George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal

5 posters

Go down

How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal Empty How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal

Post by Katiedot Sun 30 Apr 2017, 07:26

Hmm, a bit of a rose-tinted view, no?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=33]How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal[/size]
By Amanda Moore, Parent Herald April 29, 2017

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney used to believe he's not marriage material but that changed when he met Amal. PICTURED: Clooney and his wife attend the "Money Monster" premiere on May 12, 2016 in Cannes, France.
(Photo : Clemens Bilan/Getty Images)

Everyone in Hollywood says George Clooney became a changed man after meeting and marrying his wife Amal Alammudin Clooney. The former Most Eligible Bachelor is set to welcome his first-born twins this summer when he once said he doesn't have that parenting gene in him.

Clooney expressed in an exclusive with Esquire in January 2014, and months before meeting Amal, he had "no aspirations" to marry. Having gone through a bad marriage in 1989, the actor and philanthropist admitted believing he's not good in a marriage. In September that year, Clooney exchanged vows with Amal following a whirlwind courtship that started in the summer.
Clooney was also once quoted saying having kids is a big responsibility and he's not up to the task. "I don't have that thing in me that says, 'must do it.' I don't see myself ever having kids," he told People. Fast forward to 2017 and Clooney's reps announced he and Amal are preparing for the birth of the twins in the summer. Clooney's friends noticed he's mellowed down with his pranks since confirming he's going to be a dad, Parent Herald reported.
The "Ocean's 11" star said he knew he "wanted to spend the rest of my life with Amal" when he met her, as per Marie Claire. His proposal took her by surprise.

Meanwhile, Clooney got plenty of advice from his pals and other parents of twins with the impending arrival of his babies. Monaco's Prince Albert, himself a dad of two, told the actor to store up energy now by sleeping a lot. He also recommended Clooney reads Joe Rawlinson's "A Dad's Guide To Twins," as per Female First.
The expecting parents plan to raise their kids in London in their first few years, as per E! News. Amal, who is an international human rights lawyer, works for the Doughty Street Chambers located in the city.
It's not confirmed, however, if the children will also attend school in London once they are old enough. The Clooneys travel a lot for work and they also have properties in California and Italy, among other places.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal Empty Re: How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal

Post by Katiedot Sun 30 Apr 2017, 07:33

So, having given this apparent 180-degree turnaround in George's opinions, my tuppence-worth is as follows:

I think that some people (many people, perhaps?) will cover difficult or painful situations with a breezy, "Oh, I never wanted that anyway". I suspect that George for a long time had been wanting to settle, but that's not something he could say out loud to the media (who the hell tells journalists their inner thoughts anyway?) otherwise it would be open season on Clooney for every wannabe trophy wife out there. Plus, I think the single life for him was a lot of fun for a while and he seems to be ultra-cautious about getting involved.

So, recently I don't know that he necessarily was always telling the exact truth to journalists that he didn't want to marry or have kids as it may simply have been easier for him to carry on with the same old line.

Just my opinion of course.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal Empty Re: How George Clooney's Outlook On Marriage And Children Changed After Meeting Wife Amal

Post by annemarie Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:20

I agree Katie , he grew up in a happy family with parent's who have been married a long time. I think he wanted that
with his first marriage but wasn't ready for marriage at the time.

He was hurt so he said never, for me the fact that his father knew he would some day remarry says it all. He knew his son better than any of the fans. 

George also said saying he would never marry again was a dumb thing to say .

I think by the time he met Amal he was old enough and wise enough to know what he wanted and that it would take work and he was ready for all of it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 30 Apr 2017, 16:09

I don't believe he simply change his attitude to an institution....He changed EVERYTHING....that I find mind boggling....

On a first date with George, hmmm, maybe I would think he was not quiet what I expected....a tad shorter in the leg than one might think....a tad less grey....By and large I think I would like him....just the way he was when we met....that first breathless conversation....."Don't change a hair for me, not if you care for me".....

Might read...."Change every damn thing for me, if your really really care for me....Cos' you just ain't enough for me".....And he did.....

Mmmm, something not right about that....j.m unchanged opinion....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 05 May 2017, 20:10

I agree, Katie. He was only recently divorced when he made the "I'm never getting married" statement in that Barbara Walters interview, and who hasn't gone through that "I'm NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN!" period after a bad breakup? Plus, after having to respond to/defend that statement for the following 20 years, he learned the hard way not to share every thought about his personal life with the press.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 05 May 2017, 20:20

He is going to look sooo cute with his twins .   Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down