George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

March 2020 Chit Chat

+7
carolhathaway
Joanna
Donnamarie
Admin
annemarie
LizzyNY
heartlove
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: March 2020 Chit Chat

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 26 Mar 2020, 00:09

I spend my days thinking about life with the love of my life.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:32

LizzyNY wrote:So far, so good! How are you? How are you getting on with the house? Is it livable yet? I hope the virus hasn't kept you from being able to settle in.
It's a bit of a nuisance, really. I still don't have a kitchen, so I can't prepare food, can't cook food, can't store food, so I need to go to the supermarket every two days to pick up fresh food to keep me going that day and the next (thank fully so far the milk keeps for two days if I put it in the north facing room with no radiators). I've also got no washing machine, so can't do laundry.

My options are to move back to my mum, sleeping on her sofa in the living room, or make do somehow in my new home and go back to mum every weekend for hot food and laundry! Currently, I'm staying at mine, and weekending at my mum's but feel bad for possibly bringing the virus to her, and also for treating her home like a hotel but what to do?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 26 Mar 2020, 22:40

Wow! That's more than just a nuisance. I'm guessing you don't have a microwave oven? I could say pop over and stay here, but I guess that's not really helpful. I'm sure your mum understands and doesn't mind the company, but I do understand your concerns, Just be really careful when you go shopping.

I just watched a video a doctor posted on Daily Kos about how to be sure you aren't bringing the virus home on your food. I wish I knew how to share it, because it really made me think. He basically says to disinfect a counter or table, keep everything on one side until you disinfect it then move it to the other side. Wipe down cans, plastic containers and plastic bags of things with disinfectant.

If possible remove things from boxes and plastic bags (like cereal and bread) and put into containers that you wipe down. Wash fresh fruit the same way you wash your hands - 2 "Happy Birthdays" in warm soapy water.  Don't just throw packages of food into the freezer. Wipe them down with disinfectant first. Freezing doesn't kill the virus. Take all the packaging you're discarding and throw it away outside your house.

For takeout food, do the same thing with the packaging. He advises buying hot dishes instead of cold, and microwaving the food to kill any contamination. Also, be sure to wash your hands before and after handling any food.

I know it sounds like overkill, but he really made a lot of sense. Just be careful. I hope you can get settled sooner rather than later. It must be terribly frustrating for you. Good luck!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 27 Mar 2020, 16:11

bounce

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/meghan-and-harry-move-to-california-permanently-0tfhtrfsz

Meghan and Harry ‘move to California permanently’
Charlie Mitchell, Ottawa
Friday March 27 2020, 12.01am GMT, The Times

March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 %2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fef4d4958-6fbb-11ea-a7bb-221c8e3aed51
March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 %2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fef4d4958-6fbb-11ea-a7bb-221c8e3aed51

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to be self-isolating in Hollywood
SAMIR HUSSEIN/GETTY IMAGES

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have left Canada and entered self-isolation in California, where they will settle permanently, it was reported last night.
The couple are believed to have secured a private jet to Los Angeles last week, as Canada and the US prepared to close their border to non-essential travel in a bid to slow the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Harry and Meghan have left Canada now for good,” a source told The Sun. “The borders were closing and flights were stopping. They had to get out.”
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 30 Mar 2020, 17:41

Hello! Just checking in to say "Hi!". I hope everyone is alright and not going stir crazy if you're self-isolating. Do whatever you need to do to keep safe and sane, but above all PLEASE be careful. This thing will pass in time. We just have to wait it out. sunny

Have fun bingeing all the tv shows you've been meaning to watch, catch up on all the hobbies you never have time for - if you're a masochist, start spring cleaning or disinfect your house. If you're a lazy bum like me dive into YouTube and watch all the great theater and music that's trending (NTLive, BroadwayHD,StarsinTheHouse) or a B&B concert video. They're even streaming the 10th Anniversary Les Mis Concert. It's amazing!

Whatever you decide to do, please take care. Be smart and be safe. Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 31 Mar 2020, 14:32

PAN, Joanna

Do you all have April fools day?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 01 Apr 2020, 23:53

It's a bit of a nuisance, really. I still don't have a kitchen, so I can't prepare food, can't cook food, can't store food, so I need to go to the supermarket every two days to pick up fresh food to keep me going that day and the next (thank fully so far the milk keeps for two days if I put it in the north facing room with no radiators). I've also got no washing machine, so can't do laundry. 

HI KATIE

EXCUSE CAPITALS BUT I HAVE EYE TROUBLE.

HOW ABOUT A COUPLE OF COOL BOXES WITH FROXEN BLOCKS IN TO KEEP YOUR MILK FRESH FOR LONGER ?

I DONT THINK YOUR MOM WILL MIND YOU
STAYING WITH HER TO DO LAUNDRY ??
YOU CAN ALWAYS OFFER HER SOME
"RENT MONEY" ??  LOL

GOOD LUCK GAL.....
HOPE YOU SURVIVE ALRIGHT.

gotpics
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 01 Apr 2020, 23:57

ladybugcngc wrote:PAN, Joanna

Do you all have April fools day?

YES OF COURSE....UP UNTIL 12.pm  !!  LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 02 Apr 2020, 00:22

Whatever you decide to do, please take care. Be smart and be safe. March 2020 Chit Chat - Page 2 4910

FROM LIZZIE ABOVE.....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

I'LL BE IN TOUCH SOON....LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2