George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler - part two

+55
Snoopy
noodle
dakota007
sadDonkey
baloothebear
anon.4
zizi
Duffy
Dior
iamnoone
lula-mae
phys major
davidarochelle
Casey
LornaDoone
macs
madsky
Wolfgang Gunnerson
sandwiches
Lighterside
Merlin
janieb
doris day
Cinderella
bamboochacha
MyGirlKylie
sarah ali
lolo"layla"
blubelle
Henway
pandabear
marina
lamby
it's me
MM
Atalante
fadelite
Charley
Pari
annemarie
bellybaby
lelacorb
lucy
Dexterdidit
Katarina
watching
laetval
sisieq
bunny
melbert
m4rose
pattygirl
Katiedot
lovelylois
cindigirl
59 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 Empty Re: Stacy Keibler - part two

Post by Cinderella Sat 22 Oct 2011, 23:15

It means a person was in a long serious relationship and when that relationship ended started a new relationship almost immediately.
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sat 22 Oct 2011, 23:33

here's a link with explanation of what a rebound relationship is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by iamnoone on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 23:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : SHEEEEESH!!!!!! LOLOLOL link editing fixing.....)

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Sat 22 Oct 2011, 23:35

thanks!

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 23 Oct 2011, 04:07

Um, isn't this a place for EVERYONE to discuss and post their OPINIONS? Its called a Forum, that's what one does in a Forum. If SK cannot see for herself what looks good on her, than too bad. None of you ever looked at the Oscars and said "what was she thinking"? No one here has ever looked at someone walking down the street and made a mental thought "that doesn't look good on her" or "that person must not have looked in the mirror before leaving home"? That's what we are doing here. For those who thought everything was perfect. Great! We all see things differently especially since we are all different ages and different tastes.

We have a right to our opinions. If some find it hard to read, please stay away from this thread or skip over the comments. Thank you!!!!!!! If ANYONE is upset with what someone writes, ask them in a nice way to explain like watching did to me. @watching - I def know you were not upset with me, just using you as a great example of having an adult conversation between difference of opinion(s).

NOT saying people are not allowed to post positive things. And DEF not saying people MUST stay away from certain threads. So PLEASE don't misinterpret!!!! Please read with an open mind and allow for difference of opinions.

Thanks!

The dress was pretty, but not on her IMHO - not for her body type/shape and again the wrong color for her skin type. Paris was a pretty dress, too, but not for her. NOT saying she has an ugly body, just saying she is too big boned in the shoulders for that type of style. And personally, I feel when someone has a high forehead and high hairline, they should have some type of bangs. Personally, I didn't like her hair style (she does have a high forehead (and whether natural or botox vein) she needs bangs. I felt the hairstyle was wrong for that type of dress. Way to much was going on. What do you look at: hair or gown? Remember EC's oscar red gown? Nice "old fashion" type style (though still not my type) - clean straight lines, no patterns/print, no dramatic criss-crosses of material, etc, that dress called for a fancy updo. Both of SK's gown had alot going on so a more softer hairstyle would have complemented. IMHO The braid was just too much and too wide/thick, IMHO.

Fashion/style/makeup is to emphasize the good features and "hide" the not so good. My gosh, she's been in front of the camera since an early age she should have learned some fashion tips by now especially being around so my expects. And the same with EC (though not at such an early age). I'm not an expert nor been around any, but I read and learn from the fashion mags.

I'm not criticizing her just because she's with George. Its because both EC and SK don't seem to have any dress sense when "dressing" up. So they are both going to get "what was she thinking!".

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sun 23 Oct 2011, 05:20

@Sisieq Thumbs up!

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Sun 23 Oct 2011, 05:48

Ditto Sisieq!!

It's almost unbelieveable that someone who's been in some way, shape or form, in "the entertainment industry" for most of her life, has no clue. And that's it. She hasn't got a clue. You'd think that someone who's been in front of the camera (before hooking up with George) as much as she has, would have some idea of how she would look in the pics that she knew would be taken. If you're 5'11" you've got to know that if you put on 4 or 5 inch heels you're going to be taller than almost everybody at a function, let alone the man you're with. Not only is she towering over George, but imagine the average woman at one of these after parties trying to talk to her. Or her trying to talk to the average woman. It'd be like 5'8" me yesterday at the school fete walking around most of the day bent at the waist so I could hear what 5 year old 3' (if that) Katherine was saying! It's one thing to wear heels in spite of being tall, it's an entirely different thing to wear clothes, shoes, hair styles that just add to the overall effect of a huge tall woman. As quite a few of us noted, at LAX in jeans and flats she looked normal, but in all these red carpet appearances she looks enormous not just tall. And it shouldn't take a stylist for her to know that.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler - part two - Page 11 Empty Shriveled Up and Dry

Post by bamboochacha Sun 23 Oct 2011, 06:28

Uhmm. Someone had a pic of her on some web site and she is very, very wrinkley. If she's '32' - then I am 'Sweet 16' flower and the Queen of England. queen LOL.

bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 23 Oct 2011, 06:34

sisieq wrote:Um, isn't this a place for EVERYONE to discuss and post their OPINIONS?
Despite that, Sisieq I do expect people to keep their good manners and stick to reality. This much vaunted right to share opinions does not give posters the right to bitch, whinge, moan and whine at minor or nonexistent faults of someone none of us know.

What's happening here is a handful of posters - and it's really only a few people - have decided that they don't like Stacy Keibler and therefore every single thing she does or doesn't do is wrong. Everything. Without exception. And the very sad thing is that those posters can't see how catty and spiteful their comments are and then try to justify them by saying they're only having fun and they have right to express their opinion.

i'm not interested in hosting a bitchfest on this site. I've no idea why some people feel better after posting mean things about a complete stranger on the internet, but that's their problem not mine.

I didn't particularly like Stacy's dress yet she got rave reviews in publications and fashion websites. The tit tape problem in Paris was treated sympathetically by most publications as an accident that happened on the red carpet and not with glee as the disaster of the century the way it was here by some people.

I want to make it very clear: if Stacy genuinely does something bad by all means, criticise away. But stop inventing problems. Nobody is perfect. Expecting her to be perfect is just ridiculous. Everybody makes fashion mistakes on the red carpet including seasoned professionals as Nicole Kidman who wore a horror of a dress at the Oscars a couple of years ago.

I'll say it again: expecting Stacy Keibler to be absolutely perfect with no faults whatsoever, who never makes a single mistake or misjudgement is absurd and unfair. Pulling her apart for what she does and holding her up to an impossible standard then writing reams of critique about her supposed failings as a human is not something I want to see here.

Please accept that she's a human being and with that in mind acknowledge her failures with empathy not criticism. Is that so hard to do?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 23 Oct 2011, 09:32

no

because the matter is HIM

not her

and ALL we say is a pure and simple reflection of our delusion, discomfort, unpleasantness and so on and on (put wot you want)

IMO
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by anon.4 Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:20

Um, EC's Oscar dress was a disaster. It looked very mother of the bride, and the zipper broke. Not to mention it was ill fitting. SK looked good. Perhaps not great, but she is definitely improving and she has come along since TIFF. I think by award season she will have worked out most of the kinks and be in stunning mode.

anon.4
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:59

Hopefully with the issues she has had she will hire another stylist one who dresses her for her body type and colouring and also notices when she walks out with sticky tape showing. By awards she may upgrade but George will have to let her know early on all the good dresses go fast. I know this from watching Rachel Zoe. Stacy needs to keep it simple and classic and hold back on the too sexy. I've seen other pics of her on red carpets and she can look so much better then she has. I don't know why girls start dressing badly when they date George then they get better again when they breakup. I've noticed it with a few and I don't know why it is. George too should take some of that advice from the Fashion Police if he dates such younger women he needs to start dressing younger too or else he looks like way older then he is.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:03

I believe that George does not really matter how you dress her girls!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by baloothebear Sun 23 Oct 2011, 14:36

Hi everybody,

I am new in this forum but have been following for quite some time without being registered.

I have been a big Clooney fan since his early ER days but the more I get to know about the way he chooses his girlfriends the more I get disillusioned. I totally have to agree to what it's me wrote.

I still admire GC but I really do hope that SK is only a rebound for him after his split from EC and that he will not present her during the awards season. In my opinion SK is by no doubt a very good looking girl despite her failures, but his reputation as actor, director, producer, human activist, charming guy etc. will not improve if he parades at the Oscars with a girl who likes to show off her b*** in the internet.

Sorry for my English.

baloothebear
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 15:39

Welcome, baloo, and your English is fine.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 23 Oct 2011, 16:10

IMO many of the women and Stacy dress for George and that is where the confusion is. Instead of dressing their style and what is correct for the red carpet, they are probably worried about how it pleases him and not working with a stylist on the woman's own style. For most women, once they find their own style in how to dress than they are comfortable in public situations. Also, he can't walk onto the red carpet not wearing a tie and she wears a gown they need to coordinate their outfits. I also think even though he has connections into the fashion world Stacy supposedly has been doing red carpet events for years and has her own career and money, maybe he feels no obligation to go out and buy her dresses and hire a stylist for her

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 16:20

I agree lovely, IMO if George really cared about how he presents his new girlfriend to the media he would have made more of an effort to coordinate their outfits. I read that he refused to wear a tie at the last appearance. I don't blame him for that (he was probably very uncomfortable at that point) but rather than making them look like the odd couple, I think it would have been wise to inform her before she came out in her prom dress.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 23 Oct 2011, 16:47

Katiedot wrote:
sisieq wrote:Um, isn't this a place for EVERYONE to discuss and post their OPINIONS?
Despite that, Sisieq I do expect people to keep their good manners and stick to reality. This much vaunted right to share opinions does not give posters the right to bitch, whinge, moan and whine at minor or nonexistent faults of someone none of us know.

What's happening here is a handful of posters - and it's really only a few people - have decided that they don't like Stacy Keibler and therefore every single thing she does or doesn't do is wrong. Everything. Without exception. And the very sad thing is that those posters can't see how catty and spiteful their comments are and then try to justify them by saying they're only having fun and they have right to express their opinion.

i'm not interested in hosting a bitchfest on this site. I've no idea why some people feel better after posting mean things about a complete stranger on the internet, but that's their problem not mine.

I didn't particularly like Stacy's dress yet she got rave reviews in publications and fashion websites. The tit tape problem in Paris was treated sympathetically by most publications as an accident that happened on the red carpet and not with glee as the disaster of the century the way it was here by some people.

I want to make it very clear: if Stacy genuinely does something bad by all means, criticise away. But stop inventing problems. Nobody is perfect. Expecting her to be perfect is just ridiculous. Everybody makes fashion mistakes on the red carpet including seasoned professionals as Nicole Kidman who wore a horror of a dress at the Oscars a couple of years ago.

I'll say it again: expecting Stacy Keibler to be absolutely perfect with no faults whatsoever, who never makes a single mistake or misjudgement is absurd and unfair. Pulling her apart for what she does and holding her up to an impossible standard then writing reams of critique about her supposed failings as a human is not something I want to see here.

Please accept that she's a human being and with that in mind acknowledge her failures with empathy not criticism. Is that so hard to do?
Never saw this in the EC thread!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 23 Oct 2011, 17:05

In defense of G, I think he had other things on his mind. He was there to promote two films that hopefully will get award recognition. What his gf wore may not have been on his radar screen. I don't think he is/should be responsible for what she wears. She's a big girl, has been to these events before, and can make her own choices.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 17:11

I respect your opinion bluebelle but wasn't their appearance together part of the promotion? IMO it seems they had no communication about how they might look together.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 23 Oct 2011, 17:11

I agree, Blubelle... It would be a dictatorship if he controlled everything she wore. "She's a big girl, has been to these events before, and can make her own choices."
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 23 Oct 2011, 17:31

And Sisieq, I was just thinking that Katie copied from an Eli post and put Stacy's name in instead! But, I know we've discussed it before. George is NEVER going to parade any woman around that we will not find something to be critical about. Nekkid shots on the internet, not smart enough, too tall, too horse-faced, just using George for their own interests, etc., etc., etc. We are real good at finding all the faults, real or imagined, of everyone girl associated with George. As Katie pointed out, and some of our other posters, that doesn't mean that we should be dog-shit mean about what we say. I agree, as some have also said, that these girls become "public" when George presents them to us. We can express our opinions - good, bad and indifferent. But, since we don't know them personally, only by what we read and see, we don't know if they are really whores, etc. We can all have our own opinions, and share them (with the respect we SHOULD all have for our fellow human beings) and be able to respectably debate our differences. I love this place and I am saddened that some people have decided to "step out" because of the bantering back and forth between some of our friends. Some on here have been following George for a very, very long time Hello! and we think that we "know" him very well. We do know his public life by what we've read and what we've seen. He does wash, rinse and repeat very often from what he says to who he dates. Some of the newer followers don't know all that yet, but are learning. For some reason, George has the ability to bring out the best in us and the worst in us. And sometimes the worst can be very ugly. I am not going on and on and on to hear myself type. I just want this place to be where I can come (and EVERYBODY else) to laugh, cry, banter in a healthy way, enjoy the wonderful pics and articles (thanks Laetval and everybody else who contributes) and share our knowledge and love of all things George.

Katie, I apologize for going so off-topic, but I've been sitting back being rather quiet for a few days trying to absorb some of this going on and I just needed to get it off my chest. My titty-tape failed too!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 17:57

Just wondering about something. Is there any woman on the Hollywood scene that anyone wants to suggest as a "replacement" for Stacy? Is there any woman at all that you(generalization) feel would be worthy of George?
We (generalization again) have all (mostly) put George on a pedestal and become very upset when he tips to the side by the weight of his GF of the moment. He isn't perfect, doesn't want a "life partner" at this time in his life, and dates accordingly. There's nothing wrong with his choices, they fit his current lifestyle. He needs a public presence and enjoys having a lovely woman on his arm. We fault him for choosing "younger" women, but it is essentially safer to choose these young lovelies, who are looking for a public face, than choosing "older" women, who if still around Hollywood, are usually more successful and have established careers. An older woman, settled in her career, is more likely to want more than red carpet appearances and publicity. She's more likely to want that "life partnership" even if it doesn't include marriage or children. IMHO
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:00

pattygirl wrote:An older woman, settled in her career, is more likely to want more than red carpet appearances and publicity. She's more likely to want that "life partnership" even if it doesn't include marriage or children. IMHO
Couldn't agree more Patty.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:01

baloothebear wrote: ... the more I get to know about the way he (is) the more I get disillusioned.
I still admire GC but I really do hope that ... he will not present her during the awards season. In my opinion SK is by no doubt a very good looking girl ... , but his reputation as actor, director, producer, human activist, charming guy etc. will not improve if he parades at the Oscars with a (diffrent) girl (again)

Welcome Baloothebear.
I little edited your quote. I did include my thoughts in brackets. And have to add that
as the son of a newsmen he should know how important reputation is.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:13

His reputation as actor, director, producer and human activist is not contingent upon his being a different public man. His reputation as a charming guy, etc. is his public persona and IMO will not be adversely affected by whichever woman he "parades" at the Oscars.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:20

Its not about the women its about his actions

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:33

What actions are you referring to?
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:35

I think Stacy was trying to do the old Hollywood glam look . To me she should have worn something sleeker and more fitted. My problem is with George I don't care how tired he was of ties he should have worn one he would have looked more together,

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 23 Oct 2011, 19:14

pattygirl wrote:Just wondering about something. Is there any woman on the Hollywood scene that anyone wants to suggest as a "replacement" for Stacy? Is there any woman at all that you(generalization) feel would be worthy of George?
We (generalization again) have all (mostly) put George on a pedestal and become very upset when he tips to the side by the weight of his GF of the moment. He isn't perfect, doesn't want a "life partner" at this time in his life, and dates accordingly. There's nothing wrong with his choices, they fit his current lifestyle. He needs a public presence and enjoys having a lovely woman on his arm. We fault him for choosing "younger" women, but it is essentially safer to choose these young lovelies, who are looking for a public face, than choosing "older" women, who if still around Hollywood, are usually more successful and have established careers. An older woman, settled in her career, is more likely to want more than red carpet appearances and publicity. She's more likely to want that "life partnership" even if it doesn't include marriage or children. IMHO
JMO but I think established career or just starting, it would be very difficult (publicity wise) for a bona fide actress (or any professional) to go out with him. Now every woman he goes out with is labelled and is gonna be labelled "arm candy" at best, and sometimes worse names (wether they are or not, and wether they're worth more or not...). despite what she actually is (even nice/classy/clever/nonPR oriented woman...) : she'd probably get the same treatment, right or wrong. I suppose a real actress could loose a lot of credibility in the process. I certainly hope I'm wrong but I feel sometimes that his choices can't get better, they're only gonna get "worse" (from what we can judge of course) because some "better" woman (for lack of a better word, i don't want mean his girlfriends are wortheless, I don't know them after all and they're certainly are prettier than me) are not gonna go for him now...
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 23 Oct 2011, 19:40

I don't quite understand your intention, Macs. Are you saying because of Eli and Stacy, etc. no "better" woman would want him? Have you seen the women that fall all over him? I don't know if I agree with that... scratch

What do the rest of you think?
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarina Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:07

He is not interested in "better" women, so there's no reason to torture our pretty heads over that question.
Katarina
Katarina
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:14

I'm sorry but I don't know what a better woman would be we all have our faults and just because a woman may be better educated or have a better job does not mean she is a better human than the others. The women he dates hurt no one and are making their livings honestly.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:19

thanks Balooh! Very Happy

and I agree

For some reason, George has the ability to bring out the best in us and the worst in us. And sometimes the worst can be very ugly.

now
this is OUR TURN
to bring out the best
but even more
the worst
in him

bite the sand you too

wthell!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:24

Cinderella wrote:I don't quite understand your intention, Macs. Are you saying because of Eli and Stacy, etc. no "better" woman would want him? Have you seen the women that fall all over him? I don't know if I agree with that... scratch What do the rest of you think?

Remember in the months before he and Eli broke up he managed to go virtually unnoticed? He knows how to keep his "private" life private. I'm sure he didn't want for female companionship during that time. We only know what we read about him, and what he wants us to know. He may have a female companion, a "better" woman if you will, who he prefers to keep out of the spotlight. Well anyway that's my opinion.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarina Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:39

@ annemarie: But there are better educated women with better jobs, which are also good human beings...
@ cindigirl: Every time I read your posts, I think you are the nicest person on this forum. Respect.
Katarina
Katarina
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:45

Awww katarina that's so sweet of you to say.

I'm really a bitch! No, just kidding. I try to treat people the way I'd like to be treated.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:51

pattygirl wrote:What actions are you referring to?

What I and some others mentioned earlier and in other threads. How can I take HIM or his WORD serious anymore when he says one thing but does another?
(the latest e.g. The Clooney-Keibler PR show). She already watched both movies. What was the purpose in being there?

LouisLane if you read this. Please come back. We miss you here. You are not the only disillusioned fan. We can use this forum to support each other. You feel better when you share your disappointments/feelings/whatever with people around the world Wink

Last edited by sadDonkey on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 23:12; edited 2 times in total

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:51

Interesting question, Pattygirl. I found myself thinking along those same lines as I watched the Descendants red carpet show. I don't think there will ever be someone we would all consider 'worthy' as George's girlfriend. Everyone's opinions of 'worthy' are different.

As I watched Stacy having pictures taken, and then George dealing with fans and press, it felt like reality colliding with fiction. You read so much about a person, to the point where you feel like you personally know the individual. But suddenly, when that person you thought you knew, shows up in front of you in real life, you realise all over again that you don't know him at all and never will. He's a complete stranger, albeit a very handsome one. He lives his life as he sees fit, puts his pants on in the morning one leg at a time just like the rest of us, gets on with his day job, and goes out with (or publicly acknowledges as his girlfriend) who he wants. Who are we to judge, really? I think many of us take it way too seriously.

I found myself thinking that it doesn't matter who he goes out with. Yes, I understand the argument that the 'relationships' he has with these women reflect badly on him, both professionally and personally. But I find it matters less and less to me, and on Thurs night, it didn't seem to matter at all. He's just a man. And we can choose to follow his life. Or not. I don't agree with some of his choices, but after all, they're his to make. IMHO, I'm just glad there's somebody like him in Hollywood, making the movies he does, and trying to entertain us all. Smile

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:52

pattygirl wrote:His reputation as actor, director, producer and human activist is not contingent upon his being a different public man. His reputation as a charming guy, etc. is his public persona and IMO will not be adversely affected by whichever woman he "parades" at the Oscars.
I'm not sure if I think especially in Hollywood (falsely liberal)
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:54

I should have said I don't think a job or education makes you better than others.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 23 Oct 2011, 21:04

Never judge those who do not know, maybe Stacy and Ely as people are much better than George. He makes us dream and his girlfriend there and ruin the dream is for this reason that he speaks badly. Every now and then an examination of conscience would not hurt anyone.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 23 Oct 2011, 22:46

an examination of conscience who?
him??

yes
"you don't know him at all"

I perfectly know
his glance
his handshake
his curiosity
his smell (don't be mean....)

we know only a little
about him

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 24 Oct 2011, 02:23

His duty to his fans, that's us, is to entertain us on the screen as an actor, director, producer. His charm, courtesy, and actual caring for his fans shows when he walks the red carpet. He doesn't just stroll by as others do, he interacts with his fans, signing autographs, shaking hands, talking to them, personally taking pictures with them. He does all this graciously and with a kind of love. He knows how his fans feel about him and caters to those feelings.
I'm not sure what actions of his lately have caused such consternation. What has he done that is so wrong? Why does he have to be held to a higher standard that other male movie stars who parade girl after girl in rapid sucsession? How has he said one thing and done another?
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:35

He hasn't said one thing and done another, IMO... I think it's more hopeful thinking that we want him to grow “inwardly”... we are so proud of him, he’s like our wayward “child”… what caring individual would sit idly by and watch your “child” not achieve everything in life… and that includes happiness… I just don’t see how going from one starlet to another can be fulfilling… and that being said... I don't know George personally and he could be completely mature inwardly!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:44

I repeat my question to ALL - no one here has never said/thought "what was she thinking!" when watching the Oscars, Golden Globes, or someone walking down the street? Either to yourself or with BFFS having some fun.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 24 Oct 2011, 03:56

Well… I'm embarrassed to say but... I actually never watched the Oscars until this year... I was in a relationship where that was considered contemptible entertainment... I couldn’t watch a lot of things… If that person knew me now… He’d freak out!... So maybe I am different because I don’t know all this stuff!...
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:11

Cinderella wrote:Well… I'm embarrassed to say but... I actually never watched the Oscars until this year... I was in a relationship where that was considered contemptible entertainment... I couldn’t watch a lot of things… If that person knew me now… He’d freak out!... So maybe I am different because I don’t know all this stuff!...
And, a female walking down the street - you never once thought/made a comment with a friend, looked at a magazine photo - never once thought/made a comment with a friend "what was she thinking"?

BTW, nothing to be embarrassed about. I rarely watch award show.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Mon 24 Oct 2011, 05:04

I know I have thought and/or commented on other people's dress sense, and I don't think it's a particularly bitchy thing to do. It's part of how we adopt our own style - it's not just from magazines that we copy or decide that's not for us. And it also makes us aware that we do need to check the mirror before we leave home.

Just because we express opinions here about how Ms Keibler looks doesn't mean that we need to have a refresher course in manners. IMHO Ms Keibler looked awful in Toronto. IMHO she looked not quite so awful but certainly not good in NY. And in both Paris and London, she was, IMHO, overdressed. It makes no difference to me that fashionistas say she looked great. The so-called "experts" tell me that Picasso was a genius, that his paintings are wonderful. I think they're bl**dy awful.

I don't think Ms Keibler is beautiful, I think she's barely borderline pretty. I don't think she's got great legs - they're too muscly and she's got rather knobbly knees. IMHO. Sarah Larson has great legs, no, absolutely fabulous legs. They are well shaped and well proportioned. IMHO.

We all judge George on how he conducts himself in public, both with his dress and his actions towards other people. Because that is the only criteria we have to judge him by, as we don't know him. And that is exactly how we judge Ms Keibler. I happen to think that she was more concerned with making sure she was noticed for herself and not just for being with George. I think that because of the OTT outits she wore and how she paraded in Toronto. I think that because in every single case she chose to wear heels at least 4 inches high, making her way taller than the man she's with, which IMHO is bad manners.

These are all my opinions, to which I am entitled. The posting of opinions is I thought, what forums and blogs are all about. As far as I have observed, there is very little snittiness between posters, and when there is almost everyone is well able to defend themselves. The important thing IMHO is that arguments between posters don't get really ugly and don't go on for days (or pages).

Last edited by Charley on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 05:21; edited 1 time in total
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Mon 24 Oct 2011, 05:17

@Charley, great post Smile

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 24 Oct 2011, 05:41

pattygirl wrote:His duty to his fans, that's us, is to entertain us on the screen as an actor, director, producer. His charm, courtesy, and actual caring for his fans shows when he walks the red carpet. He doesn't just stroll by as others do, he interacts with his fans, signing autographs, shaking hands, talking to them, personally taking pictures with them. He does all this graciously and with a kind of love. He knows how his fans feel about him and caters to those feelings.
I'm not sure what actions of his lately have caused such consternation. What has he done that is so wrong? Why does he have to be held to a higher standard that other male movie stars who parade girl after girl in rapid sucsession? How has he said one thing and done another?

I posted an answer to this in a different thread. I think.

But I'll repeat a portion.

George wants our respect. Of his work. He obviously doesn't care about our respect of him as a person, but he should.

He writes a screenplay that pounds home that integrity is important to people and that when they find those they respect don't have it then the disillusionment can be devastating.

He asks us to continue to pay our dollars to watch his films that then supports his lifestyle. People have issue supporting those who they don't respect.

How many people stopped going to Brad Pitt films when he dumped Jennifer for Angelina?

I know different situation - married man has an affairs leaves his wife - but there are many of us that have issue supporting the work of someone who they have difficulty respecting.

As I said before, when Robert Downey Jr. was having all his drug issues, you wouldn't catch me at one of his movies. And I won't go see a Mel Gibson film. Sorry, his personal life DOES affect how I spend my hard earned dollars.

Others I don't support? Lindsay Lohan - sorry - she used to be a talented actress but now she's a mess. I won't spend my dollars in a film she's in - why should I?

I feel the same way about a company whose products I buy. If I found out that the leader of the company or owner was leading a sleazy life especially if the company was promoting it's brand as wholesome, then yes, I would stop buying their products. An example, Brawny paper towels are owned by the Koch brothers. I'll never buy one of their products IF I can help it. i.e. if I know about the brand.

George is "branding" himself as an actor who only takes roles or produces and directs films that have some statement to make about the world at large. Much of those statements dealing with ideals, integrity or lack thereof and corruption. At least for the most part. Look at the films he considers his 'babies" -- Syriana, Good Night and Good Luck, Michael Clayton - which dealt with corporate corruption and malfeasance - Up in the Air and now Ides of March.

But he doesn't seem to see that he is also a brand that is subject to the same expectation as we would have of other brands.

His personal choices reflect upon him. Dating porn stars (and soft porn stars but porn nonetheless). That he chose a young gal who had questionable friends and habits and then replaced her with a young woman who had made very questionable personal and professional choices (jumping from ball player to ball player - ill considered acting roles) and who for the most part came across as a catty bitch to now dating a former wrestler who's only other claim to fame is from a reality show.

This from a man who has made catty remarks himself about "reality show stars."

It's just the discrepancy from what he says he is and who he wants us to believe he is to who he comes across as by making the choices that he does that (for me) is the biggest issue I have with him.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next