George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Selling House in Mexico

+16
Doug Ross
isogotit
melbert
amaretti
mel01
Joanna
it's me
Missa
Leon Felini
Sevens
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
annemarie
Nicky80
LornaDoone
Tulips
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Selling House in Mexico

Post by annemarie Sun 12 Jul 2015, 12:39

LizzyNy , that's what I think as well , I don't see George hurting for cash . I think someone just wanted to sell a Story and came up with this one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Selling House in Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Selling House in Mexico

Post by Donnamarie Sun 12 Jul 2015, 14:59

I don't think (I really don't know but an educated guess) that neither Rande or George are hurting for money.  And between the two of them they have loads of friends and family who could benefit using their homes when these two aren't.  So I still feel that this story is just rumor.

The only reason I could see George selling is that in the equation of how much time he will spend in LA, Sonning and Como that Cabo time just wouldn't add up to much.  So he figured the few times Amal and George can fit in a trip to Cabo they will stay at the Gerber house.  I just don't buy my own reasoning.  Hahahaha
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 12 Jul 2015, 15:13

Not to mention the business is in Mexico so they are going to have to be there from time to time. I know it's a different part of Mexico but still .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 13 Jul 2015, 18:29

Okay, confirmation and explanation today in Page Six:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney plans to sell Cabo getaway

George Clooney is selling his vacation home in Cabo, Mexico, sources confirmed to Page Six.

We’re told Clooney plans to spend more time with wife Amal at their homes in England and Los Angeles, but the couple will still vacation in Cabo — they’ll stay with neighbors and best friends Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford.

Both Clooney and Gerber’s homes were designed by famed architect Ricardo Legorreta and are the last two homes he designed before he passed away.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Mon 13 Jul 2015, 18:33

Just read online that George is selling two houses because tomorrow land and monument men were two big financial flops. I know don't believe anything you read. So will wait to see if there is any truth.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 13 Jul 2015, 18:35

Prefer to believe the official statement from Stan in Page Six

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 13 Jul 2015, 18:39

Oh this was from Stan...didn't know....missed that. The article is short anyway...mmhh

OK so he is really selling.

By the way PAN I like the combination of Stan and Page Six lol! Poor Stan hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 13 Jul 2015, 19:22

It's by Stan the confirmation? I  thought the article said "sources"...

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 13 Jul 2015, 19:45

Well I'm bummed!  Damn.  Don't know why.  Not my house.  But I love it.  So beautiful.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Mon 13 Jul 2015, 19:46

That doesn't read like an official confirmation. If it was from Stan they would've mentioned him...

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 13 Jul 2015, 20:02

True, but neither has there been a Gossip Cop type denial.

Maybe just a low key statement while Stan's away. Who knows, but the two sources over a week or so are vaguely reliable(?).

It makes sense if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a bit of tinkering with the building..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 13 Jul 2015, 20:11

Page Six is a part of the NY Post isn't it?  Not exactly a reliable source.  I'm far more apt to believe the story if it was confirmed by People.  They usually hold out until they get some reliable source to confirm a rumor.  I just don't want this to be true.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Mon 13 Jul 2015, 20:22

Page six are also the ones who reported that he was gonna sell the villa in Como....I don't think they're that reliable, I think they're just grasping for straws

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 13 Jul 2015, 20:49

Page six is the new york post gossp page not reliable . If Stan was confirming it would say Stan , this article is the same as the other with sources.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 13 Jul 2015, 21:19

Mailonline:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 13 Jul 2015, 21:26

........and a fun piece in Vanity Fair.....

George Clooney May Be Selling Another Vacation Home

Something is happening to George Clooney. Just two weeks ago, we learned that he might be selling his famous Lake Como villa, the debonair vacation home that spoke of his Continental sophistication, his appreciation for the finer, more refined things in life. And now, just this morning, we are hearing reports that Clooney is unloading his beach house in Cabo San Lucas, supposedly so he can spend more time with his wife, Amal Clooney, in Los Angeles and England.

In some ways, the Cabo house served the opposite purpose of the Italy house: It was the house built by Clooney’s tequila investment with Rande Gerber, hotelier/restaurateur husband of Cindy Crawford. It represented George’s puckish, party-boy side, the perpetual bachelor hitting Mexico once in a while in a designer home right next to Gerber and his model wife. Page Six says he’ll stay with them when he visits Cabo now, so there will still be Mexican weekends in his future, but it won’t be the same.

George Clooney is changing. To everything a season, etc. The Clooney of old, who could just jet off to some vacation retreat whenever he wanted, free as an unmarried bird, is gone now. In his place is a George Clooney of responsibilities and commitments, one who doesn’t have the time to whoop it up in Cabo or drink luxuriously in Italy. He has to be, he wants to be, with his wife, whether that’s in the U.K. or in California or wherever. His heart lies with another person; it is no longer guided by a bachelor’s whims.

So it’s arrivederci Italian palace; adios Cabo crib. Sure he’ll still visit, but only when he can, and it will be less on his terms. I don’t think we need to start blaming Amal’s overbearing hand for this, though. She fell in love with the famous bachelor with the vacation homes and agreed to marry him. I think this is George himself doing this, making decisions, making changes, altering his life to accommodate its new patterns and rhythms. And, y’know, maybe the back-to-back oopses of Monuments Men and Tomorrowland had some influence in this, too. Gotta shore up the finances in hard times, make sure things are lean and orderly. Yet another mature decision.

So, this is all for the good, probably. Why not start a new chapter of the Clooney story. It is strange, though, to think about Clooney going back to Cabo, staying with Rande and Cindy, at the house right next to the one he used to own. Can he see it from their deck? Will he stare at it with a mix of contentment and longing? Not for the house, really, but for the man who used to live in it. An old friend, someone George Clooney used to know. He’ll sigh and take a sip of Casamigos and Cindy and Amal and Rande will walk out onto the deck, Rande saying “Whatcha thinking, George?” And he’ll smile that famous crinkly smile and say, “I’m thinking about how lucky I’ve been, Rande. How lucky I am.” They’ll nod and say “here, here,” toasting to all their miraculous luck, and then the night will flow on, laughter and food and more drinks. Four people in love, enjoying the night, while below them the waves crash away forever, slowly turning everything, even the biggest of stones, to sand.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 14 Jul 2015, 19:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 13 Jul 2015, 21:36

Thanks for the posts PAN. The Vanity Fair piece rings true as far as where G is in his life right now.  It all makes sense of course.  So if he sells Como that too will make sense for the obvious reasons. 

Just makes me sad in some ways.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Mon 13 Jul 2015, 22:34

I don't believe the Como story, but the Cabo one makes sense to me.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 13 Jul 2015, 23:46

Yep, the gossip mongers went for the wrong couple of letters!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 14 Jul 2015, 11:41

Another article.

George Clooney lists his Cabo retreat for $50 million

July 14, 2015 - 2:54PM

George Clooney is selling his Cabo, Mexico home, reportedly so he can spend more time in England and LA.

Early this month, it was reported that George Clooney was considering selling his luxury Lake Como mansion. It now seems his lavish Cabo retreat is on the market also.

The seven-bed, 10-bath spread designed by famed architect Ricardo Legoretta is up for grabs. Potential buyers require a personal invitation, and must have $US50 million ($67.3 million) to spare.

It has been reported that Clooney plans to spend more time with his wife Amal in England and LA.

It seems marriage really can shed a man's old skin. Or in this case, old real estate.

Clooney's entrance hall (left). Twine-wrapped lanterns are suspended from the slatted canopy over Clooney's courtyard (right), which features a Legorreta-designed cement-plaster table and L-shaped sofa, the latter topped with cushions in a Holly Hunt fabric and vintage pillows from John Robshaw; the armchairs are by Ralph Lauren Home.

A wrought-iron chandelier by Lucca Antiques graces his dining room.

Clooney's kitchen (left), by Henrybuilt, appointed with a Viking cooktop and cabinetry faced in parota, and kitchen dining area.

The actor's bar area is furnished with a custom-made sectional sofa upholstered in a Ralph Lauren Home fabric and a pair of vintage suede lounge chairs. The barstools were made locally.

Travertine from central Mexico anchors Clooney's outdoor living area and fire pit.

Clooney's home theatre is outfitted with a 14-foot Da-Lite screen and CinemaTech seats.

Clooney's travertine-top bar (left) is stocked with Casamigos tequila. A skylight illuminates a stairwell in Clooney's home (right).

Clooney's bed, featuring a woven-leather headboard, is flanked by Legorreta-designed tables and Lika Moore lamps from Blackman Cruz; the throw pillows are by John Robshaw.

In the actor's master bath (left), Urban Archaeology sconces overlook the parota vanity, which has Waterworks sinks and fittings; the credenza is by Marcenaria São Paulo, the stool is by Tucker Robbins, and the rugs are by theNatural Carpet Co. The gym (right) is equipped with machines by Life Fitness.

The actor's master bath terrace, shaded by a parota brise-soleil, has a travertine Jacuzzi lined in blue mosaic tiles; the side table is by Tucker Robbins, and the lanterns are by Casamidy.

Santa Barbara Designs umbrellas complement custom-made Jasper teak seating on the pool terrace (left). The facade of Clooney's house (right) features Morisca quartzite from Brazil.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 14 Jul 2015, 19:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 14 Jul 2015, 13:03

Good find, Silje............confirmation if ever I saw it......wonder if a friend will buy it

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Tue 14 Jul 2015, 14:32

I'm sad about this...wouldn't even have minded if he sold the Como home, but Cabo??
  Probably neither of them are really the beach-loving type. But it still sucks considering they keep talking about their house of friends with the neighbouring homes as publicity for their tequila.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 14 Jul 2015, 14:47

Well it's official they have so many homes I guess they can't be in all of them. I still hope they keep Oleandra. George did say there were many places he and Amal would like to visit , they may take the time they spent there to go and see those places instead of staying in one place.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 14 Jul 2015, 15:05

I'm sure the Gerber house will embrace the Clooneys.  It will be one house of friends.

Remains to be seen if Como goes too.  It's is a bit telling that when the "sources" confirmed the Cabo story to Page Six they didn't deny the Como story.  They didn't address it at all.  If that story was false that would have been an opportunity to address it.

The Vanity Fair piece that PAN posted yesterday though  speculative thinking is probably in many ways true to how George has changed his lifestyle.  He has probably changed in ways we aren't even aware of.  And of his own doing.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 14 Jul 2015, 15:34

We change and grow as we get older the homes were pretty much for when he was single and had no reason not to go when he felt like it. 

He and Amal have busy lives and want to see other places so owning vacation homes may be unnecessary when there are many places they want to visit and enjoy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Jul 2015, 15:42

I think at the age of 50, if one isn't settled 
in marriage and kids etc, it can become an important
time to change ones lifestyle, priorities etc.

I think we're seeing this in George now.
Nothing wrong it any of that IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 14 Jul 2015, 16:27

I think there will be those fans who will not like to see George change the way he has lived all these years.  They love George for the man they have perceived him to be for so long.  I find it hard in some ways too.  The selling of these homes is a case in point.

On the other hand if George had not changed his lifestyle and continued as a single man forever he would have been criticized and even ridiculed.  That was already starting.  Golden Globes a year ago ........

Dating young women and going in and out of relationships for years to come can eventually look pretty unattractive.  He's in a good place now in his life.

I'm getting way off topic here. Sorry no more.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 14 Jul 2015, 17:38

Don't see him leaving Como any time soon if at all.

He has too much history (and ongoing projects) and emotion invested in it - and he loves the place.

He owns five separate buildings there (er, think it's five, maybe more). One entire building is his editing and sound studio), staff quarters, and built a car park for residents because the road is too narrow, as well as a basketball court for the viilage.

Ir's a great jumping off point travel wise too, be it links to Beirut, Paris, Sudan, London

Cabo's very different I think.

And I don't think he needs the money because of Tomorrowland or Monuments Men. I'm willing to bet the money from Disney would keep me very well - for life!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 14 Jul 2015, 18:42

The house is very large in Cabo .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 14 Jul 2015, 18:44

I don't think he is selling for money either, I think it's more about time and schedules. 

If they are not going to use the house why pay the upkeep it can't be cheap to take care of.

He has also used the home for family his parents are getting older perhaps all that travel is not easy for them, maybe they will spend more time in Augusta.

I don't think George would sell unless he felt it was the right time to let it go.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Jul 2015, 20:37

There have been many "hangers on" visiting his 
home in Cabo too.
Maybe many will drop off the friendship now !!

It happens....believe me.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 14 Jul 2015, 21:00

I think George is a pretty practical guy.  If he decided to sell it was because he just didn't think he and Amal would get that much use out of it.  He may spend his down time in different ways now that he's married.  And of course he can still go to Cabo and have access to Rande's house.  

Don't think money is an issue at all either.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 15 Jul 2015, 00:19

He owns five separate buildings there (er, think it's five, maybe more). One entire building is his editing and sound studio), staff quarters, and built a car park for residents because the road is too narrow, as well as a basketball court for the viilage.

5 ? Exclamation

and did he really built them ? scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 15 Jul 2015, 01:13

I don't know if there are five there is Oleandra the staff house the guest house which I think the studio is located in and villa margherita next door to Oleandra. He didn't build them he bought them and refurbished them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 15 Jul 2015, 01:22

I really hope he doesn't sell his home on Lake Como. He has said for years that buying it was the best decision he ever made and that it brings him great peace and joy. He needs a place like that. Maybe he thinks the Sonning house will take its place - although the climate certainly won't be the same.

If he does sell any of his property I really doubt it is for financial reasons. MM didn't do fabulous business, but it wasn't a disaster. As far as Tomorrowland is concerned, any losses are Disney's fault and Disney's problem. He was only hired help on that one. As long as he and Grant keep producing and writing their own projects he should be able to keep working.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 15 Jul 2015, 01:42

I'm with you Lizzy.  Absolutely.  

I would't think he sees the Sonning house the same way as he sees Como.  Totally different country and different vibe.  I wouldn't be surprised if he and Amal spend as much time in Sonning as they do in LA. i would think they would still want a summer place.

I don't know why his people don't knock down this rumor about Como if it's not true.  I've been fighting this rumor since it came out.  I just can't see him parting with this home that in the past has meant so much to him.
BUT,  none of us know what he's thinking.  He may have reasons why he wants to move on.  I was wrong about Cabo.  So I could be wrong about Como too.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 15 Jul 2015, 02:58

If you look at the thread on d'Oleandra, you'll see a map of how the estate is arranged and its extent. And, no he didn't build any of the houses. He had them renovated. But I think he contributed to the costs of the car park.

Here's a video of an Italian guide on a boat describing it, and the first thing you see is Villa Margherita and it's attached house (staff?) then the garden, the Villa and another house behind that. Then it's the road and the house on the other side with a bridge linking it is the studio building

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 16 Jul 2015, 13:15

George Clooney is not hurting for money. He keeps his considerable assets very fluid, and makes very deliberate financial management decisions. I think he not only has a cap on what he spends, but a minimum on what he keeps available. So (if the Cabo sale story is true) maybe with the new UK home, some balancing had to he done.

He has a high-maintainance wife to whom he's probably promised the world, but he's going to do it his way, I think. The thing that makes me think he's not selling is that he likes to be the host, not a guest; but this may be a concession on his part.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 16 Jul 2015, 13:53

W2o4D I don't see George having financial problems either, I think he is too smart for that. He worked hard for what he has and has always seemed aware of losing it all. I think he spends within his means and he and Amal lead a very comfortable life. Let's be real his means are incredible unlike mine lol.

There is one thing I don't like about the house the plants that block the view that would drive me crazy. I know he had to have them for privacy but that is the point of the ocean front house to me the view.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 17 Jul 2015, 19:46

I think of Cabo as the holiday/party house, and Como as the retreat. If something had to go, Cabo would make sense to me.

I imagine the Gerbers will have some say in the buyer, and some renovations will be in order.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 17 Jul 2015, 20:14

The article says  Potential buyers require a personal invitation. So does this mean George has to know the person who wants to buy the house?

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 17 Jul 2015, 20:35

I'm thinking it means that the potential buyer would have to be vetted by the agent (financially), George, and the Gerbers before they would be permitted to view the property and submit an offer.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 17 Jul 2015, 21:12

Thanks, w2o4d that makes sense.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2