George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

American Actors not manly enough? Clooney mention

3 posters

Go down

American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention Empty American Actors not manly enough? Clooney mention

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Feb 2011, 11:06

Do I hear the sound of the bottom of the barrel being scraped? Yes, I think I do . . .

When did Clint Eastwood star in a superhero movie? And when was wearing a fine suit a sign of manliness? And, for that matter, when did George star in 'Leathernecks'? Ah well. Answers to these and more coming soon, same time, same batchannel.

From Comicbookmovie

American Actors Aren't Manly Enough? In a World full of Haters for the Red, White and Blue, are American Men / American Actors Just not Manly enough?

While many people are clamoring about our superheros being exported, I could care less about their nationality, I do have serious problems with American actors and American men in general being labeled as not manly enough.

Here is a list of some actors that are certainly manly enough for the rest of the world and Hollywood.

Brad Pitt
Known for movies such as fight club and Inglorious Basterds Pitt is certainly able to acheive any look that could be defined as manly.

Matt Damon
Umm how about the Bourne Trilogy? Ever heard of that? Is that Manly Enough for ya?

George Clooney
Star of the American, Batman and Robin, The Men who Stare at Goats, Leathernecks,and many more, Clooney Wears suits so fine he makes Sinatra look like a hobo.

Will Smith
Star of Hancock, Wild Wild West, Men in Black I and II, he played freaking Muhamed Ali.

Robert Downey Jr.
Lets see Iron Man Star also played an Australian Method Actor Kirk Lazarus in Tropic Thunder.He is so Manly he got to play the British equivalent of Superman...Sherlock Holmes.

or how about some other Names like:

Don Cheadle

Jeff Bridges

Clint Eastwood

Aaron Eckhart

Thomas Jane

Johnny Depp

Honestly I could keep on going. (Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Bradley Cooper, Mickey Rourke, Leonardo DiCaprio etc.) The point is that all of these guys at one point have either been in a superhero movie or have probably been offered one. The problem with our comic book movie's is that they are either box office Gold or they are poison.

Stars are Hesitant to be asscociated with one role their entire life. You would see more of these guys that haven't done cbm's step up and do one if the writing and the direction are good. I do not believe that this is a problem of American Masculinity, I believe that it is a problem of Hollywood producers covering up their own failures.

Typos, grammar, spelling mistakes, random capitalisation and woolly thinking are the author's own. I just copied and pasted.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention Empty Re: American Actors not manly enough? Clooney mention

Post by PigLove Wed 09 Feb 2011, 16:18

I always capitalize Hesitant!
PigLove
PigLove
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

American Actors not manly enough?  Clooney mention Empty Re: American Actors not manly enough? Clooney mention

Post by Merlin Wed 09 Feb 2011, 16:32

Who said they Wasnt!
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down