George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

+34
davidarochelle
lelacorb
Missa
Maggy
lula-mae
sadDonkey
Atalante
MyGirlKylie
Joanna
Merlin
Sabby
janieb
phys major
Tigerina
bamboochacha
Henway
silly girl
lovelylois
cindigirl
Pari
sisieq
Katiedot
melbert
Dior
watching
sarah ali
zizi
lolo"layla"
Dexterdidit
dakota007
fluffy
it's me
Cinderella
laetval
38 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award Empty George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

Post by laetval Fri 18 Nov 2011, 12:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Although he might have been overlooked for People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 2011, George Clooney will soon have another award to fill the mantelpiece as The Palm Springs International Film Festival is awarding him with its prestigious Chairman's Award.

Mary Hart, ET's former host of nearly 30 years, will host the awards gala which is honoring George for his work on The Descendants and The Ides of March. The Oscar winner starred in both and directed, produced and co-wrote the latter.

The PSIFF welcomes 130,000 attendees each year as one of the largest film festivals in North America. The festival has previously celebrated some of the biggest names in Hollywood including Ben Affleck, Leonardo DiCaprio, Clint Eastwood, Ron Howard, Brad Pitt and Kate Winslet.

The 23rd Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival will be held Saturday, January 7 at the Palm Springs Convention Cener.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amended title)
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award Empty Re: George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

Post by Cinderella Fri 18 Nov 2011, 13:14

Congratulations, George! I don't know how prestigious this award is since I haven't heard of it before but it has to be noteworthy.
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award Empty Re: George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

Post by it's me Fri 18 Nov 2011, 13:20

oh well! so congratulations from me too! cheers
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 18 Nov 2011, 13:36

Palm Springs Film Fest to honor George Clooney

Is there anything George Clooney can't do well? Not, if you ask the folks over at the Palm Springs Film Festival.

Mr. Charm will receive the Chairman's Award for his acting work in The Descendants and his directing of The Ides of March.

Festival chairman Harold Matzner gushed about Clooney in a statement announcing the honor:

"George Clooney brings new definition to the word 'star.' A consummate actor, director, producer and screenwriter, he's demonstrated that no discipline within the film industry is beyond his reach. In The Ides of March as an actor, director, producer and screenwriter, Clooney exposes the gritty world of political campaigns where winning is the only option, no matter how devastating the consequences. In The Descendants, he gives a bravura performance as a reluctant patriarch, living in a Hawaiian paradise, who is thrust into making life and death decisions affecting his entire family. To this star of many talents, whose career, fortunately for all of us who admire him, is still a work in progress, the Palm Springs International Film Festival is proud to present the2011 Chairman's Award to George Clooney."

The Oscar-winning Clooney is in good company, as past Chairman's Award recepients include fellow Academy Award winners Ben Affleck, Dustin Hoffman and Nicole Kidman. The Palms Springs Film Festival Awards Gala is Jan. 7.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 18 Nov 2011, 13:49

Well done chuck! We knew you had it in you! Superdupercool
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 15:58

That's wonderful, George is a brilliant actor, director and producer with a beautiful heart, he deserves this award. Congratulations to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Fri 18 Nov 2011, 16:32

agree with all of u!! congrats G!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 18 Nov 2011, 23:42

George certainly is working it isn't he? Good ole Stan. Congrats to George he will need a bigger mantle soon.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sat 19 Nov 2011, 00:42

congrats george , i hope that winning many award wouldn't make you cocky to say that u don't make films to ppl to watch and u get better and better with your life and work . your fan Love2

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sat 19 Nov 2011, 02:55

Nice wishes Lolo, we can only hope that he would listen lol!
But no matter what, he deserves our congratulations and the best wishes for the future .Thumbs up!

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sat 19 Nov 2011, 03:55

wink wink zizi, that's what i am talking about Wink .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Sat 19 Nov 2011, 13:04

Congrats Georgieeee!!!!!!!!! Thumbs up!
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 20 Nov 2011, 09:57

Clooney gets Palm Springs film festival Chairman's award
By Steve Pond

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:04pm EST

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - George Clooney, who will no doubt be receiving his share of honors this awards season for his work on both "The Descendants" and "The Ides of March," has been named recipient of the Chairman's Award at the 2012 Palm Springs International Film Festival.

The award will be presented on January 7 at PSIFF's annual Awards Gala, a black-tie event that always hands out an array of awards to luminaries who figure to be in the Oscar race.

Like the awards given at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival in late January, the Palm Springs event has become a valuable stop on the Oscar campaign trail.

"George Clooney brings new definition to the word 'star,'" said festival chairman Harold Matzner in a press release announcing the honor. "A consummate actor, director, producer and screenwriter, he's demonstrated that no discipline within the film industry is beyond his reach."

Previous recipients of the Chairman's Award include Dustin Hoffman, Nicole Kidman and Ben Affleck.

In October, PSIFF announced that Glenn Close will receive its Career Achievement Award.

The Palm Springs International Film Festival will take place from January 5-16 in the desert resort town east of Los Angeles.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 20 Nov 2011, 10:32

Congratulations! flower
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award Empty George Clooney To Be Honored at the Palm Springs Film Festival

Post by Cinderella Thu 24 Nov 2011, 16:01

George Clooney and Michelle Williams To Be Honored at the Palm Springs Film Festival
"The Artist's" Michel Hazanavicius will receive the Sony Bono Visionary Award.

George Clooney, Michelle Williams and French director Michel Hazanavicius have all been singled out for honors at the Palm Springs International Film Festival’s annual Awards Gala, to be held Jan. 7 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
Clooney will be presented with the Chairman’s Award for his two current films, Fox Searchlight’s The Descendants and Sony’s The Ides of March.
“George Clooney brings new definition to the word ‘star,’” said festival chairman Harold Matzner. “A consummate actor, director, producer and screenwriter, he’s demonstrated that no discipline within the film industry is beyond his reach."
Read more at the
LINK

Congratulations, George! Happy Thanksgiving! cheers
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 24 Nov 2011, 19:34

Cinderella wrote:
George Clooney and Michelle Williams To Be Honored at the Palm Springs Film Festival
"The Artist's" Michel Hazanavicius will receive the Sony Bono Visionary Award.

George Clooney, Michelle Williams and French director Michel Hazanavicius have all been singled out for honors at the Palm Springs International Film Festival’s annual Awards Gala, to be held Jan. 7 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
Clooney will be presented with the Chairman’s Award for his two current films, Fox Searchlight’s The Descendants and Sony’s The Ides of March.
“George Clooney brings new definition to the word ‘star,’” said festival chairman Harold Matzner. “A consummate actor, director, producer and screenwriter, he’s demonstrated that no discipline within the film industry is beyond his reach."
Read more at the
LINK

Congratulations, George! Happy Thanksgiving! cheers

It's already posted here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 24 Nov 2011, 22:43

Thanks Leatval, another Award, wow. I wonder, if somebody knows how many awards he already received?? Question

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 25 Nov 2011, 00:17

Zizi, link to all of George's awards and nominations up til now:

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Fri 25 Nov 2011, 02:45

Thank you Melbert, I appreciate it. Give Flowers2

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 25 Nov 2011, 05:55

I have an idea for another award
on that list
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 06:00

what, It's me?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 25 Nov 2011, 06:01

dumbest stubborn
plus
best liar
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 06:06

ha ha, funny Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 25 Nov 2011, 06:08

no
not funny at all
because it's the same award
in Y E A R S
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:05

George is a confirmed attendee by the looks of things:

From Reuters

By Steve Pond at TheWrap

Wed Dec 7, 2011

Octavia Spencer, whose performance in "The Help" has made her a prime contender for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar, has been named recipient of the Palm Springs International Film Festival's Breakthrough Performance Award, PSIFF announced on Wednesday.

Spencer will join the previously announced honorees George Clooney, Glenn Close, Michelle Williams and Michel Hazanavicius at the festival's Awards Gala, which will take place on Saturday, January 7 in the desert resort town east of Los Angeles.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 09 Dec 2011, 02:11

I think George is going to be seen ALOT after the first of the year gathering up all kinds of awards. Gee, that's too bad we're going to have to see his mug so much - NOT!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 09 Dec 2011, 02:39

melbert wrote:I think George is going to be seen ALOT after the first of the year gathering up all kinds of awards. Gee, that's too bad we're going to have to see his mug so much - NOT!!!!!
Better watch it, missy! Don't jinx it and get computer problems next month! Razz

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 09 Dec 2011, 02:42

sisieq wrote:
melbert wrote:I think George is going to be seen ALOT after the first of the year gathering up all kinds of awards. Gee, that's too bad we're going to have to see his mug so much - NOT!!!!!
Better watch it, missy! Don't jinx it and get computer problems next month! Razz
OMG, Mel, my computer froze after I posted this. Its happening already! affraid

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 09 Dec 2011, 03:18

Karma!!! It'll getcha every time!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 24 Dec 2011, 08:33

PALM SPRINGS: Clooney will do Q&A at film festival

George Clooney will participate in a Q&A after a screening of his film “The Ides of March” at the 2012 Palm Springs International Film Festival.

The event will take place at noon Jan. 7, a few hours before Clooney will accept an award at the film festival’s annual fund-raising gala.

Clooney directed, co-wrote and stars in “The Ides of March,” which was released in October. He is expected to be nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for his work in “The Descendants.”

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Monday at the festival’s website,

Similar events with Javier Bardem and Colin Firth at the 2011 film festival suggest that Clooney will draw turn-away crowds.

Only a limited number of single tickets will be offered, and film festival pass-holders are admitted on a first-come, first served basis.

Passes also go on sale to the general public on Monday. They went on sale to members of the Palm Springs International Film Society.

Pass-holders lined up more than two hours in advance for Bardem and Firth.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 24 Dec 2011, 09:45

picsssssss??
is it a with
or without event?

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 24 Dec 2011, 13:41

WOW!!! Nice way to begin the New Year!!!
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Congratulations George!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Losing count of whether I have wished here / IMDb, or not... hahahaha Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 16:13

Just a heads-up for how many days til the awards shows start:

3 days until Palm Springs Awards
8 days until Critics Choice Awards
11 days until Golden Globe Awards
25 days until Actors Guild Awards

Stay tuned.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 03 Jan 2012, 19:25

cheers Thanks for the heads-up, Cindi!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 03 Jan 2012, 19:32

Thank you Cindigirl Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 19:39

and the Academy one?

anyway
will George be SURELY there!?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 03 Jan 2012, 22:18

It's Me, the Oscars I believe are February 29, 2012.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Jan 2012, 00:13

thanks Mel!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 04 Jan 2012, 00:39

I cannot wait to see him in Palm Springs! Go George! Whew.... Give Flowers
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 04 Jan 2012, 03:35

Only a couple of days left so he should have or be leaving Cabo very soon. It will be good to see him!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 05 Jan 2012, 21:43

I'm posting the link to the PS Film Fest because you'll see in the blue area it says "click here to view the Gala". Of course right now its last year's gala, but hoping by next week it will have this year's. Looks to have red carpet coverage, too.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 06 Jan 2012, 07:01

melbert wrote:It's Me, the Oscars I believe are February 29, 2012.
I think that it is on the 26th (Sunday) Mel... Or atleast, the schedule here says something like that... scratch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Jan 2012, 03:37

I stand corrected Pari. Sorry It's Me if I led you astray...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Jan 2012, 10:29

no problem Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sat 07 Jan 2012, 21:37

From the newspaper today Desert Sun, Palm springs

George Clooney to discuss ‘Ides of March' after Saturday's special screening at Annenberg Theater
12:25 AM, Jan. 7, 2012 | Comments

George Clooney (from left), Philip Seymour Hoffman and Ryan Gosling appear in a scene from “Ides of March.” SAEED ADYANI/Columbia Pictures
Written by
John Horn
MCT Information Services

FILED UNDER
Lifestyles
Palm Springs Film Festival
‘Ides of March' screening with George Clooney
When: Noon today

Where: The Annenberg Theater

Tickets: Sold out

Information: (760) 778-8979, psfilmfest.org

For complete coverage of the Palm Springs International Film Festival including reviews, trailers and photo galleries visit mydesert.com/filmfest.
Related Links
Palm Springs International Film Festival red carpet sure to give local stargazers a thrill
The movie business is predicated on predictability. Studios churn out sequels and remakes, directors rarely stray from their preferred genres and actors gravitate to the same sorts of roles. It's a pattern most everyone in Hollywood understands and accepts — but apparently not George Clooney, who will receive the Chairman's Award tonight at the Palm Spring International Film Festival gala.

And precisely when he couldn't be more admired as an actor, Clooney says he is pulling back from the very job that brought him renown.

At a point in his life when it would be easy to play safe — he's 51, has a Supporting Actor Oscar for “Syriana” and can pay the bills with his international TV commercials — Clooney instead placed two speculative and not insubstantial bets on himself last year.

Clooney directed, produced, co-wrote and starred in the election drama “The Ides of March,” which he'll discuss following a special screening of the film today at noon at the Annenberg Theater.

Rather than play the candidate any number of people wish he were (Clooney says he's not interested in actually running for office), the actor's “Ides of March” presidential contender is about as honorable as John Edwards.

And while starring in an Alexander Payne movie might initially appear risk-free, the film's cuckolded protagonist is not necessarily the type of character Clooney's peers would fight to play. “I was terrified from the moment it started,” he says.

Clooney's depiction of Matt King in “The Descendants” is sure to land him in the lead actor race, and the film itself looks destined for a Best Picture nomination. But like a baseball slugger who decides he'd rather coach than play even as he's batting .300, Clooney says that he'll start taking himself off the acting field, that he's not excited to work in front of the camera and that he'll be far more selective in performing in the years ahead.

Next November's lead role opposite Sandra Bullock in director Alfonso Cuaron's sci-fi thriller “Gravity” could mark the beginning of the progression toward more directing and producing work, even if Clooney (and filmmaking partner Grant Heslov) are developing an array of projects with potentially juicy parts, including their recently announced movie about the Smothers Brothers.

Page

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 07 Jan 2012, 22:03

StacyKeiblerStacy Keibler
I'll be there! Smile RT @BWRPR: Wonder if @StacyKeibler will be on red carpet at Palm Springs Film Festival? We hope she is!...
2 minutes ago
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 07 Jan 2012, 22:44

Nice to know she is back to letting everyone know where she is going to show up.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 22:46

when it starts?? palm spring i mean??
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Jan 2012, 23:06

This year's Festival will open with its annual black tie Awards Show on Saturday, January 7, 2011 at the Palm Springs Convention Center at 5:30 p.m. The star-studded Gala honors individuals in the film industry with nine prestigious awards for acting, directing, achievement in film scoring and life achievement. Some of the biggest names in Hollywood will be honored this year -- including actors George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Michelle Williams, Glenn Close and many more.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 08 Jan 2012, 01:46

Herei is a photo:

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next