George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

If George Clooney were gay, would he come out?

+13
macs
MM
MyGirlKylie
Joanna
lelacorb
davidarochelle
lucy
The next mrs clooney
melbert
Missa
Dexterdidit
it's me
Katiedot
17 posters

Go down

If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? Empty If George Clooney were gay, would he come out?

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:02

Standing on the side of history
BY: TIM TEEMAN From: The Australian February 20, 2012 12:00AM

There are rumours about Clooney being gay, which Pitt stoked when he said he and Angelina Jolie wouldn't get married until it was legal for Clooney. Clooney recently professed himself impressed by Michael Fassbender's penis. "Honest to God, who cares?" he says of the hearsay.

Would Clooney have come out by now if he were gay? I ask. "That's a good question," he says. "I probably wouldn't have done 10 or 15 years ago -- it would have been hard to continue doing the kinds of films I wanted to do. It would be easier now at 50, not doing romantic leading roles.

"I'd like to think I would come out; I'd like to think I'd be man enough. I've stood up for a lot of things that got me in trouble over the years."The Times
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? Empty Re: If George Clooney were gay, would he come out?

Post by it's me Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:14

would he?

I think he isn't, first of all

but I also think no
he wont come out
in case
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

If George Clooney were gay, would he come out? Empty Re: If George Clooney were gay, would he come out?

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:32

I do think he would if he was gay which I have never believed he is. I'm sure the George is really gay fans are going to jump on this.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:26

I don't think the 'George is really gay' crowd need anything to encourage them.

This is as close as he's ever got to saying he's not gay so I guess the rumours are pissing him off now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 21 Feb 2012, 21:07

I like that he's honest about the fact that he probably wouldn't have come out earlier in his career, and why - because for all their liberal street cred, Hollywood still has a problem with putting gay men in leading roles. It's unfortunate that in a field in which many of the greats were gay, people still feel like they have to hide a part of themselves if they want to keep doing the type of work that interests them. I don't necessarily believe George is gay, but I think a good number of big name celebrities are, and it would be a much different world if they all came out.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 21 Feb 2012, 21:42

it would be a much different world if they all came out

if you are right I guess so
really different
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:34

I think I said on another thread that I believe George IS bothered by all this talk and the "pranks" pulled on him in reference to being gay. I agree with you Katie.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:44

Those rumours have really snowballed in the last couple of years. Just about every online article I read about Stacy, at least one commenter will reply 'beard'.

It was similar, but not as intense, when he was dating Elisabetta, and even less so during Sarah Larson's years.

The eternal bachelor image isn't working for him anymore.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:47

I think many have mentioned that if he didn't "date" the frivolous arm candy, and was seriously dating someone "acceptable", then the talk would stop, or at least calm down a bit. But, as we've mentioned many, many times, he seems to like dating who he dates, and I think the talk will continue. True or false, it will continue.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:50

I don't believe he is gay but if he were I think he would come out. He seems like the kind of man that stands up for what he believes in and he has always spoken out about equality for gays and the right to marry. He is so established in his career that at this point I don't think it would have a huge impact.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 03:02

If he were gay and were to come out, even now I think it would limit his acting career choices but then, he doesn't do a lot of romantic films anyway, does he?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 22 Feb 2012, 05:01

I would think it would. Although some gay actors can pull it off. Neil Patrick Harris is wonderful as Barney on How I met your mother. But there isn't a big call for gay spies etc and it has killed careers in the past. Not that George has too worry!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 22 Feb 2012, 05:43

Seems like many leading men have to deal with the gay/bi rumors not just our George. IMO he may have more than most due to his choices. Have taken a peek at other actors fan sites/ IMDb and I'am surprised at how different they are compared to George's. For some reason I thought they would all be the same.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:09

Just stay away from the Twilight fansites - that's a whole new level of weird!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:19

Twilight? Never, not for me, I'm just to old.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:49

Well G could be bi. Better to stay ambiguous, so that straights and gays can still fantasize during the movie. Here in Las Vegas, I have heard lesbians during the semi-nude scenes say that they hoped the female was at least bi. Supposedly in some circles it is ok for the female, but not for the male to be so open. Please don't forget that today much of a film's revenue comes from overseas. That is why it is so difficult for Black actors to get cast, except in low-budget flicks. Yes Denzel is considered a romantic lead internationally, and there are some comedic and action Black stars who have a similar following. But I would put openly gay actors in the same category of potential career derailment. In general the fear in Hollywood, true or not, is that since admitting to being homosexual will get you killed in many countries, better to stay in the closet if you wish to consistently work.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 22 Feb 2012, 13:10

davidarochelle wrote:Well G could be bi. Better to stay ambiguous, so that straights and gays can still fantasize during the movie. Here in Las Vegas, I have heard lesbians during the semi-nude scenes say that they hoped the female was at least bi. Supposedly in some circles it is ok for the female, but not for the male to be so open. Please don't forget that today much of a film's revenue comes from overseas. That is why it is so difficult for Black actors to get cast, except in low-budget flicks. Yes Denzel is considered a romantic lead internationally, and there are some comedic and action Black stars who have a similar following. But I would put openly gay actors in the same category of potential career derailment. In general the fear in Hollywood, true or not, is that since admitting to being homosexual will get you killed in many countries, better to stay in the closet if you wish to consistently work.

??????????????????????????????????? i hope that in 2012 there aren't more this problems!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 22 Feb 2012, 13:11

there is
there is....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 22 Feb 2012, 13:50

When did you move to Vegas davidarochelle ?
In previous posts you talk about living in Los Angeles and following your acting career. confused
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 22 Feb 2012, 14:29

I was born in San Diego, left to attend and graduate from UCLA, got SAG, and then moved to Las Vegas, to be a "big fish" in a smaller market. I have learned to LIE about my age to get work, both in and out of the industry, so I can't reveal the exact dates. I have had some success here in LV; I would never have been able to audition for James' Cameron's major long-time casting director in LA, for example. Hopefully some of the promised projects will come through.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 22 Feb 2012, 16:54

melbert wrote:I think many have mentioned that if he didn't "date" the frivolous arm candy, and was seriously dating someone "acceptable", then the talk would stop, or at least calm down a bit. But, as we've mentioned many, many times, he seems to like dating who he dates, and I think the talk will continue. True or false, it will continue.

Yeah Right
Or maybe if he would actually show that he is interested in the arm candy of the moment, even if just physically. Hell, just acknowledge the fact that she's standing there if you're going to drag her out and show her off like a parade float. Maybe people wouldn't keep calling these girls 'beards' if he actually looked comfortable in their presence.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 22 Feb 2012, 18:10

Must stink to be a contract girlfriend....
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Wed 22 Feb 2012, 18:53

If he was/is I would hope he would just because he wants to, and for no other reason
of course celebrities coming out can help change things, and but I don't think anybody should be pushed coming out unless they want to, it's far too personal
if he was/is and should come out, I'd fear the backlash so I doubt he would in fact do it, because not only some people are still deeply prejudices, but with his stint of successive girlfriends there'd be quite a lot of criticisms (and LOL they may be called names now, but what would that say about them if they're actual beards/contracts... ouch
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:00

Back in the days of old Hollywood, studios would often arrange relationships, even marriages between A-lister-type actors and actresses for publicity and career sake. The studios basically "owned" the celebrities and they were forced to do whatever the studio said, because they could not get out of their contracts without a massive lawsuit for breach of contract.

Last edited by MM on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:09; edited 1 time in total
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:08

Aren't there gay guys in his family ? Yeah Right
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:12

MM,
Definitely would not stink to be a "contract girlfriend" of someone who was really kind. Even in 2012 many ladies are trapped in loveless relationships with abusive men.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:15

DR, what I meant by "stink" is that if you are in a contract relationship, you always feel like you are in second place, and not in first place, like in a traditional relationship. Even if the gentleman was good to you, you still feel like you are in second place.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:24

I saw him live with Ely and I was convinced they were lovers, he looked into her eyes, touched all the time, could not keep their hands away from her, trying all the time .... then I saw Stacy and I saw a man who does not know where to put their hands (when she hugs him he keeps his hands away from her), I saw a man who seems to play a movie (I have not seen live). Surely he wants to believe that he is happy with her but because if no one believes him, and even the press? Please answer!!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:25

if he were gay it would make sense for him to get married to dispel the rumours once and for all. The fact that he doesnt just get married and endures the comments makes me think he is not gay and really doesnt care about the comments. George is a man if principle and if he came out now out of principle I dont think he would care if he was offered another acting role or not as long as he was standing up for what he believes in.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:35

Mrs. Clooney, this is the most intelligent analogy I've heard yet. Thanks. So much emphasis is put on the fact that George is not married, yet there are so many married stars who are gay yet won't come out. Good post!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:43

thanks Cindigirl Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 22 Feb 2012, 20:31

I don't think George is gay.

and if he is bi, who cares as long as he shares with his girls Sofa bounce lol!

HAHAHAH, just had to say that lol!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 22 Feb 2012, 20:57

Bi sounds like twice as much fun. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 22 Feb 2012, 21:02

cindigirl wrote:Bi sounds like twice as much fun. LOL

Oh, yeah

come here cuties Love5
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 22 Feb 2012, 21:03

MM wrote:Back in the days of old Hollywood, studios would often arrange relationships, even marriages between A-lister-type actors and actresses for publicity and career sake. The studios basically "owned" the celebrities and they were forced to do whatever the studio said, because they could not get out of their contracts without a massive lawsuit for breach of contract.

scaring
a lot

(what about la canalis, lela?)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 22 Feb 2012, 21:07

I wouldn't mind being in a contract

as long as he was hot and putting out Laughing
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 22 Feb 2012, 21:44

it's me wrote:
MM wrote:Back in the days of old Hollywood, studios would often arrange relationships, even marriages between A-lister-type actors and actresses for publicity and career sake. The studios basically "owned" the celebrities and they were forced to do whatever the studio said, because they could not get out of their contracts without a massive lawsuit for breach of contract.

scaring
a lot

(what about la canalis, lela?)
What I do not understand is what earned George to stay with the Canalis? The canalis would have won because he would have known the world but him? You know explain it to me?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 23 Feb 2012, 02:30

I’m almost certain if George were gay he would come out. He seems too honest about other things to hide something this huge… in his 50’s. JMO
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 23 Feb 2012, 20:27

He is as gay as my nephews. Very Happy NOT Seesaw of good and e
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 23 Feb 2012, 20:35

when I will find
for sure
I'll tell you

for sure
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down