George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi

+48
m-ouse
Lighterside
msadrienne
George Fan
Joanna
Best in Category
m4rose
party animal - not!
OofOof
silly girl
The next mrs clooney
Maggy
NotAvailable
macs
Pari
sadDonkey
dakota007
zizi
lovelylois
lolo"layla"
Cinderella
pattygirl
MM
it's me
melbert
doris day
lamby
Dexterdidit
lelacorb
bellybaby
Katiedot
emeraldcity
Merlin
Snoopy
watching
Tigerina
monaco
blubelle
sisieq
socimar
lucy
Atalante
ladydi
Bidbod
Casey
cindigirl
fluffy
laetval
52 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi

Post by emeraldcity Thu 31 Mar 2011, 23:36

@Atlante,
Ruby is an 18year old with stars in her eyes , not the sharpest pencil in the box and loving the attention all this is bringing her. Dropping Clooney’s name was sure to bring her more attention. She's probably regretting it now as its easy to prove, her statement said she attended 4 or 5 parties (?) at Berlusconi's between January and March this year, it was at one of these events that she saw George and Canalis. George can easily prove he wasn't in Milan on the date in question. It was discussed at length on another board when this first came out some months ago. The press has gone berserk as usual, if Ruby’s Clooney statement is to be believed then it must also follow that the ‘party’ in question was just an ordinary dinner as she states not one of Silvios sex parties. I personally believe Clooney was never there. Berluscon's team would not be calling on George to testify if he had been there.

Ruby lives in a world of lies and pay offs, in her statement she said Berlusconi had offered her a great deal of money 'to say nothing' before the entire thing became public and he was called for trial. I think 500,000E and 'anything she wanted' was mentioned, no doubt he is paying her to stick to her no sex story.

Nothing George does in private would surprise me and he may very well have been to one of Berlusconi's parties in the past but the time line Ruby has given doesn't fit with Clooney being there , I think she just mentioned his name to make herself seem important.

On the other hand Canalis could have been at one of the parties she attended and Ruby just stretched the truth to include George.

This is Teflon George we are talking about here, unless there is photographic evidence and other people say they have seen him at Berlusconi's parties, the mud won't stick.

But the headlines (the only thing people remember about a story) are getting really bad , Eli linked to a Coke and Prostitution case in Milan which happened before she met George was one thing but now George himself is being implicated in Berlusconi's bunga bunga parties along with Eli (a known Berlusconi supporter and employee). This is getting just a bit too sticky, even for George.

emeraldcity
emeraldcity
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi

Post by Tigerina Thu 31 Mar 2011, 23:44

No worries Katiedot. We are both up front enough that we have no problem speaking openly to one another. Your "get the facts" caught me completely off guard this morning. To me, the fact is that any man who enjoys taking advantage of a young girl sexually is immoral on so many levels, No matter the man made laws. My extreme in calling him child molestor was meant to express exactly how I see him with plenty of sarcasm in it. Disgusts me on any man.

George is just a fool to pick such people to be associated with. First off the tramp on his arm. I am sorry, I know that is off bounds but it sickens me to watch the way this ***** degrades him. With all the other area's of his life that he works to make good, it makes me sick that he has such poor taste in the broads he surrounds himself with. No
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Thu 31 Mar 2011, 23:49

Now my next question, if what he did wasn't illegal to Italian laws, why is he on trial?
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lamby Fri 01 Apr 2011, 01:21

@Tigerina Because the legal age of prostitution in Italy is 18. Ruby was 17 at the time and made statements that she received gifts from SB in return.

Hi Em! Teflon, heheh Wink

lamby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Fri 01 Apr 2011, 02:21

ruby on the phone said that she received money and presents from the ugly
berlusconis lawyers are trying to demonstrate that the girl lies
berlusconi said to ruby act as a crazy one,say lies
ruby said that she saw clooney
clooney demonstrates that he never met ruby
equal:ruby says lies
as she lied about clooney
she lied also about money and presents

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 01 Apr 2011, 05:09

When looking for my "fun tweets" thread, I found this old thread from January. It has the original article quoting Ruby that started it all -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 01 Apr 2011, 06:47

It hit the Ireland news. However, the writer got the first sentence wrong -

By Nick Allen in Los Angeles
Friday April 01 2011
Irish Independent

Clooney and Canalis: only met Berlusconi once.

Rest of article - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2011, 17:45

bbc news has the date as 14 Feb 10 ie Valentines Day?

According to legal documents quoted by Italian media, Ms Gelmini and Ms Carfagna are said to have been named because of their participation at "dinner-evenings at Berlusconi's Arcore residence" and their knowledge of what took place at such events.

They are said to have been present at the 14 February 2010 party when, according to the indictment, Ruby is alleged to have first attended an event at the villa.

Mr Berlusconi has described his dinners as "elegant", denouncing allegations of erotic dances and "intimate relations" as unbelievable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Fri 01 Apr 2011, 18:01

They were both in St Moritz the week before. He was filming in Sweden and she was filming her film - she looked bored in the photos. So I wonder was he still in Europe a week later. She was out and about a lot in Milan, before the Oscars (I think) - Where was he?(oscar campaigning in America? I hope? Without her?)
Someone needs to start a photo assumption time line!!!

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2011, 18:08

not me im staying out of it now, i actually thought he was filming in Hawaii on valentines day but i must be wrong

Last edited by clooney1970 on Fri 01 Apr 2011, 18:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 01 Apr 2011, 18:17

Someone needs to start a photo assumption time line!!!
It's Katie's forum, sooooooooo, I nominate Katie! Wink Razz

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 00:17

And I'm guessing that Katie is VERY good at delegating, so I'm also guessing she's gonna nominate YOU Sisieq!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 02 Apr 2011, 00:28

melbert wrote:And I'm guessing that Katie is VERY good at delegating, so I'm also guessing she's gonna nominate YOU Sisieq!!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Touché Wink

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 00:44

Ya better get going Sisieq before she wakes up in the morning and reads this. You'll have it all done for her and she'll be SO proud of you!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by emeraldcity Sat 02 Apr 2011, 02:05

Wasn't George at the Oscar luncheon on 15th Feb 2010, he was nominated that year for best Actor (Up in the Air)......can anyone find a picture of the luncheon guests? If he was there its not likely he was in Milan the night before.
emeraldcity
emeraldcity
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Apr 2011, 02:15

melbert wrote:And I'm guessing that Katie is VERY good at delegating, so I'm also guessing she's gonna nominate YOU Sisieq!!!!
How well you know me! Thanks for volunteering, Sisieq!!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 02:20

02/15/2010 - 2:30PM / Read More: Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Quentin Tarantino, James Cameron, Vera Farmiga, Anna Kendrick, Carey Mulligan, 2010 Oscars, 2010 Pre-Oscars / Popular: sandra bullock, meryl streep

Many of the year's Oscar nominees were in LA today for the annual Academy Awards Luncheon. The ladies of Up in the Air, Anna Kendrick and Vera Farmiga, were out for the meal, though it looks like George Clooney wasn't able to attend. Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep were there to represent the Leading Actress category. Maggie Gyllenhaal, meanwhile, posed near Carey Mulligan, who was glowing after her romantic Valentine's Day boat ride with Shia LaBeouf. Gabourey Sidibe happily chatted about her amazing year in the wake of Precious's success, opening up about how she's dying to meet Steve Martin. There's lots more to come from the pre-show event, so stay tuned to Buzz for all the latest details![i]

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 03:31

Clooney1970, I found some pics that he WAS there. He got his pic taken with several people and was at the big picture taking thing.

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 09:49

Thank you Melbert, this is good news, he now has the internet, press and this forum as an alibi Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 02 Apr 2011, 13:05

The process in which Goerge and Ely were called to testify refers
events that occurred last summer and both were in Italy from June
at the end of September, would not be necessary if the trial of Berlusconi
had taken place after November 2010 because Ruby has over 18 years
November 2010 and Berlusconi would not be prosecuted for having sex
with a minor. I hope I made myself understood in English.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 02 Apr 2011, 13:19

Don't want to start an argument but is it not possible though? He could have been in Milan at the event/party/orgy/sexcapade (I'm calling it the event for the rest of this post) on the 14th Feb then flown to LA for the Oscars luncheon on the 15th Feb. Is it really that implausible? He was papped with Betty on the 10th Feb 2010 in Milan after the lunch at a hotel then the world's longest walk to their car which just happened to be surrounded by the paps before they got to it. The one time that he walked to his car instead of them being picking them up at the door was the one time the paps just happened to spot them. Sure, ok. He yelled at some paps if I recall which was stupid as it was clearly pre-arranged as the paps knew where their chauffeur driven was parked and Betty was wearing heels. That only happens when they knowingly allow and encourage the press to get a 'candid' shot of them.

Milan is 9 hours ahead of LA. Flight time is 12 hours. If you incorporate the time difference, he could have made that trip. I stress the word 'could'. He would do trips like that when promoting films (you know, back when he cared enough to promote his films and turn up). No reason why he wouldn't do it when it relates to a publicity event for being nominated for an Best Actor Oscar.

If he stayed overnight in Milan (and he has a history of staying in hotels in Milan), it would still be possible. Correct me if my maths is wrong though. For argument's sake, let's say he flew out on the day of the Oscar's luncheon at 7am in Milan. The flight takes 12 to 12 1/2 hours. So technically, he lands in LA at 7pm Milan time. Then factor in the time difference of 9 hours which winds the clock back to 10am LA time. Plenty of time to get through customs (special VIP treatment also helps get him through quickly), go home, have a shower, change his clothes then turn up at the luncheon. He didn't walk the carpet at the event - maybe he was running a little late or he was jetlagged and didn't want to face the press that way. The luncheon would have been more a dinner for him but looking at the numbers, it seems doable. He did look rough at the event. Maybe that was from jetlag. And not to forget, he would have been flying private so he could organise to fly at a time that meets his schedule and not be at the mercy of the airlines. He is more than able to come and go as he pleases.

Unless my math is wrong, being at the luncheon doesn't automatically mean that the girl lied. It is possible that she saw him at the event the night before in Milan. It's unlikely but possible. But if George says it never happened in a press release, we are suppose to believe it as if it is gospel. Much like the fact that George say in a statement that Rande never sexual harassed any staff in front of him so it never happened.

It could have been their romantic Valentine day's celebration - participate in an orgy. Didn't he take Larson to a strip club (Crazy Horse?) in Vegas on their Valentine's Day date after dinner with friends? Why on earth people think that he is a real life cross between Doug Ross and Danny Ocean is beyond me. He is such a catch. Not.

Last edited by watching on Sat 02 Apr 2011, 13:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 02 Apr 2011, 13:31

dinner where Ruby said he saw Clooney and Canalis took place in
July 2010, the Valentine's dinner is the first time that Ruby says
have been at Berlusconi's villa in Arcore
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 02 Apr 2011, 16:26

I think this is saying when she was arrested or at least taken in for questioning????

It all begins the night between 27th and 28th May 2010. Officers attached to the Police Headquarters of Milan arrest the minor accused of theft by a female friend with whom she shares an apartment. The police officers find Ruby on the street and bring her to their offices located on Via Fatebenefratelli. They discover that she is 17½ old (her date of birth being 11 November 1992) and that no one answers at the address she has given.

Things are not so simple. An investigation focuses on the phone calls made from Palazzo Chigi to obtain the ‘release’ of the girl. It thus emerges that Ruby went to Arcore several times from 14th February to early May.

Ruby, however, denies everything, while admitting to just sporadic meetings without a sexual background. The public prosecutors, instead, when poring over the printouts of the calls made on the girl’s cell phones, discover that she was in Arcore on many weekends coinciding with the presence of Berlusconi in the villa.

However, Ruby tells of her three visits to Arcore, of the parties at the villa and of the dozens of young women, both famous and unknown − many of them escorts − who took part in them.

FIRST TIME

Later, when she went to Milan, she adds: “Emilio calls me and says I’m taking you out. I don’t know where, he doesn’t tell me with whom or at whose place. He comes to pick me up with a blue car. I get in, we zoom off escorted by police car of the Carabinieri toward Arcore (Berlusconi’s house). I am introduced to Silvio. He is very polite. There are a score of girls, but as for men − just two, Silvio and Emilio (Fede).

(Ruby names the guests. The complete catalogue of the female world of Silvio Berlusconi is there: TV hostesses of greater or lesser fame, stars on the rise, some very famous, starlets on the wane, some television stage assistants, more than one escort, two female government ministers, single girls and girls apparently very much engaged. So far, no names have emerged in public.)

“We dined,” she recalls, “but I didn’t stay overnight. After supper I left. By 2:30am I was already home. With a black and white dress by Valentino and Swarovski glasses, given to me by Silvio.

SECOND TIME

“The second time I went to Arcore was the following month. Straightaway Silvio tells me that he would be pleased if I stayed there all night. Lele had already mentioned that he would ask me to. She had reassured me: ‘Don’t worry, you won’t be the object of sexual advances, nobody will embarrass you.’ And that’s the way it was. We had supper and afterwards I participated for the first time in bunga bunga.

THIRD TIME

“The third time I went to Arcore was for a dinner, which was a much, much calmer event. When I arrived Silvio told me that he would introduce me as Mubarak’s niece. At table, she maintains, were Daniela Santaché, George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 18:35

OK, I got it!! Berlusconi said nothing sexual - Ruby said nothing sexual = no problemo!!!!! So why, oh why do the prosecutors want to pursue this!!???? Just poking jest...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 02 Apr 2011, 18:45

Regarding THIRD TIME above. I'm assuming George considers that a "dinner from hell." No such thing as a free lunch.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 03 Apr 2011, 09:08

If George and Ely had not been in Italy would not be required to
sufficient evidence because the photocopy of the passport with the visa
input and output and there would need anything else, no judge them
called to testify.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:33

lelacorb wrote:If George and Ely had not been in Italy would not be required to
sufficient evidence because the photocopy of the passport with the visa
input and output and there would need anything else, no judge them
called to testify.
Good thought! Wonder if that would be enough.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:58

yes, because the visa on the passport stamped by policeman of the airport and for Italy is the guarantor of the law
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 03 Apr 2011, 11:37

lelacorb wrote:yes, because the visa on the passport stamped by policeman of the airport and for Italy is the guarantor of the law
So, by this, if George wasn't even in the country, he doesn't have to testify; but, if EC was in the country, she does have to testify. From an article, we do know EC has made a statement, but I don't remember if just through the press or officially to the police.

Time will tell.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 03 Apr 2011, 11:54

Well she was in Italy last week I wonder if she hotfooted it back to the US?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:54

It 'sure they were both in Italy because they are called to testify
Berlusconi's defense lawyer, the party required to testify
to be or not to have been present refers to July
2010.Probabily were not at the party because the defense wants to show that
Berlusconi is innocent and a liar Ruby
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Sun 03 Apr 2011, 20:01

E News is running the story.."George Clooney implicated in Prostitution Ring.."
I agree with Watching.....everyone assumes George is this good-to-the-core guy that would never lie, cheat, etc. He's a guy, he's human. He's gonna try to protect himself.
Yeah, I think this chick was a little more than he could handle this time.. One for Merlin!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 03 Apr 2011, 21:08

bellybaby wrote:Yeah, I think this chick was a little more than he could handle this time.
Yup! He's getting the publicity, not the kind he expected, but still getting plenty of publicity.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by emeraldcity Sun 03 Apr 2011, 23:56

I still don't understand why Berlusconi's defence team are calling on witnesses to prove Ruby is a liar, from what I can see she is backing Silvio's side of the story that there was no sex involved between them.

We are assuming they are calling on George to prove her a liar, what if it’s to prove she is truthful. They only thing that would make sense is that they are trying to prove she is truthful in her statements, because she is supporting Berlusconi’s statements not contradicting him, perhaps George and Eli really did go to dinner there, just a regular ordinary 'elegant' dinner as Berlusconi describes it.

George and Eli were in Milan for some time after he flew into her set in San Moritz on the 8th/9th, where they still there on the 14th ?

Regardless, I don't think the big B is likely to be found guilty in the Rubygate underage sex part of the case but he is also being tried on a second count of abusing his position, by interfering with a police investigation, 'breaking' her out if jail by giving false statements (saying she was Mubarak of Egypts niece ). I'm not sure what the judiciary is actually charging him with but that's the gist of the second part of the trial and that will be harder for him to slither out of.
emeraldcity
emeraldcity
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 04 Apr 2011, 00:14

We are assuming they are calling on George to prove her a liar, what if it’s to prove she is truthful. They only thing that would make sense is that they are trying to prove she is truthful in her statements, because she is supporting Berlusconi’s statements not contradicting him, perhaps George and Eli really did go to dinner there, just a regular ordinary 'elegant' dinner as Berlusconi describes it.
Interesting thought!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 04 Apr 2011, 15:42

No idea why Berlusconi suddenly has a German accent, but amusing. Found by Henway:

George features as a backup singer at about 1'28" into the vid.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 04 Apr 2011, 15:55

Oh dear! Are things getting that bad now?!! I have to say that Gee does not look good, either in this or overall for the "incident". Amusing though. I think it may get quite nasty as there's alot at stake for Berlusconi who won't want to go unless he really has too.
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 04 Apr 2011, 20:01

Katiedot wrote:No idea why Berlusconi suddenly has a German accent, but amusing. Found by Henway:

George features as a backup singer at about 1'28" into the vid.

Didn't even play the video because just looking at it insults me. Evil or Very Mad

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 04 Apr 2011, 20:49

Once you get past the picture of the Last Supper(should of, could of) left that out, it's very silly, but considering who it's about the lyrics made me laugh.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 04 Apr 2011, 23:02

lucy wrote:Once you get past the picture of the Last Supper(should of, could of) left that out, it's very silly, but considering who it's about the lyrics made me laugh.
Thanks!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Mon 04 Apr 2011, 23:16

on wednesday ,when the trial should start, berlusconi will not be there,nor his lawyers;they will just decide when the trial will really start, probably at the end of may or june,so plenty of time to wonder if or why clooney should could or will or will not be there;in the meantime there will be the elections so anything could happen(to italy ,not to clooney)

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 05 Apr 2011, 01:15

Great update, DD. Hope you'll be able to give us reports when it does start.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to be called as witnesses in sex trial involving Berlusconi  - Page 2 Empty Berlusconi Trial adjourned until 31 May

Post by Bidbod Wed 06 Apr 2011, 09:15

Breaking News!

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 06 Apr 2011, 09:51

It was interesting this morning on UK tv that they said 3 women judges will decide who the witnesses are. Any bets then that they WILL call Gee?!!!!! I would, just to see his sweet little face! But not surprised at all that it's postponed. Will this now make any difference to whether they break up sooner rather than later? Surely Liz can't host a birthday party for him now?
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 06 Apr 2011, 11:18

And yes Georgies name got mentionned in the Belgian tvnews too, the journalists were quite amused. FUNNN ! geek
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 14 Apr 2011, 11:20

Getting out of politics to have his bunga bunga parties in peace????

From BBC News

Silvio Berlusconi vows not to run for new term in 2013

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has confirmed that he will not run for office again when his current term expires in 2013.

He told reporters he intended to complete his plan to amend Italy's judicial system, and to change the country's constitution before leaving.

Mr Berlusconi has survived numerous scandals and criminal trials.

On Wednesday the lower house of parliament approved a bill that would cut the length of some trials.

The measure passed by 314 to 296, amid boos and shouts from opposition politicians. They said the bill was a "disgrace" and tailor-made for Mr Berlusconi.

It needs final approval from the Italian Senate, where Mr Berlusconi has a solid majority.

It would cut the length of trials for people with no previous convictions, and thereby effectively end a trial in which Mr Berlusconi is accused of bribing British lawyer David Mills to lie in court.

Mr Mills was convicted in the case 2009, but the ruling was overturned when the country's highest criminal court said the statute of limitations had expired.

Mr Berlusconi denies wrongdoing and says he is the victim of a long-running campaign by left-wing judges - an accusation he repeated during a dinner with foreign journalists in Rome on Wednesday.

The BBC's David Willey, who was at the dinner, said the prime minister did not intend to run for office at the end of his mandate. In December, he had announced that he would probably step aside in 2013.

Mr Berlusconi, 74, first became prime minister in 1994. He has a fortune estimated at $9bn (£5.6bn) and his business empire includes Italy's three main private TV stations.

During Wednesday's briefing, Mr Berlusconi also quashed rumours that he intends to stand for president in 2013. He offered his cabinet secretary Gianni Letta as a possible candidate.

He also suggested Angelo Alfano, Italy's 40-year-old justice minister, might be a possible future leader of his Freedom Party - though he did not rule out some future political role for himself as a father figure who would advise future centre-right coalitions.

In the latest high-profile trial, Mr Berlusconi is accused of paying for sex with an under-age prostitute - accusations he denies.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 01 Jun 2011, 00:13

Also picked up from Lainey. In the new edition of Vanity Fair, there is an article on Berlusconi’s 33 party girls. Not sure if they will go into the details but George's name may get dragged into it again. The witness list has still not been confirmed so who knows.He hasn't been ruled out yet. It goes to Court again in Milan shortly.

watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:25

Arguments continue

Link

Berlusconi sex trial resumes

Silvio Berlusconi's trial on charges of paying for sex with an underage girl and abusing his office to cover it up has resumed after a two-month break.

Defence lawyers argued that the Prime Minister thought the Moroccan teenager known as Ruby the Heart Stealer was the niece of the former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak when he tried to get her out of trouble last May, and therefore was acting within his official duties.

Mr Berlusconi did not attend the trial, which comes a day after the defeat of his mayoral candidates in Milan and Naples.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 01 Jun 2011, 15:43

Did anyone see the pic of Berlusconi and Obama at the summit, where Berlusconi approached Obama, and began talking to him about this trial ? What did he think Obama could do, and talk about inappropriate behavior. The man seems to had a combo of wealth and power for so many years that he has and thinks he can get away with anything. Maybe that will finally come to an end.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 01 Jun 2011, 22:00

I hope
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next