George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing?

+23
sisieq
Cinderella
playfuldeb
premiere
Atalante
The next mrs clooney
lelacorb
davidarochelle
Michelle meyers
blubelle
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
Lighterside
fava
pattygirl
melbert
Joanna
Dexterdidit
Bidbod
watching
lucy
it's me
Katiedot
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing?

Post by Michelle meyers Fri 13 Jan 2012, 00:39

it's me wrote:ohhhhhhh
bec of the pic! lol!

yes
his fault Brain explode

GQ

Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing?

Post by Michelle meyers Fri 13 Jan 2012, 00:41

Just saw George with barbie... oops i mean Stacey on Critics Choice awards. She was in a bridal dres ROFLMAO
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 13 Jan 2012, 03:54

premiere wrote:OK, I have a totally different take on this whole subject. From what I've read, his dad had his wife and kids pretty early in his career. He also at some point tried to be an actor. I think that George saw what his dad went through and surmised that his dad could have eventually "made it" had he not been saddled with wife and kids. I don't think that it's too unreasonable to assume that most people, male or female, could be more successful in their careers if they didn't need to take spouse/children into account. I'm sure that his dad never did or said anything to make George think that, but just knowing the facts of his dad's struggles would have him come to this conclusion. Maybe George feels that Nick had much ;more potential and could have had much more of a national entertainment career without his family holding him back. I think that George early on decided that wasn't going to happen to him. I also think he has a very deep love and respect for his family. I also think his childhood situation of being in the public eye is why George is always "on" and why it seems that he has such a need to be liked.
OOh, I like your thinking! That's a whole new way of looking at it for me.

Taking it one step further, is it possible that George was deeply affected by the periods in his life when his dad lost his job (remember the 'from mansion to trailer' quote of George's) which must have been really hard on Nick with wife and children to support. Perhaps George just decided he wanted none of that?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 13 Jan 2012, 04:39

some very good points here
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 13 Jan 2012, 15:17

Our early life does play an important part in molding our existence. How we choose to use our early life experiences is up to us. I'm sure the insecurity of that time did effect George's life choices in some way, but I think that insecurity was definitely overshadowed by the closeness and love of his parents and sister. He has said that if things go wrong, he has "his land" to sell piece by piece in order to have money. He is generous with his friends, his humanitarian efforts, his praise. He is also very careful financially. He buys what he wants, as long as he can pay for it "up front" so he has no debt. Perhaps, his issues with his women begins when they begin to "expect" the gifts he bestows on them; when they are no longer considered "gifts" but just a "gimme" expectation. Smile
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 13 Jan 2012, 19:21

Okay... My two cents worth... Yes, only two cents... I don't think he has issues with his upbringing. All of us know how difficult it is, even when you have great parents with excellent values, growing up in our world. Imagine Hollywood at a tender age of what... 19 or 20? It's a lot to take in and then stardom hits and being a good looking person, maybe you chose some wrong roads... It's a tight rope you play there and I feel really sorry for some of them that are still have trouble balancing...
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 13 Jan 2012, 19:28

Yes I agree and George said the same thing in an interview. He was a lot more gregarious when he was younger and I think has matured somewhat since. Don't forget he didn't reach actual stardom until after ER and he was in his 30's.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 13 Jan 2012, 20:39

lucy wrote:George, IMO does spend time with family. But many adults have their own/extended family. From what I have guessed over the years, all of GTC private down time is spent with his extended family. He probably spends more time with bio/fam than we know of. Difficult for me to believe that George isn't close to Nick, Nina,etc.
And, from watching -

Just my opinion. Maybe I should thrown in an allegedly as well Very Happy But the concept that his parents screwed him up bothered me.

Maybe his parents don't like Mexico? It might be too hot for them. Maybe there is nothing for them to do there other than hang around in the sun and if they wanted that, wouldn't they have moved to Florida by now? Can you really imagine Nina in a bikini lying on a deck chair next to girl of the month? Or being ok with the paps taking her picture in a swimsuit then publishing it? At least Como has things they can do – day trips, walks around the lake. I mean, they are in their 70’s.

And, Cinders -
I don't think he has issues with his upbringing.
Well said!! George looks extremely happy when with his parents.

Only guessing, but maybe they have an agreement in that parents don't want photos to be used for gossip until the end of time with GF. Maybe he and parents have a pre or post holiday with George.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 13 Jan 2012, 20:55

I do not think at all that his emotional instability is the fault of his parents, I think he is not really able to share his life with another person. A woman is fine if he accepts her choices, and if the following claims. You, who are all women, can you accept all this? Stacy seems to be the right person or perhaps accept this because it harbors hopes that the glory and success.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 13 Jan 2012, 22:14

IMHO, I think he can. It just seems he hasn't found the right person who likes/loves him for George the person, not George the Actor and George the Moneybags.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 13 Jan 2012, 23:53

playfuldeb wrote:some very good points here

Thumbs up!

and who are u, MM? Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 18 Jan 2012, 00:11

A quote that I think sums up the problem (from twitter)

GuyTipsDaily Guy Tips Daily
I never wanted to take my ego and hand it to some girl so that she could demolish it - George Clooney

Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 18 Jan 2012, 00:15

Oops - too late...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 18 Jan 2012, 01:19

]quote="premiere"]OK, I have a totally different take on this whole subject. From what I've read, his dad had his wife and kids pretty early in his career. He also at some point tried to be an actor. I think that George saw what his dad went through and surmised that his dad could have eventually "made it" had he not been saddled with wife and kids. I don't think that it's too unreasonable to assume that most people, male or female, could be more successful in their careers if they didn't need to take spouse/children into account. I'm sure that his dad never did or said anything to make George think that, but just knowing the facts of his dad's struggles would have him come to this conclusion. Maybe George feels that Nick had much ;more potential and could have had much more of a national entertainment career without his family holding him back. I think that George early on decided that wasn't going to happen to him. I also think he has a very deep love and respect for his family. I also think his childhood situation of being in the public eye is why George is always "on" and why it seems that he has such a need to be liked.

Now if I was only this introspective about my own life!
[/quote]

Nick married at 25, became a dad at 26 and 27 (Ada and George). Men do not have a career issue because of marriage and babies (they do not get pregnant), unless they are teen idols. No, Nick became successful as a talk show host and a news anchor. I saw him in both roles while I was growing up in Cincinnati, and he did quite well in both.

IMO, George does not like the responsibility that comes with marriage and family. George has admitted in interviews that he lost his virginity at 16, and that he slept with many girls as a young guy (after he moved to Hollywood). People with that kind of background do not make good marriage partners, because they have misused sex as gratification, not as a bond between two lifemates. They don't like to have children because of the commitment that it involves, and they don't want to bother with setting a good example for them.

George got married to Talia Balsam because he wanted to taste marriage to see what it was like, and, if he didn't like it, he could bail out of it (he did a Las Vegas wedding (quickie style)). He did not realize that, under California law, the soon-to-be-ex-wife automatically gets 50 percent of the couple's marriage assets, no matter where the wedding took place. So, George got bit in the butt, thanks to his own doing.

Well, if George is happy living his current life, then more power to him. He is an adult, and he is responsible for the outcome of his decisions and choices.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 18 Jan 2012, 01:50

Totally agree, MM.
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 18 Jan 2012, 02:20

I never wanted to take my ego and hand it to some girl so that she could demolish it - George Clooney

Do any of you find it surprising that G from this statement is still sensitive to female rejection?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 03:39

No. Many men are sensitive to rejection.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 18 Jan 2012, 04:21

Katiedot,
Yes of course. But G is an A-list superstar. How many girls have turned him down lately?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 05:04

That isn't relevant. Fears are rarely rational, or based on actual fact. They're based on secret terrors in the mind.

Also, that quote did come from years ago when he was talking about life as a teenager when he used to DJ (caling himself Timothy because he thought that was cooler than George!). The full quote goes something like how he used to watch guys walk up to girls in the bar and give the women the power to stomp on his ego and turn him down and he swore he'd never let that happen to him.

Whether the fears of an 18-year old George Clooney are still percolating in the mind of the 50-year old George is anyone's guess.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sat 28 Jan 2012, 20:19

davidarochelle wrote:I never wanted to take my ego and hand it to some girl so that she could demolish it - George Clooney

Do any of you find it surprising that G from this statement is still sensitive to female rejection?

Maybe they did not want to end up a notch on his bedpost. LOL!! in bed
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 29 Jan 2012, 02:05

Interesting topic and opinions.

I've seen George in person on at least 20 different occasions and although he is very charming and funny I've noticed at times an underlying shyness in his demeanor - despite being touted as the "Sexiest Man Alive." So I find that comment that he is afraid a gal will demolish his ego is something that he could certainly still be feeling today.

As to his reasons for not wanting to marry and have children, I suppose they could be perceived as selfish, but I think it's more that his expectation of marriage is that the parents are there 24/7 for the kids. I think George has a true love of children and knowing his own limitations and aspirations, has felt that it would not be fair to a child to not be there.

I know there are many celebrity couples who make it work - but I'm sure it's really difficult. I give George credit for understanding that and not putting a child or a marriage through the tumult that comes with being an internationally recognized actor/celebrity etc.

I still just wish he would make better choices with the women he does spend time with and walks down red-carpets.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Jan 2012, 14:42

You were already "green lined" Lorna, but I added another plus! Well said!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 07 Feb 2012, 23:55

Pattygirl, I gave you a + vote for what you said about Nina being raised a Southern "lady". As a southern girl, I found nothing offensive about your post and was mentally high fiving you

I referred to Nina as a, "Steel Magnolia" in one of my posts. A steel magnolia is a Southern Lady who is genteel, has a strong character, is very devoted to her family, and is often a pillar in the community. Nina answers "yes" to all of the above.

So, if you are a "Southern Gal," be proud of yourself. You are in great company.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 08 Feb 2012, 01:55

Awww... love that Southern Hospitality! Very Happy
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 08 Feb 2012, 02:06

MM, I agree that Nina is a Steel Magnolia, I think she is the best.

I have to say though, I am not a Southern Gal. I hail from the great state of New York, born and bred. I have,however, met a number of your genteel Southern ladies, not all Steel Magnolias, but all very gracious.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 08 Feb 2012, 02:48

I'm originally from "southern" Minnesota, so does that count???? I agree with your description of Nina. I, of course, have not met her personally, but from interviews, reading her writings, etc., she is definitely a Steel Magnolia!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Wed 08 Feb 2012, 02:55

Of course it counts, Mel. Wink I would say it sounds pretty good:
Mel - Steel Magnolia. flower

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 08 Feb 2012, 03:35

You are toooooo sweet Zizi! Thanks! Give Flowers
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Wed 08 Feb 2012, 04:00

You are very welcome Mel.
Looking at your avatar I don't think George has any issues due to his upbringing. Wink

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 08 Feb 2012, 13:09

Mel, I did meet Nick and Nina last spring, and i thoroughly enjoyed their company. They are the nicest people you would ever want to know.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 08 Feb 2012, 13:30

Well, MM - since Mel is being considered a Southern Belle, I guess I'll revise my own assessment. Since I come from the most southen part of NY, Staten Island, I want to claim my "Southernness" too. Not a Belle, (too old for that), but a Southen Grand Dame would be nice.
LOL!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 08 Feb 2012, 15:07

I am from Cincinnati, which is southwestern Ohio, across the river from Kentucky. I might be considered an "upland South" southern lady. flower
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 15:32

I'm an Old Bag from UK. Does that count for anything ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 08 Feb 2012, 19:25

LOL!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 08 Feb 2012, 19:38

Joanna, you must be south of someplace. So, if you'r an Old Bag as you claim, I'll share my Southern Grand Damemanship with you.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 20:10

That's very kind of you pattygirl, thank you.
That's very good thinking outside of the box about being south of somewhere lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 08 Feb 2012, 20:32

Does George Clooney have issues with women because he has issues with his upbringing?George definitely has a problem with women! You know one man who never lost his head for a woman? Not me, I know men who are not married, men who did not want children to not have resposabilità but I know of men who were desperately in love if only briefly. George no, he is always cold and checked and said that disappointment in love is being fought by finding another woman. George knows what is love, intense love, what you Toglia breath? The love that I think we all feel? I have many doubts!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Wed 08 Feb 2012, 20:53

i started this thread because i was venting but, it was probably out of line so this could be deleted at any time. everyone has regrets and i regret starting this. I am not posting any more angry posts anymore. I haven't since. i just go away off the site until I get under control. i am proud to say my anger issues are getting better now. my problems will not pop on here anymore. facepalm

Now back to the real issue on this board .... what's his face... Basketball
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 08 Feb 2012, 20:54

I hope he can
or will
Lela
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 08 Feb 2012, 21:03

it's me wrote:I hope he can
or will
Lela
I hope for him!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2