George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering

3 posters

Go down

Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering Empty Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering

Post by Admin Wed 16 Feb 2022, 17:53

Once again, for the hard of thinking, George Clooney has ruled out political office.  Not sure why this keeps coming up as a possibility.  Hasn't he ruled it out about a hundred times in the past two decades?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering

2022-02-16

George Clooney ruled out a second career in politics on Sunday, saying he’d rather have a “good life” and is aiming to cut back on his workload.

Nonetheless, during an interview with BBC’s Andrew Marr, the 60-year-old actor and director delved into politics. Clooney, a longtime admirer of US Vice President Joe Biden, described America as a country still recuperating from Donald Trump’s harm.

When asked whether he had any intentions of running for office, Clooney was quick to dismiss the idea.  "No, because I would actually like to have a nice life,” said Clooney, who appeared on the show to promote his new movie, “The Tender Bar.”Clooney said he planned to take on fewer projects while he is healthy and can still “play basketball and do the things I love.’’

“I turned 60 this year and I had a conversation with my wife and we were working a lot, as we both do, and I said we have to think of these as the halcyon years,” he said. “In 20 years, I will be 80 and that’s a real number. Doesn’t matter how much you work out, what you eat, you’re 80 and so I said we have to make sure we enjoy and live these years in the best possible way.”

“It’s like taking a battered child and thinking everything’s going to be OK his first day in school,” Clooney said. “There’s a lot of things that have to be repaired, there’s a lot of healing that has to happen, and its going to take time.”

Clooney shrugged off concerns about Biden’s sagging poll numbers, saying the president is still struggling with Trump’s legacy.

Trump remains a factor in U.S. politics, Clooney said, adding that he hopes Americans have “a little better sense” than to return him to the White House.

“It’s so funny, because he was just this knucklehead,’’ Clooney said. “I knew him before he was a president. He was just a guy who was chasing girls. Every time you went out he’d be like, ‘What’s the name of that girl?’ That’s all he was.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering Empty Re: Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 Feb 2022, 21:12

Katie - I think people keep asking him because our political situation is so volatile right now and he's so vocal about it. There aren't too many people with his charisma and bona fides who can speak intelligently to the issues. Before this country became so polarized he would have made a very attractive candidate. Now, he wouldn't have a chance. Besides, why give up his lovely life for the hell of American politics?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering Empty Re: Clooney has ruled out a political future and believes the United States is recovering

Post by Ida Wed 16 Feb 2022, 21:56

George has also said he would never get married or have kids and we all know how that ended up. So, people do change their minds. That's why they keep asking. Personally, I'm rather conservative so I'm not sure I would vote for George if he ran but then again, it depends on who was running against him. I've been known to vote Democrat once in awhile. I think George is a good person and he believes in fighting the good fight. However, some of the political comments he has made over the years has not exactly endeared him to us Republicans. Lol.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down