George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River'

4 posters

Go down

George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' Empty George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River'

Post by party animal - not! Fri 13 Aug 2021, 10:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' Empty Re: George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River'

Post by annemarie Fri 13 Aug 2021, 11:35

• ‘Across The River’: George Clooney & Grant Heslov’s Smokehouse Pictures To Adapt Latest Book From Sports Journalist Kent Babb

Matt GrobarAugust 12, 2021 1:56PM PDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kate Hudson Walker
EXCLUSIVE: George Clooney and Grant Heslov’s Smokehouse Pictures has landed the film rights to Across the River: Life, Death, and Football in an American City, the latest work of non-fiction from award-winning sports journalist Kent Babb.
The book published on August 10 by HarperOne follows New Orleans’ Edna Karr football team through its 2019 season as head coach Brice Brown and his team—perhaps the scrappiest and most rebellious group in the program’s history—vie to again succeed on and off the field.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]HarperOne
Although Coach Brown is preparing for a fourth title, he is really focused on something else: keeping his players alive. An epidemic of gun violence plagues New Orleans and its surrounding communities and has claimed many innocent lives, including that of his former star quarterback, Tollette “Tonka” George, who was shot in 2016 near a local gas station.

Related Story

'Wish': Joey Clarke Jr. To Adapt Barbara O’Connor's New York Times Bestseller For The Screen

The book is an investigation into the serious realities faced by young athletes in struggling neighborhoods, including gentrification, eviction, mental health issues, the drug trade, and gun violence. It offers a detailed portrait of a coach, his players, and the West Bank, a community where it’s difficult—but not impossible—to rise above the chaos, discover purpose, and find a way out.

“At Edna Karr high school there’s a saying that really stuck with me, and it’s: ‘Give ‘em the real.’ What that means is Brice Brown and his coaching staff never lie or sugarcoat the truth when addressing their players. Everybody deserves and receives honesty, even if it’s uncomfortable,” says Babb. “That’s what I’ve tried to do with this book: be honest and show you this world, just as it is. This isn’t a football story or a New Orleans story. It’s an American story, and it’s one that has changed my entire perspective.”
Smokehouse president Kerry Foster acquired rights to Across the River on behalf of the company.
Kent Babb is represented by Kristina Moore at Anonymous Content for film and television, and Chad Luibl at Janklow & Nesbit Associates for literary rights.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River' Empty Re: George and Grant buy rights to Kent Babb latest book 'Across the River'

Post by LizzyNY Fri 13 Aug 2021, 13:33

This sounds like it could be a great film. I hate to say it, but I hope they work with someone who can keep them focused. For some reason George's serious films seem to not quite hit the mark. I hope this one does.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 01 Sep 2021, 18:43

Oh gosh, another boys' film?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down