George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career

Go down

George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career Empty George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career

Post by Admin Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:54

George didn't do an interview with The Sun - this is taken from the BFI screen talk he did on Sunday, which obviously The Sun got hold of in advance and ran as an exclusive interview.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney unveiled two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career

By
 Krystal Rowe
 -
October 19, 2020

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney is undoubtedly one of Hollywood’s finest stars ever since 1978.

However, one part of an iconic movie and a TV role almost ruined the entire career of George Clooney.
In a recent interview with The Sun, the 59-year-old hunk revealed people refused to star alongside him after being on the “disastrous” 1997 Batman & Robin film.

He also shared that the film industry looked down on him because he worked on the TV drama ER.

His career transition from TV to Film

But it was only in 1998 when he landed the crime comedy film Out of Sight with director Steven Soderbergh when his luck changed.

“Steven was coming off a couple of flops, and I was coming off Batman & Robin, and we both needed a success,” Clooney said, speaking from his LA home.
“Our backs were against the wall, in a way.”
At that time, it was taboo for actors to jump from TV to film.
“It was a big deal, and I was losing that argument,” the Ocean’s Eleven star said.

However, after Batman & Robin, Clooney realized that he would be held responsible for the movie and not just because of the performance.
So when there was a chance to be part of the movie Out of Sight, the star revealed he chased down Soderbergh to direct the film.
The film already had a director attached. But when he landed the role, the original director had to drop out because he believes Clooney “wasn’t a movie actor.”
In the end, it all worked out for him and Soderbergh.

“Steven directed the hell out of that movie – he did a beautiful job with it,” Clooney said.

Before the fame

George Clooney admitted to being grateful for any role he landed.
He was born in Kentucky to an anchorman and TV host dad and a beauty queen mom.
Before becoming an actor, Clooney cut tobacco for a living.
He made $3.33 an hour. But after all of it, he realized that he didn’t want to be a tobacco cutter all of his life.
Clooney revealed to have struggled as an actor for about 15 years.
“Any job you got, it was, ‘Thank you, thank you, thank you.’”
He didn’t even think about the jerks and divas he worked with.
“’I got a job. I’m getting paid and paying the rent. I’m thrilled to be here. I’m lucky,’” the From Dusk Til Dawn actor would always tell himself.
All his hard work had paid off. George Clooney now has a net worth of $500 million.
Besides acting, he is now a screenwriter, a director, a producer.
He has been a recipient of many awards, such as the AFI Life Achievement Award, several Oscars and Golden Globes awards.
George Clooney is happily married to lawyer Amal Clooney.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career Empty Re: George Clooney reveals two roles that almost ended his Hollywood career

Post by Admin Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:57

Anyone else wondering why they're claiming he's "undoubtedly one of Hollywood’s finest stars ever since 1978". Why 1978? He didn't become famous until the 90s.

I do also love how they say he's happily married to Amal - contrary to almost every other article they've ever written about him!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down