George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George's homes EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George's homes EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's homes EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George's homes EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George's homes EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George's homes EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George's homes EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George's homes EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George's homes EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's homes

+2
LizzyNY
PigPen
6 posters

Go down

George's homes Empty George's homes

Post by PigPen Wed 07 Jun 2023, 15:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A little clip to pass the time.

Sorry about all the ads.

JMHO... I don't think I could actually live in any of them..... just doesn't feel like home.   Then, I'm not a multimillionaire nor will I probably ever marry one- so it ain't my problem!!  LOL.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George's homes Empty Re: George's homes

Post by LizzyNY Wed 07 Jun 2023, 23:52

Nice, but (as I've said before) how many homes do you need? You can only sleep in one bed at a time.

Rolling Eyes She said he has twin daughters!(Research!!) and didn't mention the Kentucky house or the place they may have bought in Portugal. Also, I wonder if Amal still has her London flat? I'm wondering, too, if he'll continue to hold onto the Studio City house - or if he does, will he keep putting money into fixing it up? Living in CA is getting really difficult due to droughts, heat & fires.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Jun 2023, 14:04

Some very old pix in that.

He's very smart in his investments isn't he? I vaguely remember him saying at   some point that he much prefers land to shares.

Cd anyone with influence on here please arrange for me to visit the French property?

Thanks very much.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 08 Jun 2023, 15:30

PAN - Very Happy Maybe your friends in Lake Como know someone who knows someone who could help you out. The only way I'd get to see that property would be as a trespasser. Sad Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Jun 2023, 19:20

Gosh, Lizzie, are you telling me that you know no-one who lives in or anywhere 

near Brignoles, in the Var region? Shocked -but it is way inland from, say,

Cannes. But still.....!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Jun 2023, 19:22

ps hope the 'fog' and dodgy air isn't causing you a ton of trouble....

Yet another result of global warming

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 08 Jun 2023, 22:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sorry, PAN, but my circle of acquaintances doesn't reach quite that far. If it did I'd be there now!

As for the smoke situation, it's a little better today. Yesterday it was horrible. The sky was actually brown!(We were declared the city with the worst air quality in the world by the Swiss organization that tracks that stuff.) We're told to stay indoors with windows closed & to mask up if we go out. They expect things to get slowly better & hopefully get back to normal over the weekend. It will be nice when the air doesn't smell like a bonfire. I can only imagine how much worse it must be in Canada.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fri 09 Jun 2023, 22:36

The wildfires have left a haze here in Maryland, too! Not as bad as poor New York but it stinks.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 09 Jun 2023, 23:09

Cheerleader cheers It's raining!!! Open windows for the first time in days and the air doesn't smell like burnt wood! I know we're not completely done with the smoke yet, but this feels great!

Someone posted on Twitter that they deal with this all the time in California. Didn't George say that Alexander has asthma? It could be very hard for him to live there & be exposed to the polluted air. Do you think the Studio City house will be a primary residence for them? I'm thinking maybe not. Maybe just a place for George when he has to be in LA.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 10 Jun 2023, 10:24

I think there are people who live with asthma in Cali , they just deal with it. I think they will be in Cali whenever George
has work as a family.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 10 Jun 2023, 12:09

Annemarie - Of course there are plenty of people in CA who have asthma. I just meant that it would be more difficult for Alexander to live there full time than it would be for them to live somewhere with cleaner air.

I don't know how they're handling the twins' schooling, but if they're not going to be home-schooled they'll have to settle in one place for at least most of each year. They have a lot of choices. LA may not be the best.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Sat 10 Jun 2023, 13:22

George has sunk a ton of money putting upgrades and additions into the Studio city house. I can't imagine him doing all that not to live there regularly.

The only thing I'm wondering is.....does Amal still work for the London based law firm or did she leave there? Is her work remote or does she fly back and forth a lot? If I were her, I would want to live as close to work as possible if that were the case.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 10 Jun 2023, 14:00

Ida - I know he's spent a lot to upgrade the property, but his son's health should come first. George doesn't spend so much time in LA that they need to make it their primary home. Both he and Amal can work remotely from practically anywhere.

I have a lot of family in CA. They've been there for years, but between droughts, fires, mudslides & earthquakes some of them are seriously considering leaving. All I'm saying is that G&A have better choices.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 10 Jun 2023, 16:31

LizzyNY wrote:Cheerleader cheers It's raining!!! Open windows for the first time in days and the air doesn't smell like burnt wood! I know we're not completely done with the smoke yet, but this feels great!

Someone posted on Twitter that they deal with this all the time in California. Didn't George say that Alexander has asthma? It could be very hard for him to live there & be exposed to the polluted air. Do you think the Studio City house will be a primary residence for them? I'm thinking maybe not. Maybe just a place for George when he has to be in LA.
Glad you're okay in the Big Apple.  Saw the orange sky on the news.  Can't imagine how awful it looked from your window!!!

PigPen

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Sat 10 Jun 2023, 16:31

I remember the asthma comment he made in regards to his son during the pandemic. However,  some kids outgrow it. Some cases are less severe than others so there are a lot of variables to changing your residence for health reasons. They don't seem like the type of family that would let something like that slow them down unless it was a severe or persistent case.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 10 Jun 2023, 16:48

PP - Thanks. It was bizarre! Wednesday was the worst - dark all afternoon & smoky. It's been getting slowly better & yesterday was almost back to normal. Today smells smoky again but the sun is shining. They've been telling us it could linger for a few days, depending on the winds so windows are shut again. I guess we'll just have to wait it out. Have you guys been affected at all? I thought it was headed in your direction.

Ida - I agree about many factors determining where you live. I just think that with all their options LA doesn't seem their best choice. Both he and Amal seem to spend more time working across the pond & that's probably where the kids are more comfortable. Anyway, it's not up to me. They'll do whatever they think best. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Jun 2023, 02:45

Yes, Ida. Amal stlll works at Doughty Street Chambers in London -  but she is   also a visiting professor of  International Law at Columbia Law School in NYC and speaks as we know at all sorts of international conferences and given her worldwide
clients  and. now the foundation she's very used to travelling the world with her work.

Their diaries must be very interesting!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 25 Jun 2023, 21:29

PAN - Your remark about their diaries made me wonder how hands on they are as parents and which of them is more involved. I remember George once saying that if he had kids he didn't want them raised by nannies, yet with their schedules I don't see how they can avoid nannies being in charge most of the time.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 26 Jun 2023, 13:43

Hi,Lizzy! Well I think that, given that their offices are based at their homes, which we know  they are, the family are probably better off than most - and the cook who's also resident at home is  teaching them Italian and possibly a tutor for school hours.....I also think that they must plan their diaries pretty well so that both of them are not away from the children for too long. And then there are the relatives.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 26 Jun 2023, 14:12

PAN - They're lucky to have the resources they have, but it does seem that there are a lot of people other than G&A taking care of the kids. Do you know if they have actually started school anywhere?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 12 Jul 2023, 05:26

I've been under a rock. Did they go to Como for the summer? Or is that still even a thing?

If the kids are in school, LA has multiple options for private, liberal-oriented education. And the air quality is location dependent, though nowhere is what anyone would call good-to-excellent. And isn't London damp a good part of the year? That could be as bad or worse for someone with asthma.

As pointed out, they have more choices than most.

Way2Old4Dis

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Wed 12 Jul 2023, 23:47

I can't imagine their children being in a brick & mortar school without it leaking out by now. Now matter how private or guarded, people blab. My bet is still on homeschooling.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 13 Jul 2023, 00:22

Good bet.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 13 Jul 2023, 01:21

Agreed. I'm thinking tutors/nannies. They move around too much for brick & mortar schooling.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down