George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development

4 posters

Go down

Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development Empty Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development

Post by party animal - not! Mon 24 Apr 2023, 12:03

Am I right in thinking that this is a Mike Meldman development? 

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/2023-04-21/sharon-stone-joins-george-clooney-in-portugal-development/76886

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development Empty Re: Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development

Post by annemarie Tue 25 Apr 2023, 18:42

[size=33]Sharon Stone joins George Clooney in Portugal development[/size]
The 65-year-old actress has acquired land at the Costa Terra Golf & Ocean Club development in Melides in the Alentejo.
By TPN, in NewsPortugalProperty · 21 Apr 2023 · 4 Comments
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The information about the Hollywood star was revealed by commentator Rui Oliveira (the husband of Manuel Luís Goucha) and Maya on the CMTV program “Noite das Estrelas”.
“There is another actress who is going to move to Portugal”, revealed Rui. “This time it is Sharon Stone who is coming to Portugal, to be neighbours with Manuel Luís Goucha, Rui Oliveira and George Clooney. With the house being built in the Melides area”, said Maya.
According to Adriano Silva Martins and other commentators on the CMTV program, the property cost around ten million euros and the future home of the Hollywood star is already under construction at the Costa Terra Golf & Ocean Club estate.
That 200-hectare development is owned by the American company Discovery Land Company and the minimum price for a lot is currently 3.4 million euros. The project includes the construction of 292 homes and a golf course designed by Tom Fazio.

In addition to being neighbours with Portuguese personalities, Sharon Stone will live very close to George Clooney who has also bought land at the Costa Terra Golf & Ocean Club.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development Empty Re: Sharon Stone joins George in Portugese development

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Apr 2023, 13:30

PAN - I'm pretty sure you're right about this being Meldman's project. I don't think there was ever anything definite about George buying property there, though. If true, I think this makes home number seven - eight if he still has a place in Mexico! (LA, Kentucky, NYC, UK, Italy, France, Portugal) Did I miss any?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 26 Apr 2023, 13:59

Hi, Lizzy! How are you?!

No, I think that's right. He's definitely following his own investment beliefs - and to invest with Meldman who's already a co investor in both Casamigos and Mexico (I think) makes sense - tho I thought he'd sold Mexico - altho of course he cd be lending it to friends....

I wouldn't be surprised if they had another investment in NYC in brownstone territory - and .I've often wondered if he's invested in a flat at the top of The
Carlyle.

News here is that Jack Brooksbank the Brit who works for Casamigos is likely to be running the Portugal development........

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Apr 2023, 15:31

PAN -At this point I'm not sure what they own in NYC. As far as the Carlyle goes, it's possible, though at this point it really wouldn't make sense to keep it full time. They have their own place on 5th Ave. I thought they were using the brownstone while the 5th Ave. place was being built. As far as I know that place is completed and occupied, so I don't know why they'd need another place in the city.

Re: Mexico - I'm thinking he probably doesn't own property there any more, but I do vaguely remember a story about him and Rande building further up the coast after they sold Casamigos (the compound, not the tequila). There was something about them hiring a famous architect but then the story went away. Could be it never happened.

It doesn't surprise me that Brooksbank might be involved. Seems like George and "the boys" operate in a small circle of friends.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 26 Apr 2023, 18:50

I thought they were using the brownstone while the 5th Ave. place was being built                                                   

Built???????  And of course it's on 5th Avenue      

He's beginning to annoy me again

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 26 Apr 2023, 19:05

He prefers bricks and mortar and charities to stocks and shares tho. Any brownie points for that?

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Apr 2023, 22:52

PAN - I understand his preference for real estate & charitable works over stocks, and in general I approve. I just wish he wouldn't buy property in NYC unless he's going to actually live in it and not use it as a pied a terre.

It's galling to see properties sitting empty most of the time when people need housing.. It supports the luxury housing market and contributes to the housing shortage for the working people who make up most of the population of the city.

That said, it's his money and he can spend it any way he wants.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 27 Apr 2023, 11:28

As for the apartment on fifth , I don't think they as a family stay there it only has three bebrooms I believe not enough rooms for the kids and nanny's. The apartment was purchased before they had the twins The carlisle , the last time we saw Amal I think she was staying at a different hotel.I do think they lease the town house , it would make sense with the kids and staff.
As for Mexico we have seen the guys at a house there and rande and his family at a home there who owns them I have no idea.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 27 Apr 2023, 12:51

Annemarie - Why wouldn't a 3 bedroom apartment be big enough? One for them, one for the twins and one for the nanny. Any other staff doesn't have to live in. I grew up in a building of mostly one bedroom apartments that housed families with 2 or 3 kids and we managed just fine. If the place is too small for them why hold on to it? Sell it to someone who will actually live there.

(You know this is a pet peeve of mine. There's a housing shortage in NY and letting an apartment sit empty most of the time when someone could be living there full time is, IMHO, selfish.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down