George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young

3 posters

Go down

Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young Empty Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young

Post by Katiedot Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:33

Is this why Nick wasn't around to receive his own award?

From Craven Herald UK

Professor Nigel Young awarded Dayton International Literary Peace Prize

11:50am Sunday 1st January 2012 in News

An encyclopedia compiled and edited by a Hetton man has been awarded the prestigious Dayton International Literary Peace Prize.

Professor Nigel Young spent seven years putting together the Oxford International Encyclopedia of Peace, which is split into four volumes, with 450 contributors and 850 entries.

Professor Young travelled to Dayton, Ohio, to receive the award from Nick Clooney, father of Hollywood actor George Clooney, at a ceremony attended by more than 500 people.

Professor Robert Fogerty, a member of the Dayton Literary Peace Prize committee, said: “As private citizens working for peace, we are honoured to bestow this special award on a historic collaborative work of writing, editing and publishing.” He also emphasised that the award-winning encyclopedia was “a heroic and brilliant piece of collective scholarship”.

The prize was founded in 1996 to celebrate the Dayton Accords which ended the Yugoslav Bosnian War. Kati Marton, the widow of US Ambassador Richard Holbrooke who signed that Treaty, spoke at the ceremony and said the encyclopedia should be in all schools and churches worldwide.

A donated copy is already in Skipton Library and there are also copies at the University of Bradford Library.

Professor Young said: “The award reminds us that the Dayton Literary Peace Prize and the Oxford International Encyclopedia of Peace have much in common.

“They are both part of the long, often painstakingly slow process of global institution building for peace, ingredients in moving towards a worldwide culture of peace.

“Just like democracy, and human rights, peace has to be constructed, not only in minds and hearts but institutionally. Reliable works of reference are therefore as essential in the digital age as in the age of Johnson or Diderot.”

Dr Young and his family first came to the Dales in 1973, when he helped set up the University of Bradford’s Department of Peace Studies and for many years he directed a peace studies programme in New York

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young Empty Re: Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young

Post by it's me Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:40

it already was
yesterday

no?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young Empty Re: Nick Clooney presents Dayton International Literary Peace Prize to Prof NIgel Young

Post by it's me Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:43

Oxford International Encyclopedia of Peace

great idea!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:32

Nick's award isn't until Jan 21st, so I don't think this is the reason he won't be there.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 02 Jan 2012, 21:25

isn't his birthday near to that?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 02 Jan 2012, 21:56

Nick will be 78 on Jan 13th.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 01:01

WOW!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down