George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary

+2
Admin
Donnamarie
6 posters

Go down

George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  Empty George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary

Post by Donnamarie Wed 21 Mar 2018, 02:30

From Variety

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  Empty Re: George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary

Post by Admin Wed 21 Mar 2018, 04:01

George Clooney to Narrate Shimon Peres Documentary (EXCLUSIVE)
By Dave McNary
 @Variety_DMcNary
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dave McNary

Film Reporter@Variety_DMcNaryFOLLOW

Dave's Most Recent Stories

CREDIT: COURTESY OF MORIAH FILMS

George Clooney has come on board to narrate Moriah Films’ documentary “Never Stop Dreaming: The Life and Legacy of Shimon Peres,” Variety has learned.

It’s the 16th film produced by Moriah, the film division of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles. The production company generates documentaries focused on the Jewish experience as well as contemporary human rights. Two of its films, “Genocide” and “The Long Way Home,” have won the Academy Award for best documentary feature.

Nine months before he died last year, the 92-year-old Peres asked Moriah Films to create a documentary on his life story. “Never Stop Dreaming” includes interviews with President Clinton, President George W. Bush, President Obama, British Prime Minister Tony Blair, and Barbra Streisand. The film will be released later this year.

“We deferred production on our documentary about David Ben-Gurion to start working on ‘Never Stop Dreaming,'” director Richard Trank said. “We wound up with about 50 hours of footage of Shimon and I was struck by how he wanted to keep learning. He said that dreams are what kept him young.”

Trank said that “Never Stop Dreaming” has been scheduled for a June 13 showing at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. The release will likely coincide with the anniversary of Peres’ passing on Sept. 28.

Peres served twice as prime minister of Israel and negotiated the 1994 Israel–Jordan peace treaty, winning the 1994 Nobel Peace Prize together with Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat for the Oslo Accords.

Clooney had met Peres several times and agreed recently to come on board as narrator. He’s the latest in a long line of notable names who have narrated for Moriah Films, including Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Douglas, Ben Kingsley, Nicole Kidman, Kevin Costner, Brooke Shields, Morgan Freeman, Anne Bancroft, Martin Landau, Richard Dreyfuss, Sean Astin, Michael York, Richard Dreyfuss, Patrick Stewart, Whoopi Goldberg, and Ed Asner.

Moriah Films is headed by Rabbi Marvin Hier, the founder and dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center. He’s also a two-time Oscar winner and the only clergyman who is a voting member of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. Hier told Varietythat he’s indebted to many in Hollywood, including Fay Kanin, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Ron Meyer, and Sidney Sheinberg, for their advice on how to make films that resonated.

“I was born on the Lower East Side of New York City and I loved going to the movies at the New Delancey and the Palestine Theater,” he recalled. “We’re very proud of how this has turned out.”

Other Moriah titles include “Echoes that Remain,” “In Search of Peace,” “Beautiful Music,” “Unlikely Heroes,” “I Have Never Forgotten You: The Life and Legacy of Simon Wiesenthal,” “Ever Again,” “Against the Tide,” “Winston Churchill: Walking With Destiny,” “It is No Dream: The Life of Theodor Herzl,” “The Prime Ministers: The Pioneers,” “The Prime Ministers: Soldiers and Peacemakers” and “Our Boys.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary  Empty Re: George Narrating Shimon Peres Documentary

Post by it's me Wed 21 Mar 2018, 06:21

So
Is he back
Or old pic ?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 21 Mar 2018, 14:37

Thanks Katie for posting the article!

It’s me, it’s definitely a recent picture because he has his new haircut and beard but have no idea if this was taken before or after Italy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 21 Mar 2018, 20:03

[size=40]GEORGE CLOONEY TO NARRATE FILM ON LIFE OF SHIMON PERES

‘Never Stop Dreaming,’ featuring Obama, Clinton and Streisand, is slated for June release.

BY AMY SPIRO

MARCH 21, 2018 21:29

1 minute read.[/size]

• >
     The father and friend that was Shimon Peres

• >
     Streisand, Obama set to appear in Peres documentary

Share on facebook

Share on twitter

GEORGE CLOONEY, Rabbi Marvin Hier and Richard Trank pose for a photo in the recording booth. (photo credit: Courtesy)

George Clooney will be the narrator for an upcoming film about the life of former president Shimon Peres.

The film, Never Stop Dreaming: The Life and Legacy of Shimon Peres, is produced by Moriah Films, a division of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, and is slated to premiere in New York in June.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

The center told The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday that Clooney recorded his narration several weeks ago and met with Rabbi Marvin Hier, director of SWC.

The film is directed and produced by Richard Trank, who managed to record 50 hours of interviews with Peres in the months before his death in September 2016. Former US presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton also make appearances, in addition to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, former British prime minister Tony Blair and Barbra Streisand.

Obama, Clinton and Blair all attended Peres’s funeral in Jerusalem in 2016. Streisand flew to Israel in 2013 to celebrate Peres’s 90th birthday and perform “Avinu Malkeinu” for him.

[size=24][size=24]Five Minute Detox Salad

Sponsored by Connatix[/size]

The film’s first screening is scheduled for June 13 at the Kennedy Center in Washington.

In the film, Obama recalls meeting Peres for the first time as a US senator.

“The graciousness with which he received me, the genuine interest he had taken in my campaign, the degree to which he expressed hope that the kind of optimistic politics that I was trying to represent was something that could be duplicated and captured in the Middle East, particularly my appeal to young people – it was, I think, a great and flattering moment for me,” he said.

Trank’s most recent film, also for Moriah films, was 2015’s The Prime Ministers: Soldiers and Peacemakers, based on veteran diplomat Yehuda Avner’s  2010 book.

Trank has also directed films about Theodor Herzl, Simon Wiesenthal and Winston Churchill. He won an Academy Award in 1997 for The Long Way Home, which followed Jewish refugees after the Holocaust until the establishment of the State of Israel.[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 21 Mar 2018, 22:01

Nice pic
Thanks
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 21 Mar 2018, 23:22

It looks like he has put some weight on, finally.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 21 Mar 2018, 23:26

If he has put on weight it is probably for the show he is filming, George doesn't seem to like to weigh too much.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down