George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees

+4
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
PigPen
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees Empty George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees

Post by PigPen Thu 21 Jul 2022, 16:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=46]George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees[/size]

The 45th annual celebration of the performing arts will also salute Amy Grant and Tania León on Dec. 4 at the national arts center in Washington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By Peggy McGlone

July 21, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. EDT[size=16]The Irish rock group U2, actor-filmmaker George Clooney, singers Gladys Knight and Amy Grant, and composer-conductor Tania León will be saluted for their achievements in the arts at the 45th annual Kennedy Center Honors Dec. 4 at the national arts center.

The Sunday night performance is the centerpiece of a weekend that includes a private dinner when the distinctive rainbow medals are presented, and a fundraising gala for thousands following the Opera House show. The production — with its top-secret lineup of guests — will be broadcast later on CBS.
The 2022 honorees represent the best of the entertainment world, said Kennedy Center President Deborah Rutter, but they have also used their talents to inspire change.
“In each case, these are artists who are doing more than being performers. They are artists as citizens who are giving back and making the world a better place through art,” Rutter said, citing the philanthropic, humanitarian and educational contributions made by each. “It’s about art for life’s sake. These artists are a mirror to who we are.”

[/size]
Singer Gladys Knight. (Derek Blanks)
[size]
Knight’s selection wins this year’s “What took you so long?” category, a perennial question for the selection committee, Rutter said.

[/size]
ADVERTISING
[size]

“There are a lot of people on the ‘What took so long?’ list. That’s why this is so hard. There are so many deserving artists,” Rutter said.
Inside the making of the covid Kennedy Center Honors
Knight, 78, performed a knockout rendition of the Garth Brooks song, “We Shall Be Free” as part of last year’s Honors tribute to the country singer.
“I had loads of fun at that performance. I was so excited that they thought about making me a part of that,” Knight said by phone Wednesday. She expressed gratitude for being among the latest slate of honorees, especially one so rich in music.
“I like all kinds of music, to be honest. Country and gospel have always been the two that I go to,” said Knight, who headlined a 2002 benefit at the Kennedy Center for the American Diabetes Association, one of the charities she supports.

Born in Georgia, Knight started singing in her Baptist church’s youth choir when she was 4 years old. She was still a child when she won the grand prize on Ted Mack’s “Amateur Hour” show and 16 when she and her brother Bubba, sister Brenda and two cousins released their first record as the Pips. Two years later, the group became Gladys Knight and the Pips.

The Empress of Soul has released 38 records and won seven Grammy Awards over a career that is in its seventh decade. Among her best-known hits are “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” “If I Were Your Woman” and “Midnight Train to Georgia.” She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996.
The Honors caused her to remember her amazing journey in music and the contributions of her late mother, Knight said.

“She chose all or most of the music I was doing,” she said. “And my mom could sing, too. She would get right in there, as we rehearsed. She listened to every little thing.”
Watch highlights of the 43rd annual Kennedy Center Honors

[/size]
Rock band U2. (Olaf Heine)
[size]
U2 members Bono (Paul David Hewson), the Edge (David Howell Evans), Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. met as teenagers and have been performing together since 1976. Known worldwide for its popular stadium tours, the group has released 14 studio albums and won 22 Grammys. U2 was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2005. It has supported human rights efforts around the world and contributed to campaigns fighting AIDS, poverty and cancer.

The band first performed in the United States in 1980.
“We had big dreams then, fueled in part by the commonly held belief at home that America smiles on Ireland,” the band members said in a statement released by the arts center. “But even in the wilder thoughts, we never imagined that 40 years on, we would be invited back to receive one of the nation’s greatest honours … It has been a four-decade love affair with the country and its people, its artists, and culture. We consider America to be a home away from home and we are very grateful to the Kennedy Center Honors for welcoming us into this great clan of extraordinary artists.”

[/size]
Actor-filmmaker George Clooney. (Annette Nantell)
[size]
Clooney, 61, began his career in television, becoming a household name for his portrayal of heartthrob doctor Doug Ross on “ER.” He has won two Oscars, five Golden Globes and an Emmy as both a performer and producer and is known worldwide for his work on films such as the Ocean’s film series, “Out of Sight,” “O Brother, Where Art Thou” and “Good Night, and Good Luck.” In 2016, Clooney and his wife, Amal, created the Clooney Foundation for Justice to fight for human rights around the world.
“Growing up in a small town in Kentucky I could never have imagined that someday I’d be the one sitting in the balcony at the Kennedy Center Honors. To be mentioned in the same breath with the rest of these incredible artists is an honor. This is a genuinely exciting surprise for the whole Clooney family,” Clooney said in a statement.

[/size]
Singer Amy Grant. (Cameron Powell)
[size]
The musical career of six-time Grammy winner Grant, 61, spans more than 40 years and includes singles that topped the pop, adult contemporary and contemporary Christian charts. Among her best-known hits are “Baby Baby” and “The Next Time I Fall,” a duet with Peter Cetera, and a series of popular Christmas albums. She is the first musician from the contemporary Christian genre to be honored by the Kennedy Center.

[/size]

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees Empty Re: George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Jul 2022, 18:36

Thanks for posting, PP. Just saw this myself and was thinking they made some great choices this time. - especially George! Nick must be over the moon for him. I'm glad CBS will be airing it. I just wish it was sooner.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees Empty Re: George Clooney, U2, Gladys Knight among next Kennedy Center honorees

Post by PigPen Thu 21 Jul 2022, 19:07

If he turns this honor into a commercial for Amal ( she has so much love to give, she's the smartest person of any room she walks in) instead of focusing on the honor it self, I swear i'm throwing a shoe at th tv set, and sticking my George voodoo doll full of pins.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Jul 2022, 19:30

Without doubt, he's known Biden for a hell of a lot longer.

That's going to be a hell of a night - George AND Bono with U2 - and maybe the pips! 

(Can't help thinking that Bono was part of the fatal night at George's house)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 21 Jul 2022, 21:01

Saw this article in the Post this morning but didn’t get a chance to post it here.  Thanks PigPen!   Very excited for George.  This is a long time coming.  Been wondering for a few years now why he hasn’t been honored.  The article doesn’t do him justice by not mentioning the wide range of humanitarian efforts he has taken on.  But sure the long list of his many achievements will be covered at the event.  Yes, seems fitting that he and U2 would be honored in he same year.  I think The Kennedy Center Honors will be particularly 
special and meaningful for George.  Yay George!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 22 Jul 2022, 10:46

The only pip that is still living is Glady's brother Bubba.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 22 Jul 2022, 18:35

party animal - not! wrote:Without doubt, he's known Biden for a hell of a lot longer.

That's going to be a hell of a night - George AND Bono with U2 - and maybe the pips! 

(Can't help thinking that Bono was part of the fatal night at George's house)
what fatal night?????

PigPen

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 24 Jul 2022, 13:52

The night that George and Amal met. She was heading for Nice (and working for Kofi Annan at the time) and she  already knew one (if not two) of Bono's daughters and Sam Barry who was with the BBC, but is now editor of Glamour magazine. Bono has a place in Eze near Nice and of course motor cycled with George.....

The Irish connection?

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 02 Dec 2022, 18:18

This Sunday at the Kennedy Centre, girls and boys

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fri 02 Dec 2022, 21:56

I can't wait to see the photos. I just saw a pic of Amal on Instagram getting a new haircolor, (a softer brunette) and she looked stunning.

I just hope all the partygoers are still being careful. My husband and I got our Covid boosters a month or two ago but he still managed to drag Covid home this past weekend (our first time having it!) The first 3 days were rough.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 Dec 2022, 14:19

I barely recognized her! What's happened to her mouth!?

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Sat 03 Dec 2022, 21:10

I like her new look. I think we're just used to seeing her with the dark red lipstick but this is more natural.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 03 Dec 2022, 23:05

Looks like filler to me. At least in the upper lip. She looks good with lighter hair.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by moniquevander Sun 04 Dec 2022, 05:25

Photos on UPI

moniquevander
Clooney virgin

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 04 Dec 2022, 10:13

[size=42]Amal Clooney's latest hair transformation is the brunette inspiration we need[/size]
Brighter, fresher and perfect for winter
BY MEDINA AZALDIN
 29 NOV 2022

AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFINGETTY IMAGES
[url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.harpersbazaar.com%2Fuk%2Fbeauty%2Fhair%2Fa42096171%2Famal-clooney-hair-colour%2F&description=Amal Clooney%27s colour change is the hair inspiration we%27ve been looking for - harpersbazaaruk&media=https%3A%2F%2Fhips.hearstapps.com%2Fhmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fimages%2Flawyer-amal-clooney-arrives-at-the-premiere-of-universal-news-photo-1669735229.jpg%3Fresize%3D1600%3A%2A][/url]
While brunette hair often has the advantage of having naturally brilliant shine, it is more difficult to give dark hair a fresh update (unlike blondes, whose lack of pigment allows them to experiment with colourful tints). Which is why we're eternally grateful whenever fashion icons and celebrities serve us brunette hair inspiration for our next salon trip.

Most recently, barrister and human rights activist Amal Clooney debuted a much warmer shade than we're used to seeing. Her signature rich espresso hue appears brighter (think warm cocoa) in an Instagram post shared by hairstylist Dimitris Giannetos. It's a subtle tweak, but one that grants a glow-giving effect to the complexion and gives longer hair extra dimension without going down the classic balayage route.
This content is imported from Instagram. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Brunettes are having quite the moment this season. Famous blonde Sydney Sweeney returned to her original darker hue, while Margot Robbie went from golden honey to light brunette with buttery highlights. "After being ‘the blonde expert’ I find that people are steering away from the Californian, tousled, beachy hair," says A-list colourist Nicola Clarke.
RELATED STORY
[size]

Sydney Sweeney goes brunette for the winter

"The brunettes are going back to more of a real brunette – not solid, but the tones are much darker and closer to their natural colour as opposed to lightened," she explains. A subtle change, such as Amal's, is a great way to update your colour without requiring a lot of upkeep. All you need to do is keep the salon-shine going, something that's easier to do than ever thanks to the myriad of clear glosses available on the market.
If you've been considering a richer, deeper hue, let this be a sign to take the plunge...
[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 04 Dec 2022, 11:48

So here we are...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11499745/Amal-Clooney-looks-ravishing-red-Kennedy-Center-Honors-alongside-husband-George-Clooney.html

Very, very long article of everybody there...........

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Dec 2022, 01:48

The ceremony:

https://twitter.com/usgovt/status/1599522866936045570

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Dec 2022, 02:17

Julia Roberts, Matt Damon, Sacha Baron Cohen all guests of George

Love Julia's dress!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 05 Dec 2022, 11:16

[size=34]George Clooney looks handsome alongside his wife Amal who is ravishing in red off-the-shoulder gown as they attend the Kennedy Center Honors ceremony in Washington, D.C.[/size]

By TREVIN LUND FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 02:15 EST, 4 December 2022 | UPDATED: 21:46 EST, 4 December 2022

George Clooney and his wife, Amal, looked every inch the perfect couple as they arrived for the formal Artist's Dinner honoring the recipients of the 45th Annual Kennedy Center Honors at the Department of State in Washington, D.C. on Saturday.
Amal looked ravishing in a red dress that flattered her figure with a long cape that dragged behind her.
Meanwhile, George - who recently enjoyed a guys' weekend with Casamigos co-founder Rande Gerber - looked handsome as usual in a tuxedo as he posed lovingly beside his wife.
The Kennedy Center Honors are annual honors given to those in the performing arts for their lifetime of contributions to American culture.

+39
View gallery

Lovely couple: George Clooney and his wife, Amal, looked every inch the perfect couple as they arrived for the formal Artist's Dinner honoring the recipients of the 45th Annual Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C. on Saturday
The Kennedy Awards have been presented annually since 1978, culminating each December in a gala celebrating five honorees.
Clooney commented on the honor saying, 'Growing up in a small town in Kentucky I could never have imagined that someday I'd be the one sitting in the balcony at the Kennedy Center Honors. 
TRENDING

George Clooney and wife Amal attend the 45th Kennedy Center Honors
131.1k viewing now

Julia Roberts supports friend George Clooney at Kennedy Center Honors
53.7k viewing now

Gladys Knight, 78, ravishes in red gown at Kennedy Center Honors
3.1k viewing now

'To be mentioned in the same breath with the rest of these incredible artists is an honor. This is a genuinely exciting surprise for the whole Clooney family.'

+39
View gallery

Dressed to impress: Amal's red dress flattered her figure with a long cape that dragged behind her

+39
View gallery

Honoree: George looked handsome as usual in a tuxedo as the couple enjoyed their time together on the red carpet

+39
View gallery

Rare honor: The Kennedy Awards have been presented annually since 1978, with five honorees selected each year
Other 2022 Honorees include: contemporary Christian and pop singer-songwriter Amy Grant; legendary singer of soul, Gospel, R&B, and pop, Gladys Knight; Cuban-born American composer, conductor, and educator Tania León; and iconic Irish rock band U2, comprised of band members Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr.
George Clooney’s achievements as a performer and filmmaker have earned him two Academy Awards, five Golden Globes, including the Cecil B. DeMille Award, four SAG awards, a BAFTA award, two Critics’ Choice Awards, an Emmy, four National Board of Review Awards, and the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award.
The event will be televised Wednesday, December 28th on CBS. 
[size=18]The Kennedy Center announces honorees including George Clooney

[/size]

+39
View gallery

In great company: Other 2022 Honorees include: contemporary Christian singe Amy Grant; legendary soul and Gospel singer Gladys Knight; Cuban-born American composer Tania León; and iconic Irish rock band U2 (Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr.)

+39
View gallery

How should I fix it?: George playfully fixed Amal's dress as they prepared for the perfect shot

+39
View gallery

What a nice guy: Amal smiled as her husband fixed the long cape so it fell correctly behind her

Films from his production company with Grant Heslov, Smokehouse Pictures, include Warner Bros’ Academy Award®-winning drama Argo, Good Night, and Good Luck, The Midnight Sky, The Ides of March, Boys in the Boat, and Ticket to Paradise.
He has also starred in films such as Out of Sight, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Syriana, Michael Clayton, Up in the Air, The Descendants, Gravity, and the Oceans trilogy.
Before his film career, Clooney starred in several television series, becoming best known to TV audiences for his five years on the hit NBC drama ER. His portrayal of Dr. Douglas Ross earned him Golden Globe, SAG, People’s Choice, and Emmy Award nominations.
[size=18]George Clooney tells hilarious story about proposing to Amal

[/size]

+39
View gallery

He's a big deal: George Clooney’s achievements as a performer and filmmaker have earned him two Academy Awards, five Golden Globes, four SAG awards, a BAFTA award, two Critics’ Choice Awards, an Emmy, four National Board of Review Awards, and the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award

+39
View gallery

Some of his films: Movies from his production company include Warner Bros’ Academy Award-winning drama Argo, Good Night, and Good Luck, The Midnight Sky, The Ides of March, Boys in the Boat, and Ticket to Paradise

+39
View gallery

His parents came too: (L-R) Amal Clooney, George Clooney, Nick Clooney and Nina Clooney arrive for the formal Artist's Dinner honoring the recipients of the 45th Annual Kennedy Honors
Among the many honors received as a result of his humanitarian efforts was the 2007 Peace Summit Award, given at the eighth World Summit of Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, and the 2010 Robert F. Kennedy Ripple of Hope Award.
Clooney has produced three telethons: The Tribute to Heroes (post 9/11), Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope, and Hope for Haiti Now, the latter of which raised a record 66 million dollars from the public.
In August of 2016, George and his wife Amal launched the Clooney Foundation for Justice.
[size=18]George and Amal Clooney at the 'Ticket to Paradise' LA premiere

[/size]

+39
View gallery

His own charity: In August of 2016, George and his wife Amal launched the Clooney Foundation for Justice
Bono and his wife Ali Hewson posed on the red carpet as he was honored with his bandmates from the legendary group U2.
Bono cut a stylish figure in a sharp black suit with his hair slicked back and rose colored glasses.
Ali looked lovely in an elegant black dress with sheer lace sleeves and wore her sleek black hair straight and parted to the side. 
Commenting on his Honor Bono said, 'In December 1980, we made our first trip across the Atlantic to America. Our first show was at The Ritz in New York City, the second, The Bayou in D.C. We had big dreams then, fueled in part by the commonly held belief at home that America smiles on Ireland. 
'And it turned out to be true, yet again. But even in the wilder thoughts, we never imagined that 40 years on, we would be invited back to receive one of the nation's greatest honours…It has been a four-decade love affair with the country and its people, its artists, and culture. 

+39
View gallery

Bono and wife Ali Hewson pose on the red carpet

+39
View gallery

U2 band members Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr., The Edge, and Bono pose for a group photo during the reception for Kennedy Center honorees ahead of the official gala at the State Department in Washington, D.C.

+39
View gallery

Guitar player, The Edge and his wife Morleigh Steinberg. David Howell Evans, better known as the Edge or simply Edge, is an English-born Irish musician, singer, and songwriter best known as the lead guitarist, keyboardist, and backing vocalist for U2

+39
View gallery

Kennedy Center honoree U2 band member The Edge and wife Morleigh Steinberg posd with their children on the red carpet
'We consider America to be a home away from home and we are very grateful to the Kennedy Center Honors for welcoming us into this great clan of extraordinary artists.'
Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr. met as teenagers at Dublin's Mount Temple School, and in 1978, U2 was formed. From the beginning, U2 were marked out by their drive and ambition, forming as a band—as they've said—'before they could play.'
Forty years later, U2 is acknowledged as one of the best live acts in the world. The band has toured the globe countless times, released 14 studio albums, sold 170 million albums, and won numerous awards, including 22 Grammys and Amnesty International's Ambassador of Conscience award. 

+39
View gallery

Honoree U2 band member Adam Clayton looked handsome in a black suit

+39
View gallery

Adam Charles Clayton (born 13 March 1960) is an English-born Irish musician who plays bass guitar for U2. He has resided in County Dublin, Ireland since his family moved to Malahide in 1965, when he was five years old
U2 were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2005 and have twice been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song: in 2003 for 'The Hands That Built America' for Gangs of New York, and in 2014 for 'Ordinary Love' for Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
November 2021 marked the 30th anniversary of U2's groundbreaking album Achtung Baby. 
Honoree Amy Grant looked beautiful in a sleeveless black dress as she posed with her husband, Vince Gill who wore a black suit and tie.
Commenting on her award, Amy said, 'Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine ever receiving this prestigious Kennedy Center Honors. 
'Through the years, I've watched so many of my heroes serenaded by colleagues and fellow artists, always moved by the ability of music and film to bring us together and to see the best in each other. I cannot wait to celebrate with my fellow honorees, friends, and family. Thank you for widening the circle to include all of us.'

+39
View gallery

honoree Amy Grant, and her husband, Vince Gill, arrives for the formal Artist's Dinner
Amy Grant's career spans more than 40 years and stretches from her roots in gospel into becoming an iconic pop star, songwriter, television personality, and philanthropist. 
With three multi-platinum albums, six platinum albums and four gold albums, her total career album sales have exceeded 30 million and over 1 billion global streams. Grant's chart success has been consistent throughout her career with six No. 1 hits, 10 Top 40 pop singles, 17 Top 40 Adult Contemporary tracks, and multiple Contemporary Christian chart-toppers.
In addition to her six Grammy Awards, Grant has been awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame as well as the Music City Walk of Fame and the Nashville Songwriter's Hall of Fame. 

+39
View gallery

Singer Sheryl Crow poses on the red carpet at the reception for Kennedy Center honorees

+39
View gallery

Sheryl Crow arrives for the formal Artist's Dinner honoring the recipients
Conventional wisdom has it that Grant put Contemporary Christian Music on the map, becoming the first Contemporary Christian artist to have a platinum record, the first to hit No. 1 on the Pop charts and the first to perform at the Grammy Awards. 
Grant lives in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband Vince Gill and their large extended family.
Sheryl Crow arrives for the formal Artist's Dinner honoring the recipients.
Honoree Gladys Knight and her husband, Michael McDowell arrive for the formal Artist's Dinner.
Commenting on her award Gladys said, 'I'm humbled beyond words to be included amongst this prestigious group of individuals, both past and present. You could never have told me as a young girl starting my career that I would be honored on a stage such as this, with artists and humanitarians such as these—it just wouldn't have seemed possible. 

+39
View gallery

Honoree Gladys Knight and her husband, Michael McDowell arrive for the formal Artist's Dinner
'It would have been the dream of all dreams. I have been blessed with so much in my life and this certainly stands with those achievements at the top of that list. To be honored as a Kennedy Center Honoree is among the highlights of my career.'
Knight has long been one of a very few at her vocal level—truly an icon in the music industry. Unmatched in her artistry, she is a seven-time Grammy Award-winner with No. 1 hits in Pop, R&B, and Adult Contemporary, and she has also triumphed in film and television.
Georgia-born, Knight began performing gospel music at age four and sang along with her brother Bubba, sister Brenda, and two cousins who all formed The Pips. In 1962, the classic group was renamed Gladys Knight & The Pips.

+39
View gallery

Gladys Knight poses on the red carpet at the reception for Kennedy Center honorees ahead of the official gala
The group's first album debuted in 1960 with Knight, at just 16, singing lead. With the Pips singing lush harmonies and providing graceful choreography, the group went on to achieve musical icon status. 
Hits like 'I Heard It Through the Grapevine' and 'If I Were Your Woman' along with Top 10 singles like 'Neither One of Us (Wants to be the First to Say Goodbye),' 'Best Thing to Ever Happen to Me,' and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] smash hit 'Midnight Train to Georgia' established the group as the premiere pop/R&B vocal ensemble in the world. 
Knight enjoyed another [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hit in 1985 teaming with Stevie Wonder, Elton John, and Dionne Warwick on 'That's What Friends are For.'
Gladys has recorded more than 38 albums and has earned a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and received Lifetime Achievement Awards from the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame and the BET Awards along with a Legend Award from the Soul Train Awards.
Honoree and jazz pianist Herbie Hancock

+39
View gallery

honoree and jazz pianist Herbie Hancock poses on the red carpet at the reception for Kennedy Center honorees ahead of the official gala 
Pearl Jam lead singer, Eddie Vedder looked sharp in a all-black suit and tie alongside his wife Jill McCormick who matched in a lovely black dress.
Singer Brandi Carlile and her wife Catherine Shepherd posed together in black and white suits.
Previous Kennedy Center honoree Garth Brooks and his wife, Tricia Yearwood also attended the event to honor the new recipients.

+39
View gallery

Better man: Eddie Vedder and wife Jill McCormick posed on the red carpet

+39
View gallery

Singer Brandi Carlile and her wife Catherine Shepherd looked as in love as ever in matching black and white ensembles

+39
View gallery

Previous Kennedy Center honoree Garth Brooks and his wife, Tricia Yearwood, arrive for the formal Artist's Dinner honoring the recipients of the 45th Annual Kennedy

+39
View gallery

Richard Kind and Diane Dewhirst arrive for the formal Artist's Dinner

+39
View gallery

Actor Don Cheadle and his wife, Bridgid Coulter posed for a snap on the red carpet
Honoree Cuban-born composer, conductor and educator Tania Leon, center left, posed with her entourage.
Commenting on her award, Leon said, 'Little did I imagine when studying in La Habana that life was going to grace me with such a distinction! My first thoughts went to my ancestors: they believed in my dreams, and what we lacked in material wealth, they made up for in spirit, encouragement, and support. 
'My heartfelt thanks go to the many people who have blessed my path by helping my talent to blossom and by giving me the chance to be heard. I am incredibly humbled to join such a prestigious family of artists, and deeply grateful to the Kennedy Center for bestowing me with this incredible honor.'
Born in Havana, Cuba, Tania León's orchestral work Stride, commissioned by the New York Philharmonic, was awarded the 2021 Pulitzer Prize in Music.

+39
View gallery

Honoree Cuban-born composer, conductor and educator Tania Leon, center left, poses with her entourage
Recent premieres include works for Los Angeles Philharmonic, Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, NDR Symphony Orchestra, Grossman Ensemble, International Contemporary Ensemble, and Jennifer Koh's project, Alone Together. 
León has received Honorary Doctorate Degrees from Colgate University, Oberlin, SUNY Purchase College, and The Curtis Institute of Music, and served as U.S. Artistic Ambassador of American Culture in Madrid, Spain. 
A CUNY Professor Emerita, she was awarded a 2018 United States Artists Fellowship, and Chamber Music America's 2022 National Service Award.

+39
View gallery

Kennedy Center honorees actor and filmmaker George Clooney and U2 band members The Edge and Larry Mullen Jr., gather before a group photo during the reception for Kennedy Center honorees ahead of the official gala

+39
View gallery

honorees actor and filmmaker George Clooney, contemporary Christian and pop singer-songwriter Amy Grant and U2 band members The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr., and Adam Clayton gather before a group photo during the reception for Kennedy Center honorees ahead of the official gala

+39
View gallery

The recipients of the 45th Annual Kennedy Center Honors pose for a group photo following the Artists Dinner at the Department of State in Washington, DC, USA, 03 December 2022

+39
View gallery

The 2022 Honorees: (Back Row L-R) Members of the Irish rock band U2, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr., The Edge, and Bono. (Front Row L-R) US singer-songwriter Amy Grant, legendary US singer of soul, Gospel, R&B, and pop Gladys Knight, US actor George Clooney and Cuban-born American composer, conductor, and educator Tania Leon
The recipients of the 45th Annual Kennedy Center Honors posed for a group photo following the Artists Dinner.
The 2022 Honorees are (Back Row L-R) Members of the Irish rock band U2, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr., The Edge, and Bono, (Front Row L-R) US singer-songwriter Amy Grant, legendary US singer of soul, Gospel, R&B, and pop Gladys Knight, US actor George Clooney and Cuban-born American composer, conductor, and educator Tania Leon.

+39
View gallery

U2's Bono and actor George Clooney laugh during a group photo

+39
View gallery

from left, Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr., Amy Grant and George Clooney chat after the ceremony

+39
View gallery

2022 Kennedy Center Honorees, from left, Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr., and Amy Grant talk with George Clooney following the State Department for the Kennedy Center Honors

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 05 Dec 2022, 11:29

[size=34]George Clooney's wife Amal dazzles in sparkling silver gown as the power couple lead the A-list stars at the 45th Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C.[/size]

• George, 61, and Amal, 44, were among stars at the annual Kennedy Center Honors, held at the White House

• Clooney is one of five honorees at the annual event, which celebrates those in the performing arts 

• Supporting him at the event was his longtime co-star Julia Roberts, 55, and her husband Daniel Moder, 53

• Others who will receive awards are Amy Grant, Gladys Knight, Tania León, and Irish rock band U2

By SONIA HORON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 19:40 EST, 4 December 2022 | UPDATED: 04:09 EST, 5 December 2022

George Clooney and his wife Amal brought plenty of glamour to the red carpet at the 45th Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C. on Sunday.
The Lebanese-British lawyer, 44, dazzled is sparkling form-fitting off-shoulder silver gown, while the Ocean's Eleven star, 61 - who is one of the night's honorees - looked handsome as ever in a black tuxedo.
The Kennedy Center Honors is an annual event celebrating those in the performing arts for their lifetime of contributions to American culture. 

+92
View gallery

+92
View gallery

Glamorous pair: George Clooney and his wife Amal brought plenty of glamour to the red carpet at the 45th Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C. on Sunday
[size=18]Music and screen legends arrive for Kennedy Center honors

L
[/size]
Amal coordinated her stylish outfit with a matching silver clutch and sparkling silver bracelet.
The statuesque beauty finalized the look with a pair of pointed-toe silver heels and dangling earrings.

+92
View gallery

Hand-in-hand: The loved-up couple held hands while posing for the shutterbugs  

+92
View gallery

Matching: Amal coordinated her stylish outfit with a matching silver clutch and sparkling silver bracelet

+92
View gallery

Curls! The glamorous human rights attorney wore her voluminous chocolate locks cascading down her shoulders and back
[size=18]George and Amal Clooney at the 'Ticket to Paradise' LA premiere

L
[/size]

The glamorous human rights attorney wore her voluminous chocolate locks cascading down her shoulders and back. 
As for glam, George's wife opted for a smokey eyeshadow and a red lipstick on her pout.
Aside from his wife, George also had another cheerleader on the red carpet: his co-star Julia Roberts, 55, who wore a Moschino gown with photos of Clooney printed on the fabric of her dress.

+92
View gallery

Honoring George: The Kennedy Center Honors is an annual event celebrating those in the performing arts for their lifetime of contributions to American culture

+92
View gallery

Special night: Aside from Clooney, others who will receive the Kennedy Center Honors in Recognition of Lifetime Artistic Achievement are Amy Grant, Gladys Knight, Tania León, and Irish rock band U2

+92
View gallery

Power couple: The Hollywood power couple happily posed for the shutterbugs

+92
View gallery

+92
View gallery

Moral support: Julia Roberts, 55, wore a Moschino gown with photos of Clooney printed on the fabric of her dress

+92
View gallery

Pretty Woman: Julia wore her light brunette tresses parted in the middle and cascading down in light waves

+92
View gallery

Unique: Julia flashed a bright smile while showing off her unique ensemble 

+92
View gallery

Dynamic pair: She was joined by her cinematographer husband Daniel Moder, 53, who looked dapper in a black suit

+92
View gallery

Sweet: The coupe were seen having a tender moment as they awaited President Joe Biden's arrival 

+92
View gallery

Ocean's Eleven co-star: Clooney also received the support of his Ocean's Eleven co-star Matt Damon, 52, and his wife Luciana Barroso, 46
The Pretty Woman star accessorized her outfit with a black blazer.
Julia wore her light brunette tresses parted in the middle and cascading down in light waves.
She was joined by her cinematographer husband Daniel Moder, 53, who looked dapper in a black suit. The couple were seen mingling with Dr. Anthony Fauci at the event. 
[size=18]The Kennedy Center announces honorees including George Clooney

[/size]

+92
View gallery

Chic pair: Another chic pair of the night proved to be musician Bono, 62 - whose band was one of the night's honorees - as well as his wife Ali Hewson, 61

+92
View gallery

+92
View gallery

Lady in red: Ali looked magnificent in a sophisticated bright red long-sleeve gown, while Bono sported a black suit which he paired with round pink-tinted sunglasses

+92
View gallery

U2: Bono's band member The Edge, 61 - born David Howell Evans - was cool as ever in a black suit and a beanie, while his wife Morleigh Steinberg, 57, stunned in a sparkling black and silver gown

+92
View gallery

All together: Honorees Adam Clayton, 62, Bono, The Edge and Larry Mullen Jr., 61, of U-2 were seen posing together 

+92
View gallery

Cool guys: Clayton rocked an iridescent blazer while Larry looked trendy in an all-black suit

+92
View gallery

Family affair: The Edge was seen posing with his wife and family 
Clooney also received the support of his Ocean's Eleven co-star Matt Damon, 52, and his wife Luciana Barroso, 46. 
Damon sported a classic black suit and tie, while his wife wore a high-neck black gown she she accessorized with silver earrings. 
Another chic pair of the night proved to be musician Bono, 62 - whose band was one of the night's honorees - as well as his wife Ali Hewson, 61. 

+92
View gallery

Lovely pair: Comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, 51, looked spiffy in a black suit and bowtie, while his wife Isla Fisher, 46, shined in an iridescent sequin gown

+92
View gallery

Strawberry: Isla wore her auburn tresses parted on the side and lightly curled

+92
View gallery

True beauty: She accessorized with large ruby red earrings and drew attention to her magnetic eyes with mascara and smokey eyeshadow
Ali looked magnificent in a sophisticated bright red long-sleeve gown. She wore her black tresses parted on the side and in a straight style.
Meanwhile Bono sported a black suit which he paired with round pink-tinted sunglasses.
Bono's band member The Edge, 61 - born David Howell Evans - was cool as ever in a black suit and a beanie, while his wife Morleigh Steinberg, 57, stunned in a sparkling black and silver gown. 

+92
View gallery

Pretty in pink: American journalist Katie Couric, 65, opted for a pop of color with a sleeveless vivid pink gown

+92
View gallery

+92
View gallery

Violet vision: West Side Story star Ariana DeBose, 31, sizzled in a form-fitting lavender creation with a thigh-high slit

+92
View gallery

Showing off: The beauty showed off her spectacular dress from a variety of angles 
[size=18]Ariana DeBose dons daring cut out pastel gown at 2022 Emmys

Lo
[/size]
They were also joined by their fellow U2 members Adam Clayton, 62, and Larry Mullen Jr., 61. Clayton rocked an iridescent blazer while Larry looked trendy in an all-black suit.
Previous Kennedy Center honoree Garth Brooks, 60, looked country cool in a black cowboy hat and blue jeans, while his wife, Tricia Yearwood, 58, sparkled in an iridescent blue gown. 
Sheryl Crow, 60, was elegant as ever in a floral one-shoulder gown. 
Comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, 51, looked spiffy in a black suit and bowtie, while his wife Isla Fisher, 46, shined in an iridescent sequin gown. 
Isla wore her auburn tresses parted on the side and lightly curled. She accessorized with large ruby red earrings and drew attention to her magnetic eyes with mascara and smokey eyeshadow.

+92
View gallery

Floral vision: Sheryl Crow, 60, was elegant as ever in a floral one-shoulder gown 

+92
View gallery

Country love: Previous Kennedy Center honoree Garth Brooks, 60, looked country cool in a black cowboy hat and blue jeans, while his wife, Tricia Yearwood, 58, sparkled in an iridescent blue gown

+92
View gallery

Neat beard: The country superstar rocked a neatly groomed beard to the event

+92
View gallery

Glam pair: Don Cheadle, 58, cut a dapper figure in a black suit and tie. He was joined by wife Bridgid Coulter, 54, who looked glamorous in a halter blue dress

+92
View gallery

Icon: Jazz legend Herbie Hancock, 82, looked classy in a burgundy jacket and a black shirt with a matching black bowtie

+92
View gallery

Too cool: LL Cool J, 54, sported a black coat and a matching fedora as well as a cool diamond ring accessory on his hand that spelled out his name
[size=18]LL Cool J shares powerful rap about George Floyd and racism

Loaded: 0%
[/size]

American journalist Katie Couric, 65, opted for a pop of color with a sleeveless vivid pink gown. 
West Side Story star Ariana DeBose, 31, sizzled in a form-fitting lavender creation with a thigh-high slit. She accessorized the look with a diamond lariat chain.
Don Cheadle, 58, cut a dapper figure in a black suit and tie. He was joined by wife Bridgid Coulter, 54, who looked glamorous in a halter blue dress. 
Singer Gladys Knight, 78, looked ravishing in a red gown and wore her tresses in a chic updo.  
Another one of the night's honorees, Cuban-born conductor and educator Tania Leo, 79, looked fantastic in a red sequin gown. 

+92
View gallery

Ravishing: Singer Gladys Knight, 78, looked ravishing in a red gown and wore her tresses in a chic updo

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Dec 2022, 12:03

Pigpen and Ida

Sorry - wrong spelling. Meant to write 'fateful'

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 05 Dec 2022, 15:48

Aha! So Nick and Nina were there. Good! This award is a big deal, and I couldn't imagine George not including them in this unless they weren't well enough to attend. They must be so proud of him. Seems they attended the honoree's dinner. I hope they were able to attend the ceremony as well.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

hasenrosi and Ida like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 05 Dec 2022, 17:13

Oh dear, another pathetic effort to ensure Amal gets press. Come on George,  this is almost as stale as the gaze pose.  Lest we forget your gallant effort to save her yellow gown at Cannes.   No, I'm not cranky today, but can't he just be a grown up and stop forcing Amal in everyone's face.

PigPen

ivanka gljivanka likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 05 Dec 2022, 17:58

PP - Smile Sorry, sweetie, but that ship has sailed. He's always going to put her front and center whenever he can. She's his  queen.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

party animal - not! and Ida like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Dec 2022, 18:20

Yep. He can't stop looking at her - and if you get to see the concert video later when all the honourees are watching from the balcony, the recipients are in the first row and the other halves in the back - and he holds her hand nevertheless. Hope he hasn't put his shoulder out!

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 06 Dec 2022, 01:55

I found the WaPo interview. It's really interesting how he's approaching aging in respect to his career. I would've thought he'd want to do more directing than acting, but I can see where acting would be less demanding. They mentioned "The Boys In The Boat" should be finished in January, but I wish they had said something about  when the Jim Jordan film will be ready.

So sorry, PAN. It looks like you're losing a neighbor. Another age-related decision on his part. Apparently the UK climate doesn't work for him. I hope France is more amenable. Sounds like they're keeping the LA house and the villa in Lake Como. I wonder if they'll sell the house in Sonning, or hold onto it like the place in LA. Smile Rich people's problems.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 07 Dec 2022, 12:55

Yes, Lizzy, I can quite see why the climate (altho bonkers-hot this summer!) would not do him any favours given his back problems - and possibly Alexander's asthma - but I'm not sure that he'll sell. They have custom-built many parts of that house for their career needs and done all the right environmental things in the grounds i e trees. And he's unbelievably close to many studios - and don't forget that Amal's ma is just up the road.

To be honest any property investment in this country is a wise move.......

But I definitely noticed at the honorees ceremony how uncomfortable he appeared to be on those chairs

ps if you take a quick look at the Augusta Kentucky facebook page, who do you think Santa is?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11509855/George-Clooney-wife-Amal-touches-LA-receiving-lifetime-achievement-award.html

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 07 Dec 2022, 15:38

PAN- Sorry, I don't - and won't - use Facebook. Did George play Santa? For his own kids or for some community event? It's definitely something I'd expect him to do.

A question: Are Amal's parents divorced? I ask because he says that the place in France makes it easier for the kids to see Amal's parents because her mother lives in the UK and her father lives in Beirut. Considering how they all jet all over the place all the time, it seems like an odd reason for relocating. But that's just my take on it. Of all the European countries, France would not be top of my list to live in. Nice place to visit and all that, but not my first choice.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Dec 2022, 14:01

Don't apologise Lizzy - the pic came up on my feed somehow so obviously it was nothing you needed to sign in for.

I don't touch that poison either - yet another bloke who will do anything for money (becos obviously he hasn't got enough!?) and is perfectly happy to ruin many many lives. Ask Maria Ressa!

I will never forget the Cambridge Analytica fiasco where Robert Mercer (also unbelievably rich) and men called Bannon and Zuckerberg got together to help the Russians infiltrate it to influence millions and millions of people's data all around the world e with false information so that Trump would be elected. Terrifying.

Never mind of course all the children and young minds who are now addicted to scrolling on that and the likes Tik-tok who allow images of young things killing themselves and then do the same.....Where are the parents?!

The British Parliament are currently in the throes of legalising against much of this and making the companies concerned responsible

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 08 Dec 2022, 19:25

Isn't the EU - or is it just France - enacting new regulations? I think the US is moving in the direction of some regulations as well. although it could take a while. Congress has to have hearings and then try to figure out what they can do legally. I've recently started using Twitter and Mastodon, so I'm curious how this will all play out.

My objection to Facebook is more personal. IMO if you have news , contact me. Don't assume that I'm constantly checking your FB page. Anyway, it's a pet peeve of mine so I'll shut up now. Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 08 Dec 2022, 20:22

Just my opinion but twitter is no better than face book. Especially now that musk has purchased it and allowed trump to have his accout back.
Lizzy, Amal's parents from what I remember don't live together I think they were seperated not divorced.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 08 Dec 2022, 21:37

Thanks, Annemarie. Re: Twitter - I use it to connect with people about all kinds of random topics. - from music to politics. I often find news stories there before they turn up in the press or on tv. On occasion I use it to vent my frustrations. If I find someone offensive I block them.

I don't use it to keep connected to friends or family. If I have something to tell them, I go to them directly. I don't expect them to constantly check a FB page to see what I'm doing. (As I said, pet peeve. Embarassed)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 30 Dec 2022, 14:43

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 02 Jan 2023, 12:36

That was an amazing honor for all of them . Amal looked so happy and proud of George. We all know how proud nick and nina were what a wonderful evening for all the recipients and guests.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 08 Jan 2023, 20:03

Gladys Knight is on my bucket list of performers to see before she (or I) is no longer able.

I saw Aretha Franklin in concert once; Nancy Wilson twice; Anita Baker probably three times; and Phyllis Hyman in a studio recording session. But somehow have never seen Gladys Knight live.

Way2Old4Dis

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 13 Apr 2023, 16:06

Cute interview with Nick that night

If it doesn't work when you click onto the link- copy  and paste it onto your search engine cheers

PigPen

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 13 Apr 2023, 16:20

Thanks, PP. That was really sweet. "Audio difficulties" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down