George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22

+8
annemarie
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
Way2Old4Dis
Donnamarie
Sevens
ladybugcngc
party animal - not!
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 Empty Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 Jan 2018, 13:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Set in Italy. one-off series

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 Empty Re: Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 13 Jan 2018, 17:28

Love5    bounce    Love3
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22 Empty Re: Hulu (Handmaid's Tale etc) pick up Catch-22

Post by Sevens Sat 13 Jan 2018, 22:22

Paycheck: 1M per episode
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 14 Jan 2018, 17:46

I’m really excited to see George in front of the screen again.  I didn’t think it would happen this soon after his talk of being solely interested in directing in the future.  I never saw the original “Catch 22” nor have I read the book.  Has anyone else?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 14 Jan 2018, 18:45

The book is a classic. I read it every few years, and always find something new to laugh at in light of the concurrent times.

I remember the movie being fairly well-received -- don't know about its commercial success -- but I thought it fell way short of the humor of the book.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 14 Jan 2018, 20:30

Read the book years ago and honestly don't remember much about it. I agree with Way2Old that the movie was fairly well received at the time but it doesn't get shown much anymore - don't know why.

I'm just ticked that now I'll have to subscribe to Hulu if I want to see this. I thought it was going to play on Netflix!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 15 Jan 2018, 02:17

Hulu got ER too...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 15 Jan 2018, 05:02

George played a happily married man, right?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 15 Jan 2018, 12:57

PAN - I don't mind so much about ER as it's been running on cable for months and is on 6 days a week. They're coming to the end of the series and I think they're going to start over in a couple of weeks.

Ladybug - No. He played a doctor who was in love with a nurse who didn't trust him not to cheat on her. I won't tell you what happened. It would spoil it for you if you plan to watch the series. (You really should. Aside from George being in it, it really is a great show.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 15 Jan 2018, 14:13

LizzyNY wrote:PAN - I don't mind so much about ER as it's been running on cable for months and is on 6 days a week. They're coming to the end of the series and I think they're going to start over in a couple of weeks.

Ladybug - No. He played a doctor who was in love with a nurse who didn't trust him not to cheat on her. I won't tell you what happened. It would spoil it for you if you plan to watch the series. (You really should. Aside from George being in it, it really is a great show.)
Esp the first episodes are just breathtaking!
The pace is extraordinary (even for nowadays standard), and the storylines are really, really good.
I stopped watching after season 8 because there were so many new characters and the stories seemed to be familiar (no wonder - after eight years you seem to have told every story), but the last season (15) is fantastic because so many characters appeared again, just fascinatibg.
You should definetely watch it!

Last edited by carolhathaway on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 14:16; edited 1 time in total
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 15 Jan 2018, 14:14

Not in the beginning Ladybug, watch it I think you will like it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 15 Jan 2018, 14:55

It's also fun to see all the actors who guest starred on ER before they were famous. It's amazing how many there were! Some had recurring roles and some were just in one episode, but there were many familiar faces wheeled through the ER doors.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 15 Jan 2018, 15:20

Thanks guys.  I can't watch shows with graphic medical stuff.  St. Elsewhere,  ER, Grey's Anatomy, ... Never watched any of these shows.

I did watch the ER  finale and I thought he was married to Julian Margulies.  Just from watching that show I could tell the characters were interesting.

I just can't take the graphic medical stuff.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Jan 2018, 17:15

Many more details from the company here.......

An observation: George will be playing the part that his former father-in-law, Martin Balsam played in the original. 

And it's all being done on location - long stay in Italy then.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 16 Jan 2018, 19:38

I was in the same boat, LizzyNY, until my daughter informed me she has something called a FireStick (?) on her TV, and gets all kinds of streaming services, including Hulu. So I'll watch it during downtime when I'm with the grandkids, with nothing out of my pocket. Just have to figure out how to work the damn thing. If it takes more than one remote or three steps, I'm out.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 16 Jan 2018, 21:50

Way2Old - My cousin keeps telling me to get one of those things. I think Amazon makes it, but I'm pretty sure there are others and I don't think they're very expensive.. Are there separate fees for each streaming service like Netflix or Hulu? I might just sign up for Hulu for the time "Catch-22" is on and then cancel. I can watch ER on cable. They just re-started the series and it's on 6 days a week.

I honestly don't need any more channels to watch - I've got more than enough now. Amazon Prime offers a gazillion channels to members and I haven't even looked at any of them yet - and I've been a member for over a year!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 16 Jan 2018, 22:24

Lizzy, I know nothing about it except that it allows streaming of multiple services for a flat monthly fee. What specifically those services are besides Hulu, or what the cost is, I don't know.

I'd have to own a decent TV to even consider getting something like that. My granddaughter teases me about my television all the time.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Jan 2018, 22:40

Hulu, Netflix etc are all streamed online, guys.

I think, from what little I know, you register that way and pay, by direct debit or plastic I imagine.

Don't know about the exact process, but just Googled Hula and it's all there for you to sign up - I think for however long you like............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 16 Jan 2018, 22:57

PAN - Yep! They're all available for streaming individually. I get Netflix online for  monthly fee. I used to do the same with Hulu, but I cancelled because I wasn't watching it much.

The FireStick, I think, is supposed to make it possible to watch streaming channels on your tv. My question was whether the monthly fee for the FireStick includes those channels or if there is a separate fee for each of them - like cable companies charge extra for "premium" channels like HBO.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Jan 2018, 23:38

Very impressed, Lizzy.

Don't have any of these things. Just pay a yearly licence fee for the BBC and buy DVDs for other stuff I can't get e g The Crown. Won't touch Sky/Fox - I have personal knowledge of Murdoch from a previous life.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 17 Jan 2018, 02:27

PAN - Don't you guys have access to Netflix and those kinds of services? They're streamed on the internet, so if you subscribe you watch them on your computer or phone. The FireStick and other gadgets like it are supposed to make it possible to have your tv pick up the signal from your computer - basically a wireless antenna. At least that's how I think it works.

Do you have HD tv? When we changed over to HD you either had to get  special antennas (which weren't expensive, but didn't work very well - at least not here in the city) or get cable. Many of us already had cable service because the tv reception was much better and at the time it was reasonably priced. Not so much any more, but it still provides the best signal. It seems a lot of people are dropping cable service to get their tv from these streaming services because it's less expensive (Netflix is @$10 a month and Amaon Prime is $99 for a year and includes a lot of other stuff besides their tv and movie content) and you can watch whatever you want on your own schedule - but there is a lot of programming that isn't streamed so............
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 17 Jan 2018, 20:30

Oh yes, Lizzy. We have it all. I'm just not signed up to it - if I was I probably wouldn't move from the sofa for aeons!

Two TVs in this house.

One of ginormous proportions with endless channels and a whole lot of sport (yawn).

And the other with just the terrestial channels (BBC - no ads at all), ITV, Channel 4, Film4 etc with endless breaks for ads.

Also have BBCiplayer through the laptop where you can watch everything on catch up for no charge. In the UK all the BBC channels are paid for by one fee a year that goes to the government which acts as a watchdog through the BBC governors.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 17 Jan 2018, 21:29

PAN - Just curious. How many BBC channels are there? Do you need cable to receive them or an antenna? It seems the more "progress" we make the more complicated things get (and the more expensive). I still remember when all you had to do was buy your tv, bring it home and plug it in - no cables, no fees - just turn it on and watch.

Granted there weren't a million channels to watch and you couldn't stream or binge watch, but we seemed to manage all right. I guess I'm just a Luddite at heart - or maybe just cheap! Very Happy I can think of a lot of better things to do with my time and money.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 18 Jan 2018, 06:31

party animal - not! wrote:
In the UK all the BBC channels are paid for by one fee a year that goes to the government which acts as a watchdog through the BBC governors.
We've git something similar in Germany called 'public service broadcasting authorities' for which we all need to pay one fee a year. They are a little old-fashioned and sometimes critisized as being not critical enough and that there are too many of them. But when I sometimes watch news on private tv, they are just so shallow and often miss the point. So I'm glad we do have these tv and broadcasting stations esp since they pay journalists who do investigative research and also get the platform to publish it. One of these journalists is the one who started the research on Russian doping in sports which led to the exclusion of the Russian team at the Winter Olympics this year (although the IOC is making exceptions now).
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 18 Jan 2018, 06:35

And we either have it via cable or rooftop dish, the reception via antenna was closed last year because it didn't work on HD.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilia Thu 18 Jan 2018, 13:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Matt Damon thinks George would make a great President..

Lilia
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 18 Jan 2018, 16:47

Carolhathaway - We have the choice of cable, dish or antenna. When we had to switch to HD we were given vouchers for HD antennas. Some people still use only the antenna but most use either cable or a dish, because the antennas didn't work too well. A lot also seem to be switching over to streaming services and getting their tv over the internet.

We don't have government sponsored tv. The Public Broadcasting System (PBS) was government funded, but they cut the funding so now it's mostly funded through donations. These channels (one national and local variations) bring us programming the private channels wouldn't carry: opera, ballet, concerts and programming from abroad along with in- depth coverage of public affairs. Charlie Rose's interview program was on PBS (now Christianne Amanpour). Downton Abbey was PBS.

It seems to me the more options we have, the more complicated and expensive it becomes.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 19 Jan 2018, 21:47

Well, Hulu had a 1-week free trial offer, so I tried it. Meh. A little too hard to go directly to what I want. Almost like when somebody buys a new house, and they want to show you every special nook and cranny, when all you asked to do was use the bathroom.

Plus, the few shows I want to watch on their 'live' feature... aren't. They stream the following day. I can go online to see them for free the next day, or certainly the next week.

I may subscribe to see 'Catch-22,' and catch up on 'The Mindy Project' and finally see 'The Handmaids' Tale,' but I'm cancelling today before they get my fortysomething bucks.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 19 Jan 2018, 22:09

Way2Old - You said Hulu programs stream free online. Where? Do they show up on YouTube or some other site?

I know I sound cheap, but I don't want to subscribe to a service I know I won't use except to watch this one series. One free week won't cover the whole series unless they stream all the episodes at once so it can be binge-watched. So, if there is some other place where I can see Hulu programming, I'd like to know.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 20 Jan 2018, 15:33

Lizzy, I wish I could be more helpful and organized in my answer, but I'm too lazy and budget-conscious to be of much assistance. Generally, I'll go to the networks' sites for primetime shows. If you subscribe to a cable or pay TV service, they allow you to watch the program just after (the next day?) it airs, by putting in some sort of customer number. If not, the shows go into the online viewing episodes roster the week after they air.

Of course, most of the network and cable services have apps for download, which let you watch live. I don't have any of those, so I can't say anything good or bad about them. But if they're like my Hulu trial, there's a lot of buffering, and if you have to pause or replay a live show, there's a lot of subsequent jumping and things being out of synch, and the following 'live' show comes on while the previous is playing, and you have to back out to not watch it live, and... You get my drift. Too much aggravation to watch a TV show for this Luddite. 

Sometimes, you can find episodes on YouTube, but they're a hassle to find, and it's a race to find them before they're taken down for copyright reasons.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 20 Jan 2018, 18:31

Way2Old - Thanks for trying to help. I've got cable but hadn't checked out their "on demand" offerings in a while, so I just did. All they offer is the same channels as their regular lineup, some premium channels (ie HBO) and some pay per view options - no programming from streaming networks like Hulu or Netflix. I guess subscribing or getting lucky and finding it on YouTube are the only options.

Thanks again! Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 21 Jan 2018, 00:48

George on Hulu streaming ER:

“It was such an honor to be a part of this show. I was lucky to have worked with so many writers, actors and directors all at the top of their game,” said Clooney. “Most importantly I’ve made friends for a lifetime. I’m excited it will finally be streaming on Hulu.”
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 21 Jan 2018, 01:36

Sevens - ER has been running on one of our cable channels for months. They ran through the whole series and just started again from the beginning. It's on 6 days a week so anyone who gets POP TV can binge on it.

(PS - How are you? You've been pretty quiet lately. Busy?)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 22 Jan 2018, 04:57

Hi Lizzy I still haven't seen ER yet. It's just because there isn't much George news recently. And now I'm following sports such as NBA and soccer and putting much enthusiasm on LeBron's dunks and passes. Don't worry I still love George and you guys hopefully he could start shooting Catch 22 soon.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 22 Jan 2018, 05:26

LizzyNY wrote:PAN - Don't you guys have access to Netflix and those kinds of services? They're streamed on the internet, so if you subscribe you watch them on your computer or phone. The FireStick and other gadgets like it are supposed to make it possible to have your tv pick up the signal from your computer - basically a wireless antenna. At least that's how I think it works.

Do you have HD tv? When we changed over to HD you either had to get  special antennas (which weren't expensive, but didn't work very well - at least not here in the city) or get cable. Many of us already had cable service because the tv reception was much better and at the time it was reasonably priced. Not so much any more, but it still provides the best signal. It seems a lot of people are dropping cable service to get their tv from these streaming services because it's less expensive (Netflix is @$10 a month and Amaon Prime is $99 for a year and includes a lot of other stuff besides their tv and movie content) and you can watch whatever you want on your own schedule - but there is a lot of programming that isn't streamed so............
Lizzy we also have streaming service like Netflix that you can watch all the content on your TV , phone or laptop! Though some people including my family are still subscribing the cable service. All we need is the same dish, for which you can choose streaming or cable service. The yearly fee for  dish streaming is less expensive. As for the HD channels, there's quite a few of them but I rarely watch them unless It's documentary or live sport.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 22 Jan 2018, 05:32

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old - Thanks for trying to help. I've got cable but hadn't checked out their "on demand" offerings in a while, so I just did. All they offer is the same channels as their regular lineup, some premium channels (ie HBO) and some pay per view options - no programming from streaming networks like Hulu or Netflix. I guess subscribing or getting lucky and finding it on YouTube are the only options.

Thanks again! Thumbs up!
Lizzy I downloaded and watched all the episodes of House of Cards and Black Mirror series for free. Don't think Netflix is available here.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 22 Jan 2018, 17:25

I love this picture:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 09 Mar 2018, 18:48

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Fri 09 Mar 2018, 20:15

george will be in Sardinia to direct Catch 22

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 09 Mar 2018, 20:43

benex wrote:george will be in Sardinia to direct Catch 22
Shocked looks like an isolated island.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 21:24; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 09 Mar 2018, 21:13

Oh really ?

All already set too scratch

Btw

Pedro in that pic?

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 10 Mar 2018, 16:37

I finally watched ‘Catch 22’ several weeks ago. Having never read the book I didn’t know what to expect.  It did have a great cast.  It was pretty much over the top, loaded with lots of dark humor, messy and kind of weird IMO.  I checked out a few reviews of the original movie.   Most were kind enough saying it was pretty dark, satirical, surreal in its message that war is crazy but fell way short of the novel.  I wonder how George will tackle his take.  Will he follow the book and tone of the story more closely than Mike Nichols did in his movie adaption?  

Bottom line even though I didn’t read the book it sounds like this story is a tough one to translate successfully  from book to screeen.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Sat 10 Mar 2018, 22:31

Christopher Abbott was just cast as the lead role in Catch-22...

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilia Sun 11 Mar 2018, 17:43

Lilia
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 11 Mar 2018, 17:54

Thanks Lilia.  That pic must have been taken recently.  George’s haircut and beard similar to pic at the pre Oscar party over a week ago.  Sardinia, Cornwall.  Our guy is getting around ....

Nice to hear from you kat!  Abbott looks a bit like Alan Arkin did when he played the lead in the original ‘Catch-22’.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 12 Mar 2018, 10:11

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 12 Mar 2018, 13:22

Nice article Thumbs up!

Thanks Smile

So
In Italy
Right now
And maybe searching for more locations

Interesting

But
Only about airports ? Rolling Eyes
There are no airports near my house Crying or Very sad
What a pity Neutral
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Mar 2018, 19:41

Another director joins the team..............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2018, 20:31

Two each ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 16 Mar 2018, 21:00

With her extensive background as a cinematographer maybe Kuras will be directing the episodes with action sequences. Grant can direct the episodes where George has more screen time so George can focus on acting, and George can direct the rest. Or not! Very Happy
(Just guessing.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next