George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney!

5 posters

Go down

Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! Empty Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney!

Post by Katiedot Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:19

Something about Rupert Murdoch tweeting about George just makes me laugh.

From Social barrel

Rupurt Murdoch Joins Twitter

January 2, 2012 by David John Walker

80 year old media tycoon Rupert Murdoch has finally joined Twitter, as of January 1, 2012, with these first few tweets on New Year’s day: “Have just read The Rational Optimist Great book,” then “Steve Jobs biog interesting but unfair. Family must hate”, then several tweets later, finishing out the day with praise for actor George Clooney: “Saw Fox film Descendants. Thank God, one to be proud of. Star Geo Clooney deserves Oscar, maybe film too.” Murdoch’s News Corporation purchased Twentieth Century Fox, one of the big six American movie studios, in 1985.

Some were surprised to see Murdoch hop onto the Twitter bandwagon because he has been the target of so many scathing and critical tweets in the past and there was a hacking campaign on Twitter to have his News of the World shut down. Murdoch’s interests are varied as demonstrated by the 17 tweets he has made, just two days into 2012, and he already boasts more than 42,000 followers.

The Octogenarian on this the second day of the new year told his followers of his admiration for Scotland’s first prime minister, Alex Salmon, and congratulated Mike Bloomberg for “getting some rewards for being New York’s best mayor in memory!”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! Empty Re: Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney!

Post by it's me Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:23

nice
but why did he say that?
which purpose?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney! Empty Re: Rupert Murdoch joins twitter and loves George Clooney!

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:23

Just don't see Rupert tweeting at all. Guess he hired someone to do it for him. Looks like George has a friend....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:25

or maybe was his punchy wife?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:25

Oh no, he'll give George the Kiss of Death now lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:09

I agree Joanna. A warm fuzzy from that man may not necessarily be a good thing.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 02 Jan 2012, 18:16

Totally agreed. Not someone George wants to be friends with but also not someone to have as an enemy, huh?

I think you're right Dex, this does read like someone else writing and not the man himself. I just can't see him writing in that way.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 02 Jan 2012, 19:02

What Murdoch's assistant wrote:

“Saw Fox film Descendants. Thank God, one to be proud of. Star Geo Clooney deserves Oscar, maybe film too.”

What Murdoch initially wrote before assistant re-wrote above:

"OMG! just saw Fox film Descendants. Totally awesome. My sexy BFF Georgie Boy deserves Oscar, maybe film too."
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 02 Jan 2012, 23:25

LOL Melbert I can just see Rupert writing that. Especially the OMG and totally awesome part. The man is over 80 I doubt he even knows how to turn on a computer he has staff for everything so some lucky person now has a new part of their job. And your right Katie it isn't good to have Rupert as an enemy......much safer if he likes you.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down