George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive

+5
melbert
Katiedot
Best in Category
it's me
silly girl
9 posters

Go down

George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive Empty George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive

Post by silly girl Fri 30 Nov 2012, 22:09

From ETonline: (I don't see an embed button but there is video...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George on Ben's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive
November 30, 2012
George Clooney and Ben Affleck have both directed big budget Hollywood movies and during a recent roundtable discussion, they revealed their thoughts on directing themselves as actors.
In this sneak peek of The Envelope Directors Roundtable sponsored by the Los Angeles Times, Affleck points out that contrary to popular belief, there are only a handful of examples of directors acting in their own films.

Affleck's latest combo film is the box office hit Argo, but in 2010 he took the acting-directing plunge on the crime thriller The Town. "I don't have any great wisdom about that," he said when asked by a moderator how he approached the dual role. "You know, for me it's about shooting enough footage that I have to work with in the cutting room."

Affleck's latest combo film is the box office hit Argo, but in 2010 he took the acting-directing plunge on the crime thriller The Town. "I don't have any great wisdom about that," he said when asked by a moderator how he approached the dual role. "You know, for me it's about shooting enough footage that I have to work with in the cutting room."

The question is also posed whether Affleck consulted Clooney -- who had directed Good Night, and Good Luck in 2005 -- for advice. "Ben and I... when we first started talking, mostly he was campaigning at the time for Sexiest Man Alive," Clooney joked. "And he wanted some tips -- I worked with him," he continued, adding also that he also "worked with Matt (Damon), who also got it (Sexiest Man Alive)."

George did have some serious remarks on acting in the same movies he directs. "I will say this about directing yourself, there is this weird thing that happens -- which is, you try desperately not to do more takes on yourself than you do on other actors. Because you just feel like such a schmuck if you do it," he said. "So you have to have this understanding with the actors that you're going to break that rule."

Watch the video to also hear George give his thoughts on Affleck's performance as actor-director in Argo.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive Empty Re: George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive

Post by it's me Sat 01 Dec 2012, 06:19

silly girl wrote:From ETonline: (I don't see an embed button but there is video...)

George on Ben's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive
November 30, 2012
George Clooney and Ben Affleck have both directed big budget Hollywood movies and during a recent roundtable discussion, they revealed their thoughts on directing themselves as actors.
In this sneak peek of The Envelope Directors Roundtable sponsored by the Los Angeles Times, Affleck points out that contrary to popular belief, there are only a handful of examples of directors acting in their own films.

The question is also posed whether Affleck consulted Clooney -- who had directed Good Night, and Good Luck in 2005 -- for advice. "Ben and I... when we first started talking, mostly he was campaigning at the time for Sexiest Man Alive," Clooney joked. "And he wanted some tips -- I worked with him," he continued, adding also that he also "worked with Matt (Damon), who also got it (Sexiest Man Alive)."

George did have some serious remarks on acting in the same movies he directs. "I will say this about directing yourself, there is this weird thing that happens -- which is, you try desperately not to do more takes on yourself than you do on other actors. Because you just feel like such a schmuck if you do it," he said. "So you have to have this understanding with the actors that you're going to break that rule."

Watch the video to also hear George give his thoughts on Affleck's performance as actor-director in Argo.

I saw it!!! cheers cheers
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive Empty Re: George Clooney on Ben Affleck's Campaign for Sexiest Man Alive

Post by Best in Category Sat 01 Dec 2012, 10:50

Ben who? mission impossible Razz

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:30

I think this is the same thing:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:36

And more of the same. Looks like they've got a bit of a love fest going on!

George Clooney Pays Tribute to Ben Affleck: "Argo Puts Him in a Whole Different Echelon"

Ben Affleck has just been named Entertainment Weekly's Entertainer of the Year, and it's pretty obvious that George Clooney couldn't agree more with the title bestowed upon the Argo director.

"We got successful around the same time in the mid-'90s, so I saw him around a lot. I didn't necessarily think about him becoming a director, but I knew he was a good writer, a good-looking kid, and a good actor," Clooney told the magazine in its latest issue regarding Affleck.

"Then I watched as he struggled, seven or eight years ago, and got stuck in a world that he wasn't enjoying very much in terms of choices of films. And he directed his way out of it.

"Hollywood loves a comeback, and he's an unbelievable comeback kid. When we saw Gone Baby Gone, we realized Ben had incredible talent. Then The Town reaffirmed it. Argo puts him in a whole different echelon; it moves him into the world of one of the better directors in the game."

Ben Affleck reveals secret to bromance with Matt Damon
Clooney, who coproduced Argo with Affleck and Grant Heslov, added that his fellow Oscar winner could also wind up being successful in the political arena as well.

"He's very smart and astute, and he works hard on issues in the Congo. But when your fallback career is being a world-class director, that's not so bad."

George Clooney Gushes Over Ben Affleck, Calls Him A 'Comeback Kid'The pair teamed up for 'Argo'

George Clooney is amazed by how Ben Affleck has managed his successful career.

George - who coproduced Argo with Affleck and Grant Heslov – thinks he has surprised the industry by becoming a director.

He told Entertainment Weekly about their Entertainer of the Year: "We got successful around the same time in the mid-'90s, so I saw him around a lot. I didn't necessarily think about him becoming a director, but I knew he was a good writer, a good-looking kid, and a good actor.

"Then I watched as he struggled, seven or eight years ago, and got stuck in a world that he wasn't enjoying very much in terms of choices of films. And he directed his way out of it.”

George thinks Ben is the perfect example of a comeback kid and noted that the industry loves a good success story.

"Hollywood loves a comeback, and he's an unbelievable comeback kid. When we saw ‘Gone Baby Gone’, we realised Ben had incredible talent. Then ‘The Town’ reaffirmed it. ‘Argo’ puts him in a whole different echelon; it moves him into the world of one of the better directors in the game.

"He's very smart and astute, and he works hard on issues in the Congo. But when your fallback career is being a world-class director, that's not so bad."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 01 Dec 2012, 16:56

It's kind of funny that he is promoting the hell out of this film, seemingly more than he does for his "own" films. I think that it proves that he's not "all about George" all the time.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 01 Dec 2012, 16:57

great!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 01 Dec 2012, 18:59

Katiedot: "Looks like they've got a bit of a love fest going on!"

lol!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 01 Dec 2012, 20:18

If (not going to say when) he becomes the sexiest man alive
how do we call him?
Georgeous George but Ben...?

Big Ben? Laughing

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 01 Dec 2012, 20:54

I don't necessarily like Ben Afflect but I think he would be a step up from Channing Tatum, People Magazine's choice for the current sexiest man alive.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 01 Dec 2012, 21:07

He was People's Sexiest Man Alive 2002....I like him more now than I did then.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 01 Dec 2012, 21:21

I've always liked him, when he became famous some of the choices in films just about ruined him. The JL relationship didn't help, I'm happy he's getting his second chance and he seems to be handling it better this time around.Loved his wife when she was on Alias.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 02 Dec 2012, 06:04

I've always liked Ben Affleck although I can totally see what it is about him that winds people up. Hollywoodland was one of my favourite films and for many years i'd put on it on before I was going to sleep (gosh, this is going to sound terrible but I don't mean it badly) because the quietness of it often sent me to sleep. I also really like Adrien Brod too. And Diane Lane - but not in the same way!

melbert wrote:It's kind of funny that he is promoting the hell out of this film, seemingly more than he does for his "own" films. I think that it proves that he's not "all about George" all the time.
Yep, although the cynical side of me sees this as promoting a film that, if it's nominated for an Oscar, will see him on the stage collecting 'best picture' award because he's one of the producers.

Remember George's "I'm not campaigning' Oscars campaign last year? It's crossed my mind more than once that this could be more of the same.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 02 Dec 2012, 07:08

I forgot about Hollywoodland...I liked that too. I think Argo will get nominated and might win something I think it will either be Lincoln or Les Miz that gets the big awards. My sister saw Lincoln tonight and said DDL was brilliant. I also know someone who has seen Les Miz and can't stop talking about it. It's gonna be a tough race.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 02 Dec 2012, 11:25

melbert wrote:It's kind of funny that he is promoting the hell out of this film, seemingly more than he does for his "own" films. I think that it proves that he's not "all about George" all the time.

Not to disagree but I think as a producer he gets a percentage of the profits of the film. As an actor, he usually gets a flat fee (at least since the GFC). Hawking the films far and wide and continuously increases his pay day and the pay day of his production company is in his best interest.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Dec 2012, 14:14

Thanks for bringing that to my attention Katie and Watching. I really hadn't thought about that part of it.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down