George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn).

+9
hathaross
sandwiches
it's me
playfuldeb
Katiedot
lucy
cindigirl
melbert
Atalante
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). Empty George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn).

Post by Atalante Thu 02 Jun 2011, 23:22

George has 6 little friends. Take a guess first before watching at 8'. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). Empty Re: George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn).

Post by melbert Fri 03 Jun 2011, 02:47

Yay, I guessed right, even before I watched!! LOVE that movie!!!! But, I have to admit, I also found myself in the gutter with my other thought!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). Empty Re: George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn).

Post by cindigirl Fri 03 Jun 2011, 15:41

The video is both amusing and disturbing at the same time. Reminds me of my last marriage and the things I wished I had said to him. Angry
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 03 Jun 2011, 16:06

Did I stop watching to soon?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 03 Jun 2011, 16:47

Lucy, part of the video is with George threatening that older lady in From Dusk Til Dawn. Knowing George in real life I would bet he apologized to the actress. After all, he is a gentleman, albeit a bit nuts. Hahaha
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Jun 2011, 16:59

Do I remember correctly that the kidnap victim was actually an old acting teacher of his? Does anyone else remember that story?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 05 Jun 2011, 15:29

Can't say, I'm always laughing with that clown-carmechanic who still believes he's acting, so I always miss some parts of the dialogues. Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Jun 2011, 19:07

I remember some kind of back story with her Katie, but I don't remember the details. CRS hits again!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Jun 2011, 19:22

OK Katie, I've got the scoop!!!!

Biography for
Brenda Hillhouse More at IMDbPro »
ad feedbackDate of Birth
11 December 1953, USA

Trivia
Was Quentin Tarantino's acting teacher.
Appeared as a contestant on "Match Game 73" (1973) in 1979.

Also, she appeared in Pulp Fiction, AND, she was in ER in 1995, an episode that Quentin directed. Is she Quentin's muse?

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 06 Jun 2011, 02:11

I was looking at some of my saved stuff and ran across this YouTube on From Dusk Till Dawn. Some really funny little snippets. Didn't think a new thread needed to be started since this one is about FDTD.

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 18:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 06 Jun 2011, 02:32

In the first video George is at 7:59
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 20 Jun 2011, 18:50

This is still one of my all time favourite films of George's. It's a really fantastic film as long as you turn it off right after Salma Hayek does her dance.

From that point on it deteriorates but before that it's classic Tarantino. Yes, I know it was directed by Rodriguez but it's a Tarantino film all the same IMO.

I'm not into bad boys at all, but tell me if this isn't the hottest man on two legs:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have we seen this video:
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Jun 2011, 18:52

not bad
not bad....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2011, 19:15

MMMmmmmmmpurrrpurrpurrr (ending in a rolling purr) cat
That is the hottest man around!! Whew…

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:23

A video of From Dusk Til Dawn with Salma Hakek's "table dance".

IMO it's a little risque, (spoiler), but enjoy.

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 07:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Thu 22 Sep 2011, 15:57

This is the movie when I started to notice George. His fake tat was hot!
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 23 Sep 2011, 17:23

That tattoo looks so good in his neck... hot HOT!!
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 24 Sep 2011, 05:38

He was hotness all round in this film! It's still one of my faves and even thyough he has become a better actor in the intervening years, there's something so great about this character. We've never seen him play anyone as badass as this since which is a shame.

He spent the next 10 or so years working on becoming a charming, polished character and veered dangerously close to Roger Moore territory for a while. It's been nice watching him strip that veneer off and performing something more stripped down and bare (eg: Syriana, Michael Clayton) but I do wish he'd found another director who could have encouraged him to do whatever it was he did in FDTD. Just once more.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 24 Sep 2011, 16:46

Absolutely Katie! Every time I watch FDTD, I'm wiped out for awhile. Now, I really watched George's face (when they showed it) during this dance. Maybe that explains why he seems to be in to "ass girls" now?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 24 Sep 2011, 16:52

melbert wrote:that explains why he seems to be in to "ass girls" now?

Haha Mel, are you referring to the scene where he was desperately trying to see what's underneath Salma's panties? I thought he was going to dislocate his neck in that scene. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 24 Sep 2011, 17:45

I think he thorough enjoyed where he was sitting and probably requested that seat!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 24 Sep 2011, 18:47

No on ever said he was stupid, always wants the best view. And was very happy RR agreed to let him have it. Good to have a friend for a director., huh.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 25 Sep 2011, 01:42

As I'm sure that Quentin wrote the toe scene for himself!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 29 Dec 2011, 15:00

I saw From Dusk Til Dawn on TV last night and, holy mother of God, I've NEVER seen a film so full of violence and nudity. It was very good, could not turn it off, it was like watching a train wreck. All the actors were excellent, I especially like Harvey Keitel. Toward the end of the film the violence with people turning into vampires and biting each was almost comical. Like something out of Twilight Zone, only worse. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 29 Dec 2011, 19:02

I saw FDTD last night on tv for the first time and I'm still blown away.

Here's a video from UTube of the Best of the film. Spoiler alert lots and lots of swearing. If anyone is offended don't watch.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 29 Dec 2011, 19:17

Yes cindi, the first time I saw it years ago I didn't like the first half
at all, but found the second part really funny !
I was a Tarantino virgin, so was totally unprepared.
It's certainly a film of two halves, just like a football match ! lol!

(George looked good though)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 29 Dec 2011, 19:34

Hope you can see it again cindi. It can stand a second watching !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). Empty temp thread

Post by it's me Fri 30 Dec 2011, 00:17

I like very much From Dusk Til Dawn
G was soooooooooooooooooooooo....
you understand Cool

davida!era fantastica! LOL
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 30 Dec 2011, 01:57

I LOVE that movie!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 30 Dec 2011, 02:30

Isn't it great? It's such a different role for George, and sadly one he's never reprised.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 30 Dec 2011, 02:48

He just really plays a great badass!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Fri 30 Dec 2011, 04:02

I think that he was supposed to play a "badass" in another movie a couple of years ago but I can't remember what the name of it was. He certainly is VERY hot when he is on the "angry side"....
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:15

I think he was aiming at that in The American but just ended up looking grumpy rather than badass.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:20

no
I think he was perfect there

sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 31 Dec 2011, 15:51

Katiedot wrote:I think he was aiming at that in The American but just ended up looking grumpy rather than badass.

I think you have to be under 40 to look badass instead of grumpy. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 31 Dec 2011, 15:54

LOL!
non è vero!

baci! lip smack
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 06 Apr 2012, 10:07

This film still remains one of my all time faves! Here's a chance to pleasure your ears with approximately 100 audio clips from From Dusk Till Dawn.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Apr 2012, 16:20

OMFE Katie! This is fab-u-lous!!!!!! Thanks!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

George and his six little friends (aka From Dusk Till Dawn). Empty VIDEO: FROM DUSK TILL DAWN OFFICIAL TRAILER

Post by Joanna Thu 17 May 2012, 10:08

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 17 May 2012, 10:28

Cool video. Just moving this to the From Dusk Till Dawn thread with the other stuff.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 17 May 2012, 15:05

Loved it! He is so GOOOD as a badass!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 19:05

I just bought From Dusk Till Dawn from my local video store for $4.99. Can't go wrong at that price. I didn't realize how violent the last one-third was, lots of nudity, blood and heads flying all over the place. I loved George as a badass too. The CD package came with another CD "Full tilt Boogie". It shows what they all went through making the movie (union problems, storms, etc.) and how much fun they had. Featured also is George's assistant Amy Cohen and what she had to do for him as his personal assistant (not what we'd like to think LOL). I'll watch it again of course but think I'll skip the third part.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 07 Jun 2012, 20:53

Oh you can't do that cindi....it's the best part Sofa bounce

Just think about all the fake blood and fake guts and all their laughs and then you'll enjoy it and laugh along too Coolio lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 21:02

I'm glad you enjoyed that part but I'm not really a blood and guts kind of person. I'm more into love and kindness and well yes, sex.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 07 Jun 2012, 21:09

But the evil ones were defeated....
so Love & Kindness ruled ! lol! lol! lol!

No sex though....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 21:13

Joanna wrote:No sex though....

Damn!!!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:02

Because I think we can never have too much of George as Seth Gecko:

Cult Classic: From Dusk Till Dawn

Hey guys, she's behind youuuuu!

Featuring Salma Hayek, vampires and George Clooney in one of his most unhinged roles, From Dusk Till Dawn is a delight that deserved to be sampled once more.

Before Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino got a little self-indulgent with their Grindhouse double bill, they treated us to one of the biggest cult classics of the 1990s - From Dusk Till Dawn.

As one of the biggest TV heartthrobs of the decade on ER, George Clooney's performance as one half of the murderous Gecko brothers was perhaps the biggest shock for audiences when the film hit cinemas in 1996, but those who hadn’t followed the film’s pre-release material were in for quite an even bigger surprise.

The genius of From Dusk Till Dawn is that like Grindhouse, audiences receive two movies for the price of one, although in this case it's actually all part of the same film – a criminals on the lam thriller for the first hour and a schlocky dark vampire comedy the next. 16 years later, its unique structure feels fresher than ever, while Salma Hayek has lost none of her tantalising appeal in the film’s staggeringly sexy table dance scene.

Clooney and Tarantino play the respective Geckos brothers Seth and Richie, wanted by the FBI and soon finding themselves resorting to kidnapping a family and their RV to get across the Mexican border. There a safe house is waiting, as is a trucker and biker-frequented strip bar known as the Titty Twister.

What follows is one of the sexiest movie scenes in recent memory, as a beautiful Salma Hayek - humourously named Santanico Pandemonium - performs a scantily-clad table dance while a snake is draped across her. Vampires, criminals on the run and Salma Hayek looking her very best – what more could you ask for?

An interesting factoid about that scene, easily the film’s most memorable - is that audiences nearly came close to seeing Madonna in her role instead - or at least that's what Salma thought.

The actress has a fear of snakes and knew that her phobia would hamper her chances in winning the role. Director Robert Rodriguez actually tricked her into thinking that Madonna was about to win the part, so the actress spent two months with therapists to be ready for the scene. Yes, Rodriguez is slightly evil for doing that but were it Madonna in that scene, we doubt we could tell where the snake's skin ends and her's begins.

Like all quirky cult classics, From Dusk Till Dawn was met with a subdued and largely confused reception, grossing just $25 million from a $20 million budget. Considering that most films need to gross at least double their production budget, the movie was a relative flop, though it did later inspire two quite simply terrible direct-to-video follow-ups.

Perhaps our favourite barrage of criticism the film originally received, however, comes from the San Francisco Chronicle, which wrote at the time: ' If it's not one of the worst films of 1996 it will have been one miserable year". Considering that Striptease was released the same year, that’s pretty harsh.

Thankfully though, From Dusk Till Dawn’s riotous reputation persists two decades later – and that's not just because of Salma Hayek.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:28

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 27 Jul 2012, 05:42

nice poster, from an artisitic point of view. But they must have reversed the negative since George isn't left-handed
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Aug 2012, 15:51

This could be from the blu ray version of the film

"YOU...Be Cool"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next