Log in

I forgot my password

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Facebo13
The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Twitte12
Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by LornaDoone on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 16:29

fava wrote:

So why does it have to be a fake or contract relationship? There are plenty of men who always have a girlfriend (and women who always seem to need a man in their lives). Maybe he looks for another girlfriend right away when a relationship ends. Perhaps he likes having a girlfriend and what that type of relationship can give him. The idea that he is manipulating the press and the public by pretending to have relationship with someone is very troubling to me. What else does he do to manipulate public opinion then? If I thought he was that calculating and dishonest I could not respect him as a person and probably would not be reading this site.

Whether there is a non-disclosure agreement (and I think there is) , is a whole different issue.

Seriously? Then you should be disappointed in EVERY actor / actress / public official or hell, even every corporation out there. They all in one way or another work to manipulate the press and the public!

In the case of actors / actresses / those in the entertainment industry -- some start the manipulation by changing their name. Some change their appearance with surgery and "inserts." The list goes on and on.

Anyone with a publicist is working to manipulate the press and the public to have a more positive opinion of their client. It's the nature of the industry! So that you would be so appalled by it is just fascinating.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6701
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by cindigirl on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 16:41

Fake or contract relationship sounds so hard and a little harsh to me. I've been following George for a couple of years now and it's pretty well known that he likes (not loves) women and apparently he likes having an attractive woman on his arm. Nothing wrong with that. And the fact that any woman he becomes attached to becomes the target of endless scrutiny is inevitable.

I don't know if theirs is a contract relationship but if his purpose is to not use her for PR purpose it has ultimately become just that given the amount of attention they get together compared to his career accomplishmnts alone.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by fava on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 16:53

I understand that. I am saying that to claim to be in a relationship with someone when you are not is deceitful. I know publicists seek to portray their clients in the most positive light, but I think they cross an ethical line when they lie. I am sure there are numerous ways to manipulate opinion or put a spin on things that stop short of lying. How do we know he is sincere about his charitable work and that is is not just a means of manipulating public opinion and raising his profile as he ages?

I am not saying that I believe this is a "fake" relationship, in fact I believe the opposite. Whether it's a deep or serious relationship or not, we will probably never know.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1200
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by cindigirl on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 16:58

fava wrote:I understand that. I am saying that to claim to be in a relationship with someone when you are not is deceitful.

Hi fava - maybe I missed it but I don't recall George ever stating to the press that he was in a relationship with her. I think it's all speculation on gossip sites.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by blubelle on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 18:32

How many threads on this forum are devoted to G's lady friends, past and present. How many comments are there that relate to these topics? How many would there be if he never appeared in public with a gf?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 959
Join date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by LornaDoone on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:01

blubelle wrote:How many threads on this forum are devoted to G's lady friends, past and present. How many comments are there that relate to these topics? How many would there be if he never appeared in public with a gf?

Interesting point blubelle. Would we all be here if he never went out with a girl friend? What would we talk about?

His work, yes, we do delve in there and we do discuss his charitable and political efforts but you are correct, most of the comments here and even on other sites speak to his involvement with women.

Is that calculated on his part by his choices?? I don't think so.

I just think George is lousy at picking his dates - and some of us - like me find his choices troubling. How it bothers others is for them to speak about. For me, as you all know - his choices are troubling in relation to his efforts in Sudan. But as I've said, he seems to be keeping Stacy away from his work in that area so I have less issue with her than either Sarah or Eli.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6701
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by premiere on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:08

OK, I have to weigh in here. I think they broke up at the end of the summer. It just seems very strange to me that she left Italy to party with friends in Greece, and then didn't visit him at all in Oklahoma. She also tried to avoid the subject when asked about George and acted very ill-at-ease. Since G is going to be doing some very high-profile benefits and appearances for Obama in the next few months, the last thing he wants is for questions about a break-up with Stacy while he very much wants the topic to be about the presidentiall race. Hence, the recent sightings with SK. Bet this "relationship" is over right after the election.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Posts : 293
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by EEOsandy on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 02:09

Premiere, I agree with you that they broke up at the end of the summer or were at least having problems. Why such a long break? Also, why did Stacy stay in NY for so long instead of going back to LA to "their" house. Except for NYFW she didn't seem to have much going on there. New York Daily published this yesterday. They seem pretty confident in their sources. If they didn't, I believe they would have just left it alone instead of publishing this.

CLOONEY & KEIBLER’S SURPRISE SEQUEL

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler looked all lovey-dovey as they walked the red carpet at the Los Angeles premiere of Ben Affleck’s “Argo” Thursday night. But make no mistake — our recent scoop that the power duo have hit a rough spot in their relationship still stands. Says our impeccable source: “Stacy has been trying to work it out with George … They’re like any other couple, they have ups and downs.” Here’s hoping it all works out!

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Posts : 710
Join date : 2011-11-28

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by LornaDoone on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 02:21

Wanted to comment on some issues raised in earlier posts about why the media is making such a big deal about his relationships being fake or contractual.

Does anyone wonder if the insistent posts on IMDB and other websites by the psycho squad who took over not only that site but also Milano Cookie Aisle may have had something to do with this perception?

I was as harsh as many when he started dating Sarah but I don't ever remember catagorizing his relationship as contractual because I don't have any proof that any of his relationships since Sarah involved contracts. My harshness stemmed from the pictures of them out on the internet and the decisions they made that, unfortunately for them, were given credence by the photos. And my issue has always been with their ill-conceived choices that made THEM out to be less than classy (I'm being kind here).

But if you are a media person and you continually see post after post from his fans that declare his relationship IS contractual and not based on true feeling, then would you maybe start to think that there might be something to all this "smoke" being blown? Would it lead you to start trying to get more info from credible sources to confirm or irrefutably deny (and perhaps somehow prove) that the talk is just that - talk and not based on the truth?

I could see a non-disclosure agreement but would that come up front or after the fact?

And do we base our issues with the women on George's public persona i.e. being that of a classy, well-dressed, well-read politically and charitably involved and caring man, but then he dates what could be considered trashy women (based on what we see of them on the internet)?

I can tell you the first crotch shot of Krista really threw me for a loop. Sarah's commando shots on the motorcycle, to me, seemed to be an indication of a woman who was more on the trashy then classy side. And you've read my comments on my issues with Eli with her breasts on display in a nuns costume.

So George's "classy" image is jarred by his dating choices and that seems to throw some of us for a loop. It certainly did to me.

I guess that's why I was so taken with Isabel - that's the type of woman, I as a fan, would like to see with George because then it "fits" the picture I have of him.

So maybe others are having issues with this lack of fit? Heck, maybe even the media is having the issue. And so are the fans and the media looking for ways to understand the disparity between the image we have of him and his choices? Perhaps this contractual relationship theory seems to be a way to explain the disparity between his classy image and the reality.

See with Krista George NEVER took her on a red carpet so she was more hidden than these gals. Though his female fans (me included) lost it whenever we did see him out in public with her, he didn't take her to the Oscars when he won for Best Supporting Actor. But there is a famous picture that hit many media outlets and fan websites of him in the backseat of a car with Krista and his Oscar. I remember his fans ripping him to shreds on the fan site forums because of that.

He's been dating this type of woman for a long time, IMO what has changed is that he now drags them down the red carpet and that's when I think the fans turned on him and all this talk about contracts started. The fact that the internet and smart phones makes his movements so more quickly available for fans to see also must have a lot to do with this furor when he drags one of the latest along.

JMO


LornaDoone
LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6701
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by janieb on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 02:30

EEOsandy wrote:I'm not sure where to put this, but since Henway just referenced Stacy's apartment I'll put it here. This Esquire article from February 2011 is Stacy "In My Place." It's interesting how the article starts off explaining who she is. I assume these pictures are from her apartment. It doesn't look that big. It could very well be the same one she and Torrie rented when they first moved to LA.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yep, that's how I always sit around my house!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Sofa bounce
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Posts : 286
Join date : 2010-12-12
Location : Fresno, CA

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by party animal - not! on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 02:31

Mm, I wonder. If you think about it, last summer SK was touring around Europe with nineteen of her friends, popping in and out of London with one who'd never been there, and seemed to be over there for two long trips - during one of which she was in Italy.

Then she went to Cabo around her birthday time again with friends. I don't think we know quite where GC fitted into that arrangement.

She seems to me to be very like him, is very active, friends all over the place and loves travelling.

We have no idea whether they;ve seen each other half way across the country or not, or met up at weekends. Or if they met up in Greece. We can only suppose....but I'm not sure she's as biddable as we might think

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Posts : 10680
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by bamboochacha on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 04:54

Does it matter?

bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-06-30
Location : White Rock, B.C Canada

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 06:07

Lighterside wrote:I agree with you Joanna and I think that the real problem is that we overuse the word "celebrity" and now it hasn't got the same meaning for everyone that it used to signify. 30 years ago a "celebrity" had to be a bonafide performer of some kind who was at the top of their particular field and as mentioned above, it can be related to any field but signified "excellence" in that field.
Exactly.

I think nowadays we need to use the word star to delineate the difference between someone who's famous (a celebrity) and someone who's famous for a good reason (a star).

LornaDoone wrote:Seriously? Then you should be disappointed in EVERY actor / actress / public official or hell, even every corporation out there. They all in one way or another work to manipulate the press and the public!
I think there's a difference between manipulating the press and actively deceiving it by lying.

Putting on your best face and showcasing the good side of yourself is something that every person does, celebs included.

Actively pretending to be something you're not in order to fool people into believing something about you that's not true is a different kettle of fish entirely.

premiere wrote:, the last thing he wants is for questions about a break-up with Stacy while he very much wants the topic to be about the presidentiall race. Hence, the recent sightings with SK. Bet this "relationship" is over right after the election.
George isn't running for president and isn't all that deeply involved in politics - not to the point where his relationship would be an issue. Nobody asked where Stacy was at the White House Correspondents's Dinner and they won't ask at any future events he attends either.

We always make this excuse that George 'doesn't want to talk about a break up' but the fact is he doesn't get asked about it anyway because it's already been arranged like that. Before he does red carpets or TV interviews his team will tell the media that he isn't going to be talking about his girlfriend.

LornaDoone wrote: Does anyone wonder if the insistent posts on IMDB and other websites by the psycho squad who took over not only that site but also Milano Cookie Aisle may have had something to do with this perception?
I think it's reached tipping point. We've had one crazy fan literally posting her crackpot theories on every website she can find for some years now. As we all know, if you throw enough shit, some of it will stick.

LornaDoone wrote:But if you are a media person and you continually see post after post from his fans that declare his relationship IS contractual and not based on true feeling, then would you maybe start to think that there might be something to all this "smoke" being blown? Would it lead you to start trying to get more info from credible sources to confirm or irrefutably deny (and perhaps somehow prove) that the talk is just that - talk and not based on the truth?
I think the gossip media have no more inside info than we do here. I've also had the feeling for a long while that they might read fan sites as some kind of thermometer as to what's going on in the celebrity's life.

LornaDoone wrote:I could see a non-disclosure agreement but would that come up front or after the fact?
I think it comes as soon as you get invlved in George's life. Not just dating him, but working for him too.

LornaDoone wrote: And do we base our issues with the women on George's public persona i.e. being that of a classy, well-dressed, well-read politically and charitably involved and caring man, but then he dates what could be considered trashy women (based on what we see of them on the internet)? [ . . . ] So George's "classy" image is jarred by his dating choices and that seems to throw some of us for a loop. It certainly did to me.
I think there's a big element of this. The two sides of George don't appear to match up and people question why.

For me, I can explain it by saying I see many people (in fact, probably most people) behaving in apparently contradictory ways in their life. George just doesn't reach ideal standards in every area of his life, but I can also see how to some people that's not a good enough explanation.

LornaDoone wrote: He's been dating this type of woman for a long time, IMO what has changed is that he now drags them down the red carpet and that's when I think the fans turned on him and all this talk about contracts started.
I largely agree with you here. The only thing I would add is that it's not particularly new for him to be seen in public with his girlfriends. Lisa Snowdon was also dragged through the mud by fans (myself included - that was before I mellowed!) and the horror among some fans when he took her out on the red carpet was palpable.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Joanna on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:44

I have a simple mind.

If the relationship with Stacy is a "fake/contract one" then why would his very well respected parents go along with it and why would Stacy's parents go along with it by them all staying together for some time in George's villa during the summer ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19402
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Joanna on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:11

Lighterside wrote:I agree with you Joanna and I think that the real problem is that we overuse the word "celebrity" and now it hasn't got the same meaning for everyone that it used to signify. 30 years ago a "celebrity" had to be a bonafide performer of some kind who was at the top of their particular field and as mentioned above, it can be related to any field but signified "excellence" in that field.

Today you have the garden variety of celebrity, not being good at anything in particular and in some cases "not being good" ie making and releasing porn tapes of yourself, makes you the celebrity.

Those are two completely different situations but the same word is being applied and therefore the "word" has lost it's original meaning.


That's just what I think and you have put it far better than I could,
lighterside. Thumbs up!

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19402
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by party animal - not! on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:17

Joanna. couldn't have put it better myself. Totally agree

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Posts : 10680
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by lelacorb on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 13:26

I do not believe in a contract but if it was a real relationship (where love is in the first place) she would be with him in Corsica and Paris and London but no he went alone and might have been in the Corvette with him divertisi on the streets of Los Angeles and not to run alone on the streets of Los Angeles: Two months separating him from side to her by another (this is proved by the photos and the articles) and then smiling on the red carpet and concert for Obama. There seems to be a pact between them will I host in Como and Cabo and you make me bridesmaid in official releases. You as measured stability of a couple how long I spend together in real life that is not made of the red carpet!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3344
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by fluffy on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 14:01

Fava, I agree with you, but I do think that what George does in his provate life affects his working life and any awards, Oscars, whatever, he's not getting because of that very thing, do we really believe what we see? If we can't trust him on a GF basis to be honest when the game is up, why should he get awards, when how do we know he really has "done" those things and are not just a front piece? I adore him, but sometimes I don't like him. I just wish he be honest for once. We would love him all the more I'm sure if he did?! Sad
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 959
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by premiere on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:10

George isn't running for president and isn't all that deeply involved in politics - not to the point where his relationship would be an issue. Nobody asked where Stacy was at the White House Correspondents's Dinner and they won't ask at any future events he attends either.

Katie, how in the world can you say George isn't all that deeply involved in politics? As we've seen since Obama has been running (both times), he's given up his house, his time, and a lot of money to get and keep him in office. He's one of the most politically active stars out there. He takes this very seriously. He wants to be a credible source about Obama. Even if no one asks him where Stacy is, he doesn't want that sort of distraction such as a break-up with his latest gf to get in the way of his message.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Posts : 293
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by melbert on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:20

I can't speak for Katie, but I read it as he is not deeply involved in the policy aspect of politics. He's not running for any office, he is supporting a candidate. He speaks his opinion why we should vote for President Obama, but George does not speak of the President's political strategies and his plans to run our nation. I don't think that George being with Stacy or not being with Stacy has any bearing on the election. I draw the line at saying Stacy would make a perfect First Lady though. But, I also don't think that George would make a great president.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19324
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : George's House

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by cindigirl on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:54

For whatever it's worth I think the G&S relationship is a real friendship (with benefits), not the romantic relationship as we like to think it should be. I don't think George deludes himself into thinking of romance per se. He's been with so many women that the romance has gone bye bye for him. Replaced with a good business arrangement.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by lelacorb on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:25

cindigirl wrote:For whatever it's worth I think the G&S relationship is a real friendship (with benefits), not the romantic relationship as we like to think it should be. I don't think George deludes himself into thinking of romance per se. He's been with so many women that the romance has gone bye bye for him. Replaced with a good business arrangement.

I think like you but I think this is very sad because I fall in Love is the best thing that can happen to a human being! George last year seems cold and calculating as he has never been
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3344
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by m4rose on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 22:05

Well, whether or not this is a real or fake relationship the bottom line is he is with her and will be for a while unfortunately. If one was to believe that blind item posted here somewhere, it is up to Cindy Crawford to get tired of the GF before she is gone and since she and Stacy have been friends for a while, we may be stuck with this one. Oh well......I'm just going to pull my Scarlett O'Hara and think about it tomorrow.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Posts : 539
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 05:18

premiere wrote:George isn't running for president and isn't all that deeply involved in politics - not to the point where his relationship would be an issue. Nobody asked where Stacy was at the White House Correspondents's Dinner and they won't ask at any future events he attends either.

Katie, how in the world can you say George isn't all that deeply involved in politics? As we've seen since Obama has been running (both times), he's given up his house, his time, and a lot of money to get and keep him in office. He's one of the most politically active stars out there. He takes this very seriously. He wants to be a credible source about Obama. Even if no one asks him where Stacy is, he doesn't want that sort of distraction such as a break-up with his latest gf to get in the way of his message.
George isn't in politics, he's in acting. And as such who he dates doesn't get in the way of who he supports politically.

I can't imagine a world where who George breaks up with would affect the outcome of the USA presidency, I just really can't. What kind of a person changes their vote to another political party because of an actor (one of many celebrities supporting Obama) breaks up with his girlfriend?

Don't get me wrong: George is very interested and active in politics and when it comes to Darfur etc a very hard worker, but his personal life doesn't impact on president Obama.

And of course, just the fact that Hollywood celebrities support the president hurts him. He's taking a lot of flack from getting support from the "1%".
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by globalchick on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 14:00

How many threads on this forum are devoted to G's lady friends, past and present. How many comments are there that relate to these topics? How many would there be if he never appeared in public with a gf?
Brilliant post and of course, this is exactly why he feels the need to have these contract women and appear on the red carpet with them because he needs the PR and the tabloid coverage to remain a star in Hollywood. He doesn't have the acting chops of a Daniel Day Lewis or a Russell Crowe and he needs the tabloid coverage to remain relevant and to still be perceived as "sexy" and a star.

George's career is a completely different career from a Daniel Day Lewis or a Russell Crowe and he knows it. That's why he will always have to be seen publicly nowadays with a woman on the red carpet especially now he is getting older. And the women will ALWAYS be in their early 30's thus proving that Clooney is still "sexy" despite his advancing years. After Stacey she will be replaced with another woman in her early 30's and after the red carpet "success" that Stacey has been I think you will find that the next one will be classier too rather than past tarts like the tattooed Elisabetta and Krista Allen.

Interesting that George has too much integrity to even speak about any of these women now in interviews. He knows how fraudulent it all is and that as he has gotten older he has been forced to play the Hollywood PR game. Around the time of Lisa Snowden he still made a few comments about the women. Now he doesn't at all. I think he sees these women and the deliberate parading of them as the price he pays to keep his fame and engaging in a bit of famewhoring is all worthwhile since he is "saving the world" with all his Sudan and Obama stuff.

And I think he eases his guilt by paying them off in return for a non disclosure agreement at the end of the "relationship" as well as encouraging them to develop reality-show type careers for themselves while they are dating him. The question is how much money do they get from George outright as a golden handshake? I would say he gives each of them a million - do you agree? Because it wouldn't do AT ALL if the tabloids got ahold of the fact that George's ex was living on the skids. They'd turn it into a story that would make him look bad and it would ruin the "nice guy" image that he and Stan have built up over the last 15 years.

Now for the record I am not suggesting the association between George and Stacey is completely fake. He dated her at one point possibly or probably had sex with her occasionally for a few months but he drags the whole thing out timewise for PR reasons only. She means absolutely NOTHING to him, none of these women do but the fakery comes about because he tries to portray his association with her LIKE A REAL RELATIONSHIP. When it's not. He will pose with his arm around one of these "girlfriends" on the red carpet when he needs to for the PR, even if in truth they've been over for months. That's why he's a fraud.

These women are f*ckbuddies who he portrays to the public as girlfriends even long after he stopped sleeping with them. And when the association ends he doesn't shed a tear over any of them. He also keeps them around long after he REALLY wants anything to do with them if they are needed for the Awards season. These are not real relationships as normal human beings would understand them to be but engaged in for the PR benefits. And the frightening thing is the total shallowness of these relationships where there is absolutely no love or caring for any of them at all. I doubt at this point if he is even capable of loving a woman. I think George sold his soul for success in Hollywood and I hope it's all worth it for him.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by globalchick on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 15:04

Summers over, back to work, he's got nothing keeping him away from set of August, so why not be there with MS,JR, EM, bet he's having a great time.

Who are MS, JR and EM?

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Joanna on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 15:50

Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Ewan McGregor.
They are all there on the set of August thread for the looking.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19402
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Best in Category on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 17:00

Globalchick:

Well, if any of what you wrote is accurate, it is sad.

First, because of these arrangements, he has to spend considerably amount of time with women he would not otherwise wish to see at all.

(He could be here, YES, chatting with us, interesting conversations going 24/7, smart & witty comments floating) Razz

Second, price for it. Serious money. Why? He has to support each of them, just to make sure no one has a change to call him a bad guy. Doesn´t make sense at all. By being with them he is already doing a huge favor. (trust me people do not click net mags headlines because of only her name, she is only interesting because of GC connection, nothing else, her alone and people could not care less) If they don´t have substance they won´t make a career break. Loosing weight and dressing design clothes do not count. Anyone can do that.

So here in real life I just heard what happened to one woman. She met a guy 10 years ago, moved to his home country and they have 3 kids. Now he wants to divorce. He has found a new love, 21 year old. They do not have prenupt and she could walk away with half of his fortune (he is wealthy). She won´t. She won´t even have a house or anything. She is going back to her home country with the kids and trying to start her own academic career again (which has been on hold for 10 years). Her final statement was she loves him not the money.

Stacies of this world seem really ridiculous in that perspective. If they give a year or two it is not a big sacrifice. Like they have so many more appealing options they turned down. And what they did? Walked in stupid louboutin shoes here and there, like parade horses.

At the same time there are millions and millions of women working, taking care of the kids and houses, their men and after all that looking better than her. Sofa bounce

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by OofOof on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:11

Haven't been here for a bit and haven't posted much but reading the stuff above by globalchick and others felt the need to comment.

First, I find GC's taste in women sad. It seems to contradict all I like about him--his work in the Sudan, choosing to make movies about important topics which he knows won't be box office hits, his political views and yes, his sex appeal.

I hadn't followed his personal life until I found this site and I ended up deciding I didn't want to know about him personally as it was affecting the way I felt about him.

So I took a break but couldn't resist checking in every once in a while. In reading all of the various posts from this summer etc. I found myself getting depressed again. I have to remind myself that he's a human who has his own needs and that no one is perfect. But, I will say, reading about all the various women he's been with over the years, it has colored my view of him unfortunately. And, I do think that Stacy makes him look much older in photos. I find it fascinating how good/sexy he can look in photos alone or with others and how old and tired he looks when photographed with her. As Katiedot said a few days ago, the height difference seems to be amplified because of the age difference.

Having said that, I don't dislike Stacy in the same way some on this site seem to. I just find her uninteresting, very young for her age, a bit vapid and someone who seems concerned mostly about celebrity. Her introduction as GF was awkward--her style tastes lean more towards over the top sexy clothing that frankly makes her look cheap. But someone--stylists or friends--have helped her immensely from the look of things lately and she's looking much more put together--too thin--but still very nice in many cases.

She seems like someone who likes to party, knows how to work it with guys and uses her assets well. From what I've read about her, people in the entertainment arena seem to like her well enough but she strikes me as someone who has desperately struggled to move beyond her wrestling past. George is providing her with a great opportunity and she seems to be taking full advantage of those opportunities. Good for her.

As far as the suggestion that this is a "contract relationship" which apparently is suggested with regard to every girlfriend he's had for years, I have no doubt there is a non-disclosure agreement everyone he has a relationship with has to sign. Can you blame him?

I have no doubt, he's paid off girlfriends when their relationships end. Otherwise, there would be stories about his likes/dislikes sexually etc. As far as I can determine based on the stuff on this site, there are no stories other than from "friends of..." Obviously, they've been paid off and again, can you blame him?

Having said that however, the idea that every relationship this guy has been in for the past 10 years are fake is, in my humble opinion, ridiculous.

It's simple. George has a type. He likes younger women. He likes women who like to party and drink--he needs someone who can keep up. He likes women who are overtly sexual and who dress in clothing that the more conservative among us may find over the top. He likes women who make him look good (with other men) and he likes them THIN. (sidenote--I have to wonder if he has an eating disorder that somehow gets transferred to all of the women he dates because they all end up way too thin!)

George seems like he likes to be in charge as far as his relationships go. He likes women who can be at his beck and call. He's a busy guy and he needs them for certain things--red carpets etc.--but to suggest they're not in a real relationship belies logic, again in my opinion. I guess it depends on what your definition of a real relationship is. Are they deeply in love? We'll never know. I don't think so based on his past but who knows. But I definitely don't think they're just friends. Frankly, I think the guy is simply a bit of a chauvinist and he chooses women who fit his needs personally. Sadly, it seems to be having an affect on his professional life.

In reading everything from the past few months, I am beginning to think Stacy may be the one he settles down with. I realize, the press has suggested that every girl he's been involved with was "the one" at some point. And every girl has found herself out the door. This time I think may be different.

I remember reading an article that David Gergen did for Parade Magazine on George. In it he writes he thinks George is lonely and tired of the revolving door and is ready to settle down. I think Stacy may have stumbled into being the one he settles down with simply based on timing. It must be tiring at this point to find new GF candidates. And while he strikes me as a guy who loves the beginnings of relationships more than he likes the actual work of a relationship, Stacy seems like a very easy going girl who's willing to step back when he needs her to.

Is she with him because of his money, fame and what he can do for her professionally? Of course! Why else would a woman 20 years younger than he is hook up with him in the first place. I think she actually has a much stronger position than some of the other girls he's been with in the past 10 years and he seems to be willing to bend with her in ways he didn't in the past. The whole house thing on Lainey today seems very different from the past. It sounds to me like he's decided to settle down and if the relationship ends anytime soon, it will be because she decides to end it.

So...those who don't like her might want to move on because ladies, I think she's here to stay...at least for a while.

And now, I'm going to go away again, enjoy his movies and stay away from his private life because it just makes me not like him much! I'm afraid I don't find him as sexy and attractive now mostly because of Stacy. I know, I'm a hypocrite! But I just can't help it--I see him with her and he reminds me I'm aging as well!

I'm going to Argo on Friday when it opens and look forward to it. I read Monuments Men and thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to that movie as well. I love the many women who make up this board. Your comments about George, politics and life in general are wonderful. I even enjoy some of your arguments!

However, I have to say, following GC's private life is depressing and exhausting so I think I'll stick to the movie threads!

Sorry for the long comment. Just found some of the more recent comments to be almost denigrating towards George Clooney and it makes me wonder why they're on a GC fansite.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1820
Join date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by party animal - not! on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:26

What a wonderfully thoughtful piece, Mizerello. Stay. We need you here!

Ths David Gergen piece was a seminal piece of journalism, wasn't it, and when I read it I thought there was more to it than met the eye, and I think GC had already met Stacy before that and had his head turned...........

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Posts : 10680
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by watching on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:33

It really doesn't matter if it is real or fake - it is still there getting shoved down our throats when it suits George by way of famewgoring with the press, Stacy's tweets and the numerous "sources" planting stories about them to keep them in the tabloids every other week so they feel relevant, George G is still virile and sexual attractive at 51 cause "how could he not be when he is banging that" and that the attention may result it said gf getting a job in an industry which is known to be very hard on women - especially after the age of 28.

Cause after 28 you need talent or a gimmick to get established. Stacy's gimmick is who she is banging. George has talent but his gimmick is the revolving door of C list wannabes that he parades when he has a film to promote to sell the George Clooney image.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2002
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : A padded cell somewhere

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by premiere on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 23:33

Joanna wrote:I have a simple mind.

If the relationship with Stacy is a "fake/contract one" then why would his very well respected parents go along with it and why would Stacy's parents go along with it by them all staying together for some time in George's villa during the summer ?

My son and his girlfriend broke up about 2 months after we had her parents over for dinner. Oh well, it was a very nice evening.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Posts : 293
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by LornaDoone on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 05:04

premiere wrote:
Joanna wrote:I have a simple mind.

If the relationship with Stacy is a "fake/contract one" then why would his very well respected parents go along with it and why would Stacy's parents go along with it by them all staying together for some time in George's villa during the summer ?

My son and his girlfriend broke up about 2 months after we had her parents over for dinner. Oh well, it was a very nice evening.

I think Nick and Nina long ago learned not to worry about George's girlfriend choices. Perhaps they've resigned themselves to the fact that George will never marry so the best they can do is to be gracious to whomever he's dating at the time.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6701
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by globalchick on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 08:40

Here are the latest pictures of George from the New York screening of Argo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I'm posting it in this thread for a REASON. When I saw these pics I was struck immediately by how good George is looking in these pictures. In fact he seems to look more attractive WITHOUT Stacey at his side. Do you agree? And I think that maybe it's because as women we are automatically going to look at a woman critically her dress sense her handbag etc. And I don't mean George fans I just mean it is the nature of every woman looking at pictures in the tabloids to immediately size up the woman and what they think of her and how she's dressed. So when George is next to one of his interchangeable girls they take the focus off HIM and his good looks. They also make him look older but I'll go into that later. So many social media posters when they see pictures of Stacey and George together IMMEDIATELY start commenting on how OLD she makes him look. But in these pictures - where he's alone - he doesn't look that old, you don't focus on it.

Now I still maintain that he needs the contract women to get the headlines and tabloid coverage or he would no longer be a star in Hollywood. But obviously in some way they do damage him. Because he looks younger and better looking without a 30 year old on his arm highlighting the fact that he is getting a bit long in the tooth to be dating her. I hope you guys get what I mean. So it's a catch 22 situation for him. The way around this problem would be if he chose more age appropriate women. i.e. a 40 year old woman. It's rather sad that he doesn't find 40 year old women attractive but then neither do the likes of Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin or it seems many "big names in Hollywood". George would look so fantastic with a woman like Salma Hayek on his arm who is like 45 I think. Even with Tom Cruise who's looking good at 50 - you just know that the Scientology bigwigs will find him a woman in his early 30's to go out with next.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by globalchick on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 09:01

It really doesn't matter if it is real or fake - it is still there getting shoved down our throats when it suits George by way of famewhoring with the press, Stacy's tweets and the numerous "sources" planting stories about them to keep them in the tabloids every other week so they feel relevant, George C is still virile and sexual attractive at 51 cause "how could he not be when he is banging that" and that the attention may result in said gf getting a job in an industry which is known to be very hard on women - especially after the age of 28.

Cause after 28 you need talent or a gimmick to get established. Stacy's gimmick is who she is banging. George has talent but his gimmick is the revolving door of C list wannabes that he parades when he has a film to promote to sell the George Clooney image.
Brilliant post and I agree with every word of it. George Clooney claims to be above famewhoring and to despise the tabloids but in fact he's selling out to stay famous. Rock Hudson of course had to do the same thing - and I'm not suggesting that George is gay because I don't think he is. George needs to produce a woman for the red carpet and that's just how it is. The watertight non disclosure agreements with them prevent the truth about George Clooney, whatever that is, getting out and these bimbos are permanently prevented from talking.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Katiedot on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 10:09

EEOsandy wrote: Also, why did Stacy stay in NY for so long instead of going back to LA to "their" house. Except for NYFW she didn't seem to have much going on there.
lelacorb wrote:Ibut if it was a real relationship (where love is in the first place) she would be with him in Corsica and Paris and London but no he went alone and might have been in the Corvette with him divertisi on the streets of Los Angeles and not to run alone on the streets of Los Angeles!
For what it's worth, we used to have the same discussions with Elisabetta where some fans said she was doing nothing, or had no work then suddenly months later there'd be an advertising campaign or something that she had done that we knew nothing about. It was also assumed that Elisabetta never joined him when he was filming Ides of March yet suddenly there was a picture of her (the infamous 'gold shoes' shot and the controversial bakery picture).

I'm not saying that Stacy is secretly doing photoshoots or advertising campaigns. I'm saying that we should be careful about assuming we know where someone is at all times and what they're doing. She was photographed in Malibu with George so she did go home at some stage.

George was on a working trip around Europe (which seemed to have been on motorbike?). I'm not sure how clingy you all are, but my boyfriend is allowed to go on business trips without me.

cindigirl wrote:For whatever it's worth I think the G&S relationship is a real friendship (with benefits), not the romantic relationship as we like to think it should be.
Yep, that's the conclusion I've come to now.

globalchick wrote: After Stacey she will be replaced with another woman in her early 30's and after the red carpet "success" that Stacey has been I think you will find that the next one will be classier too
From your lips to God's ears!

globalchick wrote: Interesting that George has too much integrity to even speak about any of these women now in interviews.
To be honest, I don't recall him talking in depth about any women he's dated since Celne. The closest we've got was that list in Esquire where he confirmed or denied who he'd dated (and lied about Krista). All he said about Lisa is that it was a 'pleasant surprise' to get back together again (how's that for lukewarm endorsement!?).

globalchick wrote: And I think he eases his guilt by paying them off in return for a non disclosure agreement at the end of the "relationship"
That's without a doubt. I think a non-disclosure agreement is common among all stars and not just girlfriends but people who work with stars as well. The existence of an NDA says nothing about the authenticity or lack of in the relationship.

globalchick wrote: Now for the record I am not suggesting the association between George and Stacey is completely fake. He dated her at one point possibly or probably had sex with her occasionally for a few months but he drags the whole thing out timewise for PR reasons only. She means absolutely NOTHING to him, none of these women do but the fakery comes about because he tries to portray his association with her LIKE A REAL RELATIONSHIP. When it's not. He will pose with his arm around one of these "girlfriends" on the red carpet when he needs to for the PR, even if in truth they've been over for months. That's why he's a fraud.
Ok, let's go with this. How do you explain that he makes no effort whatsoever to look like he's in a relationship? Surely the point of faking is, well, the faking?

Best in Category wrote: First, because of these arrangements, he has to spend considerably amount of time with women he would not otherwise wish to see at all.
How is that? Just because he doesn't love someone doesn't automatically mean he doesn't like them or enjoy their company.

watching wrote:It really doesn't matter if it is real or fake - it is still there getting shoved down our throats when it suits George by way of famewgoring with the press, Stacy's tweets and the numerous "sources" planting stories about them to keep them in the tabloids every other week
Yup. It makes me smile when George pretends he doesn't sell his private life to the paps.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13223
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Keibler/Clooney 'is it fake or is it real' relationship discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum