George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN

3 posters

Go down

Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN Empty Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN

Post by Admin Thu 22 Feb 2018, 04:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Nothing really new here, but a lovely article.  Nice video at the link that I can't embed.  Sorry if it's been posted already.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents
By Sandra Gonzalez, CNN
Updated 2153 GMT (0553 HKT) February 21, 2018

(CNN)"The best movies are on late at night. Flip the channel or you go on Netflix or one of those things and pull up 'Philadelphia Story,' or one of those, and you realize why they still hold up and why they're really the best. I was watching 'Carnal Knowledge' the other night, which was made in the '70s. When you go back and watch these films, the reason they were the best was because they were doing it first. There's this great sense of joy."
George Clooney credits his father, journalist Nick Clooney, for making him an actor before he actually set out to become an actor.

When he was about nine years old, his dad would recruit him for bits on the elder's Cincinnati-based variety program, "The Nick Clooney Show."

"My dad would put me in a leprechaun outfit, and give me a cigar and set me on a chair and interview me as Saint Patrick," he remembered, while also sharing a preview of the grizzled, gruff voice he'd use in the sketch. "That never felt like acting; that just felt like, you know, playing because it was really just like having a great big playground."

Decades later, Clooney, an accomplished actor, writer, producer, director, activist and two-time Sexiest Man Alive (he'll remind you with a wry grin that he's received the honor twice), is still, sort of, just playing.
He's on screen a little less often, yes, but the world is still ripe with stories he'd like to tell.

Clooney's sixth film as a director, "Suburbicon," explores timely social themes like building fences and scapegoating minorities in the context of a dark comedy. It was a long-gestating project he was determined to make.

"Here's the funniest thing about my career: I've been given this toy box to play with. In this toy box, I get to use all of the elements -- writers and directors and crew members...and I get to play with it," he said. "Anyone who knows anything about the history of filmmaking knows that they take that toy box away at some point. So, while they're letting me still play in it, I'm going to keep pushing the envelope and doing things that aren't easily made."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN Empty Re: Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN

Post by it's me Thu 22 Feb 2018, 10:28

Love the video
Thanks

Btw
Can I abduct the man?

I was thinking some woman judge would agree to not keep me into jail .... Cool

Unless with him Razz
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN Empty Re: Good-guy George Clooney is not an act, thanks to his parents - CNN

Post by Admin Thu 22 Feb 2018, 13:18

it's me wrote:Btw
Can I abduct the man?

I was thinking some woman judge would agree to not keep me into jail .... Cool
I think you'll find most female judges will insist you hand him over to her "for safekeeping"!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 22 Feb 2018, 13:45

No way Bounce Bounce
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 22 Feb 2018, 15:05

it's me wrote:No way Bounce Bounce
cheers    bounce     I love you
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down