George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation

+2
annemarie
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation Empty George in new ad for UK's Warburtons Bread

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 May 2021, 02:10

ti

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Company happy to pay fee to the Clooney Foundation for Justice

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation Empty George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation

Post by annemarie Thu 06 May 2021, 11:22

[size=40]George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation[/size]

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=George Clooney is latest Hollywood star to film Warburtons][/url]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tom Butler
·Senior Editor
Thu, 6 May, 2021, 5:56 am·3-min read

Watch: George Clooney will donate the dough from this ad to his human rights campaign

[ltr]

0:28

1:02
[/ltr]

George Clooney stars in new Warburtons advert

Hollywood actor George Clooney is the latest celebrity to star in a TV advert for British bakery brand Warburtons.
The A-lister, who turns 60 on May 6, is seen alongside bakery boss Jonathan Warburton in the minute-long advert which will air on ITV on May 8.
The fee paid to Clooney for his participation in the campaign was donated to the Clooney Foundation For Justice, which was founded by the actor and his wife, the international human rights lawyer, Amal.

George Clooney looks excited to be pitching his legendary idea to family bakers in new advert that celebrates Warburtons dedication to baking the best quality (Warburtons/PA)

The foundation campaigns against human rights abuses around the world.
Mr Warburton can be seen preparing a piece of toast with butter to eat as his 3pm snack – only to be interrupted as a receptionist runs into the room declaring: “Mr Warburton, George Clooney is on the line!”
Read more: Robert De Niro says he did the Warburtons ad because 'f*** it, why not?'
Clooney’s face can be seen on a laptop, where he’s waiting to pitch an idea to Mr Warburton.

George Clooney waits patiently for Jonathan Warburton so he can pitch his legendary idea for the next Warburtons advert but Jonathan is late to join the call. (PA/Warburtons)

But the Ocean’s Eleven star is left dumbfounded when he’s snubbed for a piece of hot, buttered toast as Warburton declares: “He can wait,” closing the laptop so he can eat his toast. 
Clooney can be heard saying: “He hung up?”

George and Amal Clooney, representing the Clooney Foundation for Justice, arrive at the People's Postcode Lottery charity gala (David Cheskin/PA Images via Getty Images)

On appearing in the advert, Clooney said: “It’s not every day your call is turned down for a slice of toast, but needless to say I had a lot of fun filming this spot. 
"It was great working with the Warburtons team and I’m thankful for the support they are providing to the Clooney Foundation For Justice.”

Jonathan Warburton in the latest advert (PA/Warburtons)

The company’s chairman, Jonathan Warburton, said: “We are thrilled to have George Clooney star in our latest campaign. Video calls have become part of normal life for so many of us during the last year, but George Clooney popping up on screen was quite a surprise!  
Read more: George Clooney explains why he returned to movies after four-year hiatus
“At Warburtons, we pride ourselves on the care that goes into making sure that every single loaf is as fresh and high quality as possible. Quality is truly at the heart of our 145-year-old business, and this new ad is a real celebration of that passion, and we hope it will bring a smile to those watching.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation Empty Re: George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation

Post by PigPen Thu 06 May 2021, 15:20

Not amused  Warburton used Ava Maria for a commercial.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation Empty Re: George Clooney donates fee for Warburtons advert to human rights foundation

Post by party animal - not! Fri 07 May 2021, 11:33

Oh really? I thought that was Amazon....I know they definitely did that

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 07 May 2021, 13:39

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 07 May 2021, 18:10

PAN - Very Happy Loved the IMDb tweet! Great clips and responses, too. Every time I see one of those "Which is your favorite?" things it starts me trying to pick my favorite - and I can't! I like so many of his films. And what about the ones they didn't mention: The American, Solaris, One Fine Day and so many others.

I gather Warburton's bread is something like our Wonder Bread : ubiquitous and pretty generic white bread. I guess George figured "Why not?", since he'd end up with some money for his foundation. I didn't realize he had done so much commercial work - and there are a couple I can think of that they didn't mention.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 May 2021, 00:21

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 08 May 2021, 03:34

I’ll never look at white toast in the same way again.  They make it look so scrumptious.  Who knew???
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 10 May 2021, 21:38

Funnily enough, I saw the advert twice on TV today!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down