George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan.

+2
LizzyNY
annemarie
6 posters

Go down

GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. Empty GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan.

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 15:22

GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan.
The Hollywood star wanted the lavatory in a garden shed at his £12million UK mansion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
An aerial image of George and Amal Clooney's £12million mansion in OxfordshireCredit: Coleman-Rayner 2017
The Hollywood star and his wife, Amal, want to build an outdoor loo at their country pileCredit: Getty - Contributor
But council chiefs said the outbuilding could damage the roots of a protected tree at the 17th- century, Grade II listed property.
Clooney, 58, and wife Amal, 42, submitted blueprints for their pile in Sonning Eye, Oxon, last month.
The proposed outbuilding, in the style of a garden shed with a loo, is described in planning documents as a single-storey, timber construction with a pitched roof clad in cedar shingles.
But South Oxfordshire District Council raised concerns over a nearby redwood tree.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. Empty Re: GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan.

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Apr 2020, 15:28

PAN - Could that building with the solar panel roof possibly be The Mill? It isn't that close, is it?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan. Empty Re: GEORGE Clooney’s plans for a new outdoor loo in his back garden nearly went down the pan.

Post by heartlove Thu 02 Apr 2020, 16:30

Interesting...

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 17:06

Lizzy that is the mill. It is labeled on the view pan posted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Apr 2020, 17:13

Annemarie - I had looked at that picture but I didn't use the zoom feature. I think this is the first photo I've seen that shows how close The Mill actually is. I think the other pictures I've seen didn't label the buildings so I didn't realize that was The Mill. It really is awfully close - much closer than I thought!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 17:30

The only thing separating them is the river It is probably wider that it looks though.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Apr 2020, 17:56

The river actually goes through the Mill, guys, and is fully working and if you have a drink in one of the bars you watch it.

Pix here - https://millatsonning.com/waterwheel-bar/

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Thu 02 Apr 2020, 18:02

Pan where is your house and how close are Amal''s parents?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to move there.  Do they have dark skinned people there?

Last edited by heartlove on Thu 02 Apr 2020, 18:09; edited 1 time in total

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 18:06

What a wonderful sounding establishment.  It must be pretty popular in the Sonning area.  I love the idea of indulging in homemade cakes and teas during the day.  Summer evenings in the bar must be really lovely.  Wonder if they stock a bit of Casamigos Wink
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Apr 2020, 19:10

Pan aren't the estate and the mill the only buildings on the island?

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Apr 2020, 21:28

People flock there from miles around, Donnamarie. And unique. As part of the ticket price there's also dinner with half a dozen choices of food prior to the performance - and if you should stay overnight there are loads of walks along the river paths. They also do, big band events, lunchtime too, storytime and endless meetings. There's an element of the sort of thing George grew up with about the place - the river, the trees, the pubs. And yep, they serve Casamigos and the pub has Nespresso in every guest room and in the restaurant. 

Ladybug, it's a beautiful English village and a house there would set you back from about $900,000. As for who lives there it is very much like the rest of the UK - every nation under the sun in one small village. In my street alone there must be 12 or so nationalities.

Bare in mind that the UK used to colonise the world and we have something called the Commonwealth. So many comings and goings. And when Idi Amin ruled over Uganda many people escaped to the UK and are still here and issued with UK passports

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Thu 02 Apr 2020, 21:57

If I marry a rich man who wants to live there it's good to know all nationalities are welcomed.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Fri 03 Apr 2020, 00:28

George and Amal Clooney to build a shed complete with toilets and a kitchen for the security guards who patrol their £12million estate

• Actor and lawyer want to construct shed for security guards on their £12m estate
  • Planning application shows single-storey building used for 'security purposes'
  • South Oxfordshire District Council worried hut could damage roots of redwood

By Arthur Martin for the Daily Mail
Published:  19:00 EDT, 2 April 2020   |  Updated:  19:06 EDT, 2 April 2020  

• [email=?subject=Read this: George and Amal Clooney to build a shed complete with toilets and a kitchen for the security guards who patrol their £12million estate]e-mail [/email]

View comments

Given it features indoor and outdoor pools and a cinema, it would be fair to assume bathroom facilities at George and Amal Clooney's 17th century mansion are equally well-appointed.
So it is perhaps no great surprise to discover the A-list actor and lawyer are planning separate quarters for the hired help.
In a case which is less upstairs-downstairs and more indoors-outdoors, the couple want to construct a shed for the security guards who patrol their £12million estate – complete with a toilet and small kitchen. 
+3

Given it features indoor and outdoor pools and a cinema, it would be fair to assume bathroom facilities at George and Amal Clooney's 17th century mansion are equally well-appointed
A planning application shows the single-storey wooden outbuilding will be used for 'security purposes'. 

But the Clooneys' attempt to hide the hut away in a copse of trees threatens to scupper the plans.
South Oxfordshire District Council raised concerns the hut could damage the roots of a nearby redwood which has protected status, and the Clooneys have had to resubmit their application. 

The A-list actor and lawyer are planning separate quarters for the hired help (Pictured: How the outbuilding could look)
+3

A planning application shows the single-storey wooden outbuilding will be used for 'security purposes' (Pictured: The Clooneys' estate)
The council's tree officer Tim Onslow-Free said: 'There appears to be the opportunity to relocate the proposed outbuilding to a more appropriate location.' 
Clooney, 58, and his 42-year-old wife bought the Grade II-listed property on the banks of the Thames in Sonning shortly after marrying in 2014. 
They have spent millions refurbishing it, although large parts of the estate flooded earlier this year when the river burst its banks.
Advertisement

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Apr 2020, 05:07

I wonder how recent that photo of the house is. I'm guessing it was taken before the grounds were flooded. I don't think the lawn could look that good this soon.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 03 Apr 2020, 11:12

I just read the story about George’s jacks and followed the link....

I read some of the comments... this one really has nothing to do with George but I have to say I 100% agree with it ....

“ Next year I dont want to hear about the Brits, the Oscars, BAFTAs or Golden globes. I dont want to see a single pathetic actor, actress, singer, celebrity or sports person on any red carpet!!
Next year I want to see nurses, doctors, police, ambulance crews, carers, support workers, all emergency services, food workers and lorry drivers having free red carpet parties with awards and expensive goodie bags. If this doesnt happen it will be the biggest injustice ever!!
Thank you. all of you that are working hard to keep us safe and allow us to have food on our tables“

:clap: 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 03 Apr 2020, 11:19

I’m looking forward to a New World Order... it may take another few months of being locked down...but when we come out....

Nurses will be paid more than Taylor Swift

Doctors more than Brad Pitt

Cleaners more than any Kardashian

Drivers more than Fund Managers

Shelf stackers more than footballers

Home helps more than Tennis Players

..... you get my drift. Those who give their heart with or without a mask...should get the world UNTAXED!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Apr 2020, 15:14

Joanna and WWHS - If only...
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 07 Apr 2020, 16:24

Police searching for millionaire’s missing son Alexander Stern, 36, who vanished after leaving pub near George Clooney’s £12million home find body in the Thames

Is this the establishment right behind George Clooney's Estate?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 07 Apr 2020, 17:03

Actually the pub is a a quarter of a mile from the Clooney's home. It says so in the article.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 07 Apr 2020, 17:30

Is the pub the estabishment pictured behind the Estate?  It could look closer in the picture than it actually is.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 07 Apr 2020, 18:09

Nope.It was found upriver near the village of Charvil. Check it out on a map.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 07 Apr 2020, 18:11

The story says he was seen in the pub.  I'm asking if the building pictured behind the Estate is the pub.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 07 Apr 2020, 18:13

I believe the building in the picture is The Mill, a theatre near the estate.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 07 Apr 2020, 18:16

Thank you!!!

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 07 Apr 2020, 20:22

The pub is on the other side of the bridge, on the river walk, through the church cemetery, and on the other side of the church - which owns it.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 07 Apr 2020, 20:26

Good to know...

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down