George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
March 2020 Chit Chat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

March 2020 Chit Chat

+7
carolhathaway
Joanna
Donnamarie
Admin
annemarie
LizzyNY
heartlove
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

March 2020 Chit Chat Empty March 2020 Chit Chat

Post by heartlove Sun 01 Mar 2020, 19:07

Time share contracts look great at first, however getting out of one seems to take forever!  Time share contracts are the worst.

Other than that, happy March everyone!!!

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

March 2020 Chit Chat Empty Re: March 2020 Chit Chat

Post by heartlove Sun 01 Mar 2020, 19:11

Even Oprah Winfrey takes a tumble from time to time.
:copyright: Provided by FOX News Fox News Flash top entertainment and celebrity headlines are here. Check out what's clicking today in entertainment.
During an engagement for her Oprah's 2020 Vision: Your Life on Focus Tour, the 66-year-old tripped and fell on stage while discussing achieving balance in her life.

Actress Adèle Haenel, two others walk out of César ceremony after Roman Polanski wins

One fan captured a video of the incident and shared it on Twitter.
OPRAH WINFREY TALKS MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY'S MEGXIT PLANS: 'THAT'S HIS DECISION FOR HIS FAMILY'
"Wellness to me means all things in balance, and balance doesn’t mean all things are equal or at peace at all times," Winfrey said in the clip.
She then took a few steps, stumbled and fell. She was quickly able to sit up straight and joked: "Wrong shoes."
People reports Oprah's longtime partner Stedman Graham rushed onstage to check on the media mogul.
“It’s nice to be talking about balance and fall,” Winfrey said, according to the outlet.
Oprah addressed the fall during in an Instagram video taken backstage at the event.
OPRAH WINFREY'S MAJOR MOMENTS, FROM 'THE COLOR PURPLE' TO THAT TOM CRUISE INTERVIEW
"I didn't even think 'embarrassing,'" she said in the video. "I just thought 'Okay I fell, everybody knows what falling is.' You would prefer not to fall, but now I've fallen."
After falling, Winfrey took off her shoes and remained barefoot until eventually slipping on sliver sneakers.
"I thought this was a great day in spite of the fall, which now becomes a meme, I know," she said in a later video. "But I picked myself up I don't know if it was something on the floor or my foot twisted or what. I had the indication I was gonna fall before, and then it is what it is, it was a great, great day."

The event took place in Los Angeles during her second-to-last stop on the tour, the final stop being in Denver on March 7.
Jennifer Lopez served as the event's special guest, while Julianne Hough was also present for a segment of the show.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 01 Mar 2020, 21:35

heartlove - Thanks for inadvertently or on purpose including the link to my two favorite entertainers on the planet, Michael Ball and Alfie Boe Give Flowers . Those two clips were exactly what I needed to see right now. Just lovely!

Anyone else who needs a bit of cheering up should watch these two obviously great friends have a bit of a laugh and give a listen to two wonderful voices.

(PS The videos come on automatically after Oprah's video.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 02 Mar 2020, 19:14

Inside the actor's studio host James Lipton dies from cancer age 93.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 02 Mar 2020, 21:36

That's really sad.He was such an interesting man. His interviews were always a lot of fun to watch. He had a wicked sense of humor and a vast knowledge of the acting world. I bet he was a great teacher, too.

I don't know if it's still accessible, but he did a great interview with George a few years back. He also interviewed Brad and Robin Williams and dozens of other actors over the years. I wonder if his illness is why The New School took ITAS off the air. I'm sure he'll be sorely missed.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Mar 2020, 16:48

Hey, Katie - How's the house coming? Are you any closer to moving in?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 14 Mar 2020, 11:14

Oh boy! Well, technically I've moved in already. Spending two nights here, then one or two nights at my mum's for laundry and cooked food. Still got no kitchen and still no closer to getting one, sigh. I didn't realise how expensive fitting a kitchen is, not to mention how long it takes to find a good person to do the job. Buying the kitchen is the easy part!!

On the brighter side, I'm about ready to start painting ceilings and walls - hooray! The plaster has pretty much dried, now that I had the roof mended.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Mar 2020, 15:28

Well, it sounds like you're getting most of the big jobs done, so that's good. Do you know anyone who can recommend a contractor to install the kitchen? Do you have places like Lowe's or Home Depot that sell all kinds of supplies for home improvement? (Stupid question - of course you do!) If they don't actually offer the services you need themselves, they can usually recommend someone who can do the work. - or what about something like Angie's List that rates and recommends various companies and tradesmen?
I know it seems endless, but it will get done - and you'll love it!

Laughing Have fun painting! How many rooms do you have to do? Maybe by the time you're done the kitchen will be done, too. Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 14 Mar 2020, 20:28

Katie you could have used Jonathan and Drew Scott of Property Brothers on HGTV (do you even have that tv show in the U.K.???) to do your makeover.  Leave the fuss and muss to them.

But seriously I think the way you’re doing it is by far the most satisfying.  Just need the patience and stamina!  Hang in there.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sat 14 Mar 2020, 20:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 14 Mar 2020, 21:02

Has anyone watched ‘Hillary’, the four part documentary on Hulu?  It is absolutely fascinating.  If anyone gets the chance please check it out.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Mar 2020, 23:22

I keep hearing good things about it. Which platform is it streaming on?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 15 Mar 2020, 17:49

Lizzy it’s on Hulu for an indefinite period of time.  It was so good I almost binge watched it for four hours.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Mar 2020, 20:59

It figures it would be Hulu. I just cancelled it! Mad
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Mar 2020, 19:05

Lyle Waggoner of the Carol Brunett show has died, he was 84.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Mar 2020, 02:38

Lelacorb - Are you alright? We've been hearing such awful news from Italy. I hope you are well and safe. Please know that many people are praying for all of you to get through this safely.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Mar 2020, 16:49

[size=35]5.7 magnitude earthquake in Utah knocks out power to thousands and diverts flights[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Mar 2020, 19:29

I'm OK at present.....No Virus here Thank The Lord.

We're self isolating in our home with minimum

outside contacts.....but we're  fine with that.

Plenty of recorded favourites on TV !  LOL.

Take Care Everyone xx

Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Mar 2020, 19:41

Jo - What are you going to watch? Yesterday I was in need of a laugh so I searched YouTube for anything Paul O'Grady. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. He's so funny!

I hope self isolating doesn't become too boring. Stay well! Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Mar 2020, 20:52

Take care Joanna.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 19 Mar 2020, 19:22

So good to hear from you Joanna.  Glad you are well.  Enjoy the telly watching and stay safe Very Happy
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Mar 2020, 22:27

Just curious, but I was wondering how many of us are hunkering down at home? Anyone "social-distancing"? (That's got to be the word of the year!) If you're stuck at home how are you filling the time?

Yesterday I hit YouTube and binged on Paul O'Grady. I'm in love! He's hilarious and has got to be a national treasure in the UK. There's an interview he did with Michael Ball and Matt Lucas (from Les Mis) that's hysterical and one he did on Loose Women with Cilla Black that was priceless.

Today I went food shopping only to find half of what I wanted was "coming in tomorrow". I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TOMORROW! Too many sneezy, coughy people around.

I went to my local CVS to get rubbing alcohol (they're out) and the manager told me they're out of pretty much anything virus-related: no alcohol, bleach, wipes, masks , gloves - and they don't know when they'll be getting any. They haven't even been given any for themselves! - but they have been told to "sterilize" the store (without the necessary supplies) during their work shifts. No overtime for them. Amazingly thoughtful of their bosses. Mad

If I can't find anything to watch or stream tonight I might pop a dvd of one of George's movies on - or maybe one of the Les Mis anniversary concerts. For anyone who needs a bit of uplift, go to YouTube and check out Michael Ball and Alfie Boe's version of "The Prayer" at the O2.  Absolutely beautiful! It will  ease your fears and heal your heart.   Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 20 Mar 2020, 00:12

I'm home like you Lizzy I had to go out to the grocery store , cvs and rite aid. None of them had any of the things you 
mentioned and said they didn't know when they would be getting any. I was walking and this woman coughed , didn't cover her mouth , she was carrying a bag but still could have covered her mouth. People seem to assume they don't have it so why bother. None of them having been tested so they really don't have any idea if they do or don't.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 20 Mar 2020, 02:33

What I thought was odd: A lot of people were wearing masks, which I thought doctors said aren't necessary or helpful - but they're not wearing gloves, which they say are effective as long as you don't touch your face.

I honestly don't know what to believe any more. I'm going to hang out at home for a couple of days and try to get the things I wanted sometime over the weekend or early next week. Maybe by then they'll have gotten some deliveries.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 20 Mar 2020, 09:15

I have heard the same thing about masks, I have also heard they can't hurt. The thing with the stores is we don't know when the deliveries are and people who are hoarding are also trying to get the things. So first come first serve. I think the stores should have put a limit on everything at the beginning.i took this seriously but never thought about the city running out of things like bleach and toilet paper.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 20 Mar 2020, 14:52

From my experience yesterday I don't think the city will really run out of things. There is a shortage of certain supplies ,needed more by hospitals and doctors, that are in short supply. The supermarket was expecting deliveries today and the food shelves were well stocked. I think we'll only have problems getting deliveries if the virus increases in areas where goods are shipped from.

Just a thought for anyone who has garden space. It might be a good idea to plant a vegetable garden this season so you don't have to be so dependent on the supply chain for your food. Maybe even get a couple of chickens! Very Happy( I wish I could, but I live in an apartment and I don't think my landlord would approve! Sad)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 20 Mar 2020, 15:31

I know in some areas they have run out of bread hopefully trucks will come and restock soon. I have a terrace so we are going to plant out there.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 21 Mar 2020, 09:34

KennyRogers passed away, he was 81.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Mar 2020, 17:31

I saw that. Sad. I really like his music and enjoyed his performances.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Mar 2020, 19:25

Lizzy, re growing things, would you be able to get, say, a couple of tomato plants and put them on a window sill? That's if you like them of course.........!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Mar 2020, 20:01

PAN - Love tomatoes and have tried to grow them in the past - along with herbs, oranges (and pretty much anything else with seeds) carrots, potatoes - I could go on forever. I had a grow lab in my classroom and we planted all sorts of things there, too. Those grew a bit better. Apparently I have been blessed with a purple thumb. Most of the things I plant start to grow and just when I get all excited that they might actually survive into planthood...they die! Lord knows why.Sad

I have at various times grown massive coleus plants, ivies and other inedibles. Right now my windowsill is home to two overflowing pots of some sort of succulent - possibly aloe, but I'm not sure. I don't even remember where I got them. They're just there. Oh, and another pot of what looks like grass, which it probably is - probably just a stowaway in the bag of soil.

I may give it another go if I get bored - and if I still have some potting soil left. It's something to do while being stuck in the house indefinitely - but I won't count on it adding to my food supply! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Mar 2020, 20:26

Mm, good idea Lizzy - and if they are tomatoes they should be fine on a sunny sill (she said, as if she knew all about it!)

I currently have the craziest of orchid plants - which I thought had died so I stuck them on the boiler in the utility room by the window - and one of them looks like a bunch of old twigs. But suddenly there are green shoots that look like worms and a giant green leaf. Minds of their own............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Mar 2020, 21:27

I have a friend who plays classical music to his plants and swears they grow better because of it. Maybe they DO have minds of their own. Maybe the utility room is your orchid's idea of a perfect home. Smile Maybe all my plants have a death wish . Sad

Good luck with your orchids! flower(This is probably the only flower I'll get to grow this year.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 22 Mar 2020, 01:56

I. Can not play. Another game. Of. Jenga.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Mar 2020, 02:42

Way2Old - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy! School's closed??
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 22 Mar 2020, 11:05

Mothers Day here ... I never thought I would say this...but on a day like today I am content to know my Mum is in a better place ... Jameson in hand, legs crossed and a cigarette in heavenly hand, using someone else’s wings as an ashtray...I would be, as many are, a nervous feckin wreck in the face of Covid-19 ...

Watch till the end...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Mar 2020, 16:18

WWHS - Thanks sooo much for posting this. It's brilliant!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 22 Mar 2020, 20:50

Brilliant and true!  Thanks WWHS for sharing.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 22 Mar 2020, 21:21

Lizzy, the public school system went from "The kids are safer in school" to "If parents want to keep kids home for 2 weeks, there will be no attendance penalty"' to "All classes, sports, and activities are cancelled through March" in the space of two days. So there is a 14-year-old here who needs structure, and no online lessons posted to date. They're supposed to start tomorrow, but I've already seen bits of her brain left to waste on the floor. Do not get me started on the attempts by her mom and me to play "teacher." Did not go well.

The pre-schooler is home by option, without financial penalty (the tuition holds the spot as much as it pays for the education), while her school shakes out procedures. And while I get a kick out of her becoming a Hula Hoop expert and learning to read, the 10-year difference in the girls' ages and having them under the same roof for 24 hours can be taxing. Jenga can only do so much. I get the shakes every time I hear "Stop copying me!"

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 22 Mar 2020, 22:45

Great, WWHS.

And honestly so much of this video could so easily apply to the wonderful NHS here and thousands and thousands of medical staff all around the world currently working around the clock in incredibly difficult circumstances to save lives......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 22 Mar 2020, 23:15

... and now the corporate office of the 4-year-old's pre-school has closed all campuses, except for those serving large numbers of children of health care workers.

We are blessed that having the girls at home is not a hardship for us or them. But I may need to build myself an isolation booth that has nothing to do with a virus.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Mar 2020, 23:22

Way2Old - You have my sympathies. Having taught everything from kindergarten to 5th grade for longer than I care to remember, I know how aggravating it can be to keep kids engaged when they're "bored".

You don't necessarily have to try to "teach" them the academics they'd be getting in school. Lots of everyday activities use math and science, as well as reading and critical thinking: cooking, baking, sewing, painting... Or maybe challenge the older one to go online and learn a new skill - with some kind of reward if she actually does it. Maybe she can face time with a friend? I'm sure when the school finally starts their online lessons it'll take some of the burden off you to keep her occupied.

The little one probably just wants someone to play with. Maybe offer her a couple of things to do that won't bother you too much and stay in easy reach so you can keep an eye on her and interact if needed. If The older one is occupied with schoolwork maybe the little one won't bother her so much.

I really hope you can manage to adjust to this "new normal" without going crazy because we're hearing here that it could go on for months (God help us!). Thumbs up!

Last edited by LizzyNY on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 00:21; edited 1 time in total
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 22 Mar 2020, 23:27

Jigsaw puzzles left out for anybody to get distracted by and add the odd piece as they go by?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Mar 2020, 23:49

Way2Old - Just went back to check an article in today's paper written by a mom of 4 who home-schools. She suggested these programs:
        1, If you're into nature and literature based curriculum: Charlotte Mason or Waldorf
        2. More rigorous education: Classical Conversations
        3. Let kids' interests guide their lessons: Unschooling or unit studies

She suggests thinking about what approach you want to take and looking into all available options - and then relax! There's no one standing over your shoulder judging.

GOOD LUCK! You can do this. Thumbs up!
PS - How about making play doh (If I remember right, baking soda, a little oil and food coloring) or "finger paint" (food coloring and dish soap?) for the little one? I'll see if I can find the recipes for you.

Last edited by LizzyNY on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 00:23; edited 1 time in total
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Mar 2020, 23:57

PAN - The jig saw puzzle is a great idea. An unfinished drawing, with an invite to add your own touch, can also work - and can lead to some pretty surprising results.
Give Flowers Happy Mother's Day Give Flowers (Mothering Sunday?) to all our moms in the UK. Is there anywhere else that celebrates today? We don't celebrate here until May. I wonder why the dates are different? (Especially since we started it. - I learned that on MB's radio show today.) Anyway, I hope you all had a great day and are safe and well.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 23 Mar 2020, 00:06

Lizzy, just PM'd you.

I did things like baking etc to teach the older one fractions and measurements when she was younger. They both learned to read early. We're pretty cool on that aspect. But this time around, we're stuck with each other all day and all night.

We already have a wall-length poster that we're all coloring in pieces. None of us can draw very well. Very Happy

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Mar 2020, 00:14

Way2Old - The best results usually come when people who "can't",  DO!

Can she cook? Maybe "let" her plan the lunch menus for a week - and then "let" her make the meals. That should keep her busy for a while each day.

Maybe set aside a "reading hour" every day for all of you. Doesn't matter what you read, but everyone reads at the same time. Put on some soft music or cool jazz, lay back, relax and read. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 23 Mar 2020, 13:57

..........or just leave stuff out...ie an atlas, books of art (or whatever) rubiks cube, scrabble

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 25 Mar 2020, 20:33

Hey there, how's everyone getting on in self-isolation? Hope all's well with everyone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 25 Mar 2020, 21:32

Hey Katie o.k so far.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Mar 2020, 23:04

So far, so good! How are you? How are you getting on with the house? Is it livable yet? I hope the virus hasn't kept you from being able to settle in.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next