George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman

2 posters

Go down

George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman Empty George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman

Post by Admin Sun 18 Oct 2020, 10:40

Did you guys know this? Firstly, I had no clue that George and Paul Newman were good friends, and secondly, I truly can't imagine The Notebook without Ryan Gosling!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“Paul Newman was a big influence on me. He was really funny and, because we had a very funny relationship late in life, we were going to do [2004 film] The Notebook together. We’d been sent the script and we were like, ‘This is the one. We can do this together’. I would play him as a young man.

“It was funny. We met and we were like, ‘OK, this is it. We’re going to do this. It’s going to be great’.

“Then I went home and I was watching The Sting or Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, where he’s the handsomest guy you’ve ever seen, with these bright-blue eyes. And he’s my age.

“So we met up, had dinner and I said, ‘I can’t play you as young, everybody knows what you look like. I don’t look anything like you. This is insane’.

“We just wanted to do it because we wanted to work together. It ended up not being the right thing for us to do. I think it was Ryan Gosling and James Garner who did it many years later.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman Empty George and Paul Newman and The Notebook

Post by party animal - not! Mon 19 Oct 2020, 10:23

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman Empty Re: George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman

Post by Admin Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:40

Hi PAN, have jus moved your post to this thread.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman Empty Re: George Clooney was going to star in The Notebook with Paul Newman

Post by party animal - not! Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:53

Thanks so much, Katie - clearly I was in lockdown semi-sleep mode...

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 21 Oct 2020, 08:47

And here's news that Jessica Simpson would have been the love interest!  Wow, that would have been an entirely different film, eh?

George Clooney and Jessica Simpson almost starred in The Notebook

[size=10]JADIE TROY-PRYDEOCTOBER 20, 2020 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/size]

[*]The Notebook[size=19] is one of the most famous films of the noughties, starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams as young couple Noah and Allie who made the entire world believe in true love.[/size]
But can you imagine Noah being played by anyone else but Ryan? No? Well, it very nearly happened.

During an interview with Deadline, George Clooney explained that he was initially set to play the role before Ryan landed the part. He was ready to get going with his friend, Paul Newman, who was cast to play the older Noah, but they decided that they didn’t look similar enough to pull it off.

He said: ‘We were going to do The Notebook together. Basically, I was going to play him as a young man, and it was funny. We met and said, ‘This is it. It’s going to be great’.
‘He’s one of the handsomest guys you’ve ever seen. We met up [again] and I said, ‘I can’t play you. I don’t look anything like you. This is insane’. We just wanted to do it because we wanted to work together, [but] it ended up being not the right thing for us to do.’

The part then went to Ryan, who previously told Company magazine in 2012 that director Nick Cassavetes chose him because he looked like ‘a regular guy’.
He said: ‘He was standing in his backyard, and he looked at me and said, ‘I want you to play this role because you’re not like the other young actors out there in Hollywood. You’re not handsome, you’re not cool, you’re just a regular guy who looks a bit nuts’.’
Erm, okay.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down