George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas

2 posters

Go down

George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas Empty Independent:His gift to friends

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Nov 2020, 20:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The coverage is piling up tonight......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas Empty George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas

Post by Admin Tue 17 Nov 2020, 20:10

I guess there's no point in buying GQ magazine tomorrow - seems like all the best bits are already out!!

George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumor That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcase

[size=16]By Andrew Shuster
Nov 17th, 2020, 10:21 am

[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
s
In 2017, George Clooney’s friend and business partner, Rande Gerber, said on MSNBC that the actor gave 14 of his closest friends $1 million each in a suitcase. In a new interview, Clooney finally confirmed the story and explained how it all went down.
The generous incident happened in 2013, Clooney said an interview for GQ’s 25th annual Men of the Year issue. The actor, who had yet to start dating his wife, Amal, noted, “I was a single guy. All of us were aging. I was 52 or something. And most of my friends are older than me.”

The sci-fi movie Gravity was about to be released, “and because they didn’t want to pay us, they gave us percentages of the movie, ’cause they thought it was gonna be a flop, and that ended up being a very good deal,” explained Clooney.

Gravity was a massive hit, putting a ton of cash in Clooney’s pocket. But this was prior to his $1 billion sale of Casamigos, the tequila company he started with Gerber.

Clooney noted that at this point, he was a single guy without a family and no prospects of having one, “and I thought, what I do have are these guys who’ve all, over a period of 35 years, helped me in one way or another. I’ve slept on their couches when I was broke. They loaned me money when I was broke. They helped me when I needed help over the years. And I’ve helped them over the years. We’re all good friends. And I thought, you know, without them I don’t have any of this. And we’re all really close, and I just thought basically if I get hit by a bus, they’re all in the will. So why the fuck am I waiting to get hit by a bus?”
In order to pull off the $14 million gifting spree, Clooney said he found an undisclosed location in downtown Los Angeles where one can get their hands on “giant pallets of cash.” He then got an old van that said “Florist” on it, rode into an elevator with the vehicle, and took it down to a vault to be loaded up with cash.

Clooney explained that he told no one but his assistant “and a couple of security guys that were shitting themselves. And we brought it up, and I bought 14 Tumi bags, and then I packed in a million bucks, cash, which isn’t as much as you think it is, weight-wise, into these Tumi bags.”

The following day, Clooney invited 14 of his friends over “and I just held up a map and I just pointed to all the places I got to go in the world and all the things I’ve gotten to see because of them. And I said, ‘How do you repay people like that?’ And I said, ‘Oh, well: How about a million bucks?’ And the fun part about it was: That was the 27th, the 28th of September. A year later, on the 27th of September, just by happenstance, was the day I got married.”

“You know, it’s funny,” Clooney added. “I remember talking to one really rich asshole who I ran into in a hotel in Vegas — certainly a lot richer than I am. And I remember the story about the cash had come out, and he was like, ‘Why would you do that?’ And I was like, ‘Why wouldn’t you do that, you schmuck?’”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas Empty Re: George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas

Post by Admin Tue 17 Nov 2020, 20:15

And d-listed's take on it:

George Clooney Really Did Give Each Of His 14 Closest Friends $1 Million In Cash

November 17, 2020 / Posted by: Mieka

Other than allegedly receiving the odd blow-jibber from an accused pedophile and possibly profiting from child labor, George Clooney’s reputation as “one of the good ones” has remained largely intact. Everyone knows him as a roguish prankster and a “guy’s guy” who’s always there for a friend in need.

Back in 2017 George’s BFF and Casamigos partner Rande Gerber helped to perpetuate the Clooney mythology by telling a story about the time George gave 14 of his best friends, collectively known as “The Boys,” briefcases filled with $1 million in cash. According to a new GQ interview, George had never confirmed or denied that story— until now. Turns out it’s true. Honestly, I’d rather hear him dish about the Ghislaine jibber, but I guess that wouldn’t really be on-brand.

George says that in 2013, right after Gravity came out, he realized he was very, very rich (but not as rich as he would become after that Casamigos check hit, boiii!) but was probably going to die alone. That’s when he thought about The Boiiis, and how they helped him over the years as he was coming up. Apparently, George was at some point in his life broke, borrowing money and sleeping on 14 different dudes’ couches. via GQ:

But in 2013, he didn’t yet have a family, nor any real idea or hope that someday he would. “And I thought, what I do have are these guys who’ve all, over a period of 35 years, helped me in one way or another. I’ve slept on their couches when I was broke. They loaned me money when I was broke. They helped me when I needed help over the years. And I’ve helped them over the years. We’re all good friends. And I thought, you know, without them I don’t have any of this. And we’re all really close, and I just thought basically if I get hit by a bus, they’re all in the will. So why the fuck am I waiting to get hit by a bus?”

I’ve let plenty of broke dudes mooch off me in my life and ain’t one of them had the common courtesy to not piss all over the bathroom floor let alone remember me in their living will. I knew I should have been associating with a better class of low-life, but you take what you can get. The Boys hit the jackpot as soon as Clooney figured out how to get his hands on $14 million in cash.

The next step was how do you lay hands on $14 million in cash? And Clooney did some research, and what he found was that in downtown Los Angeles, in an undisclosed location, there is a place you can go, “and they have giant pallets of cash.” So Clooney got an old beat-up van that said “Florist” on it, like he was in a heist movie, and he drove downtown, and he got in an elevator with the florist’s van, and he took the van down to the vault and loaded it up with cash. He told no one but his assistant “and a couple of security guys that were shitting themselves. And we brought it up, and I bought 14 Tumi bags, and then I packed in a million bucks, cash, which isn’t as much as you think it is, weight-wise, into these Tumi bags.”

Jesus, what a stunt queen. George even had an elaborate plan for distributing the cash.

The next day he had all his friends come over. “And I just held up a map and I just pointed to all the places I got to go in the world and all the things I’ve gotten to see because of them. And I said, ‘How do you repay people like that?’ And I said, ‘Oh, well: How about a million bucks?’ And the fun part about it was: That was the 27th, the 28th of September. A year later, on the 27th of September, just by happenstance, was the day I got married.”

I’m not sure George’s wife Amal Clooney thinks that part is so cute given that George actually did eventually get hit by a bus (OK a car) and she didn’t see a dime! Anyway…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas Empty Re: George Clooney Finally Confirms the Wild Rumour That He Gave 14 of His Friends $1 Million Each in a Suitcas

Post by Admin Tue 17 Nov 2020, 20:16

So, my question is: can we name the 14 friends??
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 17 Nov 2020, 20:41

party animal - not! wrote:   The coverage is piling up tonight......
Its fantastic! Doing my happy dance (sort of).

I've just merged your thread with this one as my title made more sense. Hope that's ok.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Nov 2020, 21:34

Thanks so much Katie. In awe of what you do

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down