.

Good. So now the stalkers know exactly where and when to find him. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 05:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 17 Apr 2013, 05:52

hu!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:36

I thought that while reading....
I can just the see the paps and crazy women popping up from the lake in wetsuits and snorkels !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:42

Beautiful beautiful place - wonder if exteriors and surrounding area are going to be used for film sets. Security will MASSIVE...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:53

Once I find my scuba gear I'll let you know how close I can get (dreaming I am)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 17 Apr 2013, 14:02

The Hotel looks great just hope they don't have mega rain otherwise the paps could float upto the windows no probs!!!! Likewise, hope Georgie is on the top floor!!! Mopping up the mess
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 17 Apr 2013, 14:44

It looks exactly like to the sort of place His Nibs would choose - surrounded by trees and water nearby......wonder who did the recce........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 17 Apr 2013, 15:42

G himself!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Garabedian Thu 18 Apr 2013, 06:01

I would love to work on this film with george, It sounds so exciting and interesting. I feel this will be a big hit for him and maybe up for oscars next year. It looks like a movie with some beautiful art work and some great history behind it. Love you george, bg

Barbara Garabedian
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 18 Apr 2013, 09:44

CinemaCon: Sony Shows First Footage of 'Monuments Men,' 'American Hustle'

George Clooney and David O. Russell's upcoming projects were both featured in the 45-minute video presented in Las Vegas.

LAS VEGAS --The Sony Pictures presentation at CinemaCon on Wednesday was the most laughter-filled so far, opening with a visit from an F-bomb dropping actor and wrapping up with extended footage of end-of-the-world comedy This is the End.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

'After Earth' Trailer: Will and Jaden Smith Go on the Ultimate Father-Son Bonding Trip (Video)

CinemaCon: Johnny Depp Shares Disney's Exclusive 'Lone Ranger' Footage (Video)

CinemaCon: Warner Bros. Debuts 'Man of Steel' Trailer, New 'Great Gatsby' Footage
In between all the comedy the audience got first looks at plenty of films from Sony’s upcoming slate, including David O. Russell's Abscam sting operation film American Hustle and George Clooney's The Monuments Men.
The presentation started with an interruption by a caravan of chariots and trumpets that brought Adam Sandler and Salma Hayek onto the stage. Along with them were David Spade and Kevin James.

The group of stars plugged Grown Ups 2, which hits theaters on July 12.
“If you can get Grown Ups 2 as big as [the previous film], Ferrari for this one,” Sandler said, pointing at Hayek.
“I don’t know how to drive stick shift,” she told the crowd, getting plenty of laughs.
Sandler threw out a few jokes about Sony’s upcoming slate, dropping an F-bomb about the family-friendly sequel Smurfs 2.
“You overseas people are f—king excited about Smurfs 2!” Sandler told the crowd of theater owners.
After the four actors left the stage, a long collection of preview footage was shown.
Trailers for Grown Ups 2, Smurfs 2 and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 were shown in the early part of the presentation.
The highlights of the presentation included extended footage of sci-fi pic Elysium, starring Matt Damon as a man who gets technology added to his body to fight against the upper class that has formed on a space station above Earth, and a longer look at Channing Tatum-starrer White House Down. Trailers for After Earth, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and the One Direction concert film were also shown during the 45-minute video.
The first footage of American Hustle, Russell’s previously untitled film starring Bradley Cooper, Christian Bale, Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner was shown, featuring a blonde Lawrence looking stunning in a white dress.

Some footage for The Monuments Men, George Clooney’s directorial project, was also shown.
Before the clips from The Monuments Men, a video greeting from Clooney and producer Grant Heslov played. In it, they pretended that they were making a video about their Oscar-winning film Argo, even showing off their Oscars to the crowd.
Once they realized it was about their upcoming film, Clooney and Heslov said they were currently shooting in Europe, which was why they couldn't attend the presentation in person.
“Don’t drink too much today because I know how you guys do,” Clooney joked to the Las Vegas audience.

But the biggest laughs came from the extended look at This Is the End, the apocalypse comedy directed by Seth Rogen. Footage included a long scene between James Franco and Danny McBride arguing over a dirty magazine, and Emma Watson making a group of male comedians fear her wrath. The comedy hits theaters June 12.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:36

Ohh, I hope that video makes it to Youtube one day soon!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 18 Apr 2013, 12:14

yessssss !! who can find it!?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:43

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 22 Apr 2013, 15:14

Love those smiles . They must be laughing about something .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:07

AAARRGGHHHH! Please, whenever you have new sightings can you start a new thread for it?

Use this thread ONLY for general information about the film.

Thanks.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 27 Apr 2013, 08:00

Pictures of Goslar (standing in for a Belgian town) being prepped for George's arrival this weekend. Thanks Henway for the find:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 27 Apr 2013, 11:43

Katiedot wrote:AAARRGGHHHH! Please, whenever you have new sightings can you start a new thread for it?

Thanks.

Are you talking to me ?

That photo isn't a new sighting but one I've edited, to make it clearer for everyone to see, from an older set previously posted here.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 27 Apr 2013, 12:34

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:42

Joanna wrote:
Katiedot wrote:AAARRGGHHHH! Please, whenever you have new sightings can you start a new thread for it?

Thanks.

Are you talking to me ?
Nope, I was talking to the posters who kept putting new sightings of George on this thread which I then had to move.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 28 Apr 2013, 15:57

Thanks for clarifying that Katie.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 28 Apr 2013, 23:21

So he's not coming to Belgium !!! DAMNED !!! Beaten

And they'll be doing a livestream tomorrow all day ! LINK So who's going to be glued to this screen tomorrow ? Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 01 May 2013, 16:26

Looks like German unions' Labour Day is today, so maybe not too much work on the MM set today?

(according to @BobBalaban who has hotel pix and comment)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 15 May 2013, 07:25

If this is not right place please move it for me.

Guardian of Halberstadt Cathedral
"George Clooney is to wrap up warm"
15.05.2013 07:34 clock | Updated 15/05/2013 07:38 clock

Renate Michaluki-Rilke, tour guide in the Cathedral "Saint Stephen and Saint Sixtus" in Halberstadt. (IMAGE: AP)
BY DORTHE HEIN
Renate Irene Michaluki-Rilke (59) leads the Domaufsicht of Halberstadt Cathedral. George Clooney is there in these days his film "The Monuments Men turn ". The 59-year-old has a few tips for the star.

HALBERSTADT / DPA.
Halberstadt Cathedral is these days filming location for George Clooney's new movie "The Monuments Men". Renate Irene Michaluki-Rilke (59) leads the Domaufsicht, she closes the door every morning , and also has service when the Hollywood star turns in the church. She looks forward to the actor and also holds a hint on him.

Are you actually Clooney fan?
Michaluki-Rilke: "Yes of course, who is not a fan of him (laughs). I can not say in which films he has appeared now. I look at the movies when he is there. I think he is also as an interesting person. "

What are your responsibilities when Mr Clooney is in the Cathedral?
Michaluki-Rilke: "I have to instruct our Domaufsichten and make sure that any kind into works of art damaged. We must take it that no unauthorized persons are in the time there. In the time in which the Dome is still open to visitors for everything to run normally, but the film crew will also be able to work. "

The excitement is particularly great in Halberstadt already?
Michaluki-Rilke: "My personal excitement still has its limits, but the excitement in general: Yes, you will be much discussed."

Hope that you have a look at Mr. Clooney can catch?
Michaluki-Rilke: "Yes, of course!"

An autograph?
Michaluki-Rilke: "Perhaps (laughs). But that is at the very back. For me it is working that day. That comes first. "

If the Cathedral especially prepared?
Michaluki-Rilke: "Well, not so prepared in the mind. The film crew will come and make their bodies. "

You have not even mopped?
Michaluki-Rilke: "We have already made two or three weeks ago. Since the cathedral was again sucked, so that everything is in perfect order. And we have all a bit of dust. "

What is the best thing for you Dom?
Michaluki-Rilke: "The nicest thing for me is the whole cathedral. For me, the best time when I come in the morning, open the dome. I went first so alone and can feel the whole atmosphere. It's the most wonderful time of the ten minutes that I alone am first in this beautiful cathedral. "

Do you have tips for George Clooney for the rotation in the cathedral?
Michaluki-Rilke: "Yes, dress warm. Warm socks, it is always very cold to the feet. In any case, a scarf ummachen. I do the same. What else he draws underneath, he must decide for himself (laughs). "

"George Clooney soll sich warm anziehen"
15.05.2013 07:34 Uhr | Aktualisiert 15.05.2013 07:38 Uhr

VON DÖRTHE HEIN
Renate Irene Michaluki-Rilke (59) leitet die Domaufsicht des Halberstädter Doms. Dort wird George Clooney in diesen Tagen seinen Film „The Monuments Men“ drehen. Die 59-Jährige hat ein paar Tipps für den Star.

HALBERSTADT/DPA.
Der Halberstädter Dom wird dieser Tage Drehort für George Clooneys neuen Film „The Monuments Men“. Renate Irene Michaluki-Rilke (59) leitet die Domaufsicht, sie schließt jeden Morgen die Tür auf und hat auch Dienst, wenn der Hollywood-Star in der Kirche dreht. Sie freut sich auf den Schauspieler und hält auch einen Tipp für ihn bereit.
Sind Sie eigentlich Clooney-Fan?
Michaluki-Rilke: „Ja natürlich, wer ist von ihm kein Fan (lacht). Ich kann jetzt nicht sagen, in welchen Filmen er mitgespielt hat. Ich schaue mir die Filme an, wenn er dabei ist. Ich finde, er ist auch so ein interessanter Mensch.“
Was sind Ihre Aufgaben, wenn Herr Clooney im Dom ist?
Michaluki-Rilke: „Ich muss unsere Domaufsichten anleiten und darauf achten, dass auf keinen Fall irgendwelche Kunstwerke beschädigt werden. Wir müssen drauf achten, dass keine unberechtigten Personen in der Zeit sich dort aufhalten. In der Zeit, in der der Dom noch geöffnet ist, soll für die Besucher alles normal laufen, die Filmcrew soll aber auch arbeiten können.“
Ist die Aufregung in Halberstadt schon besonders groß?
Michaluki-Rilke: „Meine persönliche Aufregung hält sich noch in Grenzen, aber die Aufregung allgemein: Ja, man wird viel angesprochen.“
Hoffen Sie, dass Sie einen Blick auf Herrn Clooney erhaschen können?
Michaluki-Rilke: „Ja, natürlich!“
Ein Autogramm?
Michaluki-Rilke: „Vielleicht (lacht). Aber das steht ganz hinten an. Für mich ist es Arbeit an dem Tag. Das steht an erster Stelle.“
Wird der Dom besonders vorbereitet?
Michaluki-Rilke: „Naja, nicht so vorbereitet in dem Sinn. Die Filmcrew wird kommen und ihre Aufbauten machen.“
Sie haben nicht noch einmal durchgewischt?
Michaluki-Rilke: „Das haben wir schon vor zwei, drei Wochen gemacht. Da ist der Dom nochmal gesaugt worden, damit alles schön in Ordnung ist. Und wir haben alles ein bisschen entstaubt.“
Was ist für Sie das Schönste am Dom?
Michaluki-Rilke: „Das Schönste ist für mich der ganze Dom. Für mich ist die schönste Zeit, wenn ich morgens komme, den Dom öffne. Ich bin dann ja erstmal allein und kann die ganze Atmosphäre spüren. Es ist die schönste Zeit, die zehn Minuten, die ich erstmal allein bin in diesem wunderschönen Dom.“
Haben Sie Tipps für George Clooney für den Dreh im Dom?
Michaluki-Rilke:

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 17 May 2013, 12:37

Another article about the "Monuments Men" production, maybe a different slant. It is new.

GEORGE CLOONEY DIRECTS AND STARS IN FILM ABOUT SAVING ITALIAN ART IN WORLD WAR II
Published on:
Thu, 2013-05-16

words by Carol King
George Clooney is filming ‘The Monuments Men’. Based on real life events, the movie tells the true story of a crew of art experts as they recovered works of Italian and European art stolen by the Nazis in World War II before Adolf Hitler destroyed them.

Hitler and Hermann Göring were interested in art and expanded their personal collections through looting and other illegal means. During World War II, Hitler’s armies pillaged Europe’s finest art, including works by Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Jan van Eyck and Johannes Vermeer.

The so-called “Monuments Men”, which the movie is based on, were a group of men and women from 13 nations, most of whom volunteered for service in the American government’s Monuments, Fine Arts and Archives unit. Many of them were museum directors, curators, artists, architects and archivists. Their job was to save as much of the culture of Europe as they could during combat. Behind enemy lines and often unarmed, they risked their lives scouring Europe to prevent the destruction of thousands of years of culture.

‘The Monuments Men’ is directed by Clooney, who also stars as George Stout, a lecturer on design and conservator at Harvard’s Fogg Art Museum turned American army lieutenant. Matt Damon plays American infantryman, and former curator and future director of New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art, James Rorimer. Cate Blanchett plays French art historian, French Resistance member and French military captain, Rose Valland. Other cast members include Bill Murray of ‘Ghostbusters’, John Goodman of TV’s ‘Roseanne’ and Hugh Bonneville of TV’s ‘Downton Abbey’.

Clooney co-wrote the ‘The Monuments Men’ screenplay with Grant Heslov. The movie focuses on the race against time by the experts to chase down the stolen art. It really was a race because Hitler had catalogued the art he planned to collect, as well as the so-called “degenerate” works, including pieces by Paul Klee and Marc Chagall, that he despised and intended to destroy. The film is based on American author Robert M. Edsel’s book ‘The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History’, which recounts the experts’ story between D-Day and VE Day,.

Principal photography on ‘The Monuments Men’ began in early March 2013 at the Babelsberg Studios in Potsdam, Germany and in the Berlin-Brandenburg region. Filming is scheduled to last until the end of June 2013 and it will wrap up in the UK. The film is scheduled for release on 18 December 2013 in the USA and 1 January 2014 in the UK.

Edsel is also the author of ‘Rescuing Da Vinci: Hitler and the Nazis Stole Europe's Great Art, America and Her Allies Recovered It’. His latest book, ‘Saving Italy: the Race to Rescue a Nation’s Treasures from the Nazis’ focuses on two Monuments Men as they struggled to protect and save iconic masterpieces, including Da Vinci’s ‘The Last Supper’ and Michelangelo’s ‘David’.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 17 May 2013, 14:03

WOW ! This story become more and more interesting..... cheers

Last edited by it's me on Fri 17 May 2013, 22:15; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 17 May 2013, 18:34

You can move Katie et al not sure where these were taken:

From Les Frenchies:

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 17 May 2013, 22:16

Thanks for those new pics
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next