George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George

2 posters

Go down

Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George Empty Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George

Post by party animal - not! Sat 26 Dec 2020, 16:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George Empty Re: Amal's father's list of reasons not to date George

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Dec 2020, 01:38

[size=40]Amal Clooney’s Dad Wrote Her a List of 10 Reasons Not to Date George Clooney[/size]

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Amal Clooney%E2%80%99s Dad Wrote Her a List of 10 Reasons Not to Date George clooney&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fentertainment%2Famal-clooney-dad-wrote-her-233831869.html%3Fsoc_src%3Dsocial-sh%26soc_trk%3Dtw%26tsrc%3Dtwtr&via=Yahoo][/url]

Kristyn Burtt
December 18, 2020·3 min read

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney is one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, but apparently he had to work to win over at least one person: his wife’s father. Amal Clooney’s dad, Ramzi Alamuddin, wasn’t always the Oscar winner’s biggest fan — at least not when it came to his daughter. Alamuddin wasn’t thrilled with the idea of Amal becoming involved with one of Hollywood’s most eligible bachelors, so he boldly wrote a list of reasons why she should stay away from him.
George shared the tale on SiriusXM’s The Howard Stern Show on Friday, and the actor had a good sense of humor about the entire situation. “She gets a letter from her father going, ‘I am going to give you 10 reasons why this is a terrible idea to date this guy’… which were our wedding vows basically,” he laughed.
It’s not clear what was on the list (if only we knew!) or how the star won Amal’s dad over, but George did give details on how he wooed his future wife. After being introduced through friends in Lake Como, Italy, George revealed that his relationship with Amal started out solely as a friendship, where they would exchange letters to each other. He was worried she thought he was too old for her. “I liked her, but I didn’t want to jump the shark on her. I’m 17 years older than her so she might have thought I was a grandpa,” he told Stern.
- ADVERTISEMENT -
After all of that romantic letter writing, George invited her to the Abbey Road Studios in London when he was scoring a film with a full orchestra. He then wined and dined her that evening and they both realized they were more than just pen pals. “We went out to dinner and it became romantic very quickly,” he shared. “It became clear once I knew she was interested. From that moment on, we were together.”
Click here to read the full article.
Even though his future father-in-law knew about the relationship, not many people knew the couple was dating. They decided to keep their private life a secret for as long as they could — and George shared the specific reason why. “We had to hide for a couple of months because you just want to make sure — you want to get to know each other and spend time with each other and not do it on the front page of Hello magazine,” he said.
Their fairy tale now includes twins Ella and Alexander, 3, who are keeping him busy during quarantine — and he now understands how his mother felt raising kids without any babysitters or technology to assist her.
“I always say I felt like my mother in 1964, because she had two kids and no help,” he told CBS Sunday Morning. “I don’t know she did it now, I have more sympathy for her now than ever.”
Perhaps his father-in-law can chip in with activities to keep the kids occupied — we know he’s good at making lists for his family.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down