George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 17:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 00:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin and her work

+61
melbert
Jenn
LornaDoone
Mazy
Sevens
Nicky80
fridadereval
Doug Ross
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
/
Alisonfan
Silje
LizzyNY
JMK
party animal - not!
Hebe
globalchick
lamby
pandabear
Dior
iamnoone
monaco
happycat
Catie
LJN2606
bamboochacha
bgarabedian
The next mrs clooney
isogotit
Margaret
premiere
Picachu
phys major
PigPen
Atalante
sparkie
Missa
ispy
jusquatoi2014
ace
bellybaby
silly willy
playfuldeb
Pita428
What Would He Say
lelacorb
chiki
cupcake
Pari
Maggy
madsky
NewFanForever
Lighterside
Carla97
theminis
Love hides in his hair.
catwoman
fava
Butterfly
silly girl
65 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin and her work

Post by Lighterside Fri 04 Apr 2014, 14:11

Alisonfan wrote:Please back on topic.

I was reading and responding to the thread, from the last point I had read yesterday and didn't realize there was a problem with the thread, until I read further down.  So yes, it was off topic and I didn't do that deliberately but was just responding to what was posted.  Welcome to the forum...

ETA: While I understand the need for order and organization, having said that, you do stifle conversation by trying to regiment the flow of natural conversation...which will inevitably meander all over the place while human beings are conversing. This isn't an elementary school...
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 04 Apr 2014, 14:37

I hope by 52 even George would be over the breasts man phase,  if he had one.  I am sure he has seen all types of breasts, legs and asses-more than we could imagine, and had his pick.  With age he probably is looking for a bit more, for a while or longer- who knows.

It does bother me that some keep picking on Amal's look.  I had no problem with the pseudo celebrity girlfriends before, but she has a normal occupation.  Her work, whether you agree with her or not, holds a bit more gravitas in the world than how she looks.

Not sure that anyone on here would liked to be picked apart piece meal, when your livelihood should have nothing to do with your looks.  To me it is demeaning and a bit sexist, as we never seem to do this with celebrity women who date non celebrities.  A man is allowed to look like anything pretty much, and it is always the women who rip each other a part in excruciating detail.  We should stop especially with women making in roads in male dominated work areas.  In the long run you are only hurting yourself.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 14:46

Ok can we get back on topic please. This thread is about Amal's work. 

If you like to continue the conversation about her look please go to the Amal section and pick one of the threads there. But not this one.

Thank you.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 15:18

Lighterside wrote:

I was reading and responding to the thread, from the last point I had read yesterday and didn't realize there was a problem with the thread, until I read further down.  So yes, it was off topic and I didn't do that deliberately but was just responding to what was posted.  Welcome to the forum...

ETA: While I understand the need for order and organization, having said that, you do stifle conversation by trying to regiment the flow of natural conversation...which will inevitably meander all over the place while human beings are conversing.  This isn't an elementary school...

I understand what you are saying. Of course we still can move this conversation to another thread so you all can continue talking about it. But I think in this case knowing that a specific user who is posting negative things about Amal most of the time should not get so much credit to continue this conversation about Amals body. This might gets our of hand. Just saying.....

But I do understand that some thread conversations change and people like to continue no matter what and in this case we can always move it to another thread to keep everyone happy.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Fri 04 Apr 2014, 16:20

theminis wrote:You know what, even though I know Katiedot will rap me on the hand for this, Goodbye Catwoman and your catty spiteful jealous comments, cant say its been a pleasure.

I have not read the other reviews because I'm lazy, but in relation to your comment, I can only say that I'm not envy of AA, because I'm much prettier than her and have breasts. The sad thing is that Mr. Clooney has not yet had the opportunity to meet me ..

you are envious and bitter, we usually use our own defects to offend others.

Glad someone agreed with what I said, grew green trace in my review, it shows that there are smart, beautiful, cheerful, sensible women in this Forum
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 16:28

Yes catwoman I noticed too how many greenies you got for you negative comments. Maybe you have two profiles and gave the greenie to yourself?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 16:29

Joanna wrote:Carla...many of our UK Members of Parliament are solicitors or barristers too.

Yes you are right, now that I think about it. Lot´s of them practice something else than law. That´s right. That cook got me confused. Not just in UK, but everywhere.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 Empty Amal Alamuddin and her work

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Apr 2014, 17:01

You know, I could have sworn that this was a forum about a really really good actor, film star, all round humanitarian and his life.......and not about us at all!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 04 Apr 2014, 17:38

And I could have sworn this thread was about Amal's work. Oh well I guess we both were mistaken. Hmmm
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Apr 2014, 18:22

OK - Back on topic - They've both dropped off the radar for the last couple of days. Is it possible that she's finally gone back to work? With such high profile cases, how long can she afford to be away? I know there ae many ways to keep in touch, but you do need to show up in peron occasionally.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 04 Apr 2014, 18:39

Back to her work, now isn't a Solicitor and a Barrister just another name for a lawyer in the UK?  I thought Barristers primarily pleaded cases to judges and research while Solicitors dealt primarily with the clients.

Also, I know she went to NYU, but can she practice law in the US.  Did she pass the NY bar?  Just wondering what are the odds of her working here.  

If she works primarily in London, some have so much vacation, we really have only seen her with him a few weeks at most. She could have a "job."  I have a friend in the UK who gets six weeks, and said this wasn't abnormal.   

Also one website said the safari was four days.  Seriously if true that is short, maybe her work was the reason.  Now that could be a first for George, and if so more power to him.  The change could do him good.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Apr 2014, 18:57

@Madsky - I'm thinking her six weeks would be about up. It wasn't just the safari. It was the Seychelles, and Dubai. and NY and LA, too. I'm curious how they'll handle it when they both have to go back to work.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Apr 2014, 19:01

Madsky, she's a member of the International Bar Association. Take a look at their website. And her chambers are Doughty Street Chambers. She was called to the bar in the UK in 2010 and in the States in 2002 - and won prestigious awards at each university. Somewhere on here I've put an explanation, but it's all listed on the chambers website when you search her name - and yes, six weeks holiday is usually the norm here (excluding all the official holidays).

Yep, I thought the quoted four days was short, but they were in the Seychelles too - and it really wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that His Nibs had been to South Sudan too. It's geographically close.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Apr 2014, 19:03

The other thing of course is that they are both their own bosses - as well as workacoholics!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 07 Apr 2014, 15:50

Nicky80 wrote:
Lighterside wrote:

ETA: While I understand the need for order and organization, having said that, you do stifle conversation by trying to regiment the flow of natural conversation...which will inevitably meander all over the place while human beings are conversing.  This isn't an elementary school...

I understand what you are saying. Of course we still can move this conversation to another thread so you all can continue talking about it. But I think in this case knowing that a specific user who is posting negative things about Amal most of the time should not get so much credit to continue this conversation about Amals body. This might gets our of hand. Just saying.....

But I do understand that some thread conversations change and people like to continue no matter what and in this case we can always move it to another thread to keep everyone happy.

No problem Nicki...I just wanted to answer you here...so I hope I'm not getting into trouble again! LOL But what I was trying to say is that it's difficult when you're having a conversation about one thing and then the next thing you know you're onto another topic which is loosely related.  I'm not talking about as blatant an excursion into another topic completely as happens sometimes, like if I perhaps had said, "speaking of liberal celebrities(George and Amal), did you happen to catch former President Bill Clinton on Kimmel last night, talking about the possibility of alien visits to planet Earth"....now THAT would be seriously going off topic.  

I'm pointing out that it's harder to stop the conversation when the "subject" hasn't changed, which is of course Amal Alamuddin and factoring in that there is a thread for every little aspect of her life, so you see, it then becomes difficult if you want to have a conversation that flows, if you have to keep changing threads every time you want to say something "Amal related" in your conversation that pertains to a different part of her life.

And NO I don't condone picking apart the anatomy of any of his girlfriends or anyone else for that matter.  I think the world is already quite superficial enough, without adding to the burden of that!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 07 Apr 2014, 16:12

Does anyone else find it a bit of a contradiction that Amal is apparently active in working against sexual violence, but is defending a man who is fighting extradiction to face sexual assault charges? Or is it just me?

Note, I completely understand that she's not defending him against the charges themselves, and that he has obvious reasons not to return to his country. I get that. Everybody's entitled to due process. (And I won't get into my opinions about Assange and WikiLeaks.) But it feels like she's talking out of both sides of her mouth on this.

JMHO.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 07 Apr 2014, 16:41

Yes I do agree completely but as an attorney you have to realize and deal with the fact that even the guilty are entitled to a good defense, no matter what your personal beliefs or what the client has done. Considering she probably isn't a "partner" in the firm and probably can't just refuse to work a case out of hand because she hasn't the clout at her age to turn her nose up at any assignment, she may have in fact, had to hold her nose and done her job regardless of her feelings. Just speculation of course....
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 07 Apr 2014, 16:56

You're right. In this case she and Geoffrey Robertson QC were fighting the case against extradition to Sweden to face possible charges of rape.

She may very well have her own views, and given she works in human rights, thinks he has no case to answer. But that was not the job she had to do.

Be interesting to see the outcome of Ben Emmerson's UN report on the US use of drones on Pakistan civilians, which she's also working on.

Another hot potato - and pretty big stuff!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 17:22

Long time ago I have seen a documentation about Assange sexual assault charges. I don't remember everything clearly as it was awhile back but it was interesting as they showed the other side that the sexual assault charged could have been made up in order to charge him. And they showed really good reason and evidence why this could be fake and it was shown on TV. This had also something to to with other staff he released through wikileads before he started with the US I think. If this is true then I guess Amal and others maybe have a good reason to help him not to get extradition. 

(Lighterside, I understand your message  Thumbs up! )
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 07 Apr 2014, 17:46

Our Hero is probably very well informed on this now - and many other cases.

Let's hope he can sidestep any possible questions from journalists whenever the next opportunity arises - which he did brilliantly when faced with a very broad question about Syria at a Gravity press conference........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Apr 2014, 00:01

Amal now has a Wikipedia entry.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 08 Apr 2014, 00:12

party animal - not! wrote:Amal now has a Wikipedia entry.....

You means she didn't have one before? Amazing what a little "Clooney" can do to raise a gal's international profile.

Hmmm...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 08 Apr 2014, 00:14

He does seem to have that effect
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 08 Apr 2014, 00:25

Where's mel? I'm sure she's bound to have some snarky comment. I need a laugh. Oh wait, can't go off topic. This IS about her work.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Apr 2014, 00:27

Not sure to be honest - but wonder who wrote it.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 08 Apr 2014, 00:48

Lorna, Lorna, Lorna...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 08 Apr 2014, 00:56

wow that was quick, maybe you really are psychic Mel
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 08 Apr 2014, 06:34

As long as Amal's with George, maybe someone on COH can keep updating her Wikipedia? Ladies, we're talking about Amal 24/7! We think we've known everything? LOL! 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 08 Apr 2014, 07:28

Not everything.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 08 Apr 2014, 09:22

Maggy I know we don't...just kidding.But we've tried our best to find everything available...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:08

I don't think we know anything about Amal, other than the superficial things that can be known with a little digging about any individual in this information age.

Knowing the "real" Amal is quite another kettle of fish, I would think.  Wink 
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 08 Apr 2014, 13:58

Yeah George wouldn't let the whole world know his woman, the "real" Amal,right?
He got to let the public know the "image" of Amal...that's a line from Ocean's 12 ,I think, about Julia Roberts.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 08 Apr 2014, 18:37

LornaDoone wrote:

You means she didn't have one before?  Amazing what a little "Clooney" can do to raise a gal's international profile.

Hmmm...

Interesting to note from her "Personal"
Personal[edit]
She is single. Since 2013, she has been dating George Clooney, and they have appeared together in public on a number of occasions.[5]

I wonder why her birth-date is not mentioned... Is the month of their dating life before July 2013 (before Stacy?) and so not included??  Smile

Strange that this was not easy information before the Monuments Men Premier Contest February 2014, na? Smile She may as well have been there with the winners then...

OUCH... Sorry Mod... I shall shooo myself out of this thread... Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 08 Apr 2014, 20:17

As she is a private person and not a celebrity I guess her birthday falls under "private and confidential" like all of our birthdays. And her birthday doesn't influence her work so I guess there is no demand for it to know it.  Thumbs up!  As long she is doing a great job in her career people will only care about that.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 08 Apr 2014, 20:20

"Notified for deletion" notice on it now.

Personal para was deleted within the last ten minutes.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 08 Apr 2014, 20:27

Interesting Jo

I guess whoever created it and deleted this part want to make sure it is matching mostly her career and not her private life. 

I guess it was created because many people googled her name lately. And if you see Pari's comment above it was the right thing to do to delete that part. There you got a page of her career and all people want to know is the private thing and question why not all private information are given. 

I think with her profile as she is not a celebrity the private life section doesn't belong there anyway. But just my opinion... Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 08 Apr 2014, 21:08

Thank you to Miss-Sunshine2020,

she found some more information about Amal's work. Amal did a five-day training programme for Judges and prosecutors in Bahrain in January 2014.

Key rights law tips for judges

JUDGES and prosecutors in Bahrain are getting tips on human rights law from experts including a barrister whose clients have included WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

Amal Alamuddin, who was also an adviser to United Nations Special Syrian Envoy Kofi Annan, is taking part in a five-day training programme in international law at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

She and other senior specialists including Dr Philippa Webb, Serge Brammertz and Hassan Jallow are helping professionals in Bahrain's judicial system achieve international standards in human rights law.

"The programme is about increasing awareness and understanding of international human rights law and highlighting areas of particular relevance for prosecutors and judges in Bahrain," said Ms Alamuddin, from leading London-based barrister chambers Doughty Street.

"The programme is part of a much wider initiative to promote international standards in human rights law.

"Many of the laws are already in place here, but it is more about ensuring these rights, already in existence, are put into practice."

Ms Alamuddin, who has conducted training sessions for prosecutors and judges in Bahrain before, was Mr Assange's barrister between 2011 and 2012 when Sweden was seeking his extradition for alleged sexual offences that he denies.

The WikiLeaks founder, whose whistleblowing site has exposed secret information about organisations, governments and major events including the Afghanistan War has since been granted political asylum by Ecuador and has been living at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London since last June.

The ongoing workshop in Bahrain, which started on Sunday and ends tomorrow, is being held under the patronage of Attorney General Dr Ali Fadhul Al Buainain.

In addition to raising awareness on human rights law, it is also discussing plans to establish an Arab Court of Human Rights in Manama.

The court, which was approved by the Arab League last year, is due to be set up in the next five years to tackle a variety of human rights violations throughout the Arab world, including torture allegations, discrimination and other complaints lodged by Arab citizens. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also more information here

Rights training for Bahrain's judges

A REGIONAL human rights court being established in Bahrain will have a judge from each member state at the Arab League.

However, the Arab Court of Human Rights will only accept complaints relating to incidents that occur after its formation.

Details of the ambitious project initiated by His Majesty King Hamad in November, 2011 were revealed yesterday by an expert in international law who is advising on the process.

Dr Philippa Webb was among specialists in Bahrain this week providing training to Bahrain's judges and prosecutors at the Crowne Plaza.

The five-day programme was designed to help Bahrain's judicial system achieve international standards in human rights law and covered establishment of the new rights tribunal in Manama.

Dr Webb said member states must first sign a protocol, which is now being finalised.

"Each state has to sign a protocol and accept the jurisdiction to set up the Arab Court of Human Rights," said Dr Webb, a Public International Law lecturer at King's College, London.

"The protocol is in the final stages of negotiations that will be signed by member countries of the Arab League."

The Arab Court of Human Rights is expected to open in the next five years and will position Bahrain as a human rights leader in the region.

It will investigate allegations of torture, discrimination and other violations lodged by Arab citizens.

The Foreign Ministry has established a committee of government experts headed by Under-Secretary for Regional and GCC Affairs Ambassador Hamad bin Ahmed Al Amer to oversee the process.

Dr Webb said two-thirds of member countries should back the protocol and the process could take five to six years before the court starts functioning.

"Europe, Africa, Asia and the US have a human rights system in place and Middle East is the only one missing out," she said.

Dr Webb added the new court would have between seven to 11 judges from different states, with only one judge from a country.

The judges would also serve for no more than two terms to ensure there was no monopoly on power and the court would have to deliver judgements within six months of a complaint being lodged.

"It is important here to understand that the state has the first responsibility to help citizens and victims can later appeal to the Arab Court of Human Rights if local remedies are exhausted," stressed Dr Webb.

"Police, judges and other local bodies are the first to help victims."

Issues on the agenda during last week's training programme included controls on exercising freedoms and rights, challenges of international investigation and requirements for investigating torture allegations.

Other specialists in attendance included Amal Alamuddin, Serge Brammertz and Hassan Jallow and the sessions were held under the patronage of Attorney General Dr Ali Fadhel Al Buainain. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 08 Apr 2014, 21:13

Isn't she a current member of Oxford Arab Cultural Society?
Several websites have mention it, she even had it her facebook account?

Why isn't added to her Wiki, did she resign?
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Apr 2014, 21:56

Wow, she and Dr Webb are doing some amazingly good human rights work in Bahrain! Excellent.

Thank you MissSunshine!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 2 Empty Amal Alamuddin interviewed on BBC Global after Tymoshenko release

Post by party animal - not! Wed 09 Apr 2014, 09:25

Knew this had happened but didn't realise it had gone to Vimeo:

Thanks to Frenchiesfans.canalblog

Wasn't sure which thread - George's causes, or Amal's work...........!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 09:47

Thanks PAN, I moved it from George causes to her work thread.

I like it that she speaks very calm and clear. Nice video to watch...thanks. So this was aired 6 days ago?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 09 Apr 2014, 09:49

The link doesn't work for me. Crying or Very sad 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 09:52

Have a look if that works

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 09 Apr 2014, 09:58

Never mind, I have this site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So I can download almost any videos that I can't visit. You know many western sites are blocked here.  Mad 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:01

No, this was on the night Tymoshenko was released, but I've simply been unable to find it on the BBC, tho I did find a Twitterpage on it with a still...it's here somewhere I'm sure.

Thanks again, Nicki

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Wed 09 Apr 2014, 11:22

She has a nice voice , and her english accent is not very hard to understand , she looks really pretty in the video . l hope the people of Ukraine to find peace at last , and that the government they choose to bring justice for the people .
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 16:36

party animal - not! wrote:Knew this had happened but didn't realise it had gone to Vimeo:

Thanks to Frenchiesfans.canalblog

Wasn't sure which thread - George's causes, or Amal's work...........!

By the way...in this link PAN when you click on "stats" you can see which website plays that video. See below pic on the top right. COH is on the second place after le frenchies. This is a race...let's beat them HAHA  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz Little joke  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 09 Apr 2014, 19:25

Nicky80 wrote:As she is a private person and not a celebrity I guess her birthday falls under "private and confidential" like all of our birthdays. And her birthday doesn't influence her work so I guess there is no demand for it to know it.  Thumbs up!  As long she is doing a great job in her career people will only care about that.

Oh good Nicky..  IF that is her belief-system, I respect it Smile I noticed from the Doughty Street Chambers Wiki though, that some of their listed barristers have given their date-of-birth, with other information... [ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ]  

BUT then, we can never talk for what most people want... na?  That will have to be what Amal wants from her perspective / understanding...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 09 Apr 2014, 19:28

Joanna wrote:

"Notified for deletion"  notice on it now.

Personal para was deleted within the last ten minutes.

Oh WOW!! Very interesting... thanks Joanna Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 10 Apr 2014, 13:43

-----
This is a pastiche of an imagined phone call, with 8 hour time difference.

G. (slurred speech) Hi baby just want to say I’m off to bed.  You at work yet baby?

A. (clipped british accent- low serious tone) Yes George, I get up at five,
    and you, still working?

G. Yes baby, Randy and me we are still at the Bellagio drinking, sorry, selling Tequila.  
      How is your day, baby?

A.  Actually George today NATO will suspend all practical civilian and military cooperation with Russia because of its annexation of Crimea, saying it has seen no sign that Moscow was withdrawing troops from the Ukrainian border.It is important for everybody in the world to understand that the NATO alliance takes seriously this attempt to change borders by use of force, "So that is the wake-up call."

G.  Wake-up call no baby no! I had a rough day today NO wake-up call please baby no.

A. George, you are silly Russia not you! Concerns are high that Russia, which U.S. officials last week said had about 40,000 troops near the frontier, might seek to enter eastern Ukraine, after it annexed Ukraine's Crimea region last month.

G. Enter! what? baby you talking dirty to daddy?

A.  I am not the Russian are. Pressed on how NATO was prepared to help Ukraine improve its military, Rasmussen cited enhanced military exercises as an example. Hah what you think of that George. BTW Mummy has pressed me why no front covers.  You said we would be on the cover of Hello and OK.  “Hola” does not count, you understand?  We want to be British celebrities.
G.
You talking dirty again baby? Hola what, your Ma what?  (hi-pitched giggles in background)

A. Whats that noise?

G. Just someone from Bellagio mixing me a bedtime drink.

Dial tone.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next