George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

+34
davidarochelle
lelacorb
Missa
Maggy
lula-mae
sadDonkey
Atalante
MyGirlKylie
Joanna
Merlin
Sabby
janieb
phys major
Tigerina
bamboochacha
Henway
silly girl
lovelylois
cindigirl
Pari
sisieq
Katiedot
melbert
Dior
watching
sarah ali
zizi
lolo"layla"
Dexterdidit
dakota007
fluffy
it's me
Cinderella
laetval
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 Empty Live Stream of Palm Springs International Film Fest

Post by Henway Sun 08 Jan 2012, 01:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Starts at 6:00 there time, not sure if works for all countries.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:29

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:37

From the earlier links:

@denisegoolsbyDenise Goolsby
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at #PSIFF gala! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hollyscoop.com|Hollyscoop
@Hollyscoop's @DianaMadison chatting up George Clooney at the @ps_filmsociety awards. He's so charming!

@TDSKateMKate McGinty
George Clooney at #PSIFF. Super relaxed and funny! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:48

Here is a video from popsugar of george interviewing.
If someone wants to download to this website.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:51

Video: George Clooney Wants a "Sash" For His Win With Stacy Keibler by His Side

PopSugar / January 7, 2012 6:30 pm

A dapper George Clooney stopped to talk to us on his way inside the Palm Springs Film Festival this evening. The Chairman's Award honoree joked that he wants a sash to come with his award. Tonight's trophy may be one of the first of many for him, as George has garnered multiple nominations this award season. He's even up against good pal Brad Pitt, who George said he's looking forward to seeing tonight. Check out our full chat with Mr. Clooney now!

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:41; edited 2 times in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:54

Please can you help me? As there will be many more articles and pictures, please could everyone post the articles (not just the links) and videos in their posts? Videos are so ridiculously easy to put in a post (find where it says 'embed' copy the code then paste the code into your message). Thanks
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:54

Here are photos from wireimage of tonight

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:56

Sorry I posted wireimage before I saw your message. Will try to post with pictures and photos.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:02

Impressive - another award. Nice.

This reminds me of when 'someone I used to know' worked at a non-profit and every year they had an 'award's night' whereby they invited noteworthy's of the community and gave them a cheap printed award of blah. The finishing touch of course was an official looking seal which came with it's own package of gold leafed paper from the local stationary store - and sometimes a little piece of cheap artwork too. LOL. blah blah blah...

Moral of this story....it probably don't mean a thing - they just want him there.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:05

From Inland Socal

PALM SPRINGS FILM FEST: George Clooney a fan of Palm Springs

BY VANESSA FRANKO

Published: 07 January 2012 06:44 PM

OMG I talked to George Clooney.

I might have Tweeted that earlier. I didn’t get a chance to tell him how much I loved him in the later years of “The Facts of Life,” but I did get him to admit to supporting the Baltimore Ravens in the NFL playoffs now that his Cincinnati Bengals were eliminated Saturday, well, his girlfriend Stacy Keibler, a Baltimore native like myself, helped push him in that direction.

Clooney, who is receiving the Chairman’s Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala tonight, was a favorite of fans and the media.

A few quick points:

-Yes, he is that attractive in person.

-He might be the most charming person (Hollywood actor or otherwise) who I have ever met.

-And now that his beloved Cincinnati Bengals were eliminated, he’s cheering on my favorite football team.

I love this job.

The actor, who had both “The Ides of March” and “The Descendants” see release this year, said he has been to Palm Springs many times to golf and drink. However, he didn’t have any favorite bars, but thought that Jerry Weintraub would be following him around with a bottle of Scotch later this evening.

Weintraub said Clooney would be disappointed—he only brought vodka

From inland socal

PALM SPRINGS: George Clooney charms film festival audience

George Clooney, seen at the premiere of "The Ides of March" in Beverly Hills, says “ER’s huge ratings defined his career. “That’s lifechanging, and that’s luck," Clooney said during a Q & A at the Palm Springs Film Festival. "It has nothing to do with me.”

BY FIELDING BUCK

STAFF WRITER

Published: 07 January 2012

If anyone had any doubt, George Clooney proved that he is charming, funny and able to tell a joke on himself Saturday at a screening of his recent film “The Ides of March.”

It was the first of two appearances in Palm Springs for the actor/director. This evening, he will be honored at the Palm Springs International Film Festival’s annual awards gala.

Clooney dressed casually for the screening, dubbed “Talking Pictures.” For 40 minutes, he was interviewed by journalist John Horn and then took questions from the audience.

He wore faded jeans and a T-shirt under a sports jacket with sunglasses hooked in the pocket.

Clooney was modest about his career, calling himself a “journeyman actor” until the TV series “ER” became an enormous hit in the mid-1990s.

He said that “ER’s huge ratings defined his career.

“That’s lifechanging, and that’s luck. It has nothing to do with me.”

Clooney has enormous Oscar buzz for his role in Alexander Payne’s “The Descendants.” He said the script challenged him as an actor. “It’s not something that’s usually in my wheelhouse or something that I was comfortable with. But it’s something I could do.”

When asked whether he prefers directing to acting, he said, “Acting is definitely more creative. Acting is using one of the paints in the set. Directing is using of all of them.”

He attributed to the way he has managed his career to learning from his late aunt, the singer Rosemary Clooney.

He said he wants to use his clout in Hollywood to make films that are hard to get made “until they take all the toys away and make me go back to dinner theater.”

When an audience member asked if he had any advice to people getting into show business, he said, “Don’t mix grain and grape. That was my Aunt Rosemary.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:09

from celebrity - gossip netl

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Headline 2012 Palm Springs Awards Gala

Posted Saturday January 7, 2012 10:01 PM GMT

Making for quite the star-laden spectacle, Hollywood's top names descended upon the Palm Springs Convention Center in Palm Springs, California on Saturday evening (January 7).

There for The 23rd Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala were Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, as the "Moneyball" actor was set to receive the Desert Palm Achievement Actor Award during the ceremony's festivities.

Also in attendance was George Clooney, who was joined by his latest lady Stacy Keibler while set to be toasted with the Chairman's Award from presenters Grant Heslov and Shailene Woodley.

Other stars on-hand for the annual event were Desert Palm Achievement Actress winner Michelle Williams, along with Charlize Theron, Olivia Wilde, Melissa McCarthy and Career Achievement honoree Glenn Close.

The complete list of award winners and presenters for the gala is as follows:

BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE
Octavia Spencer (“The Help”)
Presenter: Melissa McCarthy

DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR
Stephen Daldry
(“Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close”)
Presenters: Tom Hanks and Thomas Horn

FREDERICK LOEWE AWARD
Howard Shore (“Hugo”)
Presenter: Mary Hart

SPOTLIGHT AWARD
Jessica Chastain (“The Help”)
Presenter: Al Pacino

SONNY BONO VISIONARY
Michel Hazanavicius (“The Artist”)
Presenters: Rep. Mary Bono Mack, Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo

INTERNATIONAL STAR
Gary Oldman (“Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy”)
Presenter: Adrien Brody

DESERT PALM ACHIEVEMENT, ACTRESS
Michelle Williams (“My Week with Marilyn”)
Presenter: Kenneth Branagh

DESERT PALM ACHIEVEMENT, ACTOR
Brad Pitt (“Moneyball” “The Tree of Life”)
Presenter: Jonah Hill

CAREER ACHIEVEMENT
Glenn Close (“Albert Nobbs”)
Presenter: Jeff Goldblum

CHAIRMAN’S AWARD
George Clooney (“The Descendants” “Ides of March”)
Presenters: Grant Heslov and Shailene Woodley

ENSEMBLE AWARD
Cast of “Young Adult”
Presenter: Olivia Wilde

Hollywood Gossip
Enjoy the pictures from the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala (January 7).

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:15

I am trying to watch this awards ceremony live and it's like watching a friggin commercial for Palm Springs. And for God's sake don't forget your ticket to the after party. Get over it already!! Do they think the audience didn't hear them the first time around or is that to make the people feel bad that don't have the ticket to get in? What a trip!!
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:26

Oh yeah, like George doesn't have his ticket for the after party so they won't let him in. I bet there is a major exception to that rule. Just had a funny thought, my bet Stacy doesn't get in without a ticket. Maybe that is why they were so specific in saying it twice, it's a sign George doesn't want Stacy at the after party. I know, I'm reaching but it is so much fun and gives me the giggles. Oh man, now the band has to perform, it's like watching a festival in Mayberry. Laughing
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:37

Another pic:

@etalkCTV
eTalk CTV January 8, 2012
It's date night for Clooney at #PSIFF!

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:46

Yay the award. Clearly Stacy has been reading the press - no focus drawing gown tonight, just a simple cocktail dress.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 04:53

George Clooney: Palm Springs Film Festival with Stacy Keibler!
George Clooney: Palm Springs Film Festival with Stacy Keibler!

George Clooney and his girlfriend Stacy Keibler walk the red carpet at the 23rd Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala held at the Palm Springs Convention Center on Saturday (January 7) in Palm Springs, Calif.

The 50-year-old actor received the Chairman’s Award for his work in both The Descendants and The Ides of March. He was presented the award by his Descendants co-star Shailene Woodley and Ides of March producer Grant Heslov.

Earlier in the day, George exited the back door of the Annenburg Auditorium after giving a lecture during the “Talking Picutres” event of the film festival.

FYI: Stacy is wearing an Alexander McQueen dress, Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, and one of a kind Dana Rebecca Designs earrings.

10+ pictures inside of George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Palm Springs International Film Festival… [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by lolo on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 05:01; edited 1 time in total

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Sun 08 Jan 2012, 04:58

Oh George what are you doing with her? She isn't doing him any favors at all. She ages him so much. These two don't fit, not at all.
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 05:13

Nice to see George on good form. I wonder if he got the sash he wanted?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 05:14

Watch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at livestream.com

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sun 08 Jan 2012, 05:36

Does she try to make him look bad?
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 05:43

Seriously, Tigerina and Phys Major, this is a George Clooney fan forum, not a Stacy Keibler one. Do you guys have anything to say about him? All these photos of him, TV interviews with him, written reports of him at palm springs, tweets about him and all you want to talk about is . . . his girlfriend??

If she says or does something NOTABLE then let's talk about it (maybe on the Stacy Keibler thread?) but unless I've missed something, all she's done is stand next to him in photos.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Sun 08 Jan 2012, 05:54

Katiedot wrote:Another pic:

@etalkCTV
eTalk CTV January 8, 2012
It's date night for Clooney at #PSIFF!

They both look really nice!! I love Stacy's earrings and dress!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 08 Jan 2012, 06:04

I think George looks good but I do wonder why he has bags under his eyes after such a long vacation. Nice suit and he will no doubt meet up with Brad. Guess we will be seeing pictures of them all together. Going to say something about Stacy over in her thread!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 08:18

they do look good together do you see him looking even shorter with her than the red carpets before maybe he heard about the lifts and wanted everybody be sure he doesn't do that !

George Clooney and girlfriend Stacy Keibler were also spotted at the event.
Dwarfing George: Stacy Keibler and George Clooney also attended the event and the former wrestler looked much taller than the actor thanks to her quiff in her hair

Dwarfing George: Stacy Keibler and George Clooney also attended the event and the former wrestler looked much taller than the actor thanks to her quiff in her hair

By George! The actor signed autographs and posed for pictures with his hoards of female fans

Look what I got: George was seen accepting the Chairman Award and looked happy to do so

The former wrestler looked lovely in a simple black dress with plunging neckline and a golden tan, thanks to the couple's recent break in Mexico.

But Stacy's quiff in her hair made her look much taller than her man and George was left dwarfed as he stood next to his girlfriend on the red carpet.

Just like Brad, George made time for the hoards of screaming female fans and happily posed for photos and signed autographs as he made his way into the event.

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 08:45

Last edited by lolo on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 09:50; edited 2 times in total

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabby Sun 08 Jan 2012, 08:59

For some reason, I can't seem to get the Popsugar embed code to embed the video. Can we post javascript embed codes in this forum? Here's George's acceptance speech:

George's Chairman Award acceptance speech

Sabby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 09:36

Last edited by lolo on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:39; edited 1 time in total

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 09:41

great speech
it doesn't seem a big spot

how can he be
always
so convincing?

and not tell me bec he's an actor

(finally the tie
was fixed!)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 09:44

Sabby wrote:For some reason, I can't seem to get the Popsugar embed code to embed the video. Can we post javascript embed codes in this forum?
Same here. There's either an issue with their code or this forum isn't compatible with their coding. Defeated by technology once again.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 09:47

lolo
can't see your pic!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 09:58

aww, it was from Grant and S !! so nice!! congrats George, hopefully next time is at the golden globe!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:00

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:04

Aww Grant looks good. Not keen on the girl with hims dress it's well sortof ugly and way too old for someone so young. I have to say it that award looks like a bong or something guys pee in. Is there a story behind the design? George looks happy when he is with his fans. I do find it funny that the story blames Stacy's hairstyle for her dwarfing George, umm should check out the shoes too!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:06

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:10

Last edited by lolo on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:29; edited 2 times in total

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:11

Palm Springs film festival gala honors stars

George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Glenn Close were among the dozens of stars honored at the Palm Springs Convention Center tonight during the Palm Springs film festival awards gala.

"George, I'm single," actress Octavia Spencer quipped, showing some love for Chairman's Award winner Clooney as she accepted the Breakthrough Performance Award for her role in "The Help."

Tom Hanks and Thomas Horn presented Stephen Daldry with the Director of the Year honor for "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," and composer Howard Shore has been honored with his second Frederick Loewe music award.

"It's wonderful to be back," Shore told emcee Mary Hart backstage.

Shore is being honored for the score he composed for "Hugo."

"For me, composition is ... a way to take things that I love and express them through music," Shore said as he accepted the award.

The Palm Springs film festival gala attracts A-list stars not just to receive awards but also to present them, and the choice of presenters can hit home for gala honorees.

"Al put me in my first film," Chastain said after receiving the Spotlight Award from Al Pacino. "He always believed in me whenever my films would get stalled or whatever. He's my greatest teacher."

The gala, which isn't aired on broadcast or cable television, is known for its off-the-cuff quips.

Patton Oswalt continued that tradition as he explained why he was nominated as the spokesman for a four-person ensemble while his "Young Adult" co-star, director and screenwriter stood by: "The Vanguard Award winners are the drunkest of all tonight."

During his remarks, co-star Charlize Theron walked over with a message for the spokesman to pass along.

"She's really awesome. She's really nice," Oswalt said. "And she did not hit me with a rolled up copy of Rolling Stone when I mentioned 'Aeon Flux.'"

Next on the stage was Adrien Brody, who asked the audience to consider what cinema would be without Gary Coleman — before correcting himself and naming International Star Award winner Gary Oldman.

"I just had to see if you were paying attention," Brody joked.

Later in the gala, Desert Palm Achievement Award honoree Michelle Williams shared a piece of showbiz advice she didn't follow — changing her name to something with alliteration, like Michelle Montana or Michelle Montaña. "I always think, 'I came this close to being a porn star,'" she quipped.

While introducing Brad Pitt, fellow actor Jonah Hill got some laughs by quickly summing up "Moneyball," which both actors appeared in, but struggling to explain the other film Pitt is being honored for, "The Tree of Life."

"I'm sorry," Hill said. "I've seen it three times, and I still don't know what it's about."

Other stars got a little emotional as they took the stage.

"When I watch a clip reel like that, I cried a little bit," actress Glenn Close said as she accepted the Career Achievement award.

But soon, she was indulging the audience with a Cruella De Vil-style laugh, harking back to her performance in "101 Dalmatians."

Accepting the final honor of the night , Clooney struck an appreciative tone.

"You don't have to do this for us," he said as he accepted the Chairman's Award. "We really do love what we do. ... We really do understand that we're very blessed and we're very lucky to be doing this."

Clooney mentioned the humanitarian work of some of the actors in attendance and also thanked studios.

"The truth is — and we don't really want to tell all those guys — we'd do this for free," he said.

The gala also included a tribute to the late Jackie Lee Houston, a longtime valley philanthropist who supported the festival.

“Jackie Lee Houston will always be with us,” Hart said.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:16

Is the red swirly thing representing a spring on the Award?
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:20

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:20

so
arm
neck
back

?????

(in the next post vid)

Last edited by it's me on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:25; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:23

lolo! why all those pics in front of the car? teasing..... ?

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:31

George's acceptance speech:

George goes to the stage, hugs Grant, takes the award, then walks to the podium.

"Aaah, nice! It really is a bong! [audience laughs] You were right, it is a bong, I didn't know.

"Thanks for this [he waves the award]

"Shailen - by the way unbelievably talented actress [he turns and points at her] - now you have to promise us that in 20 years when you're running the town you'll hire some poor, scraggly, beat up, old, retired two - times sexiest man alive for a job [everyone laughs]

"Then after you've hired Brad, maybe you'll give me a job too!

[audience get the joke, laugh. George looks up at them] "Oh, I'm sorry [chuckles to himself]

"You know, Grant and I first met when - actually I believe I was Shailene's age when we first met - yes, I was Shailene's age once - and, er, we were both broke and doing a play, some crappy play off of Melrose (?) and Grant got a job on Joanie loves Chachi, right [he turns to check with Grant], a guest shot, and he got some money and he loaned me 100 bucks to get head shots - which i'm still using [audience laughs]

"Listen, you know, um, I was just listening to everyone who's been up here tonight, listening just to Glenn talking up here tonight about how much she loves what she does [taps award on the side of his head]. The truth is, um, that's sort of the point. You know, um, you don't really have to do this for us, we really do love what we do.

"We also recognise that most people don't get to love their jobs,um, I've had a lot of 'fun' jobs, I've cut tobacco for a living, and I've sold insurance door to door and I sold men's suits and I sold ladies' shoes - by the way, dear God, what's wrong with women and their feet? [audience laughs] Honest to God "that's a six" and you're like "that's a nine!" [he pauses as the audience laughs] I don't understand that, it makes no sense. Guys go "that's an eleven or a twelve, I don't care I'll wear more socks" we don't care

"THe point - you didn't think I'd go there - the thing is we really do understnad that we're blessed and very lucky to be doing this. And it's not just about acting, per se, I mean you look at Brad and he's not just terrific in Moneyball, he's terrific in Tree of Life, he - it's not just about that though [mumble] it's about looking after the other people in the world and he builds homes in New Orleans for people who need a break [audience cheer]

"and you look at Glenn and she's fought for years to get this one movie made, this story on top of all the other things she's done and she's loved every minute of it and she's got it made, she's gets to be here tonight and she loves it

"and Gary Oldman: I don't know what other things you do, but just keep on acting brother because you [swear word bleeped out] it up for the rest of us, I tell ya [audience laugh] you are somethin' else!

"But you love it and we love what we do, and, and so what I suppose we'd like to say is, you know, thank you to Sony for doing Ides of March and thank you to Fox Searchlight for doing the Descendants and taking chances on these films

"But the truth is, and we don't really wanna tell all those guys is that we'd do this for free we like it so much. It's a fun thing to do, and most people don't get it.

"And to stand up here and get an award and be treated as nicely as you have all treated us all tonight, is icing on the cake and I cannot thank you enough and I think I speak for all of us to say thank you to the Palm Springs international film festival and thank all of you for coming out tonight and thank you for making it a great night for all of us. thank you!"

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missheard bomb/bong)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:36

didn't understand u i found them and shared it ..... one or two only doubled ![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:44

thanks Kat
thanks Lolo!

Hug1 Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:52

Yes thanks....you guys are so much better at finding info and photos...great stuff....

Last edited by silly girl on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 13:32; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:55

u are welcome it's me and silly girl !

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:00

great speech!! thanks everyone, great job!! Give Flowers2
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:18

Thank you, thank you Everyone for the great coverage ! 10 out of 10
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:36

Yep, so many George pictures and interviews! We're totally spoiled. Many thanks to everyone who contributed!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:45

Katiedot wrote:Seriously, Tigerina and Phys Major, this is a George Clooney fan forum, not a Stacy Keibler one. Do you guys have anything to say about him? All these photos of him, TV interviews with him, written reports of him at palm springs, tweets about him and all you want to talk about is . . . his girlfriend??

If she says or does something NOTABLE then let's talk about it (maybe on the Stacy Keibler thread?) but unless I've missed something, all she's done is stand next to him in photos.

Whatvever Katiedot. I haven't mentioned her once since coming to this forum and the one lttle thing I say, you jump on it. I don't contribute at forums where there is censorship and don't speak to me like I am some 2 year old. Of course I know this is a Clooney forum. All I did was comment on the photo with an honest opinion. From you not even the respect of putting your complaint in a pm. If you expect the people posting here to respect your wishes you could start by respecting the people who contribute to it. It's your forum, do what you want with it. I can walk away easily and wait for someone to open a forum where freedom of speech is encouraged. Later and peace Katiedot. Gotta dash
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sun 08 Jan 2012, 13:10

Dexterdidit wrote:Aww Grant looks good. Not keen on the girl with hims dress it's well sortof ugly and way too old for someone so young. I have to say it that award looks like a bong or something guys pee in. Is there a story behind the design? George looks happy when he is with his fans. I do find it funny that the story blames Stacy's hairstyle for her dwarfing George, umm should check out the shoes too!

LoL! I was thinking the award looks like one of those glass hummingbird feeders.

G looks good. Thumbs up!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum