George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptyToday at 14:00 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday

+31
Katiedot
Pari
bamboochacha
lucy
Aly
Michelle meyers
The next mrs clooney
Vi
Maggy
Lakin460
lelacorb
fluffy
macs
watching
it's me
LornaDoone
Astras
Dexterdidit
zizi
party animal - not!
silly girl
cindigirl
Joanna
sisieq
melbert
EEOsandy
MyGirlKylie
Lighterside
Henway
fava
socimar
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:46

Hi sisieq Oi, you!
Good to see you on form again Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney expected in Washington, DC on Wednesday

Post by socimar Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:48

This the Washington Post of Today. Click the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and click the Style Section (C1, C2, C3 and C4) for everything you need to know about the dinner. On C4 there is a small article regarding the event of tomorrow, apparently George is going to protest with a group in front of the Sudanese embassy. You can enlarge the page or click on "Download as PDF" and the screen will be super big so you can read better (you don't have to save it). Also on the main section, go to A10 where there is an article regarding yesterday.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:35

so
there
he need
the same guard
as in Sudan

I guess he will
take all care he can

ALL CARE HE CAN
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 15 Mar 2012, 18:53

Was trying to find a thread on George's visit to Sudan...??? Sorry... unable to locate...

I guess... he did what he is BEST at... in Sudan... bringing it back in focus... IT will be wrong for us to EXPECT him to resolve it or any other crisis (like some think --- OIL) from it... IT might even be better for him to simply put his findings out... instead of suggesting THE WAY out... Because diplomacy has a different run / networking... and their interlocks need not necessarily be made known to all...

Kudos though George once again cheers
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 19:39

Pari...are you in Bangalore ? I'm reading a novel set there...
"Exotic Marigold Hotel." It's interesting and fun.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 19:43

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mar 15, 2012
Clooney lobbies Obama (and Chinese) on Sudan
By David Jackson, USA TODAY
Updated 2m ago

CAPTIONBy Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP

Actor/activist George Clooney visited the White House today and made a little news: President Obama will meet with Chinese President Hu Jintao later this month and one of their topics will be efforts to help stop violence on the border of Sudan and South Sudan.

"The good news is we feel like there is a commitment at a very high level," Clooney told reporters after meeting with Obama.

The White House hasn't made any announcements on a China meeting, but Obama is traveling to Seoul in late March for a summit on nuclear weapons; a meeting between Obama and Hu in South Korea would not be a shock.

China has declined to get involved in the Sudan dispute, but Clooney said there is now a "window of opportunity:"
The violence in Sudan is cutting off some of China's oil supply.

"Suddenly, this affects their economy," Clooney said.
"This is a moment we can appeal to China."

Clooney -- who attended last night's White House dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron -- has also been on Capitol Hill lobbying for increased diplomatic and economic pressure on the Sudan government to stop attacks on citizens of the newly created South Sudan.

He is not advocating "any form of military involvement," Clooney said. "This is something we have to do diplomatically."

Clooney appeared at the White House along with John Prendergast, co-founder of the advocacy group the Enough Project. They have developed film of what they call war crimes by the Sudanese.

"This is evidence that will be compiled and used against them ... if they are ever brought to trial," Clooney said.

The Associated Press reported on Clooney's recent congressional testimony:

George Clooney used his Hollywood celebrity Wednesday to draw attention to the humanitarian crisis in the volatile border area between Sudan and South Sudan, offering a firsthand account of the suffering as thousands are forced to take refuge in caves because of daily aerial bombardments.

"What you see is a constant drip of fear," the actor and human rights activist told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Just back from an eight-day trip to the region, Clooney described a secret, six-hour trip across the border to the Nuba Mountains, with rocket attacks, death and destruction. He recalled how a 9-year-old boy had his hands blown off.

Teamed with John Prendergast, co-founder of the advocacy group the Enough Project, Clooney made a film that captured the images of crimes against humanity.

The four-minute video showed refugees in caves, the boy with bloody arms and a woman marked by her wounds. In the final image, Clooney stood above what appeared to be a dead man splayed on the ground.

See photos of: Barack Obama, George Clooney
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 19:51

George is quoted....

"You feel an enormous, enormous sense of responsibility," he said. "We're only successful as a human race by how we look out for the people who can't look out for themselves."

Read more:

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:21

Joanna wrote:George is quoted....

"You feel an enormous, enormous sense of responsibility," he said. "We're only successful as a human race by how we look out for the people who can't look out for themselves."

Read more:

Amen. I love you
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:30

I'm thinking that George's life could be at risk because he has dared to say too much!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:37

Yes I keep thinking about that too.
There are some weird people about these days.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:22

lelacorb wrote:I'm thinking that George's life could be at risk because he has dared to say too much!

I guess almost from the beginning
me too

even if SO PROUD

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:35

proud ? yes

but I'm afraid

and this pic ? he looks veryvery tired

especially his eyes

nite

one bigbig hug ama

kib
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:38

right
he needs rest

rest rest rest
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:38

it's me wrote:
lelacorb wrote:I'm thinking that George's life could be at risk because he has dared to say too much!

I guess almost from the beginning
me too

even if SO PROUD

I love that picture of George, IM.

I think George will be fine. If something were to happened to George
people would speculate and not leave a stone unturned.
With that fear in mind people would think twice about doing something to him. (I hope)
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:40

'too big to...'

I know
I also think so

I need to think like that

but only half of my brain thinks like that

the other half....

anyway thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:47

Then other half of the brain needs to wake up or rest Laughing

and stop being scare. People love George
and no one would just sit and let something happen to him. I love you

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:50

I so much hope so!!!!

thanks
babe
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:52

Love5 love you, IM
bye
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 15 Mar 2012, 22:28

A bit of video with reporters after meeting with President Obama:

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 15 Mar 2012, 22:32

George on Hardball (thanks to Henway and j for the find):

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 15 Mar 2012, 22:32

And this was him addressing the Senate (I believe)

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 22:54

As I watch these videos, I am impressed with their strategy in appealing for attention to this issue. it is a realistic approach in an time of 'misery fatigue' as George puts it. They're not demanding precedence, but acknowledge the glut of global need in varying parts of the world. By pointing to windows of opportunity which optimize action, they make humanitarian aid to the Sudan not only doable, but logical and reasonable. It is an endearing appeal and a very well thought out and mature approach. They raise the bar as activists, IMO.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:09

Couldn't agree with you more, Lakin460. So well put.

Their timing for this is impeccable, and timely, given that the rainy season is just a few weeks away, when the possibilities for bombing, starving out, and driving out the population couldn't be at a more dangerous level. Given the news that they have delivered, the action that is clearly necessary needs a bit of an 'urgent' sticker on it!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:26

High Five, party anima!l
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:45

I am so proud of George and John and do wish them safety. And many, many thanks for all the videos and links. You guys ROCK!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 02:12

Ok so the woman with GC walking into the dinner was Under Secretary for Civilian Security Maria Otero

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 02:13

Ok so the woman with GC walking into the dinner was Under Secretary for Civilian Security Maria Otero, I made a mistake earlier....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 16 Mar 2012, 02:28

Another article about his DC visit? Not sure if already posted:

George Clooney meets with Obama, rules out higher office … for now?

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 06:27

arrested!?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Fri 16 Mar 2012, 07:33

hope this wasn't posted yet (didn't see it, but could have missed something)...

video here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

actually I edited, it's a one hour long panel... but I wasn't sure given the copyright terms of use they actually allowed to embed to another site, so I took the video out to be safe. Katiedot, you probably understand those things better so you tell me if I do something wrong

Darryl G. Behrman Lecture on Africa Policy: A Trip Report: Sudan (Video)
Home / Sudan / Darryl G. Behrman Lecture on Africa Policy: A Trip Report: Sudan (Video)Follow Us On Video Print Email Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Darryl G. Behrman Lecture on Africa Policy: A Trip Report: Sudan (Video)
Speakers: George Clooney, Cofounder, Satellite Sentinel Project
John Prendergast, Cofounder, Enough Project and Satellite Sentinel Project
Andudu Adam Elnail, Anglican Bishop, Kadugli, Sudan
Omer Ismail, Sudanese Activist on Darfur; Senior Adviser, Enough Project
Presider: Ann Curry, Co-anchor, Today, NBC News
March 13, 2012

Clooney and John Prendergast assess the in-country situation in the year since southern Sudan's independence referendum, with Andudu Adam Elnail, Anglican bishop of Kadugli, Sudan, and Omer Ismail, Darfur activist and senior adviser at the Enough Project.
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 16 Mar 2012, 07:52

I'm so glad George and John are getting all this attention. No one can say he isn't shining a light on these issues! He is working very hard to get people to really see and understand what is happening.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:36

From the article that Joanne posted:

Just back from an eight-day trip to the region, Clooney described a secret, six-hour trip across the border to the Nuba Mountains, with rocket attacks, death and destruction.

He was on an 8 day trip to the region and we only knew about it at the tail end of the trip when he was basically on his way home. Things can be done quietly and without the paps covering every single second of your life if you so desire - you just can't have a twitter account, have a PR based relationshiop and can't be in the middle of an Oscars campaign.

So timeline wise, I guess that means he flew out basically straight after the Prop 8 play.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:24

but someone saw them
there

no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 17 Mar 2012, 02:31

Was just flipping through TV ....happened on Charlie Rose just when his interview with GC and JP is on....how nice....taped....oh checked the video on Youtube and it is over 104, 000 views...not bad.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Mar 2012, 06:01

not bad
and it will be better
now
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 17 Mar 2012, 08:17

Joanna wrote:Pari...are you in Bangalore ? I'm reading a novel set there...
"Exotic Marigold Hotel." It's interesting and fun.

Ooooops!!! Sorry I did not answer this before Joanna... Yes sure... I live in Bangalore Smile On your reading... "enjoy maadi" (is joyfully saying "enjoy yourself" - in Kannada, one of our languages here:)
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:52

Enjoy maadi to you too Pari.

The book is good and the film
of the book is now out too.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sat 07 Apr 2012, 02:13

Reviving the thread because the idea of George in Washington doing some serious big boy stuff makes me all tingly. Photos of G out and about in D.C.:

Meeting with Sen. John Kerry

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 07 Apr 2012, 02:52

Those are really nice pictures of George.
Thanks, Astras!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 07 Apr 2012, 05:56

one cuticle pic <3
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Apr 2012, 09:37

more than one
hon
I saw....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Apr 2012, 09:38

thank you very much! Hug1
amazing pics
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Apr 2012, 15:19

great b/w pics Astras!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 07 Apr 2012, 15:36

United States President Barack Obama meets with, from left: John Prendergast, activist and Enough Project co-founder; Ambassador Princeton N. Lyman, the U.S. Special Envoy for Sudan; and George Clooney, in the Oval Office, March 15, 2012. .Mandatory Credit: Pete Souza - White House via CNP

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Apr 2012, 15:46

I don't remember seeing that pic posted Laetval. Great find! Thank you!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 07 Apr 2012, 17:10

Jacket off, tie loosened, gesturing to make a point, the man is amazing. YUM!!
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sat 07 Apr 2012, 20:32

Yum indeed! Nice photo laevtal.

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 07 Apr 2012, 20:40

Nice pics too Astras, love the black & white Wink
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Apr 2012, 21:22

me2 love
b&w
pics Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next