George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney

2 posters

Go down

Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney Empty Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Tue 08 Jan 2013, 09:24

I thought this might be of interest for anyone interested in acting:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wise Words on Auditioning by George Clooney

by admin under Auditions for Kids

I came across this quote when I was doing some research over the holidays. It’s amazing what things pop up out of the blue. There are 5 audition take-aways from this 1 stellar quote for every actor going out for auditions (whether you’re a new actor to the film industry or not).

The quote is by George Clooney (ER, The Descendants) an actor, film director, producer and screenwriter. Can you relate?

On auditioning:

“Actors tend to get in their own way, a lot. A lot of times you will do things that will screw up your audition process. I was very bad at auditioning, and I always went in to it saying ‘God I hope I don’t screw this up.’ But at the same time, the directors are saying, ‘God, I hope this person is the savior.’ You have to remember is that the worst thing that could happen is you don’t get the job you don’t already have.” ~ George Clooney

Here are 5 take-aways from the Clooney quote:

- Actors get in their own way (when auditioning). Don’t over think auditions. Keep things simple.

- George Clooney was bad at auditioning. If an audition goes poorly you’re to blame, but you’re also the one who can turn things around. If there is something you are poor at work at it and get better. If Clooney can do it so can you!

- If you expect the worst you’ll get it. You gain nothing by thinking the worst about yourself or doubting your abilities. A positive attitude will in due time bring positive results.

- The director is always on your side. The director has a problem and he or she is hopeful that you are the solution. The director needs to cast for the film endeavor that you’re going out for so, make his or her life easier by being the ONE for that part/character. Don’t leave it up to chance.

-Don’t get hung up on not getting the job because it’s not yours to lose. An audition is an opportunity to gain employment. It’s not something that’s been given to you and then taken away. If you have a bad audition learn from it and make next time the audition that solves the director’s problem.

This quote is for every actor who goes into the room (audition room) and stands in front of the desk (where the powers that be sit before him) and delivers his or her audition performance. Don’t Clooney’s words make the audition seem less intimidating and the auditioner human even when we’re talking about a movie star?

Unfortunately, most actors expect to be scrutinized in the room and beat themselves up before and/or after an audition with, “I’m going to blow it” or “They hated me.” Don’t do this to yourself or let your child use these damaging words. Everyone involved in this industry wants you to do your best! If you do, it makes everyone look good.

My Take on it: A bad audition—forgotten! My kid didn’t get the part—forgotten. Worrying about negative things is a waste of time. There is nothing you can do or say to change unfavorable results; it’s out of your control. This isn’t American Idol—you can’t beg for the part or for your child’s part. What you can do is ask questions, analyse the performance and make changes next time (if they’re necessary).

To your success!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney Empty Re: Words of advice on auditioning from George Clooney

Post by Dior Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:14

’ You have to remember is that the worst thing that could happen is you don’t get the job you don’t already have.” ~ George Clooney

Respectfully disagree.
The worst thing that could happen is that you do not get an invitation to another audition.

It happens
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down