George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs Empty George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs

Post by silly girl Wed 13 Nov 2013, 18:57

I saw the tweets in regards to this but thought this Musk person was a comedienne. Who knew he was the CEO...he seems like a piece of work:

George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs

The mogul dismisses the actor's complaints about his car often leaving him "stuck on the side of the road."

George Clooney didn't have the best experience with his Tesla, he told Esquire, giving the electric car company another bit of bad press in a year of highly-publicized car trouble.
“I had a Tesla. I was one of the first cats with a Tesla. I think I was, like, number five on the list," Clooney tells Esquire after the writer asked why he was driving a Lexus instead of Hollywood's hot ride. "But I’m telling you, I’ve been on the side of the road a while in that thing. And I said to them, ‘Look, guys, why am I always stuck on the side of the f---ing road? Make it work, one way or another.’"

Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted the following response:

But, other drivers have had problems with their Teslas lately, including an unfortunate Model S owner whose car caught fire after it hit some debris near Seattle, an incident that was been documented on a YouTube video that went viral.

Musk also got into a heavily publicized dust-up with the New York Times after it published a story in which journalist John Broder documented a rough road trip from Washington, D.C. to Boston, in which insufficient battery charges, lagging speeds and freezing conditions ultimately led to the Model S he was driving being towed.
Musk fired back, publishing the data the car's computer logged during the trip and insisting that Broder improperly drove and charged it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs Empty Re: George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs

Post by LornaDoone Thu 14 Nov 2013, 03:34

Elon Musk's comment was pretty funny.

Elon is quite frankly a genius.  The stuff he's invented for the Tesla plus the work he's doing with SpaceX is pretty amazing too.

As with any new technology, there will be bugs and kinks to work out.

Another thing Musk has envisioned is a transportation system called the Hyperloop that other scientists are saying isn't just science fiction but could actually work.

A trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco could be as fast as 30 minutes.

Here's a link to info about the Hyperloop.  Pretty awesome I think.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As to Elon's personality - people who are at that high level of mental capacity are often quite rude in their delivery and frankly dismissal of others who they deem to not "get it."  (Yes theminis, he would be a "K" - HA!)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs Empty Re: George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs

Post by theminis Thu 14 Nov 2013, 04:03

Well a little bit of humility sometimes goes a long way, even if he is a K lol
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:39

Wonder if George'll give a partial refund to the person who bought his Tesla? If IRR he auctioned it off for charity last year.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 14 Nov 2013, 16:52

Yea, I thought that was kind of cheeky of him. Someone buys his "broken down" Tesla for charity and then George trashes it. Sometimes he might want to think before he speaks makes him look like a bit of a dolt!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 14 Nov 2013, 18:01

I am an admirer of Elon Musk's genius, but his responses to criticisms leave a lot to be desired. He promoted the Tesla as a viable and reliable advance in energy use and technology. It didn't live up to the hype, and when he gets called on it, he acts like, "Yeah, well, eff you. You should be happy to be in the presence of my genius."

I don't think somebody like GC buys a Tesla for the show of it. He probably expected to be able to drive the damn thing and not worry that he couldn't get from point A to point B.

As for the auction, I'm sure the goodwill value of the purchase was the point. A Tesla, one of the first built and sold by PayPal and SpaceX genius Elon Musk, and driven by George Clooney. That's high-end cocktail party shit.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 14 Nov 2013, 18:15

True Way2 I just hope the poor soul who bought it doesn't try to drive it TO the cocktail party! HA!

Yes, geniuses can be SOBs that's for sure - I guess that's the price the rest of us have to pay for them to come up with the stuff they do.

Now if we could get him to find a cure for cancer - and not be a smug shit about it... that would be awesome!

:-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down