George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu

+3
LizzyNY
benex
Admin
7 posters

Go down

All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu Empty All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu

Post by Admin Thu 29 Mar 2018, 06:35

Another reminder, if you can access Hulu . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu (Video)

TCA 2018: George Clooney’s star-making turn is available on streaming for the first time
Tony Maglio | Last Updated: January 15, 2018 @ 2:15 PM

Thanks to Hulu, there will now always be a doctor in the house. All 330 episodes of medical drama “ER” are available on the streaming platform as of today.

Hulu’s deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution marks the first time the most-nominated drama in Emmy Awards history will be available via streaming.

For those who didn’t have a pulse between 1994 and 2009, “ER” follows the inner workings of an urban teaching hospital in Chicago and the critical issues faced by the dedicated physicians and staff of its overburdened emergency room. Readers can remember the series via the video above.

“ER,” which made stars out of George Clooney, Anthony Edwards, Julianna Margulies and Noah Wyle, among others, was created by Michael Crichton — yes, the guy who wrote “Jurassic Park” and the original “Westworld.” The show was produced by Constant c Productions and Stephen Spielberg’s Amblin Television, in association with Warner Bros. Television.

“It was such an honor to be a part of this show. I was lucky to have worked with so many writers, actors and directors all at the top of their game,” Clooney said in a Sunday media release timed to the Television Critics Association press tour. “Most importantly I’ve made friends for a lifetime. I’m excited it will finally be streaming on Hulu.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu Empty Re: All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu

Post by it's me Thu 29 Mar 2018, 08:20

Nice memories..........
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu Empty Re: All 330 ‘ER’ Episodes Resuscitated by Hulu

Post by benex Fri 18 May 2018, 15:28

[size=30]Emma Caulfield Ford rewatches ‘ER’ decades later: Here’s how it holds up[/size]

Now that the medical drama is on Hulu, the 'Buffy' actress is rewatching the NBC show

By Emma Caulfield    Published on 05/15/2018 at 10:00 AM EDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Warner Bros. TV; Karri Bowman
As a cult favorite in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (as Anya) and Once Upon a Time (as the Blind Witch), actress Emma Caulfield Ford knows her way around a TV show—and she often has strong feelings about shows she watches. Recently, the mother of a 2-year-old girl has been binge-watching ER on Hulu. Here, she shares with Grok Nation readers how the classic NBC drama holds up decades later.
[size=39]O
nce upon a time there was a vacant 10 p.m. time slot on NBC. Those of us who lived through this trying time, often wandered around aimlessly, with no purpose or sense of joy. We were forced to talk to people on our phones, go out to bars, socialize with friends, eat again or try to go to bed early. In general we looked for something to fill this nameless void. Then suddenly one night, a portent swept through the LA fog and the rest of a weary nation. NBC aired a new show. It promised to be unlike any show we had seen before
They called it ER. It stood for Emergency Room. And since we clearly needed medical intervention for our woes, this show was the panacea we were looking for.
The medical drama, set in the fast paced world of County General Hospital in Chicago, premiered on NBC on September 19, 1994. It followed the lives of the hospital’s dedicated doctors, nurses and staff—played by people such as Anthony Edwards, George Clooney, Julianna Margulies, Sherry Stringfield, Noah Wyle, Eriq La Salle, Ming Na-Wen, and more—as they battled each other, unruly patients, budget cuts, rising crime and their own exhaustion.
It was a glorious time, and this is how I remember it:
Oh everything is so green! Love the title sequence! Blood! Oh, look, it’s what’s his name from Roseanne and Facts of Life! The camera is everywhere at once! And there’s Goose from Top Gun as Dr. Greene! Please save that pregnant woman! Oh, no, she died. “Love’s Labor Lost,” indeed! Oh, my, they’re sawing off that guy’s leg!
Doug Ross! Doug Ross! Doug Ross likes that pretty nurse Carol Hathaway! She’s a great actress that Margulies. Oh, no, Hathaway tried to kill herself! Doug blames himself because he sucks at life and broke her heart.
Paging Doctor Carter! You’re so cute and bumbling—but get your shit together, Carter! Benton is always mad at you! (I think they’ll be best friends someday.) Paging Dr. Benton; they need a surgical consult! Blood. Blood. More blood. Paging Dr. Susan Lewis: Don’t trust your sister!
Welcome, Physicians Assistant Jeanie Boulet! You’re such a nice person, and I’m so happy you make Peter happy. Oh, no, Jeanie’s husband Al has AIDS, and it turns out Jeanie has HIV! Luckily, Peter is in the clear—but, sadly, looks like they’re breaking up. And now they want to fire you, Jeanie. Fight for your job, girl!
Oh, no, Susan’s crazy sister abandoned her baby! Yay, Susan is going to adopt her! Oh, no, sister is back and wants her baby! Sad Susan! And now Susan is leaving to be with sober and sane sister and baby! Bye, Susan!
[/size]
George Clooney as Doug Ross on ‘ER’ Warner Bros. TV
[size]
Doug Ross is a really good doctor! You better break those rules, Doug Ross! Stop breaking the rules, Doug Ross! You’re going to get fired! Bye, Doug Ross. (Enjoy your movie career, Clooney!)
Peter Benton is a brilliant surgeon. Peter Benton is such a dick. Peter Benton needs a life lesson.
Nice to meet you, Dr. Weaver. Sorry, no one in the ER likes you—and that you can’t get promoted! But keep fighting, Dr. Weaver; you’re a great doctor.
Hathaway is pregnant with twins! Hathaway is going to raise them on her own. Hathaway is the ER’s MVP. Hathaway can’t do it all by herself. She still loves Doug and wants to be with him. Bye, Nurse Hathaway! (Good luck with your future TV career, Julianna Margulies!)

Doctor Carter is a great doctor now! And since we’ve learned Dr. Benton has a deaf son and he’s found his humanity, I think I really like him.
Who are these new cast members? I’m not into this show so much anymore. Hey, you wanna grab a drink? I think I’m hungry again. I think I’ll call my sister. Maybe I’ll just go to bed.
Phew. That’s a lot of memories. Cue years passing, the internet exploding, life evolving, new favorite shows coming and going, and networks deciding to reboot everything. Hi, Hulu, what do you have to offer us? HOLD UP—ER is now on Hulu?!? I had not watched ER since its original run (which was from 1994-2009). When the streaming service added all 15 seasons in January, I wondered, “How does it hold up in 2018?” So down the rabbit hole I went.

The Good

All the characters I loved, I happily loved even more the second time around. Their chemistry was explosive and magical. Their struggles, humor and tragedies played out in the most human way, thus allowing the viewers (me in this case), to feel connected to them. They were a family and succeeded in translating that mostly functional connection through the screen. The female characters were richly detailed for the most part.
Sorry you got stabbed and died Lucy, but your character was a cringeworthy mistake. The same goes for Anna Del Amico, who started off strong, then dissolved into the only-here-to-push-a-male-storyline-forward vortex.
This was almost the fate of Dr. Elizabeth Corday as well. Thankfully the writers implemented a course correction for the wonderful Alex Kingston and allowed her to shine.

Speaking of shine, can we talk about Laura Innes and her portrayal of Dr. Weaver? FIERCE. There was no indication that Weaver was gay in the first few seasons. The revelation of her sexual identity was met with prejudice and discord from, not only Weaver, but also, the staff and society as a whole. To showcase this journey in a respectful and aware manner was a bold move for ER, as well as NBC. In television’s modern landscape today, it’s easy to take for granted the progress made in telling stories like Weaver’s. And while there is much progress still to be made, that progress was lessened by the vision of ER and bold executives and brilliant actors who were up to the task.
The rest of the female characters, mainly Hathaway, Lewis, Genie, Chen, Abby and the entire nursing staff, were also engaging, real and interesting enough to stand up to modern scrutiny. Can we get a loud, #METOO y’all!?

The Bad

I can’t say much falls under the bad category. However, there was a tendency to cast short-lived female roles as “crazy” for no apparent reason (Mare Winningham, “Dr. Amanda Lee”; Julie Delpy, “Nicole with no last name”). Even Carla, Reese’s baby mama, was questionably rational. No hard feelings Lisa Nicole Carson, you’re amazing. I take no issue with making any character male or female, mentally unhinged, if it’s done with a purpose. If it makes sense and is done thoughtfully, you have at the very least, an interesting story conflict. These characters were slighted and denied proper depth and explanation for their motives. There was a tonal shift and an excessive use of telegraphing emotions through fondue cheesy music. The earlier seasons were exempt from this lazy story execution. The later seasons were soaked in it, and though I love cheese, I prefer to eat it, not watch it.
[/size]
Eriq La Salle as Peter Benton on ‘ER’ Warner Bros. TV
[size]

The Peter Benton

With my first experience of ER, I was primarily focused on Doug Ross and Carol Hathaway. I enjoyed Peter Benton, played by the brilliant Eriq La Salle, but I didn’t appreciate him the way I did the second time around. Benton was such a dynamic character, that his sphere of influence greatly affected everyone around him. He was brash, arrogant, competitive, exacting and ultimately deeply empathetic. The cracks in his tough veneer, shown through with his family struggles, his concern for his aging mother, his respect and devotion to Dr. Carter and finally with his deaf son, Reese.
Benton for me, was the show’s real MVP who artfully articulated the black man’s experience in the workplace and in the world. Having watched many shows through out my life, ER‘s representation of a well-rounded black man, as a lead character no less, stands out to me now more than ever. In my dream world I can imagine a show that pairs Peter Benton with This Is Us‘s Randall Pearson (next level Sterling K. Brown). In that world, NBC would once again announce that this show would be like nothing we had seen before. Two brilliant actors, two brilliant characters, with no capes or superpowers between them, just dominating life and our screens.[/size]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 18 May 2018, 18:55

There should be a spoiler alert on this article for anyone who hasn't seen the show. She outlined all the important events before she got around to saying whether or not she thought the show holds up. No surprise she said it does .

Very Happy Of course the show holds up. It was brilliant - especially the first few years! And what an amazing cast! Check out the list of actors who guest starred or had a small recurring part. Half the actors in Hollywood were on that show at one time or other.

I watched it when it first came on tv, I watched it all the way through on cable recently, and I still watch occasionally if there's an episode I especially like. IMO it's one of the best tv shows ever.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 18 May 2018, 19:10

Anytime i can't remember where I've already saw an actor, I check their wikipedia pages to find out that they've appeared on ER. There's literally not a single actor out there that hasn't been on that show, when it was on air. 

And I agree with you, Lizzy. It's definitely one of my favorite Tv show of all time. And it was so progressive: a lot of female lead characters (one of which was a lesbian who has to fought for her rights), black lead characters, others with AIDS, drug problems, victim of abuse and domestic violence, the war in Croatia, the crisis in Darfur and Africa...

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Aug 2018, 07:46

Ace my place ?

Laughing

Elliot Gould cheers

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 11 Aug 2018, 12:34

Interesting. I knew George had done "E/R", but I didn't realize he had worked with Elliot Gould before the "Ocean's" movies.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 11 Aug 2018, 13:00

Great research, Its Me.

Yep, it is interesting, cos when the ER series came out, George was probably using a bit of leverage, and we know he was the type to chat up the female staff and find out stuff - and even pretend to be someone else raving about himself!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 13 Aug 2018, 00:24

The devil 

You are welcome  Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 13 Aug 2018, 06:24

scratch
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 13 Aug 2018, 09:11

Read

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down