George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman

Go down

Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman Empty Video: Actors Roundtable for LA Times: George Clooney, Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, & Gary Oldman

Post by Admin Thu 21 Jan 2021, 21:12

I think this is new to us. Full video and transcript is at the link, below is just some excerpts I copied over from George's bit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Actors Roundtable: Sobs of doubt, weeping on screen and thoughts of Chadwick Boseman

Impostor syndrome: Everybody feels it, even Hollywood’s most seasoned stars. In a conversation recorded last month, actors Delroy Lindo, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun, Gary Oldman and George Clooney copped to the pangs of self-doubt they’ve experienced in their careers and the “jet fuel” that’s helped them power through.

“This idea of the impostor syndrome, it’s real with every actor,” said Clooney, who directed himself as a lone astronomer left on a dying Earth in the sci-fi adaptation “The Midnight Sky.” “Because to be successful at any level in this industry means that you’re beating such huge odds.”

Beaming in remotely for the annual Envelope Oscar Roundtable, held virtually this year due to the pandemic, the quintet vowed to raise a glass when it’s safe to do so. They shared stories and laughs, as well as the sentiment that’s been on their minds now more than ever — gratitude.

“It’s a crappy year, and we don’t get to be in the same room together,” Clooney said. “And if we were sitting in a room right now, all of us together, there’d be an empty chair for Chadwick Boseman.”

George Clooney: It’s been nine months mostly inside the house. I have 3-year-old twins, so that’s been an adventure in a lot of washing dishes and changing diapers. My own, mostly. My father’s 87 years old and lives in Kentucky. So I miss being with my family. We have a great deal of gratitude for the fact that we were able to be in our homes and have some security, because there are an awful lot of people around the world that don’t.

George, your portrayal of Augustine in “The Midnight Sky” is an interior one; it’s in the silences that we largely come to know him. How did you approach it?

Clooney: I was directing, so I wanted to make sure I had as few lines as possible! The character that I was playing in this, his job is to seek redemption. In some ways, those are characters that are always interesting. I played a pediatrician on “ER,” and [he] was an alcoholic and a womanizer and did everything terrible — but at the end of the day, [he] would always save the kid. So people go, “Well, he really likes kids.” In some ways I was set free [in “Midnight Sky”] by the fact that I had this little girl who doesn’t speak [costar Caoilinn Springall], who I had to take care of, which frees you up to not have to do any of the things that oftentimes characters in the lead have to do, which is guide the audience through a film. So I was helped out by the other elements of the film.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down