George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House

5 posters

Go down

George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House Empty George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House

Post by party animal - not! Tue 22 Mar 2022, 00:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Admin and Ida like this post

Back to top Go down

George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House Empty Re: George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House

Post by annemarie Tue 22 Mar 2022, 10:28

[size=34]George and Amal Clooney look relaxed as power couple dress down for departure from Washington DC after trip to the White House[/size]

By ADAM S. LEVY FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 19:25 EDT, 21 March 2022 | UPDATED: 04:12 EDT, 22 March 2022

George and Amal Clooney donned casual clothes as they were seen at a Washington D.C. airport on Monday.
The Oscar-winner, 60, wore a black polo shirt with blue jeans and brown shoes, donning brown tinted sunglasses.
Amal, a 44-year-old human rights lawyer, was stylish in a shaggy orange jacket over a white T-shirt with grey slacks and black heels.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+7
View gallery

+7
View gallery

The latest: George Clooney, 60, and Amal Clooney, 44, wore casual clothes during an appearance at a Washington D.C. airport on Monday after Amal's visit to the White House
The Beirut-born beauty wore her dark locks down with black sunglasses and a black purse.

The couple was seen as their luggage was transported from a cart into the back of a black van on the spring weekday.

Amal was previously seen visiting the White House Monday, according to a report from FOX Business, as the outlet said it inquired with her whether her trip was over the ongoing situation concerning refugees leaving Ukraine amid the invasion from Russia.
Amal earlier this month spoke with TIME magazine about what drives her in her career, as she was named one of the Women of the Year for her efforts for justice.
[size=18]George and Amal Clooney accept the Elevate Prize Catalyst Award

[/size]

+7
View gallery

Low key: Oscar-winner George wore a black polo shirt with blue jeans and brown shoes, donning brown tinted sunglasses
'I’m responding to what I see happening in the world,' she said. 'A world where the guilty are free, and the innocent are imprisoned - where the human-rights abusers are free, and those who report on the abuses are locked up. As a lawyer, I can do something about that. Or I can at least try.
'So my work is focused on trying to help liberate victims and prosecute perpetrators - and by extension, our foundation's work is trying to really do that at scale and globally.'
Clooney said she selects cases in part due to 'the ripple effect' they will have.
'I do think about which cases are going to have the greatest impact - not only for that individual but for others who are vulnerable as well,' she said.
The Midnight Sky star and attorney have been wed since 2014 and are parents to twins Alexander and Ella, four.

+7
View gallery

The human rights lawyer was named one of TIME magazine's Women of the Year for her efforts for justice this month 
In her interview with TIME, Clooney was asked about her marriage to the A-list actor, and how she uses her platform for causes she's passionate about.
'Marriage has been wonderful,' she said. 'I have in my husband a partner who is incredibly inspirational and supportive, and we have a home filled with love and laughter. It is a joy beyond anything I could ever have imagined. 
'I feel so lucky to have found a great love in my life, and to be a mother - this is how I get my balance.'

+7
View gallery

Amal, pictured with George at an event in London last fall, told the publication that her 'marriage has been wonderful'
She continued: 'In terms of an increased public profile, I think all I can do is try to turn the spotlight to what is important. That can definitely benefit some clients. 
'If I am at a work function and reporting of it focuses on irrelevant issues, there’s not much I can do about that. Since I can’t control it, my approach is just not to dwell on it and just get on with my work and my life and hope that attitudes will catch up.
'And I do actually feel like there is a female solidarity that has built up on these issues where other women will sort of call that out in a way that maybe wouldn’t have happened five or 10 years ago. So attitudes are changing.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House Empty Re: George and Amal leave Washington after visit to the White House

Post by party animal - not! Tue 22 Mar 2022, 16:25

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 22 Mar 2022, 17:25

Will someone please feed this woman. I dunno

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Mar 2022, 18:06

Any idea what they were doing at the White House or who they saw? I believe Biden s in Europe meeting with our NATO allies, so they wouldn't have met with him. Maybe the FLOTUS? I don't know if she's traveling with her husband. Could've been someone in Congress, I guess. It would be interesting to know who George's government contacts are now that Obama is gone.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 22 Mar 2022, 18:56

Amal was previously seen visiting the White House Monday, according to a report from FOX Business, as the outlet said it inquired with her whether her trip was over the ongoing situation concerning refugees leaving Ukraine amid the invasion from Russia.
Wouldn't it be funny if it was only Amal who went to the White House and George stayed home babysitting?!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 22 Mar 2022, 19:24

Funny you say that - I think that is what might have happened

Biden had his announcement about the Violence Against Women Act at a reception with Angelina Jolie at the White House yesterday.  Amal was present on one of the four days in London where Jolie and the British Govt brought together all the Commonwealth countries in a long four day conference  to sign a similar pledge. I'm guessing that's why she was there.

George has The Sentry offices there, doesn't he?

party animal - not!

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Mar 2022, 21:26

Sentry offices at the White House?????????????!!!!!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Seriously. I thought Biden had already left for the NATO conference. My bad! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 23 Mar 2022, 16:26

she was alone.. and looked pissed when questioned by someone as she left WH.   

Sorry- still lousy pasting webs.  Help welcome from COH gang.

[size=60]Amal, George Clooney spotted in Washington D.C. after Ukraine's Prosecutor General says they met[/size]

Human rights lawyer was seen leaving the White House on Monday afternoon

nt/amal-george-clooney-spotted-washington-dc-white-house-visit

PigPen

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 23 Mar 2022, 19:05

She was doing this too

https://twitter.com/USAmbUN/status/1506402380300095491/photo/1

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 23 Mar 2022, 20:19

PP - Your links worked!  PAN - Yours didn't. Did it add any info as to why she was there? I guess there are a lot of issues she could have to discuss with members of our government.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 24 Mar 2022, 00:05

Correct!

She was in a meeting with this lady

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 24 Mar 2022, 11:42

Interesting... she's wearing a different outfit in the twitter shot (blue) than when she left the WH, (black and white).

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 24 Mar 2022, 13:04

PAN - My first thought was that G&A want to do something in Ukraine through their foundation, but  I don't think they'd need the ambassador for that.

Possibly the ambassador was taking advantage of Amal's experience working with the UN and the ICC to find the best path to dealing with the Ukraine crisis and the legal challenges that will exist in the aftermath.

PP- The lighting in the clip makes it hard to tell the color of her dress. It does look black, but maybe not?! Remember that kerfuffle about the dress a while back? Was it blue? Was it white? Could be either. Same here. .unless she was there more than once, which is also possible. Too many maybes. They're making my head hurt. Sad
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 24 Mar 2022, 14:02

Well spotted, Pigpen. Nothing wrong with your posts!

I think that they might have gone to NYC - the home of the UN, and the posts are on two          separate days.  Imagine nothing off the table discussion-wise

Maybe Amal has some lectures to deliver at Columbia Law School too....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 24 Mar 2022, 21:23

This was her leaving the WH:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down