George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign Empty George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 17 Oct 2012, 02:45

Wasnt sure where to put this but apparently George made an announcement this morning about the generous donation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The $350 million campaign, announced earlier this year, aims to build the endowment and support the charitable operations of the industry's charity.

DreamWorks SKG founders Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen have donated $30 million each toward the Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Clooney and Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for MPTF

Barry Diller Donates $30 Million to Motion Picture and Television Fund

News Corp. Donates $20 Million to the Motion Picture & Television Fund

Kirk and Anne Douglas Donate $50 Million to Five Non-Profits
George Clooney, MPTF board member and campaign co-chair, made the announcement Tuesday morning. The trio's combined $90 million donation will go toward the $350 million campaign, which was announced earlier this year to build the endowment and support the charitable operations of the industry's charity.
PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes of THR's Philanthropy Shoot
"Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen are each legendary for their philanthropy and individually have made immeasurable impact on charities and organizations ranging from arts and culture, health care, education, film preservation and social services in our Hollywood community and around the nation,” Clooney said. “And now for them to make this unified commitment to MPTF only adds to that incredible record of generosity."
For more than 90 years, the MPTF has provided financial assistance and services essential to the wellbeing of the community. It also develops and implements services and programs for seniors and those who care for them.
Katzenberg, who serves as chairman of the MPTF Foundation, noted that the MPTF Campaign was devised to ensure funding for the organization's programs and services in the future.
“Marilyn [Katzenberg, his wife] and I are so happy to join together with my partners and friends, Steven Spielberg and David Geffen, to support our industry’s most important and valuable charitable organization,” Katzenberg said. “Hopefully, with this gift, MPTF will get even closer to reaching its ambitious goal for its endowment campaign.”
PHOTOS: Hollywood Reporter's Philanthropy Issue
Added Geffen: “I can think of no better way to support the industry than by uniting with my two esteemed partners to ensure that the fund is able to continue to provide essential services to those in need. I couldn’t be happier to contribute to such an important, impactful cause.”
Said Spielberg: "It becomes very personal when someone you know or have worked with is cared for at 'the Home' or a crew member is helped financially by MPTF. The mission 'we take care of our own' is suddenly very real and tangible, and so this new donation is an extension of what we have been doing for a number of years to support that mission."
MPTF president and CEO Bob Beitcher praised the trio for their donations.
“Our dedication to supporting the needs of the workforce as well as the growing needs of our industry’s senior population continues to put incredible pressure on our philanthropic needs,” he said. “Along with our annual giving programs, the MPTF Campaign is key to our long-term survival. Ultimately the endowment will secure our ability to adapt and grow to meet whatever comes our way thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the campaign to date."
Tuesday's announcement follows on the heels of several other large donations to the MPTF, including Barry Diller and Diane von Furstenberg's $30 million contribution in June through their Diller-von Furstenberg Family Foundation, News Corp.'s $20 million donation in July and Kirk and Anne Douglas' $50 million pledge to five nonprofit organizations, including the MPTF, through their Douglas Foundation, also in July.

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 06:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected thread title)
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign Empty Re: George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign

Post by it's me Wed 17 Oct 2012, 05:50

'we take care of our own'

Hug1
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign Empty Re: George Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg Kick Off $350 Million Fundraising Campaign for Motion Picture & Television Fund Campaign

Post by cindigirl Wed 17 Oct 2012, 15:53

I know I posted this vid before but as long as the subject is brought up here it is again.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 17 Oct 2012, 16:07

Doesn't mean that if GC put out a statement yesterday, he is necessarily in LA. Unless of course there was a press conference

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 17 Oct 2012, 16:12

Thanks, Cindi.

I like that vid. Wish them the best.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 17 Oct 2012, 19:56

party animal - not! wrote:Doesn't mean that if GC put out a statement yesterday, he is necessarily in LA. Unless of course there was a press conference
No one said he was in LA. Simply sharing an article about George if that okay with you.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down