George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

November 2020 chit chat

+4
annemarie
LizzyNY
carolhathaway
PigPen
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

November 2020 chit chat - Page 2 Empty Re: November 2020 chit chat

Post by Admin Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:22

So, any more news on the election? It seems they're STILL counting?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 11 Nov 2020, 12:14

They are still counting, Biden's winning and has  won. The idiot is suing to over turn the election claiming 
there were millions of illegal ballots counted. And one of the reasons he couldn't have lost is there has never been that
many ballots cast so of course the Dems cheated.
He is not helping Biden's team transition which every out going President has done to make it easier for the new one.
I guess he should be pissed at Putin , he couldn't help him this time.
As it stands he will be considered an hostile guest in the White House if he doesn't leave by January 20th the inauguration.
They have a team that will go in and physically remove him, I am looking forward to seeing him carried out of there on national
T.V. Although, I don't think even he is willing to be humiliated like that , but one can hope.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 11 Nov 2020, 15:05

Very Happy Very Happy I don't think Annemarie's dream will come true. His ex-lawyer, Michael Cohen, says he thinks drumpf will go to MarA-Lago for the holidays and just not go back to the White House at all - even for Biden's inauguration. Wouldn't it be lovely if he just walked off into the sunset and we never had to see or hear him again?

Katie, the reason they're still counting in a few states is that they had such a heavy volume of mail-in votes - much more than ever before - and drumpf's rules wouldn't allow them to start counting until Election Day. These are states drumpf thinks he should have won, so he thinks his losses must be due to some kind of Democratic conspiracy. He's suing to have the votes in several states re-counted because he thinks it will tip the election in his favor. It won't. He's delusional and certifiably mentally ill.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 12 Nov 2020, 00:07

At the end of the day DT shot himself in the foot ... during a pandemic, when any business man worth his salt was seeking a way to market ... to get there product into the hands of the end consumer, DT closed a major route by telling them NOT to use the only route open to many (vulnerable elderly etc) ... you can’t count them if you told them NOT to come to the party! ... it must hurt when you pride yourself on your business acumen more than your Presidency....

I had to laugh when DT came on our screens to air his intentions... oh please! Coup light!!! Looool...
He ain’t no Idi ....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 12 Nov 2020, 00:29

Right there WWHS.  Trump shot himself in both feet and more.  But he can’t help himself.  He’s not smart. He’s barely conman clever.  He’s a narcissistic egomaniac who lives in his own reality.  That makes him incredibly dangerous as a leader.  The virus is totally out of control here in the states right now and he hasn’t uttered a word about it since the election.  It’s doesn’t exist in his world.  Tho he was all ready to take credit for a vaccine if it miraculously became available on Election Day ... because that would benefit him.  We’re depending on Biden now to get us back on track.  The next couple of months are going to be hellish.  Trump is capable of doing some bad stuff.

It’s anyone guess as to what Trump will do post election.  I’m counting on New York State prosecutions regarding his taxes to get him convicted of something.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 12 Nov 2020, 00:34; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 12 Nov 2020, 00:40

Well, here's an interesting story Apparently when Esper and Anderson were fired from the Pentagon

they were clapped out of the building - and now the White House want the list of those who

clapped so  that they can be fired...!

It's a bit like the playground. But much much more serious

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/white-house-department-of-defense-pentagon-jim-anderson-b1721307.html

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Nov 2020, 00:59

Donnamarie - Apparently he has a ton of loans coming due that he probably can't pay. Tish James is going ahead with her investigation and I'm betting the states he owes money to for hosting his rallies will try to get the money he owes them. If his past is any indication, there are a bunch of contractors he owes money to as well. He'll probably be tied up in court for years.

I don't think he'll go to jail (although I wish he would), but I do think his bank account could take an enormous hit. I also think it's possible his kids might be the ones who end up in jail.

PAN - That's just typical drumpf. He's a vindictive two-year-old. What's sickening is that there are other people in our government who pander to him when he behaves this way. I can't wait until January 20th.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 13 Nov 2020, 12:14

He owes money left, right and centre.  Luckily, his fund-raising for investigating "vote fraud" also includes money going to support the Trump family in any way they want.  So he'll be fine.

There was an article I read the other day, and will share if I can find it again, comparing the rise of Trump to the rise of Hitler.  No, no, hear me out for a minute.  The thing I could never understand when I was at school was how someone as awful as Hitler could become the leader of a country of intelligent, generally good people.  And of course, once he came into power, he simply destabilised both the free press and any institutions that could limit his power in order to carry on.

Now, of course I'm not suggesting that Trump is planning to start any wars [although I don't discount future internment* camps, but this time for Muslims, 'illegal aliens' and anyone who protests against the government instead), but having seen his rise to power I think I can finally say I can understand how Hitler happened.  I just wouldn't be able to explain it to future generations.  

While I do believe that Biden will make the transition to president, I wouldn't forget that 70 million people still voted for Trump.  This is a cancer that's eating deeply into society.  

I'm writing about the US, but really I'm thinking of my own country. The UK is also deeply riven, and I somehow see our future tied up with what happens in the US.  Not so sure that our 'mini Trump' won't get re-elected though.

------------------------------------------
* I've used the words 'internment camps' instead of 'concentration camps', because even in my worst imaginings, I can't imagine Trump actually gassing people, but there's only a really fine line between the two. Just look at Russia's Siberian work camps, or the lovely "re-education and training" camps the Chinese have built for the Uyghurs. Just because they're not proactively killing people there doesn't make them a good thing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 13 Nov 2020, 14:42

Katie - The drumpf/Hitler comparison has been made many times over the last 4 years and has been explained and analysed by everyone from political science wonks to sociologists to just plain talking heads.

My personal feeling is that drumpf played on the fears of the vulnerable and was abetted by the greedy and power hungry. We are living in a world that is becoming increasingly unable to sustain an ever-growing population and people are scared. Promise those people safety and stability and they will follow you no matter the consequences to anyone else. - And I don't think this a problem for the US alone. I think it's a world-wide problem that will take a global effort to even begin to solve.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 13 Nov 2020, 18:54

Yes, all these dictators play on people's fears - which are often not nearly as bad as believed when not entirely imaginary in the first place.  But without fear . . . no power.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 14 Nov 2020, 04:30

Katie and Lizzy - I appreciate what you said.  Clearly Trump played on white people’s fear of ‘others’ taking over their jobs and taking over America.   Though Trump may not return to politics, and I don’t think he will, Trumpism has been embraced by the Republican Party.  The party’s resistance to recognize equality for all in our country has been obvious for some years now through their tactics like gerrymandering and voter suppression  In a few decades the white race will be in the minority.  The corrupt GOP is fighting the inevitable.  And they will fight like hell to keep their power as long as they can.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sat 14 Nov 2020, 04:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Nov 2020, 11:10

For a complete change of mood in this thread, I've just seen that Four Seasons Total Landscaping is following the COH twitter account!!!

Made me laugh on this grey and very rainy day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 16 Nov 2020, 14:01

lol!  I wonder why? scratch Are they George fans or are they MAGA trolls? They can't be fans of both George and drumpf - unless they're schizophrenic! Very Happy Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Nov 2020, 16:16

They're not fans of Trump, judging by their twitter posts. I mean, I don't know that it's actually THE Four Seasons Total Landscaping (probs a parody acct) but it made me laugh.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Nov 2020, 16:37

Well, they've capitalised on it, Katie...

https://www.rollingstone.com/product-recommendations/lifestyle/best-four-seasons-total-landscaping-merch-1088828/

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 16 Nov 2020, 18:33

I wonder if the artists who created the other merchandise have to share their profits with the real place. - it is unauthorised, after all. If the original place really supports drumpf they'll probably sue - just like he would!

I really liked #6. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Nov 2020, 04:21

Enjoying their 15 minutes of fame.  I’ll second #6 too.  Funny and clever.

Bottom line Trump’s tweet was idiotic and over 72 million people voted for an idiot.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Nov 2020, 12:56

I loved 6, Trump must be seething.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Nov 2020, 15:28

There was an interesting article on Daily Kos yesterday about why drumpf "over-performed" in the election and got more votes this time than last. The poster has a theory that he got votes from people who are alienated from society and don't get counted in the polls. They are unemployed, unskilled, drug addicted and envious. They normally don't vote because they don't believe in the system. They voted for drumpf because they thought he would tear the system down and bring everyone else down to their level - and he did. That's why he got more votes the second time around.

Interesting theory.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 17 Nov 2020, 20:02

Sounds feasible.  

I also honestly think that people lie to pollsters as well.  They've been disastrously wrong the past five years or so (in the UK too).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Nov 2020, 16:54

November 18th: George Clooney in conversation at New Orleans Film Fest.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Nov 2020, 18:46

Has anyone else seen Jimmy Kimmel's "Trump's concession speech" video? I saw it on The View this morning. Brillliant!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 15:01

Now I've got the new house, I'm busy stocking up the drinks cellar (ok, cupboard under the stairs), so thought I'd treat myself this Christmas to a bottle of Casamigos. Do you have any idea how much that stuff costs?!?!?? It's around £50 to £60 a bottle!!

I guess I'll continue without tequila in my collection.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 19 Nov 2020, 15:42

LizzyNY wrote:Has anyone else seen Jimmy Kimmel's "Trump's concession speech" video? I saw it on The View this morning. Brillliant!
I had problems to find it but realized it was from Jimmy Fallon.

It's just terrific!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Nov 2020, 15:59

Carolhathaway Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Soooooooooooo sorry!!!!!!!  I'm always confusing the two names - but that's no excuse for making you work so hard. Mea culpa. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I'm glad you found it, It is brilliant, isn't it?!

Katie - It's so expensive the liquor stores in my neighborhood don't even carry it! They say no one around here would buy it and, since they have to buy a minimum amount, they'd get stuck with it - so they don't sell it at all.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 20 Nov 2020, 16:13

https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/1329775365213073409/photo/1

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 24 Nov 2020, 13:29

Admin wrote:Now I've got the new house, I'm busy stocking up the drinks cellar (ok, cupboard under the stairs), so thought I'd treat myself this Christmas to a bottle of Casamigos.  Do you have any idea how much that stuff costs?!?!??  It's around £50 to £60 a bottle!!

I guess I'll continue without tequila in my collection.
Casamigos Tequila Prices List
[th]Type[/th][th]Size[/th][th]Price[/th]
Casamigos Anejo750ml$49.99 - $51.99
Casamigos Reposado750ml$42.99 - $45.99
Casamigos Blanco750ml$39.99 - $41.99
Casamigos Mezcal Joven750ml$49.99 - $54.99

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 24 Nov 2020, 13:42

Yeah, madness pricing!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 26 Nov 2020, 16:11

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  How are you all celebrating on that side of the pond?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 26 Nov 2020, 17:18

Hello! Taking a break from cooking to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving Day. Even with the way this year has gone we still have plenty to be thankful for - not the least of which is that it's almost over and we start the new year with what promises to be a return to normal. sunny

However you're celebrating and whoever you're celebrating with, have a wonderful day. Stay safe! Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 26 Nov 2020, 20:25

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 26 Nov 2020, 22:05

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone across the pond!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2