George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that

Go down

Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that Empty Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that

Post by Katiedot Thu 25 Apr 2013, 13:03

Was Don Cheadle really talking to Wales online? Anyway . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Don Cheadle: I’ve seen how George has to get around fame – I don't want that

When strangers spot actor Don Cheadle they have what he calls “percussive recognition”.

“They go ‘You’re...um...’,” he says, accompanying it with a rapid snap of the fingers to demonstrate their attempts to put a name to the familiar face.

Picture him in black tie and it might jog their memories back to the Oscars in 2005, when he was nominated for best actor for Hotel Rwanda and in 2006 as one of the stars and producers of that year’s best picture, Crash.

More recently, at this year’s Golden Globes, they would have seen him picking up the best actor award for his performance in the TV series House of Lies.

And then there’s always his three appearances as the explosives expert Basher Tarr, one of Danny (George Clooney) Ocean’s 11-man heist crew.

However, his level of celebrity is one that the Missouri-born Cheadle is more than comfortable with.

“I have always had a very gradual and sort of steady arc of fame, which is nice,” he explains.

“I have seen the other side of it. I have seen how Brad (Pitt, Clooney’s right hand man in the Ocean movies) has to get around. I have seen how George has to get around and I don't want that.

“It is a lot of attention which is hard to have when you are trying to raise a family and be pretty normal in your off time.

“Fame is great to get a good seat in a restaurant but I don’t see the value of it in other places.”

He gets recognition enough from the industry who know that the talented and versatile Cheadle is a class act.

He was also a reliable fill for the role of Lt Colonel James Rhodes in Iron Man 2 and 3, taking over from Crash co-star Terrence Howard.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down