George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George involved in money-laundering? 3-23-17

+7
LizzyNY
fava
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
carolhathaway
Katiedot
melbert
11 posters

Go down

George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 Empty George involved in money-laundering? 3-23-17

Post by melbert Fri 24 Mar 2017, 02:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney NOT Under FBI Investigation For Money Laundering, Despite Report
Truth rating: 0
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     
By Shari Weiss | 10:36 am, March 23rd, 2017

EXCLUSIVE

George Clooney is NOT under an FBI investigation for money laundering, despite a made-up report. Gossip Cop can exclusively bust the falsified story. We’re told the claim is “fabricated.”

The allegation can be found on the front of the new National Enquirer, while the headline inside the supermarket tabloid announces, “FBI Probes Generous George’s $1 Million Cash Gifts!” According to the accompanying story, “Moneybags George Clooney has been dragged into an FBI probe, after gifting stunned dinner party guests with $1 MILLION in cash stuffed in a designer bag!” The article further claims there’s a “hush-hush government investigation” surrounding the star and “the hoity-toity dinner party that spawned it.”

The alleged event was supposedly held to celebrate the success of Casamigos, Clooney’s tequila line. The publication contends that the actor, known for his “generous nature,” had a “desire to spread the wealth.” A so-called “source” is then quoted as telling the tabloid, “Being the practical joker he is, George would’ve known that doling out $1 million in cash to each guest would’ve caused some intrigue and embarrassment when they went to deposit the money at a bank. There is a protocol, and the FBI would’ve been called in to question the depositor.”

“But in the end, it was proven that George did, in fact, throw a party and gave everyone $1 million in cash, not to mention a designer bag,” claims the gossip magazine’s alleged source. The purported tipster asserts, “This is the last thing that George needs right now. He’s got twins on the way and G-men at his proverbial doorstep!”

No, the last thing Clooney needs is manufactured stories like this one. The article is peppered with eyebrow-raising phrases like “FBI money-laundering probe,” “money laundering scandal,” and “federal attention.” And yet there’s no real probe or scandal, and the Oscar winner hasn’t attracted any “federal attention.” Asked about the National Enquirer’s contention that Clooney is under an FBI investigation for money laundering, a rep exclusively tells Gossip Cop, “The story is fabricated.”

This, of course, is not the first time the tabloid has published an outrageous and untrue tale about the movie star. In 2015, for instance, Gossip Cop busted a cover story that claimed Clooney was caught in a gay affair. And nearly a year ago we debunked a cover story that falsely alleged Clooney was cheating and getting divorced from Amal. The couple, of course, is still together, and currently preparing to welcome their twins. So, no, Clooney definitely doesn’t need this faux scandal right now.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 Empty Re: George involved in money-laundering? 3-23-17

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 Mar 2017, 03:47

“But in the end, it was proven that George did, in fact, throw a party and gave everyone $1 million in cash, not to mention a designer bag,” claims the gossip magazine’s alleged source.

So . . . was there or was there not a dinner party of some sort?  Gossip Cop doesn't seem to know.

[not bothered about the allegations of George giving away cash as I think that's a work of fiction from start to finish]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George involved in money-laundering?  3-23-17 Empty Re: George involved in money-laundering? 3-23-17

Post by carolhathaway Fri 24 Mar 2017, 06:21

Was there a report about this issue BEFORE gossipcom denied it? Because that's what I meant the other day when I said: "It's nice to spread rumors by denying them." At least I haven't read anything about this issue.

Plus:
At the beginning of the article they call it a falsified story and a fabricated claim, while at the end they say that it was proven that George threw this party and gave everyone 1 $ in cash. That's contradictory.

B... t IMO...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 Mar 2017, 10:31

Yeah, it was badly written. I think there probably was a story in the Enquirer first (I can't access their site because I'm outside the US and our US fans don't seem to want to post this stuff here).

The sentence about it being proven that George threw this party and gave out the cash is a quote from the Enquirer and not the opinion of Gossip Cop. I had to read that a couple of times because it does seem like they're contradicting themselves.

Also - reading this again, does anyone know why the Enquirer thinks that George's doorstep is proverbial?!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 24 Mar 2017, 10:49

..........because they couldn't put a swear word?..as in the proverbial hitting the fan......or maybe they were mixing it up with innumerable......'cos it ends in ble/bial?......editor to rookie writer:'every intern needs to use a long word in each sentence'.......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:32

Hahaha - very possibly, PAN, very possibly!

Gossip Cop seem to have changed their writing style too. I can't really take anyone seriously when they talk about 'outrageous tales' and use the word 'debunked'.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 24 Mar 2017, 13:45

If Trump believes the National Enquirer to be a legitimate media source then this story must be true. Evil or Very Mad As I recall wasn't it the Enquirer who claimed that Sen. Cruz's father played a part in the Kennedy assassination?

I thought Rande took the Casamigos employees to Cabo late last year as a big thank for contributing to the success of the business. I don't remember George even being there.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 24 Mar 2017, 14:04

Does the author of the article busted by Gossip Cop even know what money laundering is?  Even if true, a cash gift is not money laundering.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 24 Mar 2017, 14:42

Okay, I googled these websites. 'Gossipcop' is a site which verifies articles, reports and rumors that were brought up by other medias.
And the 'National Enquirer' really seems to report the greatest bulls..t on this planet (next to 'The Sun' and other magazines).
I read both websites and feel the need of taking a shower due to all the dirt and rubbish I read there. Discusting! When I clicked on the National Enquirers website, I got to 'radaronline'. Is that the same?
I just couldn't find an article about this issue in this site (maybe it's just in the printed Version?), the besser ist about 'George feeling sympathetic pregnancy syndroms', and before nothing like that as well.

So I guess we can rest this rumor to peace...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 24 Mar 2017, 14:51

Carolhathaway - Relax. 99% of what the Enquirer publishes is fiction. Gossip Cop could spend the next hundred years debunking the stories printed there. If Trump believes what he reads there, it's just another reason he should be impeached (at the very least) for being too stupid to live!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 24 Mar 2017, 15:04

There is so much fake news, it's difficult to determine what's real and what's completely fake.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 24 Mar 2017, 16:30

Ladybug - It's easier if you choose your sources carefully. Supermarket tabloids are not the best place to look for the truth. Try the established, well respected media like the Times and the Washington Post or the Wall Street Journal. There are many other respectable news outlets. If their primary existence is online and fairly recently begun, view what is said with a grain o salt until it is proven to be true.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 24 Mar 2017, 19:13

I think what happened was that George left 5 bucks in his  jeans and threw them in the wash   .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 24 Mar 2017, 19:17

If only impeachment for being stupid.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 24 Mar 2017, 22:03

HaHaHaHaHa!! Money laundering? Didn't they forget a step? It's not 'laundered' until the people you pass it to do something to make it 'clean' and then give it back... minus their cleaning fee.

If you're going to make shit up, at least be thorough about it.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down