Log in

I forgot my password

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Facebo13
The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Twitte12
Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:14

Posts from another thread posted here for discussion:

The next mrs clooney wrote:So he takes her out of her box to walk a red carpet and then puts her back in her box. Some relationship!!!

theminis wrote:I agree, not the best outfit to wear but do think they look good/happy together.

The next mrs clooney wrote:maybe she's tired afterall didnt she just have kid number 3??

the minis it's hard to tell if they look happy together as they are not really together. Couple of pics of him dragging her down the red carpet and another of them stood miles apart. One picture that shows George's face he does not seem happy to me. Stacy seems to have her fake plastic smile on so hard to say if she's happy or not.

The next mrs clooney wrote:Even stacy said you can't believe everything you see and that's why these pics don't convince me of anything. They spent two months apart with rumors flying about a break up and the only reason they are together tonight is to perform on the red carpet. Its like we've come full circle and it seems that its an arrangement rather than a relationship.

Katiedot wrote:Yeah, but nothing would convince you. Your mind is made up that it's a fake relationship and every picture will prove that to you.

The next mrs clooney wrote:Wow katiedot put the claws away. What you're saying is not actually true. For a while I did actually start to believe it was real didn't like it that's for sure but was starting to buy it. Now they have changed my mind again.

Katiedot wrote:Oh my, the claws aren't even out. I'm simply stating my opinion that you seem to have made up your mind and now you'll see the evidence to support that opinion everywhere you look.

If it makes you feel any better, I had the exact same conversations with some fans when George was dating Elisabetta. They hated her and therefore every picture of them together 'proved' that the relationship was fake and George was miserable with her. Apparently George was unhappy in every single photo and Elisabetta looked terrible and was a famewhore mugging for the camera. Every single photo without exception 'proved' this theory. Personally, I think that's a ridiculous stance to take and I think you would agree.

The only difference of opinion between us is that I also think it's a ridiculous stance to take with ANY of his girlfriends.

If you don't believe me, go back and look at what George's fans were posting online about Celine. They said she was embarrassing, let him down and he could do so much better than her. She was a famewhore and he clearly didn't care for her. They could see that in the pictures.

The next mrs clooney wrote:Just because others can't be objective doesn't mean I can't be. If I were to see pictures of them out alone having dinner and actually doing things couples do then I wouldn't still be convinced that its fake. But we never have seen this so for now they still have yet to show any level of intimacy of a couple to convince me otherwise. I have never had any issue with his other relationships even though I haven't liked all the girls. Couldn't stand sarah but still thought it was a real relationship. This one just doesn't sit right once again:-)

Bidbod wrote:I think he blows hot and cold with his girls and I don't imagine her as laid back, easy going, doing her own thing waiting for his call. I'm sure if he had wanted her in Oklahoma she would have dropped everything to go there. He looks like he always looks with the girls, like there will be another one along in a minute. He is in charge, he doesn't pursue Stacy as Life and Style would have us believe and she, like all the girls is grateful to be still around. It must be a hard life to give up.IMO. In fact, since I'm on a roll, I don't see him treating Stacy any differently from the last two. I really don't see how she is different.

lelacorb wrote:This output makes the couple on the red carpet George Stacy and less credible and false!

fava wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote: If I were to see pictures of them out alone having dinner and actually doing things couples do then I wouldn't still be convinced that its fake. But we never have seen this so for now they still have yet to show any level of intimacy of a couple to convince me otherwise. :-)

There was one dinner alone with photos. I am not a Stacy fan, but I am curious why you assume they would want to go out alone and have their "alone time" photographed. There are many hours in the day and we can have no idea how many of them they spend together. George is not typically photographed out and about unless he is on the motorcycle, working, or meeting friends. I guess that is how it is now for the two of them as a couple as well. For the most part, he doesn't do the "things couple do." When you are that famous, those ordinary activities seem to become very difficult. I was very surprised at the Whole Foods photos--but not suprised he waited in the car. IMO, I don't t think there is anything they could do "to prove it's not fake." If they show more intimacy, they are accused of playing for the cameras. If they keep any intimacy private, they don't show enough affection to be really together.

The next mrs clooney wrote:
fava wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote: If I were to see pictures of them out alone having dinner and actually doing things couples do then I wouldn't still be convinced that its fake. But we never have seen this so for now they still have yet to show any level of intimacy of a couple to convince me otherwise. :-)

There was one dinner alone with photos. I am not a Stacy fan, but I am curious why you assume they would want to go out alone and have their "alone time" photographed. There are many hours in the day and we can have no idea how many of them they spend together. George is not typically photographed out and about unless he is on the motorcycle, working, or meeting friends. I guess that is how it is now for the two of them as a couple as well. For the most part, he doesn't do the "things couple do." When you are that famous, those ordinary activities seem to become very difficult. I was very surprised at the Whole Foods photos--but not suprised he waited in the car. IMO, I don't t think there is anything they could do "to prove it's not fake." If they show more intimacy, they are accused of playing for the cameras. If they keep any intimacy private, they don't show enough affection to be really together.

Its not about them wanting to have their intimate time photographed its that the paps always get these shots cos they are the money shots. With previous girls there have been many an intimate moment caught at different restaurants but none with Stacy. also when i look at the pictures it is so obvious the physical distance between them, you could fit another person in the gap between their bodies. Intimacy is about body language and glances and their's doesnt exactly scream "couple who is crazy about each other" it screams couple who is posing for the camera but dont really want to be physically closer than they have to be. yes his arm is around her but their bodies are so far apart. 2months apart and the only sighting of them together is on a red carpet, it makes you wonder.

party animal - not! wrote:Well, GC has been quoted as saying that Stacy makes him smile. And it's very evident.............

Natascha wrote:It's their life, and if both of them are happy with a PR/ red carpet relationship, why not?

I'm just sorry for the actors and other people who have been really involved in the film as George and Stacy took all the attention away from them....

party animal - not! wrote:I agree with you, Maggy. They look very very happy and natural together
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by The next mrs clooney on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:18

Here's a post from Perez Hilton

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2167
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:22

The next mrs clooney wrote:Its not about them wanting to have their intimate time photographed its that the paps always get these shots cos they are the money shots. With previous girls there have been many an intimate moment caught at different restaurants
If you don't mind my disagreeing with you, that's not really true.

Most of the times when George was photographed on what the media called 'romantic' or 'intimate' dates, it turned out that there were other people with them. There aren't many pictures of George out to dinner with a girlfriend, just the two of them. The other people with them were often cropped out of the shots but they were there.

Of course there are reports of George out with just a girlfriend (Elisabetta supposedly took him out for a pre-50th birthday dinner at Mr Chow's) but no pictures.

It's been a long-standing joke among Clooney watchers that he doesn't seem to be able date just a girlfriend by himself.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by silly girl on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:23

I guess we all see what we want to see. I don't see them being natural together. She looked more natural in Mykonos and even at the Fashion shows. If they are ok in this type of relationship then it really is none of our business. I am hoping she breaks up with him because she wants to have a BF who is more demonstrative and supportive.

It is funny to read the comments on twitter. They go from "they are madly in love" to "they desperately want us to believe their love" ....so we aren't the only ones who see things differently. Smile

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3299
Join date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by lucy on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:26

I'am so tired of this topic, so thanks Katiedot for this thread. My last comment on this subject, It's his life he can and does live it as he likes. They just spent the entire summer together, doubt he'd spend that much time with someone if he didn't want to. Summers over, back to work, he's got nothing keeping him away from set of August, so why not be there with MS,JR, EM, bet he's having a great time. Why would he take his GF, Grant didn't bring Lisa along. They may slowly drift apart like all his other relationships, it wouldn't surprise anyone.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3209
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by The next mrs clooney on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:30

Katiedot wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:Its not about them wanting to have their intimate time photographed its that the paps always get these shots cos they are the money shots. With previous girls there have been many an intimate moment caught at different restaurants
If you don't mind my disagreeing with you, that's not really true.

Most of the times when George was photographed on what the media called 'romantic' or 'intimate' dates, it turned out that there were other people with them. There aren't many pictures of George out to dinner with a girlfriend, just the two of them. The other people with them were often cropped out of the shots but they were there.

Of course there are reports of George out with just a girlfriend (Elisabetta supposedly took him out for a pre-50th birthday dinner at Mr Chow's) but no pictures.

It's been a long-standing joke among Clooney watchers that he doesn't seem to be able date just a girlfriend by himself.

And if you dont mind me disagreeing with you, what you are saying is not exactly true. there have been a lot of pictures of him out to dinner or out on a bike ride with just the girl. Also when they are with other people no intimacy but obviously as you stated there were intimate shots of the other girls even when they were with other people.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2167
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by party animal - not! on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:32

True, Katie, but if they're living together, does that matter? They've been to Cabo on their own, and had shot taken at a restaurant where they were reportedly having a four hour dinner. Think that was the time GC blasted the horn at the paps.....And then there's Como, where often guests stay at Villa Margherita rather at Oleandra.

Of course they're both madly sociable people with loads of friends. So whatever floats their boat...........

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Posts : 10682
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by party animal - not! on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:34

PS The Sun now seem to have justified their original story by saying it was just an itsy-bitsy split..........and have filled a few more column inches

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Posts : 10682
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:41

The next mrs clooney wrote:And if you dont mind me disagreeing with you, what you are saying is not exactly true. there have been a lot of pictures of him out to dinner or out on a bike ride with just the girl. Also when they are with other people no intimacy but obviously as you stated there were intimate shots of the other girls even when they were with other people.
On a bike ride yes. Not exactly intimate given they can't talk and barely touch each other on the bike. But there really aren't many pictures of him at dinner with just the girlfriend. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I'm assuming there must have been some.

I haven't stated there were intimate shots of the other girls even when they were with other people because that's not really my definition of intimate.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by noodle on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:46

I agree he can do as he pleases, but we can also talk about it. So here goes...
I agree he's doing what he wants to do. I think George, as much as anything, just has a short girlfriend attention span. Until he grows up enough and becomes secure enough to date an equal (age, interests etc) he will continue to lose interest and tire of them. Like most of us do with new things. They don't have the same appeal after a while. Or they start to tire of him.
What's confusing me in these latest pictures is their body language. George seems much more demonstrative than I have ever seen him. That seems a little too convenient for me. Stacy on the other hand in a lot of the pics (not every one but quite a few) , posed and candids, is leaning her head and upper torso noticeably away from him. My experience, that's usually what a woman does when she is not happy with her man for some reason. Kind of like, I'll do what you asked, but don't push your luck buddy.
I'm not sure what all that means but it really jumped out at me this morning looking at all the pics.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 313
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 17:17

party animal - not! wrote:True, Katie, but if they're living together, does that matter? They've been to Cabo on their own, and had shot taken at a restaurant where they were reportedly having a four hour dinner. Think that was the time GC blasted the horn at the paps.....And then there's Como, where often guests stay at Villa Margherita rather at Oleandra.

Of course they're both madly sociable people with loads of friends. So whatever floats their boat...........
Iagree. IMO it doesn't matter.

I don't think George and Stacy's is a tale of true romance, of two souls united for all eternity. I think George likes the convenience of a regular shag who doesn't give him too much stress and Stacy likes him well enough to go along with it.

In other words, I think they're dating, like each other and get along fine most of the time. Both know there's an expiry date on the relationship, although I'll bet that only George knows the exact date.

The reason I don't buy it's a faked relationship for publicity is because it's illogical. Think how the thought process must have gone in order for George to end up with Stacy:

Step 1: George or his publicists decide that George needs more publicity and that the best way to go about it is to get him a date.

Step 2: Because George is somehow completely unable to get a girlfriend, they have to find him a fake girlfriend.

Step 3: They pick a fake girlfriend who they already know the majority of his fans will dislike and many will even find offensive. This is due to many reasons but mostly because she's young enough to be his daughter, has limited achievements of her own and the collection of semi-nude cheesecake photos she's posed for in the past.

Step 4: George makes absolutely no effort to look like he's in a relationship with his fake girlfriend.

Does any of that seem even remotely likely?

However, the comments made about Stacy are the same as the ones made about Lisa Snowdon, Sarah Larson and Elisabetta Canalis (Krista Allen was different - there weren't any posed pictures and not that many candids of them together). That tells me that he's acting the same way with Stacy as he has with his previous girlfriends for the past 7 or so years.

Those comments are: he doesn't look happy; they're only posing; they don't go out together on a date, just the two of them; their body language shows they're not together and not happy; she's a famewhore/golddigger; he makes no effort to be with her or support her in her work; she gets invited for the red carpets and public events and then there are long periods when they're not seen together; she's his beck and call girl.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by cindigirl on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 18:59

I agree with most of your thoughts Katie.

Quote Katie:
"I think they're dating, like each other and get along fine most of the time."

Now that sounds like a perfect relationship. Doesn't get much better than that. I can understand why some think it's a fake relationship because it's just too convenient. George is doing his own thing while Stacy is working her butt off to gain some status. She's apparently not complaining about being brought out for certain occasions. It's a perfect set up, whether it was arranged by his rep or came naturally.

It doesn't get any better than that!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by silly girl on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 19:01

I am putting this here as it is Lainey's full post about GC as she promised;

George borrows Brange’s move
October 5, 2012
Posted at 12:08 PM

Posted by Lainey

George Clooney took Stacy Kiebler to the Argo premiere last night. Earlier this week there were rumours that he was done with her. Unlike last time when the same rumours were circulating and he had his publicist issue a denial, George chose instead not to release a statement since a public appearance and pictures look much better anyway. Is this a publicity stunt? Well…of course, always. But that doesn’t mean they’re hiding anything. After all, when George is done, he’s done. He doesn’t need to show up on a red carpet and pretend he’s not done. The truth is Stacy’s standing is just as secure as it has always been, so long as she takes care of her body (and you can see that’s not a problem), doesn’t talk sh-t about him in the press, and remembers to take her birth control pills, although whether or not she really needs to is another matter entirely.

To further drive home the point that they are solid, George appears to be borrowing a Brange move. Look at the positioning of his hand, almost as though he’s drawing attention to the underwear waist band of her dress.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]




silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3299
Join date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Lighterside on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 19:08

Ahahaha I was just going to post that...you beat me to it sillygirl! Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by party animal - not! on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 19:08

And that's the point, isn't it? Why on earth would GC take Sk anywhere if he didn't want to?! This is George Clooney we're talking about!

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Posts : 10682
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by cindigirl on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 19:10

silly girl wrote:[i]George appears to be borrowing a Brange move. Look at the positioning of his hand, almost as though he’s drawing attention to the underwear waist band of her dress.

Thanks for posting Lainey's comments. Now her mentioning the positioning of his hand drawing attention to the underwear waist band is something I wouldn't have noticed in a million years. lol
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Henway on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 19:32

Hmmm is it Fake or Real……
Neither, it is convenient!

You all make valid points and it is very interesting sitting back and looking at it threw others eye’s. One day I can be convinced of seeing it one way and another day another way. For me this is not even a long term relationship, I will be very surprised if Stacy gets another summer like she just had. If this couple was looking at this relationship as long term I would think ones memento’s would be incorporated in to “our” house and not made to stay in a rented apartment. Why an apartment and not a storage unit somewhere. We all know the answer on that. George looks out for his self-first and for most he will not be screwed over by a companion.

I would like to know though when she moved in to this apartment and who is paying the rent? Also seems odd that it had been on the same block as Eli’s first place.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by EEOsandy on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 19:50

I'm not sure where to put this, but since Henway just referenced Stacy's apartment I'll put it here. This Esquire article from February 2011 is Stacy "In My Place." It's interesting how the article starts off explaining who she is. I assume these pictures are from her apartment. It doesn't look that big. It could very well be the same one she and Torrie rented when they first moved to LA.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Posts : 710
Join date : 2011-11-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by party animal - not! on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 19:53

isn't this the flat which was featured in an article on SK called Me in My Place'? She's said to be worth $4 million in her own right, so I don't think the rent will be a problem!

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Posts : 10682
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by lelacorb on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 20:24

Katiedot wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:Its not about them wanting to have their intimate time photographed its that the paps always get these shots cos they are the money shots. With previous girls there have been many an intimate moment caught at different restaurants
If you don't mind my disagreeing with you, that's not really true.

Most of the times when George was photographed on what the media called 'romantic' or 'intimate' dates, it turned out that there were other people with them. There aren't many pictures of George out to dinner with a girlfriend, just the two of them. The other people with them were often cropped out of the shots but they were there.

Of course there are reports of George out with just a girlfriend (Elisabetta supposedly took him out for a pre-50th birthday dinner at Mr Chow's) but no pictures.

It's been a long-standing joke among Clooney watchers that he doesn't seem to be able date just a girlfriend by himself.
These are photos that ritragno George and Ely go out alone restaurants, but maybe I miss some pictures that portray them to Rome, Bellagio, Milan and Los Angeles, and only two of them!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3344
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Henway on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 20:27

Her being able to aford the rent is not the issue it was who is actually paying for it? I want to know is this the place she had when she was with her ex or did they live together and then she moved in to this. OR Does George like keeping his women close in distance.

Still say it is a relationship of convenience. Problem is I think Stacy was starting to believe it was more and will be more. Why else did she stop with the You know your man loves you tweets. OOPS well when they read that sure we will get one of those tweets soon then......

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by The next mrs clooney on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 22:07

Its not that illogical Katiedot, you have to remember George and Stacy were friends before. He needed someone quick for the red carpet since he and Eli broke up, makes sense to ask a friend to do it in exchange for giving her free publicity and helping her career. If you want to draw more attention then go for someone who is going to get people talking more such as a former wrestler. Plain old jane aint gonna generate the same amount of coverage thats for sure. As for not being able to get a girlfriend he probably didnt want one after being in a relationship for almost two years, I've never seen him rebound as quick before. Having a friend step into the role means he didnt have to get another girlfriend. Its seems the "relationship" was mutually beneficial to both parties in many ways. George is free to do what he wants but this is becoming such a joke now and is damaging to him, I see so many comments from people on various sites that are no longer such huge fans because of Stacy, but still his choice.

Other people may same the same thing with each girlfriend but I have not, so please dont imply that my thoughts are wrong because of others behavior.
You may not agree with me Katiedot but to call my opinion illogical is wrong and offensive. I do have the right to my opinion and it is just as logical as any other opinion shared on this forum, i.e., we are complete outsiders looking in and interpret what we see in our own ways and no one will ever know who was right and who was wrong.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2167
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by barla on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 22:47

At the end is useless groped to understand what has triggered the mechanism of this relationship .... we talked about it for a year and, for many, we could go on and on for months (the contract has not yet expired) ..
Let us entrust ourselves to the well-informed and we draw our conclusions .....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It can not be true, but it is reasonable so and this is what exactly it is said in the environments of hollywood ....

barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 06:27

The next mrs clooney wrote: Plain old jane aint gonna generate the same amount of coverage thats for sure.
Did you not see all the coverage George got for dating plain old Sarah Larson?*
The story is that George is dating. For publicity, it's not important who George dates, with the exception of his dating someone hugely famous. If he dated an a-list star, that would be phenomenal, but an ex-wrestler? None of his girlfriends were particularly well known and it made no difference at all to the coverage George got for dating them.

*by plain I mean in terms of fame, not in looks.
The next mrs clooney wrote:I see so many comments from people on various sites that are no longer such huge fans because of Stacy, but still his choice.
You'll see that with every girlfriend he dates. When George went back to Krista after Lisa several people on a fanforum left in disgust.

Stick around, because whoever he dates after Stacy will have the exact same effect on his fans. And the new fans will all think it's the first time they've seen him behave like this.

The next mrs clooney wrote:Other people may same the same thing with each girlfriend but I have not, so please dont imply that my thoughts are wrong because of others behavior.
I'm sorry if you don't like that others have said the same things you're saying but the idea that George is fake dating for publicity has been around since Sarah Larson's time. What you're saying and the reasons you're giving is neither new nor original. The people who said that Sarah, or Elisabetta or Stacy are only fake dates give the same reasons you do.

The next mrs clooney wrote:You may not agree with me Katiedot but to call my opinion illogical is wrong and offensive.
Oh please tell me you're not trying the the my-opinion-is-so-precious-no-one-can-be-allowed-to-disagree-with-it argument?

Disagreeing with an opinion isn't offensive, it's called a discussion and you're posting on a discussion forum. Of course opinions can be wrong; yours, mine, anyone who posts on here.

This is the way a discussion works: one poster gives their opinion and explains the reasons why they hold that opinion. Another poster who disagrees says so and gives the reasons why they have a different opinion. And that's it. Oh sure, there'll be ongoing replies as ideas are clarified and facts questioned but really that's all there is to it. Nobody is expected to change their mind or agree with the other. It's not a competition; there's no win-lose situation; nobody needs to be offended that their opinion is in the minority; it's simply a sharing of thoughts.

So here goes: it is my opinion that Stacy is not a fake girlfriend because:

1. I'm not convinced there's a need for a fake girlfriend. George has often done red carpets, premieres and awards solo (or with Stan as his 'date') many times in the past.

2. Stacy is a bad choice. His fans dislike her so he loses his fanbase and makes a fool of himself. That's entirely counter productive to the reason for having a fake girlfriend in the first place. Given the huge social circle George and his friends have, there's no way that Stacy (or Elisabetta, or Sarah for that matter) was the best candidate they could find.

3. George makes no effort to look like he's in a caring relationship. Again, this is entirely counter productive to the point of having a fake girlfriend and it's not as though he doesn't have acting experience. Any fool can pretend to be loved up for the 20 minutes they're in front of the paparazzi if it matters to them. Unless that fool is called George Clooney who acts more as though he just doesn't give a shit. Not really the behaviour of a man who's trying to convince the world he's in a meaningful relationship.

4. George's behaviour with Stacy is the same as it has been for Lisa, Sarah and Elisabetta. The proof of this is that when you read back on old threads, you'll see the same comments from fans over and over again. That tells us that how he consistently behaves in public with his girlfriends makes many fans publicly question the authenticity of his feelings for his girlfriend at the time.

5. The whole point of having a fake girlfriend is to fool the general public. When it's so blindingly obvious to the general public that you're faking then it's a failure. Stacy is now the third failed fake girlfriend. How likely is it that George and his management got it so badly wrong so many times?

So there we have it. You're welcome to disagree with my opinions and explain why the reasons I've given don't work for you.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Best in Category on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 07:33

I am convinced he needs a girlfriend / "girlfriend". If he goes solo lets say for a year, it will certainly raise questions.

Any woman is a bad choice. His fans /"fans" won´t all like her. His fan base don´t determine weather his movies are box-office hits or not.

He is not in a meaningful relationship (with her), it is so plastic that he would´t even dream of trying to show otherwise.

So he falls in love and falls out of love repeatedly and in the middle he is treating them the exact same way... hmmm very strange.

There is no point, at least no more, because rumours are already out there, spreading and escalating every time he appears with her, to try to fool general public. One glance and people won´t believe it.

How likely it is to got it wrong so many times?

Very likely. Field has changed because of the net. Decade ago it was much easier to control publicity than what it is today. Actually it is onetime, because it seems like they are repeating it and like Katiedot stated above: he always acts the same with them.



Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 08:06

Thanks for sharing your thoughts BiC. A couple of thoughts from me:
Best in Category wrote: I am convinced he needs a girlfriend / "girlfriend". If he goes solo lets say for a year, it will certainly raise questions.
I'm not so sure but happy to agree to disagree. He's been single for long periods of time before - if I remember rightly, he was solo two years between Lisa and Sarah and it doesn't seem to have been a big issue.

Best in Category wrote:Any woman is a bad choice. His fans /"fans" won´t all like her. His fan base don´t determine weather his movies are box-office hits or not.
I agree to a certain extent. No matter who he dates, some fans are just going to hate her. That's the nature of being human: every woman on earth will do something/say something/have something in her past/dress badly on occasion or whatever that somebody somewhere won't like. But he can still choose better than he has so far.

I agree his fan base doesn't directly determine his box office.

Best in Category wrote: He is not in a meaningful relationship (with her), it is so plastic that he would´t even dream of trying to show otherwise.
I agree it's not a meaningful relationship. That doesn't mean it's not a relationship, though.

Best in Category wrote:So he falls in love and falls out of love repeatedly and in the middle he is treating them the exact same way... hmmm very strange.
Who said he's been in love with any of them? That's not the way I see it. I think he's been happy with his girlfriends - some more so than others - but I've not seen what looks like love.

Best in Category wrote: How likely it is to got it wrong so many times?

Very likely. Field has changed because of the net. Decade ago it was much easier to control publicity than what it is today. Actually it is onetime, because it seems like they are repeating it and like Katiedot stated above: he always acts the same with them.
Fair point. But we're not talking about a decade ago, we're talking about his behaviour since 2007 to date, so recent. I think his team are smart enough to have figured out the changing game.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Duffy on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 14:35

I think the fake vs real question is a difficult one. From my perspective, it's not a real relationship, but that's based on my own standards/definition of one, as well as the fact that I only see bits and pieces of George's life through what's made available by the media and written online. I have found many of his relationship choices quite odd and incongruous to the rest of his life's activities, but who am I to judge?

One part that interests me though, is not so much the actual relationships themselves, but rather how they are viewed by the media and public and the reactions people have to them. There seems to have been a real shift in people's thinking over the last 4-5 years, moving from the relatively tame 'who's the lucky woman dating George Clooney now?' line to the extremely critical and snarky 'oh God, not another wannabe/famewh*re/golddigger' line. Beside the facts that George has gotten older and his girlfriends haven't, and that he has arguably become even more famous, what is it that changed between 2005 and 2007 in the way his relationships started to be perceived by fans and the general public?

From what I remember, the term 'contract girlfriend' didn't really come into heavy use until Sarah Larson came up on the radar. And once it did, the same term then got applied to Eli and now Stacy. Is it just something the media has created and the general public has latched onto because they can't understand the relationship choices he has made within the last 5 years, or is there something different in the way he appears to act publicly with these women when he trots them out on the red carpet for what appears to be another publicity-seeking photo op? (I'm sure the second part of this last question came off as snarky, but based on what I witnessed at last year's LFF where he basically ran down the carpet with Stacy only to dump her at the end of it in front of the photogs for her to have pictures taken alone while he went back to do the press line and talk to fans, it all seemed quite unnatural and contrived for publicity purposes.)

I don't follow the antics of most celebrities, but I do read gossip sites on my lunch hour for some light entertainment. I'm trying to remember other instances where you have a well-known celebrity dating someone relatively anonymous in comparison. And if the term 'contract relationship' was ever discussed so widely in another situation? Can't think of one off the top of my head that has seemed so blatantly written about. Even when Daniel Craig was dating Satsuki Mitchell (?) before he married Rachel Weisz (apologies for the spelling if I've got it wrong!), I don't recall the press or fans trying to poke as many holes in the validity of their relationship. Of course, many Daniel fans couldn't stand his girlfriend and would go off on bizarre rants about her online, much the same way George's fans have done, but I never got the same impression that so many people thought the relationship was fake and that it was only being done for publicity purposes. Then again, Daniel's relationship lasted many years, whereas George has had a revolving door.

Guess what I'm struggling with is, if he has treated women in the same consistent manner for the last 10+ years since Celine walked, and the girlfriends all seem to be in the same age bracket, why is it only now within the last 4-5 years that there are so many more comments being made about each successive relationship being fake? Is it just an easy label for the media and the public to use today? Whatever happened to the term 'trophy girlfriend/wife', or am I dating myself here and that's just an old-fashioned term for the same thing now? I don't think it is. The words 'contract' and 'fake' seem somehow harsher to me than 'trophy', but maybe that's just me. George is definitely looking older these days, so more of the public is seeing the age disparity between him and his girlfriends, but instead of going for something like a 'trophy girlfriend' label, people are instead cutting deeper (I think) and going straight for the 'it's gotta be a contract' label instead. What's driving that? What has he been doing differently publicity-wise with Sarah/Eli/Stacy that the media and public now see, and react to these relationships much differently than in the past?

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by The next mrs clooney on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 15:01

Katiedot wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote: Plain old jane aint gonna generate the same amount of coverage thats for sure.
Did you not see all the coverage George got for dating plain old Sarah Larson?*
The story is that George is dating. For publicity, it's not important who George dates, with the exception of his dating someone hugely famous. If he dated an a-list star, that would be phenomenal, but an ex-wrestler? None of his girlfriends were particularly well known and it made no difference at all to the coverage George got for dating them.

*by plain I mean in terms of fame, not in looks.
The next mrs clooney wrote:I see so many comments from people on various sites that are no longer such huge fans because of Stacy, but still his choice.
You'll see that with every girlfriend he dates. When George went back to Krista after Lisa several people on a fanforum left in disgust.

Stick around, because whoever he dates after Stacy will have the exact same effect on his fans. And the new fans will all think it's the first time they've seen him behave like this.

The next mrs clooney wrote:Other people may same the same thing with each girlfriend but I have not, so please dont imply that my thoughts are wrong because of others behavior.
I'm sorry if you don't like that others have said the same things you're saying but the idea that George is fake dating for publicity has been around since Sarah Larson's time. What you're saying and the reasons you're giving is neither new nor original. The people who said that Sarah, or Elisabetta or Stacy are only fake dates give the same reasons you do.

The next mrs clooney wrote:You may not agree with me Katiedot but to call my opinion illogical is wrong and offensive.
Oh please tell me you're not trying the the my-opinion-is-so-precious-no-one-can-be-allowed-to-disagree-with-it argument?

Disagreeing with an opinion isn't offensive, it's called a discussion and you're posting on a discussion forum. Of course opinions can be wrong; yours, mine, anyone who posts on here.

This is the way a discussion works: one poster gives their opinion and explains the reasons why they hold that opinion. Another poster who disagrees says so and gives the reasons why they have a different opinion. And that's it. Oh sure, there'll be ongoing replies as ideas are clarified and facts questioned but really that's all there is to it. Nobody is expected to change their mind or agree with the other. It's not a competition; there's no win-lose situation; nobody needs to be offended that their opinion is in the minority; it's simply a sharing of thoughts.

So here goes: it is my opinion that Stacy is not a fake girlfriend because:

1. I'm not convinced there's a need for a fake girlfriend. George has often done red carpets, premieres and awards solo (or with Stan as his 'date') many times in the past.

2. Stacy is a bad choice. His fans dislike her so he loses his fanbase and makes a fool of himself. That's entirely counter productive to the reason for having a fake girlfriend in the first place. Given the huge social circle George and his friends have, there's no way that Stacy (or Elisabetta, or Sarah for that matter) was the best candidate they could find.

3. George makes no effort to look like he's in a caring relationship. Again, this is entirely counter productive to the point of having a fake girlfriend and it's not as though he doesn't have acting experience. Any fool can pretend to be loved up for the 20 minutes they're in front of the paparazzi if it matters to them. Unless that fool is called George Clooney who acts more as though he just doesn't give a shit. Not really the behaviour of a man who's trying to convince the world he's in a meaningful relationship.

4. George's behaviour with Stacy is the same as it has been for Lisa, Sarah and Elisabetta. The proof of this is that when you read back on old threads, you'll see the same comments from fans over and over again. That tells us that how he consistently behaves in public with his girlfriends makes many fans publicly question the authenticity of his feelings for his girlfriend at the time.

5. The whole point of having a fake girlfriend is to fool the general public. When it's so blindingly obvious to the general public that you're faking then it's a failure. Stacy is now the third failed fake girlfriend. How likely is it that George and his management got it so badly wrong so many times?

So there we have it. You're welcome to disagree with my opinions and explain why the reasons I've given don't work for you.

It's not about people disagreeing with my opinion its that way that they (you in this case) go about it. I am entitled to my opinion as you say but rather than responding to my posts in a way that recognizes that it is my opinion you basically say it is wrong. Maybe you dont realize how you come across I really dont know but to call someones opinion illogical is basically telling them they are wrong. As for your constant need to bring up what others have said throughout the years, I really dont care. I have never said these things and you have no idea just like I dont as to what I will be saying about the next one so this argument is redundant and has no bearing on my opinion. And to assume that all of George's fans think the same or will do the same thing is actually disrespectful. We are all different people with different opinions and your need to throw this blanket statement around all the time does not show that you respect our individuality or our ability to think independently. Your explanation of how a discussion works was simply patronizing whether you realize it or not. I am an intelligent woman and dont need to be belittled. I have discussions with many on this site and its never a discussion when someone says you are wrong or your thoughts are illogical. Your need to come back at me once again with this patronizing post is completely unnecessary.

it is my opinion that this relationship is not a real relationship and George hopped into it with a friend because he felt he wanted/needed to have an escort for his oscar campaign. he chose Stacy because she was a friend who had some experience of red carpets and thought it would be easier than looking for someone new. have they slept together? possibly but the "relationship" is a business arrangement. I dont think he has ever acted like this with any other woman and believe he has had some meaningful relationship in the past. Stacy had a lot to gain out of this arrangement so why not take a year out from your dating life to try to get a career for yourself. He will continue to keep pulling her out of her box when he needs her and she will go along with as it will benefit her financially to keep her name in the press and be associated with him. They are now going to go overboard with dinners at pap hot spots to dispel break up rumors as the arrangement is still needed for both parties. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND I DONT CARE IF OTHERS AGREE OR DISAGREE. NOW I AM DONE WITH THIS TOPIC!!!! cheers
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2167
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by amaretti on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 15:12

He slept with Stacy , really . I do not think so .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2390
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by silly girl on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 15:27

I wish we wouldn't fight. I agree it doesn't seem like it is a real relationship but that doesn't mean it is totally fake. I think as Duffy said it started out as friendship and a need for a companion on the red carpet. Maybe she then started thinking it was more than that. I don't believe it a contract thing I think he just wants to have someone in his life when he needs it. It is true that as he gets older and the women stay the same age it is starting to look weird. Plus this one happened so close to his breakup. The difference with the age is more evident because he has said he doesn't want to marry or have children. Other celebrities who have much younger mates such as Bruce Willis and Michael Douglas got married to them and had children. Plus we really never see them anywhere out and about. They truly are more private. I was amazed to see MD with his kids when he was sick because I didn't realize how big they had gotten. The paparazzi were really after him because he was in the news. They were pretty much out of sight while growing up. I know BW married a model but I look and I never really see her around. I have seen one or two photos of them walking with the new baby.

Interestingly enough there was a break up rumor about another couple Dominic Purcell and AnnaLynne McCord, he is 42 and she is 25. But then they dispelled rumors by walking hand in hand out and about after a breakfast date. Within a day of the rumor.

GC did it all wrong. No matter when they break up--be it sooner or later---it is not going to look good.

I think they will stay together through Oscar season is a correct assumption...who knows.....fake or real it is what is.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3299
Join date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by amaretti on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 15:30

I think he needs to make a statement .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2390
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Best in Category on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 15:30

Duffy wrote:

One part that interests me though, is not so much the actual relationships themselves, but rather how they are viewed by the media and public and the reactions people have to them. There seems to have been a real shift in people's thinking over the last 4-5 years, moving from the relatively tame 'who's the lucky woman dating George Clooney now?' line to the extremely critical and snarky 'oh God, not another wannabe/famewh*re/golddigger' line. Beside the facts that George has gotten older and his girlfriends haven't, and that he has arguably become even more famous, what is it that changed between 2005 and 2007 in the way his relationships started to be perceived by fans and the general public?

What has he been doing differently publicity-wise with Sarah/Eli/Stacy that the media and public now see, and react to these relationships much differently than in the past?

Exactly Duffy. Good points. I can´t answer how he has changed because I only know this "stacy era" and only few months of it. Very Happy But media and general public is acting more harsh, mean and merciless nowadays (because of internet and they can do it anonymous). Even if you are doing everything like average John Smith, people will find something wrong with it and won´t hold back but let the world know how they feel...

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by amaretti on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 15:41

Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2390
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Maggy on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 15:47

"Even if you are doing everything like average John Smith, people will find something wrong with it and won´t hold back but let the world know how they feel..."

no end Noooo!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Best in Category on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 15:56

No end affraid

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by amaretti on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 16:24

End

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2390
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 16:55

The next mrs clooney wrote: It's not about people disagreeing with my opinion its that way that they (you in this case) go about it. I am entitled to my opinion as you say but rather than responding to my posts in a way that recognizes that it is my opinion you basically say it is wrong.
I'm really sorry if it upsets you but to me a lot of what you say actually is wrong. And I've given you my reasons for why I think so. That doesn't mean I'm right and you're welcome to give your reasons for why my reasons seem wrong to you.

The next mrs clooney wrote: Maybe you dont realize how you come across I really dont know but to call someones opinion illogical is basically telling them they are wrong.
I'm sorry if that's how you're reading it but firstly I didn't say your opinion is illogical. Read what I wrote: I said the steps that would need to happen in order for Stacy to to be a fake girlfriend are illogical.

Secondly, if I were to find your opinion illogical or wrong, why am I not allowed to say so? I've already told you, nobody's opinion is so precious that it can't be disagreed with.

The next mrs clooney wrote: As for your constant need to bring up what others have said throughout the years, I really dont care.
I'm sorry, I don't really get this. You seem to be saying you don't care that you're saying the same things as others have said and somehow don't consider their opinions relevant. I'm not sure how I can treat your opinions as unique and original when to me they're not. Help me here.

The next mrs clooney wrote:I have never said these things and you have no idea just like I dont as to what I will be saying about the next one so this argument is redundant and has no bearing on my opinion.
Read again: I haven't said what you would say about the next one. I said stick around and see what OTHERS will say about her.

For all I know, maybe you'll love the next girlfriend. If so, I can't tell you how happy I'll be to have you here, helping me paritally defend a largely blameless woman from attacks by angry fans based on largely imaginary failings. It'll be you and me (and probably Cindigirl and Joanna and a few other kinder people) against the world, baby!

The next mrs clooney wrote:And to assume that all of George's fans think the same or will do the same thing is actually disrespectful. We are all different people with different opinions and your need to throw this blanket statement around all the time does not show that you respect our individuality or our ability to think independently.
Again, read what I wrote. I'm well aware that not all fans think alike which is why I try to use words like 'many', 'most', 'often' and so on. I would hope it's clear that I don't mean every single fan in all of history without exception.

The next mrs clooney wrote:Your explanation of how a discussion works was simply patronizing whether you realize it or not.
Yes, it was an extremely simplistic way of explaining it but I can't find any other way to show you what I mean. You seem to be determined to be upset and offended by someone disagreeing with you. You keep repeating that people aren't allowed to call your opinions wrong or illogical and I'm trying to tell you that that's not correct in the simplest way I can.

I'm still not sure that I've been successful. I hoped you'd be able to respond to some of the reasons I gave and show why you think they're wrong but instead you've just stated the same things again as if there'd never been any discussion.

I've already given you the reasons why I disagree with your opinions so I won't repeat that. I've done it in an easy point-by-point way and you're welcome to respond if you want to. Or if you're done with this then fine, you're done with it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by cindigirl on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 19:06

I don't think it would be very lucerative for George and Stacy to break up just yet. Aren't there a couple more appearances George has to attend? We can't have him appear solo!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by amaretti on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 20:15

I think it's a good time.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2390
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Joanna on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 00:22

Isn't it just the gossip media being harsh about the
relationship issue ?
How is "the public" being harsh ? What does that expression
mean ?

I'd imagine that "the public" has much more important things to be concerned with and couldn't give a Rhett Butler about an American actor called George Clooney and his personal/love/private life.

Things written on the internet by "the public" have to be viewed with a pinch of salt anyway IMO.
Anyone can say anything and just jump on a topical
band wagon just to get attention or to get into an argument.

It's the same with these opinion poles that the media get so wrapped up in and excited about.
Has anyone here ever been asked their opinion about anything
relevant to today's major issues ? I know I haven't. And yet the findings can be made so much of by the media.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19402
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by madsky on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 04:04

I agree with Next Mrs. Clooney that Stacy and George are most likely a contracted "fake" relationship, and I'll up this even further most of his past public relationships in the last decade have been contracted "fake" relationships. Here's why:

1. George hasn't really been without a steady visible red carpet girl since before Sarah over 6 years ago. A few times the girls have not attended , but mostly they are there. For some reason George now likes the appearance of him on the red carpet with a "steady girlfriend."

2. Stacy is a perfect choice. She's attractive, not complicated, follows directions, and knows how to play the game. Smile and don't make waves. She may irritate some fans, but any woman would. I also think some people on here are overestimating the size of George's current fan base, and who he is really trying to "fool" (for lack of a better word) with this relationship. First I love George but he is not your big box office attraction anymore. He makes profitable intelligent and generally critically acclaimed films, but hasn't had a blockbuster since the Ocean's movies. Nothing he has done recently compares to the 48 million US households watching him on ER's in the Hell and High Water episode. He had a far larger and broader fan base then, when he might have had to worry about insulting his fans. The majority of his fans now, aren't going to stop seeing his movies because of who he "contracts." He is playing for different crowd now, Hollywood Executives mostly middle aged-older men. Talk to a middle aged older man about George Clooney, and he is their "acceptable" fantasy. Beautiful steady women that you change every couple of years, money, travel. He is just cool!! He's playing to the them, creating an image.

3. There are many different reasons to have a contract girlfriend, not just that you are gay and hiding it to fool the public. One reason is George may really mean what he says and wants to keep his private life private. Not saying that he has the "One" girlfriend hidden, but I think it is just as likely that he has had several meaningful relationships that have been very private. One way to help with that privacy is to have a contracted girl deflecting the media circus.

4. George has had his issues with the gossip media for a long time. He could just be doing it to screw with them. Stacy even said in one interview before George that she thought it would be fun to be a contract girl to a movie star. So she gets it too. This is a bit immature and childish, but really so is George.

5. My final reason is the girls never talk or leak any good info at all. I know they are getting money, but still seems too quiet for me, one would have leaked something or asked for something extraordinary that we would hear about.

Now I could be wrong, but the only thing that would surprise me with him is if he marries her moves back to Kentucky and has 10 kids.


Last edited by madsky on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 04:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

madsky
Clooney Expert

Posts : 292
Join date : 2011-10-01
Location : maryland, U.S.A.

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by it's me on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:09

amore mio
10
mi sembrano
un po' tantini....


aren't ten a bit too much, hon?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 18377
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Best in Category on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:07

Irrefutable pabulum... cheers

I guess the question what means “public is harsh” was for me. The saying public (people around the world) has “more important things” in mind is true, BUT even the most respectable professionals need fun time, it means they surf, nothing meaningful, but just to give their brains a break and maybe let some steam out (replying on message boards, stating opinions, reading blogs, tweets even).

Sport events have a similar function, like football games, people get emotional, yell and act like crazy. They get mad at players, referees, each other if they are not supporting the same league.

Celebrities are modern days gladiators. Audience is “out there” approving or disapproving their actions. Panem et circenses (bread and circuses). Very Happy
*************
Si, si, grande famiglia
avrebbe dovuto farlo Razz

Oh sorry that was not for me Rolling Eyes

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by it's me on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:12

LOL!

he is maybe still in time.... who knows ?

anyway the modern days gladiators is an interesting idea

also the I calm down anxiety by surfing

I agree
it works for me too


it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 18377
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Joanna on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:55

Personally I don't consider George Clooney to be a celebrity,
rightly or wrongly.
He's much more than that IMO.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19402
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by theminis on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 13:14

If George wants to carry on a fake relationship to satisfy who (the public) then more the fool him, except I dont think George is a fool!!! Now does he seek out women who are not going to expect too much from him, perhaps, but that still does not make the relationship contractual or fake.
theminis
theminis
Moderator

Posts : 6088
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : Oz

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Best in Category on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 13:38

Joanna wrote:Personally I don't consider George Clooney to be a celebrity,
rightly or wrongly.
He's much more than that IMO.

More than that, like what? What is superlative to celebrity( definition of celebrity checked)? scratch
George Soros is celebrity in his own field, Steven Jobs was celebrity in his own field. Both world wide known persons with fame and fortune. George Clooney is celebrity in his field.

They are celebrities that are "famous for being famous paradigm" (paris hilton, kardashians, reality show stars and so many others) and then we have celebrities that are celebrities because of their connection to the famous people (SK for good example).

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Joanna on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 14:02

George Clooney is accomplished in many areas artistically/creatively
actor, director, writer, producer and has received many awards and nominations for all that.
I suppose I think all that supersedes calling him just a celebrity,
in my mind.
It's an interesting topic for discussion, on another thread, I imagine.

Maybe check his entry on Wickie for full details about
his many accomplishments ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19402
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Lighterside on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 15:34

I agree with you Joanna and I think that the real problem is that we overuse the word "celebrity" and now it hasn't got the same meaning for everyone that it used to signify. 30 years ago a "celebrity" had to be a bonafide performer of some kind who was at the top of their particular field and as mentioned above, it can be related to any field but signified "excellence" in that field.

Today you have the garden variety of celebrity, not being good at anything in particular and in some cases "not being good" ie making and releasing porn tapes of yourself, makes you the celebrity.

Those are two completely different situations but the same word is being applied and therefore the "word" has lost it's original meaning.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by fava on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 16:01

madsky wrote:I agree with Next Mrs. Clooney that Stacy and George are most likely a contracted "fake" relationship, and I'll up this even further most of his past public relationships in the last decade have been contracted "fake" relationships. Here's why:

1. George hasn't really been without a steady visible red carpet girl since before Sarah over 6 years ago. A few times the girls have not attended , but mostly they are there. For some reason George now likes the appearance of him on the red carpet with a "steady girlfriend."

2. Stacy is a perfect choice. She's attractive, not complicated, follows directions, and knows how to play the game. Smile and don't make waves. She may irritate some fans, but any woman would. I also think some people on here are overestimating the size of George's current fan base, and who he is really trying to "fool" (for lack of a better word) with this relationship. First I love George but he is not your big box office attraction anymore. He makes profitable intelligent and generally critically acclaimed films, but hasn't had a blockbuster since the Ocean's movies. Nothing he has done recently compares to the 48 million US households watching him on ER's in the Hell and High Water episode. He had a far larger and broader fan base then, when he might have had to worry about insulting his fans. The majority of his fans now, aren't going to stop seeing his movies because of who he "contracts." He is playing for different crowd now, Hollywood Executives mostly middle aged-older men. Talk to a middle aged older man about George Clooney, and he is their "acceptable" fantasy. Beautiful steady women that you change every couple of years, money, travel. He is just cool!! He's playing to the them, creating an image.

3. There are many different reasons to have a contract girlfriend, not just that you are gay and hiding it to fool the public. One reason is George may really mean what he says and wants to keep his private life private. Not saying that he has the "One" girlfriend hidden, but I think it is just as likely that he has had several meaningful relationships that have been very private. One way to help with that privacy is to have a contracted girl deflecting the media circus.

4. George has had his issues with the gossip media for a long time. He could just be doing it to screw with them. Stacy even said in one interview before George that she thought it would be fun to be a contract girl to a movie star. So she gets it too. This is a bit immature and childish, but really so is George.

5. My final reason is the girls never talk or leak any good info at all. I know they are getting money, but still seems too quiet for me, one would have leaked something or asked for something extraordinary that we would hear about.

Now I could be wrong, but the only thing that would surprise me with him is if he marries her moves back to Kentucky and has 10 kids.

So why does it have to be a fake or contract relationshjip? There are plenty of men who always have a girlfriend (and women who always seem to need a man in their lives). Maybe he looks for another girlfriend right away when a relationship ends. Perhaps he likes having a girlfriend and what that type of relationship can give him. The idea that he is manipulating the press and the public by pretending to have relationship with someone is very troubling to me. What else does he do to manipulate public opinion then? If I thought he was that calculating and dishonest I could not respect him as a person and probably would not be reading this site.

Whether there is a non-disclosure agreement (and I think there is) , is a whole different issue.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1200
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum