George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George?

+4
it's me
ladydi
lucy
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? Empty Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George?

Post by Katiedot Fri 18 Feb 2011, 13:56

This from the ever fascinating celebrities with diseases (I swear I'm not making this up!)

I've left the beginning of the article so that his quote makes sense in context, but I still think that's a slap in the face for George, right? I mean, this from a 'man' who makes Bruce Willis seem like the more attractive option??

Casual sex: Natalie Portman is a commitment phobic in No Strings Attached

Published: February 18, 2011

Natalie Portman has slipped out of her tutu and into the shoes of a career-oriented commitment phobic for her role as Emma, a doctor slogging out 80 hour weeks and with time for nothing more than emotionless hook-ups. Come along old-time friend Adam, played by Ashton Kutcher, throw genuine emotional and romantic investment out of the bag and replace it with a heady does of passionate, uninhibited casual sex, and for a while their friends with benefits plan is going swimmingly. That is, of course, until one of them starts to yearn for the real thing.

Director Ivan Reitman said in an interview that the movie speaks to the kinds of sexual relationships young people have today: “I’ve noticed from my own kids that with this generation in particular, young people find it easier to have a sexual relationship than an emotional one. That is how the sexes deal with each other today.”

The 1980s flick When Harry Met Sally was considered groundbreaking in its time for raising the question whether men and woman ever just be friends without sex getting in the way. Now, Reitman suggests, there’s a new dynamic at play: “Is it possible for a man and woman to have a purely sexual relationship without emotions getting in the way?”

Casual sex — be it a one off sexual encounter or, as is in the movie, an agreement to have “no strings attached” sex that stretches over a longer period of time — is sex without commitment. It is sex for the pure pleasure of sex, rather than for emotional satisfaction.

“I’ve done a lot of these kind of movies, but this one is a little bit more grow-up,” Kutcher said of his role. “It looks at whether leaving feelings out of it actually works. For a new breed of woman, career comes first, and that has changed the nature of relationships. We should have just called the movie Clooney. That’s the kind of relationship George Clooney has had for the past 20 years. He seems happy.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? Empty Re: Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George?

Post by lucy Fri 18 Feb 2011, 14:50

I Always forget just how young Ashton is,then I see one of his movies(on cable) and it reminds me,seems like this is another example of how young he is.Frat-boy forever!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George? Empty Re: Ouch! Did Kucher really just insult George?

Post by ladydi Fri 18 Feb 2011, 15:52

Not sure if it's an insult or not but it certainly is the truth!

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 18 Feb 2011, 18:25

he doesn't really know G
as no one
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Fri 18 Feb 2011, 19:30

I think Ashton is just looking for additional press. Dropping the name gets him attention.

If you believe all of the rumors going around about Ashton and his cheating ways, you think he would be more careful about what he says.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 18 Feb 2011, 21:48

I don't really see it as a slap in the face....just an observation. Clooney puts it out there enough himself, and it actually sounds like a compliment - that George is happy, and it is possible to be happy without making a commitment. jmo

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 19 Feb 2011, 05:04

I personally think Ashton is an ass. JMHO! I think that his comment really can be taken both ways. In a way, it almost sounds as if he's jealous. I'm sure Demi is a handful for him, but does he wish he was in George's shoes? Don't know.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 19 Feb 2011, 13:11

" No strings attached " when I first saw the trailer, that's exactly what I thought, a tribute to G.C. lifestyle. lol! So not only Kutcher's idea, just about everybody's first thought.
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down