George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home

5 posters

Go down

Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home Empty Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home

Post by party animal - not! Thu 27 May 2021, 16:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home Empty Re: Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home

Post by carolhathaway Thu 27 May 2021, 22:15

That sounds like a great day in Sonning - and it's also really interesting that the 'Mirror' thinks George is 50,,,
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home Empty Re: Keir Starmer, leader of the UK's Parliamentary Opposition on visiting George at home

Post by LizzyNY Fri 28 May 2021, 01:42

Is Piers Morgan still on the air? I know he quit one job, but didn't know he still was working on mainstream media. Or is this some sort of online thing?

It sounds like they had a very congenial day in Sonning. I wonder if George broke out the tequila or if they stuck to wine.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 30 May 2021, 04:56

I too thought Piers was off the air after walking off the morning show because of the Meghan/Harry interview with Oprah.

I always remember George’s advice on drinking.  Never mix grain with grape.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 30 May 2021, 11:22

Piers has many, many strings (and contracts and contacts around the world) to his bow. One

walkout because

he had a minor disagreement on air with a weatherman and really doesn't matter.

Apparently he's been offered his job back, is in talks with Simon Cowell, is a great networker

(see today's Mail) and owns a chic pub in Kensington and is married to another journalist.

Keir Starmer played it down a bit in the interview. He's a QC and before this was at Doughty Street

Chambers.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-9625159/PIERS-MORGAN-Parenting-tips-Beatrice-Eugenies-eyebrows-shot-horror.html

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 30 May 2021, 12:17

Didn't over 40,000 people complain about his constantly attacking The Duchess of Sussex. Also , the argument was the black weather man letting him know he was wrong  and needed to stop attacking Meghan . And old Piers who can dish it out but can't take it walked off the set .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 30 May 2021, 12:47

Not exactly. A lot of the complaints to OFCOM were about Alex Beresford, the mixed race

weather man when he took over from Morgan.

There is now a new problem because the channel's (an advertiser) ratings are way down

since Morgan left so it wouldn't surprise me to see him back. He's definitely a Marmite man!

Meghan Markle, as she then was, asked a journalist to meet Piers Morgan when

she was here in the UK which she did and he introduced her to folks. Thereafter she ignored

him.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 May 2021, 13:19

Is it just me, or is there something very familiar about the Katie Hind article in the DM? I had to go back and check the date because I could swear I've read parts of it before.

Where Piers Morgan is concerned, it seems he wanted to presume on his "friendship" with Meghan Markle as much as he claims she wanted to use him. Anyone in the entertainment industry knows that networking  and publicity are necessary evils to promote a career. To feel slighted when a business acquaintance doesn't become a lifelong friend or confidante is beyond naive - which neither Piers Morgan nor Katie Hind could be if they've been in the business for more than ten minutes. It all seems a bit self-serving to me - on all sides.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 30 May 2021, 13:26

He was doing his job meet the actress introduce her to people. That does not mean she has to become his friend. He is a grown man surely other people have not been interested in knowing him. 

The man if you can call him that needs to grow up, he is carrying on as if his life depends on Meghan it didn't then and it doesn't now or maybe it does since she is news and everyone can make money off her name. 

Why isn't he obsessed with finding out why Andrew hasn't spoken to the FBI? That  should be something he should be looking into.

Pan , I'm talking about the people who complained about piers treatment of Meghan that is why he got fired it was in all the papers especially the fail.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 31 May 2021, 04:26

I have no respect for Piers Morgan or his judgement of people.  This is a man who was a friend of Donald Trump’s.  He supported his presidency DESPITE what we all knew about Trump before his election.  He only started to criticize him after Trump’s handling of the coronavirus. Bad, bad judge of character and integrity.  So his views on Meghan ring very hollow to me.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 31 May 2021, 14:30

Interesting that Alex Belfield seems to think Piers Morgan will be back on GMB because the show hasn't been doing well since he left. Belfield seems to think that the BBC really didn't want to let Morgan go because he brings in viewers by being controversial, and that they may still be paying him for GMB. If they do bring him back, it may be to a totally revamped show.

Belfield's theory is that with Morgan on the show people who like him will watch and people who hate him will watch, too, because they want to see what outrage he'll come up with next. Sound familiar? Kind of like watching drumpf for the last 4 years.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 31 May 2021, 15:57

Well, here he is on guns, Sandy Hook - and George.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 31 May 2021, 18:33

Interesting. He's gone from CNN and Charlie Rose is gone from CBS. They're both gifted interviewers, but flawed human beings - just like all the rest of us - and it cost them.  I enjoyed their interviews with George. They were insightful and entertaining.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 31 May 2021, 20:23

Beg to differ, Lizzy - As far as I'm aware Charlie Rose has no career whatsoever any more.

Hardly surprising given those 'misdemenours'.

(Was he a friend of Les Moonves at CBS?)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 31 May 2021, 21:04

PAN - I wasn't suggesting that Charlie Rose is still a working journalist. The article you posted was written three years ago and, to my knowledge, nothing about him has changed. My only point was that here in the US both he and Piers Morgan are off the air when they probably believed they would go on forever.

IMHO Piers Morgan is a jerk and Charlie Rose is just a pathetic old man.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 02 Jun 2021, 14:11

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down